Corvette Z06 Owners Hit GM With Class-Action Lawsuit Because The Car Is So Bad On Track

blackflag.jalopnik.com/corvette-z06-owners-hit-gm-with-class-action-lawsuit-be-1796070293

>It has a well-documented problem with overheating. Z06 owners have filed a class-action lawsuit against General Motors today, alleging that GM’s top-tier trackrat doesn’t deliver the performance they were promised.

>The lawsuit claims that a cooling system defect can put the 2015-2017 Z06 into “limp mode” after only 15 minutes of track use. Fifteen minutes! Not much of a track day.

>“Limp mode” drastically reduces the car’s power and speed. A sudden loss of power can create a dangerous situation on track, as speeding traffic around a limping car may not expect that car to slow down, the lawsuit said.

What does this mean for GM?

Other urls found in this thread:

gtrlife.com/forums/topic/108487-gt-r-transmission-overheating-a-nissan-design-flaw/
gtrfails.com
youtu.be/E1-31R2piOE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stop being a faggot OP nobody cares

t. GM fangirl

Oh wow, it's not a fake link

I own no GM products you Nocar faggot

Don't even care, I wouldn't ever buy a shitty corvette or pigfat GTR

Thanks, I missed the first 19 threads, I wouldn't have known had this one not been made

maybe if mods didn't erase the first 19 threads and allowed us to discuss cars on a car imageboard there wouldn't be a need for new threads

You don't want actual discussion, you just want to post smug faces of shit anime girls, fuck off

rotflmao
this.

the gtr is faster than the corvette KEK

I haven't posted an anime girl in this thread at all

>buzzfeed

I'm not a fan girl of any bias... I like the new Z06 very much, I think it's taken the Corvette as a brand to heights the original designers never thought possible. I also like the GT-R quite a bit- granted it's a far cry from the Skylines of old, but it is immensely capable and fast, and it's put Nissan on the supercar reality map.

All that being said, arguing about a few seconds here and there is so ridiculous. All drivers are different, some better with rwd, some not. The big difference between these two, as I can see, is this:

2017 GT-R Nismo: $174,990
2017 Corvette Z06: $79,450

Why is this relevant? Because the consumer with an $80k budget will not possibly be able to "find" an additional $95k to actually have a choice. This translates to these cars, as close as they are in performance, not even competitors. They're in two very separate leagues

These threads wouldn't get deleted if you guys weren't faggots bumping it every 5 minutes with "."

As cool as Corvettes are, it's still a GM car and GM has a reputation for cutting corners.

IIRC the supercharger they used on the Z06 was supposed to have an extra inch or two of heatsink on top but it was cut off so the engine would fit. They couldn't seat the engine lower because of some regulation. Apparently it was fixed in whatever Camaro shares that engine (along with a few more oil coolers).

>republicans

>GM

nope the corvette costs 110k. and it can't even complete a lap. sperg more

that corvette is 110k

>650 HP Corvette hits limp mode in 15 minutes
Will the ZR1 be in permanent limp mode?

no, because it will be recalled before you turn it on.

BTFO

> Own Z06
> This post again and again and again...

You are going to ruin my summer anons

> Gotta save up burger bucks for GTR

i cant possibly imagine why mods would be deleting these threads

I think they are adding a larger supercharger at the same PSI (more surface for cooling) and more/larger oil coolers.

>gay furfag
>owns a z06
Checks out

gm fangirls BTFO

I am thoroughly enjoying all of this

If they can get into the 750 HP range without any serious cutbacks then they'll be set

Why do we need these daily threads? There's only like one C7 poster here..

Ya man, everytime i see Big Willow track time it triggers the fuck out of me.

At least I have the constitution..

I was just going off of the prices from basic Google searches, whatever came up under the general. And at $110k, my point still stands... the $65,000 difference is not small change

Say you were buying a house. Your budget was $400k. The realtor shows you a house for $400k, then immediately shows you a house for $640k. Completely different budget, completely different league

>the superior car is more expensive

yes, those extra bucks means you can do more than one lap around the track

hahaha how is limp mode a thing like nigga take the thermostat out haha

because we are still hurt over pic related

>What does this mean for GM?
that GM's lawyers will be busy for a while before GM settles out of court

lol good one man. I get that reference.

>head to head
Why is Mt using the time of a car that ran by itself with non factory specification suspension and traction control settings that were fine tuned to the specific track?
Why not use the actual result from the head to head?

ahhahha, thanks for this! we must make gameplay real now

>Prezo is sperging again

lol

He's trying hard not to,

poor boy, Prezo has really been through a lot

[spoiler]don't tell anyone I actually like you prezo[/spoiler]

Anyone have picture of Alphonse crying because Corvette is faster than GTR?

That is true tho, I am not as autistic as him, I have no harsh feelings againts a fellow shitposter, even if he is by main rival

Prezo isn't 17 years old though, that's literally Alphonse

yes he is, he even rides a fucking skateboard lol

Skateboard is better than a bicycle

Prezo is like 19 or 20 (assuming 16 or 17 when he came here which makes sense) and drives a shitty old v6 gm truck

im not white though????? im black.

>cycling
>several olympic disciplines

>skateboarding
>not an olympic sport, only bums and nerds skate

Reminder that a Gtr can only do a few laps before the tranny grenades itself because it exceeded 240 degrees

but that is wrong, GM fangirl

>cycling
>several olympic disciplines
Thanks for the laugh dork

C is such a newfag

umm yes ???

hell even freestyle park was accepted for 2020

gtrlife.com/forums/topic/108487-gt-r-transmission-overheating-a-nissan-design-flaw/
gtrfails.com
youtu.be/E1-31R2piOE

I don't even like GM.

>I don't even like GM.
t. Gm fangirl

>2010
>2014

its 2017 user

VINDICATION

Has never happened in a media test though
Meanwhile corvette overheats every single time

Lmao stay btfo

when gtr gets btfo
>b-b-but it's a 10 year old platform

Shit talk slightly older gtr
>i-its 2017 user kun

Once again GM a shit. Won't even get a class win a Lemans this weekend

sorry, but unless you post an article of a 2017, you have nothing, the GTR doesn't overheat

Shit taste in ethnicities desu