How many times do you see other drivers with the same car as you?

How many times do you see other drivers with the same car as you?

Do you make sure to stare at each other in respect over an unspoken bond, or do you not care that someone probably loves their car as much as you do, and has the same taste in vehicles as you?

I have a silver Corolla so it's pretty much every time I go out

I have a silver mustang however I always seem to get boomers who pull up to me only to say shit like "you better treat that car right!" Or "what's a young guy like you doing driving a sports car?!" It gets fucking annoying after a while

What year is the mustang?

Not too often, and the only people who drive Volvos are old fuckers too dim to care about cars.

So no, no-one waves at me

Same, and corolla drivers usually aren't really "car people," so if I wave they don't notice.

This. Though I once saw on holiday a couple of guys touring with the exact same volvo 940, same color as I have. They did donuts like madmen.

>live in rich as fuck neighbourhood filled with parachute children driving new porsches everywhere
>drive an SW20

Nope, I never see another SW20 driver unless I leave my part of town. Feels good desu cause it makes my car feel so special.

literally never, and then a week after i sell mine i see them fucking everywhere

A 2001
And before you say "that's not a classic"
It isn't but even so boomers feel the need to let me know I'm a punk kid with a sports car for no reason
Boomers who take the time out of their day to say stuff like that should fuck off and keep sucking on the tit they call social security

i drive a saab and im 18 so when i see another young saab driver respects are given

As a 2003 mustang GT owner I'm going to go ahead and let you know that the mustang GT is not a sports car.
It's a sporty car.

saab bro! 9'5 aero here hbu?

i haven't seen another C4 corvette in a while, lots of richfag C6+ around though

I drive a FiST and anytime I see another person driving an ST or RS I make sure to wave

For me and my 87 CRX, I never see another 1g but I do have a lot of older people telling me to autocross and give me great wrenching advice. It's awesome.

Not the original but 18 year old Saab 9-2x Aero driver here. I see a max of 2 other Saabs a week. Always feels a little special

I can say I've seen all of 3 other FCs out in the wild. One of them was just yesterday, actually. Was pulling off onto a freeway exit, and pulled up at the light at the bottom. Saw a car turning left going onto the freeway entrance across the street, and saw that it was an S5 from the taillights. Unfortunately, I'm driving my moms G6 till I can get a new clutch and swap over the transmission from my project RX onto the working one, so...

buy one of these with my first real job after being a vape machine fan since being a kid.

a few months later a friend buys the exact same car in the exact same color

i was pissed man and even everyone else in the group laughed at me how we drive the same car.

the friend that got the same car never even ever mentioned liking wrx's. like shit dude you could've at least gotten a different color.

pissed me off even more when once I sold it he sold his too

was I being irrational

>sports car

>own a 98 LS400
> see some guy with the same year, same color except even more clean somehow
> gives me TWO thumbs up as we both floor it from the light creating a glorious cacophony that only 16 cylinders of Lexus V8 can produce.
> mfw never meet cool LS400 owner again because they're usually owned by the elderly or blacks.

Not even once, sadly. Mine is the only one I've ever seen in person.

Whenever I see another Defender driver we wave at each other.

Nigga who gives a fuck, you've got an RX-7 FD. You're driving the best looking car on the road at any given time. If I were a chick I'd trade my pussy for a ride in that thing.

I've seen four other xterras at my base. I just give them a nod.

You've got a boipussy, don't you?

If it's good enough for you then it's good enough for me.

No, it's not you little faggot.

Definitely rational, but if I was in your group, I would've laughed too. It's fucking hilarious.

Occasionally, but they're all men over 50.

Fucking Itsuki

What is a sports car in your mind then

>was I being irrational

Absolutely not. One of my friends did the same thing to me, the fucking cunt. Everyone had these nice and unique cars, and he didn't get his license until wayyy after we all did. And then he decides to get the same fucking car as me, when he could have picked any other car that nobody in our group had. And not just the same car, but the same color, and even from the same fucking dealer.

Fuck him.

Maybe you should just be an enthusiast about a car that can't be simply purchased from some store on the street by anyone with money. Normies can't into cars older that 10 years.

That's the thing though user, my car's 18 years old and from animu land. I don't know why I told my friend about the guy I bought it from, I should have just let the fucker look online from a private seller and try his luck there.

No, other Z4 drivers are all either old boomers or buisnessmen and i just get stared at if i make eye contact.

at least the chavs were friendly when i had my Focus ST.

Due to their rarity I only occasionaly see one on the road so although I never see one like mine (9-3 wagon) any saab feels like I've got a connection with them. I've seen a few saabs parked around my area though. I get compliments whenever I take it in for something

I don't see the big deal.
Maybe he liked your car and you could take it as a compliment for your taste in cars and ability to keep yours clean and comfortable, which clearly left a good impression on him.

