/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, April 12th:
238 – Gordian II loses the Battle of Carthage against the Numidian forces loyal to Maximinus Thrax and is killed. Gordian I, his father, commits suicide.
1204 – The Crusaders of the Fourth Crusade breach the walls of Constantinople and enter the city, which they completely occupy the following day.
1877 – The United Kingdom annexes the Transvaal.
1910 – SMS Zrínyi, one of the last pre-dreadnought battleships built by the Austro-Hungarian Navy, is launched.
1917 – World War I: Canadian forces successfully complete the taking of Vimy Ridge from the Germans.
1927 – Shanghai massacre of 1927: Chiang Kai-shek orders the Communist Party of China members executed in Shanghai, ending the First United Front.

>News
EU4 Mandate of Heaven is out.

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/JPDFjDVi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

WHITE

NOT

In this port, we pray we are safe from the storm.

FUNNY

>1204 – The Crusaders of the Fourth Crusade breach the walls of Constantinople and enter the city, which they completely occupy the following day.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>not playing a real mans dynasty

Please respond

I just wanted a comfy Arab game.

>Next week, Trin Tragula will tell you all why the patch is called Hungary...

CE PULA MEA PARADOX??? PUR SI SIMPLU NU ESTE CORECT!!!

POR QUE?!???!???!

HPM is poo poo pee pee

At what point do horde units start to fall off compared to eastern/indian?

Not sure when I should form Qing, but I really fucking hate horde events.

What if HPM is working with paradox for vicky 3?

You think his death was a hoax to cover him joining the dark side?

>not the Justinian dynasty

palaLOLiogos is small time

dsj1nu2dsakjen12j3vn1kj23

d-did he die?

no, his father soaked the RNG instead

MEGA link for MoH?

never pay for the medicus

they always fucking die anyway, just a waste of money

Anyone tried to Restore Roman Empire as Pagan and then claim heaven mandate?

Answer me

Don't you need to be christian to restore rome?

>restores the fragmented remains of the empire into a revived ERE
>small time
wew

At least I got lucky to get this CB and have Salzburg expand into 5 provinces I guess

pls respond

aw shit

help

You don't have the Bohemian union? I would just restart if I were you.

improve relations you fucking idiot

spam imperial grace if you have to

it's like you want Bohemia to be emperor

what the fuck

Quick question in CK2:

I'm trying to get the Got Land achievement =

1.Start in Gotland and become emperor of Scandinavia

Well i did pretty good until nealr yveery guy from my fmily died and now i'm left as a vassel under a king.
Question is now:

How do i become king? He installed Primognitur and there isnt a scheme avaible that would reinstall my family on the throne

W&B

kill yourself you fucking autistic subhuman monkey.

Got it covered lad, no problem

I don't need it, I will vassalize everything around them anyway. The Burgundy thing popped on the other hand (where I annex them) and I'm not sure if it happens every game

Just be a puppet whiny baby

>ching chong is OP

OR = {
religion_group = christian
religion_group = pagan
}

>mercenaries
Why?

I was asking, I'm not familiar with the EUIV Rome event.
In CK2 you have to be Christian.

ebin

Inheritance triggers if their king dies in battle as a general with no heir

land gets split up between france and austria, or castile if they had a marriage

Still suggest getting Bohemia in a union since they'll have lower liberty desire when you do revoke

>andalusia

post pics you nigger

what did they mean by this

pastebin.com/JPDFjDVi

>baby

I'm 21

How does this happen?

>He thinks 20 is old
Wowzers mate

Looks like the Venetian jew and Memeluks attacked at nearly the same time.
Or you used console commands

It is if you're black.

No, I didn't do anything. It was one of my first few games and then the more I played this game the more I realised how funny it was.

gonna stop here with my le ebin grob prussia
I've been playing for almost 24h straight

You have to finish this off. You have 100 years to conquer so much.

>Byzantium
Best borders.
Ally them and reclaim their land.

Can you put in decisions/events to take and rename Oedenburg and Pressburg when you form Grossgermania? This would complete my ideal Germany borders.

