I'm thinking about buying a Mustang, new, this weekend. Convince me in favor or against

I'm thinking about buying a Mustang, new, this weekend. Convince me in favor or against.

New 5.0 or go used for a 5.0. PP is harder to find but if you want it it's worth it. Not a dealbreaker not to have one though. S197 post-facelift GTs are the ones you want to buy used.

get the ecoboost

>Buying a brand new car that will be outdated in just a month

New one's only a facelift.

>Buying a used car that got a soft break in and deferred oil changes under its first owner

tgwre are improvements to the interior that might be worth waiting for

i find it uglier but that ten speed tho

>buying the auto
In all seriousness the 10 speed will be a monster for drag racing if the ratios aren't awful. 5.whatever rear end gears here we come.

>New shock absorbers, a new cross-axis joint in the rear suspension and improved stabilizer bars
>New twin-disc clutch and dual-mass flywheel
>10 speed autotragic
>direct and port injection on the GT and active valve exhaust
>LED headlights
>Fully digital display
>Distance alert, lane departure warning, pedestrian detection, and the Pre-Collision Assist system

It's way more than just a few cosmetic changes.

>pedestrian detection
>pre-collision assist

oh my god, they're teaching it to hunt

I'd say they rather added the most important equipment on this car. That's way more important than brakes or seatbelts.

You don't need either when you use the mustang for its intended purpose

*yawn*

still wondering what is 'eco' about this boost

Sigh. Mustang in the Ferd world can mean anything from an econobox to a street legal track car. I like how Ferd tries to use the same platform for all those categories, instead of splitting it between the Camaro and the Corvette. You might as well have said "I'm gonna get a pizza today!" What kind of pizza? What toppings on it?

What I've seen on the dealer lots, they either have bargain basement ecuckboosts with not too many options or they order loaded GT Premiums with all the bells and whistles and they may have one loaded GT500R on the lot.

Direct injection is going to save the planet I guess. At the time when they rolled it out, nobody else was doing it though. It was sorta kinda edgy. Well for Ferd anyway.

>ten speed tho
Having to change gear that often

Err GDI has been about for the last 21 years (thanks to Mitsubishi) in standard consumer cars and a lot longer in other engines, ford were a bit late to the party not starting to sell it until 2003 the same year Opel and BMW started selling cars with it. VW started selling Direct injection turbo cars in 2000 so the fact it took Ford another 7 years to pair a turbo to it is hardly edgy, even for Ford.

GT or bust.

Don't be a poorfag.

>5.0 or I don't go.
>skin on skin or I don't go in.
>blow it on her back, or blow it on er chin.

Honestly though, Stage 2 eccoboost is a nice car if you can't swing the 5.0

>ferd

A whole second faster? Oh man this is great

Fuck off weeb

>New shock absorbers, a new cross-axis joint in the rear suspension and improved stabilizer bars
OK the suspension needed the most work
>New twin-disc clutch and dual-mass flywheel
Will be interesting to see if this is actually an improvement
>10 speed autotragic
vomit
>direct and port injection on the GT and active valve exhaust
OK great
>>LED headlights
They were already HID with LED accents
>>Fully digital display
Absolutely do not want. Who wants this? Why? The resolution of the gauges is perfect - because they are actual real objects. I dont want a pixelated screen in lieu of physical gauges, especially when the digital speedo rounds the speed to the nearest MPH
>>Distance alert, lane departure warning, pedestrian detection, and the Pre-Collision Assist system
All dead weight on the track and unnecessary annoying nannies off the track

It will be interesting to see if the facelift fixed the hood buffeting at high speeds which some people complained about. Its actually an easy fix just to adjust the hood mounts but Ford went and changed the whole front end in an aesthetic blunder with the goal of better aero. Most people dont prefer the facelift

They lowered the hood because people complained it's too long or some shit. Who the fuck complains about a Mustang hood? It's a fucking Mustang. Now it looks like someone squished the front from the side, and it doesn't run parallel to the trunk.

I'll trade in my 2017 for an s650 if Ford doesn't fuck it up.

wait for the new one with the miata's angry eyes

Were getting a new generation in 2020 right? I hope it's better, this facelift sucks.

>pre owned
>15000 miles
>oil changed ever 5000
>already has kooks headers/ magnaflow exaust/ loads of other quality work done.
>22000
feels good compared to buying new for sure
like you just need to take your time and wait for what you want.