>have Suzuki Escudo
>Drive 3 miles to store
>Count 30 coming the other way
>Park at the store
>Parked amongst a sea of Escudoat

Alternatively

>Get dodge ram as another car
>4 registered rams in the whole country
>Notice two other rams on the first drive
>See them every day
>We pay each other no mind

Kek was it a 1999 civic hatch

I drive an S550 Mustang. I see other Mustangs all the time, obviously. Most of the drivers are cool and we'll exchange waves or nods. The old guys and women are the ones who never notice or aren't in "the know", ya know?

People who can't mind their own damn business are cancer and honestly a young punk in a sports car is better than some old fuck too afraid to even use one as a sports car

9-3SS vector here, also drive a viggen ( not mine ) i can only but hope to own it one day

when i was daily driving my AE86 not many at all,

I've only seen my car twice in the wild, and the other people didn't wave or anything.
Not a very enthusiastic crowd.

I think I've seen at least 3 other fox bodies driving around. Theres a white one, a red vert and I think one is blue. I saw the red vert today driving mine, but I of course only ever see others when I'm in my other shitbox

Also there is a guy a few streets down with 2 or 3 foxes but I've never seen them running around

In my saab 900 we always waved at each other, would honk our horns.. smile.. sometimes follow each other and then take a shower together.

In my 9000, in the year and half i have owned it i saw one parked in a parking lot.

in the 9-3, usually wave.

I drive a new edge GT and I always get a nod or a smile from other mustang owners. Sometimes we do pulls for the fuck of it. I've raced 5.0s with this shitty 2v 4.6 and it's still fun.

I'm "supposed" to wave to other Toyobaru drivers but I'm too autistic to make eye contact.

another sw20 owner here. once you do see another one you get an instant doggy ONE OF US moments and it's magical. I've met a couple and for some reason they're all really fucking weird... I'm guessing it takes a weird and complicated person to like such a weird and complicated car.

mine also has no badges and doesn't say mr2 anywhere so people look at the thing in awe and confusion

I don't think anybody is looking at your car in awe

Because people look at your car in awe?

Then again, I could see how watching a car careening off the edge of a cliff could inspire some awe

>drive an MK5 golf shitbox
>started seeing GTIs fucking everywhere
>just ignore them out of shame

Nobody is looking at my car in awe lmfao, although I have seen people taking pics and videos of it.
I've seen picures of it on the internet that random strangers took.

I drive a Saturn S Series so yeah I see them almost every time I go out. I'm convinced that every other S series driver is either an elderly woman or trailer trash with warrants so I'm not interested in making any contact with them.

Sucks I can't find some bros to circle jerk to our plastic cars with :(

well who would look at a furfag with awe to begin with???

shit taste

>has the same taste in vehicles as you?
I drive a shitty low powered Golf mk4. And so are rest of poorfags. They sure have the same taste of life quality as me. Yes, I dont care whoever drives a shitty golf. Im getting kind of jealous of GTI ones tho.

I used to drive S14a, and there were many in my city (including some skyline GT-R R33s and R34). I didn't have any deep bond with other drivers because they were all "normies" / car mechanic guys. Ofc everyone was probably into drifting, but not so much the japanese anime culture, eurobeat , initial d or any of that ..

Most people that own a similar car to my own, they're black and don't respect it.

80's b-body GM
>one local owner has his with mud tires and a two tone paint job
>another local owner has subs nigger wheels
>another local owner just has subs
>another local owner just has nigger wheels
>another local owner with shit-tier ghetto paint

I'd say all of the ones left around here are trashed and nigged up.

I just check the badging and scoff to myself.

>Im getting kind of jealous of GTI ones tho.
FEEL WITH ME, BROTHER

They don't look at me, they look at my cars.
Tfw you get waves and thumbs up driving down the road constantly, tfw people take pics of your car when at the gas pump or getting food, tfw people ask to buy your car at red lights, tfw you see pics of your car that you didn't take online
All great feels

what's the point in buying a fast street car, if it doesn't look slow?

>fast street car
I have a late model girl-truck

Not a lot of Fiesta ST's. I saw maybe two out of town though. FoST are getting pretty common here and we are autists and park next to each other at every opportunity.

I saw one FiST that was one of those advertising cars plastered in a company's name. That was interesting

Rarely, if ever. I try and get to know the other owners locally, just so we can help each other out if we need it.

