/Neog/ SNK Neo Geo General

Version 2.0 and DLC characters are out! Comes with 2 new stages and new BGMs free for all users.
Version 2.0 patch notes: snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/news/KOF-XIV_patch_ver.2.00_en.pdf

KOFXIV DLC Characters Trailers:
youtube.com/watch?v=0QE25tVaB5k [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=nMA5vqR1JRE [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=RxkfWYCq9Oo [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=OksMT-OBaaM [Open]

Incoming version 2.0 brings new features, stages, music and a rebalanced cast

New KOF Chinese manga:
twitter.com/PrettyBakedCake/status/816915802083340288
twitter.com/PrettyBakedCake/status/817381037114171392

New SNK mobile RPG:
game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/newproject/

Latest tournament footage:
youtube.com/watch?v=iYGCcScogDk [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=lFivKsF2CkE [Open]
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxd-2FxFQ75qeXH1xi-QMpjbMgOWsSM5d

DandyJ's beginner guide:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU [Open]

Community resources:
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/

Discord group:
discord.gg/HYAQYFh

KOFXIV gallery/OST:
pastebin.com/mYwAPcM0

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/851720225309335552
twitter.com/BadoorSNK/status/851833803073097728
twitter.com/HBJohnXuandou/status/851759020700344321
youtube.com/watch?v=iXnqB2bxxg8
twitter.com/HBJohnXuandou/status/851760025575931904
neogeo.freeplaytech.com/metal_slug_en/metal_slug3/metamorphs/metamorphs.htm
neogeo.freeplaytech.com/metal_slug_en/metal_slug3/vehicle/vehicle.htm
shoryuken.com/2017/02/10/snk-partnering-with-studio-roqovan-for-vr-content/
facebook.com
youtube.com/watch?v=6v--FV771tE
twitter.com/asyamiiiiin/status/851800572067893250
twitter.com/arika_co_jp/status/852027805248376832
twitter.com/miharasan/status/852028572025765888
neogeo.freeplaytech.com/metal_slug_en/metal_slug3/character/fio/fio.htm
neogeo.freeplaytech.com/metal_slug_en/metal_slug3/character/eri/eri.htm
twitter.com/EXWildWolf/status/852046988564586500
twitter.com/snk_oda/status/852089765755105280
youtube.com/watch?v=uxBJ7wWQZII
youtube.com/watch?v=bADTP7ttF-Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So.

Any lobbies atm?

Too early here, after my exam and class I'd be happy to open one up though

Great choice of OP pic

Sylvie trailer
twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/851720225309335552

Bump

Huh she looks cuter than I imagined.

KOF Destiny characters

>dat obvious Rugal.
Should've put him in the back.

the fuck is up with billy's head

Let's see. Vice and Mature are in the back, Rugal is in the front. Between Geese and Andy is Mai and Choi is in the upper left corner.

Any other guesses?

Venom strike

C'mon guys, is too soon to die

Last thread had too much momentum, it's only natural

There's King next to Clark.

>tfw you are afraid that Ralf is not on it.

Found this

I really wanna know if Jeff is in

Fug, now I'm kinda worried.

In one of the trailers for it someone is seen fighting geese who is probably him. So even if it's just in a flashback it is likely that he will be. Also this first season will focus more on the FF1 story then near the end it'll transition more into KoF stuff AFAIK. This will most likely be it's own thing rather than tying into the actual canon or anything like that. I remember reading that they might use certain elements from the show to supplement KoFW.

Some people saying this isn't normal. Pls don't nerf Sylvie.
twitter.com/BadoorSNK/status/851833803073097728

There are characters with 600+ for two bars midscreen, so that's nothing.

Clearly the solution is to buff everyone's damage

AURIGA YATTE ZE

Didn't know that this was a thing.
twitter.com/HBJohnXuandou/status/851759020700344321

According to these guys, apparently it's easier to find matches in ranked? ~42:00
youtube.com/watch?v=iXnqB2bxxg8

What the fuck

>They want Sylvie's super to be weak.
WTF? Why? She just now got good. Don't fucking nerf this.

Have another.
twitter.com/HBJohnXuandou/status/851760025575931904

> all I wanted to do today
Get a hair cut, go to the gym and practice KoF combos
> What I did today
Ran around doing errands for other people with the penultimate being driving my grandmother 4 blocks to go to the bank then taking her right back.

Letting others know when you have a day off is a mistake.

That sucks user

>/neog/
>actually playing games
pick one

How long do you guys think it'll be until we see the full extent of the effects of the balance patch?

A couple of weeks

Venom strike

Is there a bundle for the DLC characters?

Lurker here, I hate to be the odd one out but I'm not sure if SNK is able to make a Metal Slug 8 given that the last two games bombed financially. The best way for them to revive the franchise IMO is to reboot it but I'm not sure how given that SNK has a small budget and most of all hasn't taken the steps to make a non-fighter game in the first place.

