Anyone here getting the new Type R? I'm hyped, been saving for the past 6 months for one

Anyone here getting the new Type R? I'm hyped, been saving for the past 6 months for one

Other urls found in this thread:

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a33288/2017-honda-civic-type-r-reclaims-fastest-fwd-record-at-nurburgring/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nah. Got something faster already.

Honda wasn't on my radar for a new car, but I saw how cheap the si was, would it make a good dd?

I doubt that my man

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a33288/2017-honda-civic-type-r-reclaims-fastest-fwd-record-at-nurburgring/

>Removed infotainment, sear seats and used "track focused" tires

To compensate for the added weight of the rollcage. The tires were street legal too.

F A K E V E N T S
A
K
E

V
E
N
T
S

There are street legal tires that are $1000 each out there. Literally means nothing.

I have actually been thinking about this today, I have a speed3 right now. I don't see a reason why this car would be a worthy upgrade other than the new car tech stuff, which I don't really care for. Wondering what you guys think, why is this a better car? Which would you get?

No torque steer
rev match downshift
better power/weight ratio
aero

but if your ms3 is still good, no need to switch yet

If I was looking for a non-rwd brand new fun car, would definitely be on the test drive list.

But I don't think it's worth compared to used sports cars

B-b-but my torque steer lol. I have actually gotten acclimated to it and it feels fun now, but I'm sure that's just bias for what I'm used to. Auto rev match looks pretty interesting I haven't ever driven a car with it, but normal rev matching is working fine for me atm. Can't argue with the power and aero though. I would have to do a lot more to get up to that p/w and I'm not going further with mods for awhile. I do love my speed so I'm with you it doesn't seem like I should switch yet. Still definitely going to test drive when I get an opportunity, I feel like Honda finally listened to us with this one.

you won't drive the Civic R to that level, and until you do you won't lust for more than the MS3

Plus the MS3 is probably paid off and being financially comfy is important senpai

I was going to but mark up and limited production gonna make it to much and will b my daily for the next 10-15 yrs and i dont wanna in my 50's driving in a kids car.
i heard that honda is gonna put type r motors in accords anyway in 2018 cause v6 is gonna b kill, might better option

>fwd

FWD is better than RWD.

>this is correct

el
m
a
o

>Amerifats still think RWD is better than FWD
Must suck living 50 years behind the times. I guess when you're so retarded that you think using imperial over metric is a good idea it's no surprise your retardation spills over to cars as well

m a x i m u m k e k
a
x
i
m
u
m

k
e
k

Remember, that front wheels is THE ONLY place power should ever be.

The engine should only ever drive the wheels it's over. Front wheel drive for cars with engines at the front, rear wheel drive for cars with engines at the back. Rear wheel drive cars with engines at the front are for total cucks

>40k for a civic
As much as I want to be a special snowflake, no.

I was agreeing ()

If I'm going to get a car that screams "please pull me over I'm a huge faggot" it's not going to be a fucking fwd Honda.

Well in my eastern european shithole of a country you should save for at least 130 months to buy a type r so I'm good with my cheap shitbox :(

>estimated msrp 36k
Even if the msrp turned out to be 32k, it's still not worth it.

LOL saving up to buy a honda. everybody else just steals them.

i only hope that the engine goes for the hipothetical s2000 remake

if that does not occur, i'll be getting one of these, maybe after the facelift in a copuple of years.

Not everyone is brown

yeah i've got a deposit down
just waiting for it to come in

If you're going to drop $35k on a performance oriented car and can't justify getting sticky tires for it then you are dumb.

Should my mid engine car put power down to the middle wheels?

How does living in the inner city feel tyrone?

>33K*

it looks fucking horrendous. absolutely zero sense of tasteful design

>200hp

I think you'd want AWD in that situation to follow the pattern senpai.