Pic related
>driving home from meet/movie theater in my GTR
>1 am
>come over bridge
>lone set of taillights with hazards on
>those taillights look familiar
>it's an R32
>stop him
>figure out he has fueling issue, car sputters at low rpm
>ask to drive it to nearest gas station
>gf follows me in my car
>he jumps in my car lmao
>drive it, drives ok enough if it gets driven near WOT and up above 3500rpm
>he was scared of breaking something so he was babying it at low rpm
>talk for a bit about our cars
>tell him drive it like hell
>messaged me later saying he made it and it drove ok after doing what I said
Random as hell but neat

same

i know of around 10 others around here
and i know all the owners personally anyway

>tfw someone has put dope ass rims on his golf paired with juicy drop obtained from coils
I literally cry

Sekrit confession time: I want to put big meaty off road tires on my golf and cover the oil pan + raise it up a couple inches so i can hoon it in the dirt

Fuck you.

Maybe it's because they don't like spinning out at 5mph either.

Wrong car, was talking about the festiva not the volvo

i drive a FoST I see them all the time but i'm in a huge city and go to college.

Most of the time I see a FiST it's either the one guy I park next to at school or at autox/track events. A lot more rare to see them on the streets. Most FoST drivers make their presence known and chase me down in traffic only to do a fly by lel

>see another 300zx
>begin honking horn in autistic fury and waving rock on / thumbs up out the window
>they always do the same

Feels good man

Would be unique. But is it 4motion golf tho?

No but it's FWD so it'd still get okay traction in the dirt especially since all the weight is so pifgat up front

Not very often. I'll occasionally see an outback but I've only seen 1 other GT in the wild.

Dont give a shit about seeing another ford focus, but if I see another fz09 in the wild I say hello by doing a whoolie

Only once someone did one back.

I usually wave to other Grand Marquis but the driver is usually 80 and is completely unaware of their surroundings so they don't notice.

But you probably see a few Subaru WRXes to feel superior over.

The 9-2x is like a WRX for people who don't vape every waking second of their lives. If nothing else it has a good interior.

I drive an 01 Subie Forester so it doesn't really stand out because tobs of people have them in the SF Bay Area. Got a thumbs up from a cute hipster chick going over 17 to Santa Cruz though. Hers was a red 98 with a bit if rust.

But I can't wheelie? Can't you just wave like the rest of the moto-fags.

I've noted a marked decrease in NA/NB miatas in my area. I used to see them all the time but the past few years i only see NCs, usually driven by the typical "old roadster guy" who never acknowledge. Actually ive seen more NDs on the road than NAs this summer.

One time last year a guy in a 240sx popped his headlights at me and i popped mine back. Gotta respect the popup love even across car brands.

GC8 owner here. Every WRX owner at least gives me a nod, some go out of their way to drive up beside me and give a thumbs up. Probably the weirdest incident was some girl in a GT-T driving beside me and staring for a good minute before I looked over and she gave me a thumps up.
However, Evo owners give me the death stare every time.

>when i see another delica

I drive a 1999 camry, the most popular car in the US when it was new.
I see a lot of them still on the road, but 90% of the time they're beat to shit and driven by a hispanic woman.

you don't drive a gc8, you drive a shitbox Impreza L or an RS at best

If I'm driving my altima, I don't even bother. But if I'm driving my miata, I make sure they know they're fags.
Also, can anybody post through T-Mobile's internet?

GC8 is just a body code, like S13 or R32. It just means it's a first gen Impreza sedan. GF is wagon and GM is coupe. You are correct that it isn't a GC8, if he's a burger. A 2.5RS sedan will be a GC6, the third character (6th digit of vin) tells you which engine it has. Obviously american market cars weren't turbo, so none have an 8. If it's a 2.2 it'll be a GC4. The car in his pic is a GM8.

I drive a first-gen Mazda3 hatchback, and fairly often I find this one guy going down the road in the same car, same color, just a sedan instead of a hatchback. I give him a nod. Other than that I see plenty of other 3s and I don't really care because it's a common enough shitbox.

2000s highlander so basically every day

q45, only seen another one once and never seen it again.

02 gt owner and i feel you, my boomer dad insists its a "collectors item" and random people will tell me to treat it right etc., somewhat uncommon to see other sn95 types over newer mustangs. Never seen another 90s Thunderbird driver though,only one of the neoboomer shits.

I drive a Legacy Spec.B and I get a lot of people in 2.5XT Outbacks and Foresters wave at me.

All the time.

>or do you not care that someone probably loves their car as much as you do, and has the same taste in vehicles as you?

It's a common economy car, it's just a box to get to work for 99% of people.

Same here bro.

>not having an old 100hp corolla
Shit gas mileage

kek

I'm guessing you're American?
MY98 Type RA V-Limited bud. 273/555.

GC8 STIs are common in Canada.

>2001

I always see that gen. mustang driven around by white trash or people who only buy it for the name alone and don't bother to care for it