Ye

They've been expanding the story and cast a bit with Metal Slug Attack - with some luck, that could help pave the ground for a future full-scale game.

I'm very well aware of that (which is the highlight of that game for as far as I'm concerned) but still the idea of MSA foreshadowing a MS8 is being too optimistic IMO.

I mean, the previous games didn't sell well due to the lack of serious innovations to keep themselves fresh and that they reused the same assets from the previous games barring the new ones for said previous two games. Granted they all still look nice but it's kind of getting repetitive and SNK needs to address that.

I don't know man, when reboots are done sometimes they turn out to be pretty shit or they're panned when compared to the originals in general. Plus if they start from the first one and release each separately I'm not sure people will want to pay full price for it. Whether it's a reboot or a new entry is made I think they should use something that looks like the stuff in their old site.
neogeo.freeplaytech.com/metal_slug_en/metal_slug3/metamorphs/metamorphs.htm
neogeo.freeplaytech.com/metal_slug_en/metal_slug3/vehicle/vehicle.htm
I think it would really convey the feeling of the original sprites, maybe making them a bit bigger would work? Except I don't know how much of a money sink they would be. I can't imagine it would be small since the animation in Metal Slug is pretty top tier. The other user mentioned MSA, I think using elements from that game would be really cool too. Some of those new characters could really work well as allies/recaptured prisoners or mini bosses.

The spritework in the neo geo Slug games was amazing and despite it being my favorite SNK series I don't think I would pay more than $20 for a new entry if it used the same sprites in this day and age. Still I don't expect a new full fledged Metal Slug from SNK any time soon. It going 2.5D would be a shame unless they pull off some real magic with 3D models, but given SNK's history with 3D (I know they're getting better) it doesn't give me much hope for that.

On the contrary, some reboots can succeed if the ones in charge of them put a lot of thought into them and make them work.

And I know some of you wanted the next game to be sprited but it's not economically feasible for SNK so the best they can do graphics wise is to embrace 3D models. Yet they can't afford another MS3D in that it's a flop.

Also, I'm the same person who mentioned MSA btw.

today is not a good day, for pest control reasons

I am aware, which is why I mentioned that I wasn't expecting one any time soon. I also agree that some reboots can succeed, but I can't imagine people easily accepting a 2.5D MS. People really shat on XIV, some still do, for going 3D despite the improvements citing the 2D games' "beautiful animations". I don't think they were any better animated than the current game since even the devs mentioned that they tried to keeping the animations 1:1 in comparison to the old games. Personally I wouldn't shit on a 2.5D MS if done well. I would see it as something sad since good 2D in general is on the way out. It's a sad thing, but i guess that's just the way things are. Still if their financial situation gets better I would hope for a new game in the future.

Still I feel that thinking about them churning out new games is a bit soon as it is. If the game's website is any indication they are not even done with KoF XIV. Their mobile division seems to be in full production and development for the arcade version appears to be going well. They seem to be having their hands full as it is. I think what they are doing, putting their mobile division in full force in order to support and prop up their game division is a safe move despite it being somewhat slow as they can't afford huge risks.

There are/were rumors of a new SS, but oda pretty much shot them down long ago saying that they were probably fake which implies that they either are indeed fake or he isn't aware of it. If there were another big project like that I think he would be aware of it.

They did mention that they are doing a collaboration with the developers who made world war tons. I think their name was studio roquovan or something like that. That game looks pretty cartoony. Who knows what that collaboration might be in the end. Maybe they're lending them some MS characters or perhaps they can learn something from them.
shoryuken.com/2017/02/10/snk-partnering-with-studio-roqovan-for-vr-content/

To add they recently opened a Tokyo office, but I remember reading that it was meant to house their accounting division. The also hired some employees recently too. It could be for accounting, or it could be for developing, I don't know. I could always be wrong and maybe they are planning something new. Who knows.

They released the Angel trailer.
facebook.com
/SNK.KOFWORLD
/videos
/450913241917668/

Diabla is a cool ass costume, but I could do without the fur coat.

Best costume for best girl

now that angel has something new to wear, she can give her old costume for sylvie to wear

The whole 2D being smaller thing is why I believe SNK needs a full 3D direction but again it has to be done well.

Of course I am aware that SNK doesn't have much to start with aside from supporting KOF IV and the mobile games. Yet they did announce that they will show off more titles this year and they have shown off a few so far, we'll just have to see what E3 and TGS bring us from SNK's table.

And I did read about them teaming up with the devs behind World War Toons. Their collaboration could lead to exciting possibilities, hopefully something MS related; though it might lead to simply KOF characters in WWT, even though their civilian nature would clash with the war themed nature of the game.

>Sylvie
>wearing slut attire
She might be quirky, but Sylvie is a proper young lady.