What goals? Any tips?

Get a less ugly map.

sure, gimme a list of the names you wanna see changed

Sopron east of Eisenstadt becomes Ödenburg.
Bratislava becomes Preßburg.

>Bratislava

>Europeans

Sweden strikes again.

Turks are white and based.

What determines how many banners you're allowed? Development?

Why isn't Bohemia your PU

Should I play Brittany or Tuscany in EUIV?

Suck Habsburg cock.

The event didn't fire, on the other hand, I inherited 80% of Burgundy which is better

Brittany and colonise Canada, then form kingdom of Arthur 4 3

meant to reply to

>Canada.
But Canada is a useless piece of shithole.

I had siennan nationalists transfer to my north african lands and occupy my shit there. No Sienna never held those lands. Yes they actively kept moving on to other provinces. Weirdest thing: they did the transfer thing to move to adjacent provinces, even though there were no forts around to hinder their regular movement

>Spain inherits all of burgundy when I play as Austria
>when I play as Muscovy Austria gets all of burgundy

>justifying blobbing
There is no event for Bohemia you just royal marry them, then when the heir comes of age you DoW them

>There is no event for Bohemia you just royal marry them, then when the heir comes of age you DoW them
Oh, I got RNGed hard

If I want to blob to Canada, I would rather do it as Norway not Breton.

no event but there's a mission that just gives you a union CB on them, even if you're rivals

Didn't receive that shit, I don't know why

probably other missions with higher priority

requirements are that they border you, are smaller than you and have less than 140 development

k

What the hell was Karl XII doing in fucking Poltava?

I was playing as Sweden earlier today in EU4, and Poltava is so far fucking south it makes no sense. Moscow and St. Petersburg were a lot closer to his supply lines and possible reinforcements.

For all the praise he gets, he seems kinda stupid for going all the way down there.

moh sucks dick

As long as you start the war for a PU then no matter if they get an heir or you die the war drags on
Never seen that mission in my 50 Austria games since 1.18

I might give up on this Ethiopia game.
The Ottos are two wars away from annexing St. Petersburg and Russia can't beat them. They're just unstoppable at this point.

Sick Man of Europe, user.

NM there is, and weird that having a negative relationship with them increases chance of it happening. Seeing as I come not as a conqueror but as a saviour

Nevermind lads, got it 100 fucking years later. Turns out I allied Bohemia right away from the start which didn't allow it to pop up - you have to NOT be allied with them

thats Hungary, not Bohemia, but similar rules apply to that one

I actually never got the Hungary one, so I always figured the PU was luck. Probably because the turks never bother them when I'm their ally

Yeah you don't ally Bohemia, as the real start is marry in 1444 and you'd have to break the alliance straight away to be able to fight a PU war

Yeah in my next run I'll make them help me with Venice but only marry them after that so the second they don't have an heir (as I never get it after the first king) I can get that war, and hopefully by then I'll have favours from Poland so be safe

I don't think the mission has anything to do with their current dynasty, you can just take it any time and get the enforce union cb, so keeping them around as an ally until then is probably a better plan, since if you don't PLC will tear into them since you're pretty much their only friend in the world

What were the mechanics of claiming the throne? Can I outright PU them in a war, or are there any side mechanics that prevent it? Also, will the PU claim disappear after their heir inherits?

>tl;dr - should I?

Break the alliance then claim once the truce is up. And you just choose union cb and select it in the peace options when you win.

you lose the claim if they get an average or better heir

when that heir becomes of age he likely won't have an heir of his own so the claim stay but for how much longer who knows

once you actually declare the war it doesn't matter

>I lost my claim because some random regent came to power, causing the game to take her dynasty as the "ruling dynasty"

nice one Johan

if you boost relations a bit you can probably re-marry them unless they go hostile

I already am, the problem is that I'll have to repeat that when the heir comes of age for another -100 reputation that will haunt me for at least 50 years until it decays, and will hold their liberty desire over 50%

L a P l a t a

PU liberty desire includes the strength of your allies, so if you've got big friends they'll be fine

Not to mention you can support loyalists for -20%