A pity

Oh goddamit they're using the design Billy had in that fucking Fatal Fury Pachinko "Game"? It probably means ugly "Young" Krauser with that ridiculous Sgt. Pepper jacket's going to show up too...

>Pic Related

So I saw that 14 got a big patch and decided to finally get it, first KOF game in years. After practicing a bit I jumped online, and upon seeing that the only room in my region was full I tried ranked.

Got matched with some dude with 3 dlc characters, leading with Whip. Although it was a 4 bar connection he was super laggy and bodied me pretty badly.

I loved it.

youtube.com/watch?v=6v--FV771tE

Thoughts?

Situational. Tung still needs a clean hit to land this. With his stubby limbs, I don't expect much from him.

Characters that are impossible to discuss on /neog/
>Rock
>Ash
>Nameless
>K9999
>Bao
>Mary
>Sylvie
Did I forget anyone?

Look at what costume Mui Mui girl has her eyes set on next.
twitter.com/asyamiiiiin/status/851800572067893250

A shame that she never really completed her Luong costume. I think she posted about having trouble getting the earrings and her being bummed that the WCS didn't allow costumes.

Why would some of those be impossible to discuss?

Neat. That reminds me that nonsummerjack was thinking about doing a Diabla Angel cosplay

My favorite cosplay of hers is MuiMui.
Do we have pics of her cosplaying Luong?

Oh god yes please.

Not that user but,
>Rockfags who never played SNK games and Max annoy people to death on why he's "amazing" and "deep" when he's not either of those(though I don't hate the character).
>Don't really go into deep discussions about him or his saga that much or at least whenever I come here.
>A shameless loser who replaced the best ripoff character.
>Same situation with Ash, only he's worse since even SNK forgets about him.
>Kinda taboo here but I do like the character and would like to see him appear again just to see the reactions.
>Maryfag talking about how "neo" SNK ruined everything.
>We discuss about her many times, so I don't see why she was included in this list.

Momoko

Her Mui Mui is my favorite too. Saldy no pics of her Luon. There's no pics of her in her Nakoruru school uniform either.

Does anyone remember which KOF13 tourney had the commentators suddenly switch to Spanish because the match became hype? I remember it had at least The_Answer.

Guys, guess who dropped by Arika's office in Tokyo.
twitter.com/arika_co_jp/status/852027805248376832

twitter.com/miharasan/status/852028572025765888
If I'm not mistaken a rough translation would be:
>SNK's Oda came to visit Arika during a Tokyobusiness trip. He told us about various things about current fighting game sales. Thank you Very much.

Please please please SNK be interested in this or some sort of partnership. It would be a good fuck you to those who have shat on SNK, but also wanted a new EX.

>tfw Fio and Eri are lolis in the current year
neogeo.freeplaytech.com/metal_slug_en/metal_slug3/character/fio/fio.htm
neogeo.freeplaytech.com/metal_slug_en/metal_slug3/character/eri/eri.htm

What's up with Nelson's invisible punch? Just looks like a random gust of wind hits the opponent dozens of times. Is that supposed to be his punches?

If it means doing a Metal Slug reboot, why not do it like Rockman/Mega Man Irregular/Maverick X?

Nice

twitter.com/EXWildWolf/status/852046988564586500

bump

Nope

it just hit me that all DLC costumes announced release tomorrow.

Don't open, too lewd.

Is it just me or have they uploaded this screenshot before?

twitter.com/snk_oda/status/852089765755105280

Are companies this chummy with each other or is it just jap companies? Or could i be that they're just being polite like japs usually are with their whole tatemae thing? I remember reading that capcom's ono was there on april 1st.

Shouldn't be released today?

Shit you're right. Where the fuck did the 11th go? Lat I checked it was the 10th.

Time flies when having fun

Comparison between MOTW and KOF Rock

youtube.com/watch?v=uxBJ7wWQZII

youtube.com/watch?v=bADTP7ttF-Y

I just want my boy to be used in a tourny sometime (and not job).

I could see it happening. He's more popular online nowadays

I wonder why Oda stopped by ARIKA. He couldn't have done it for no reason or for just shits and giggles.

Soon

Stop dying on me

I refuse!
Also this is going to be one of those costumes where the only good one is the default isn't it?

I like the purple color desu.

Meh. Give me the original, this one is too slutty.

Not nearly sultry enough for my tastes, but you do you.

This, but at laeast it fit's the character's personality. All the DLC costumes that aren't classics kinda do in one way or another.

Costumes are live on the PSN

Kyary would definitely wear that Little Red Riding Hood costume, so yea I agree there.

..Hanzo Hattori costume for Bennie when?

NELSON BOYZ

Are there any stage cameos in XIV?

mars people are a balloon in the another world stage

I guess you can say Meitenkun's DLC costume is the cat's pajamas.