My insurance labeled my car a "total loss" and are going to come tow it away tomorrow (it's currently in my driveway)

My insurance labeled my car a "total loss" and are going to come tow it away tomorrow (it's currently in my driveway)

Am I free to just take shit off it? I've never had insurance before so I'm just a total noob here. But I'm sure there are a lot of nice pieces that other Subaru drivers might want if I can get away with stripping engine drive train parts... .

yes

Literally no. In order to get your payout it must be equipped with everything it has listed in the VIN. If it had aluminum wheels, it has to still have them. If it had an engine and transmission, it has to still have them. Even stereo equipment must stay. Now if you take the deck and speakers they'll just cut it from your payout. But engines and the like will cost you big time. Trust me, I've been through it a few times, and once very recently.

>Trust me, I've been through it a few times, and once very recently.
Are you a shit driver or something?

I've never once been at fault, and all five times it was a woman driver breaking the law that hit me.

>He didn't skillfully avoid a crash by using superior analytic skills to foresee the mistakes of others

Are you the guy with the red WRX?

What city and how many years driving? Not ragging on you btw just curious.

Siphon out the gas, that shit is big money.

Life isn't like your Japanese cartoons, bubs.

>I don't pay attention to traffic conditions

To be fair though I like making sure someone else would be at fault so I also drive on the line of the law

My brother fucked my SC Tacoma because some feral nigger crossed the street behind a bus and he didn't see the wheels beneath it.

Wish you were my brother with your cold and fast analizing eyes.

drop the oil pan and take the pistons

It's in central Kentucky, two different cities. 15 years of driving.

>central KY
Thank god i got out of there before i lost another car to a woman. Moved states and still ended up getting hit tho

I wouldn't give the insurance company an excuse to weasel out of paying you, because insurance companies live to find ways of not paying you.

They just lowball your car's value and then make a nice bundle selling the car at auction. It's an absolute racket.

Take out any fluids like gas and oil if it's fresh enough. Take out anything that isn't stock and put the stock parts back in. If this is too much of a hassle, then buy your car back as salvage.

You can easily take the clutch disk and pressure plate if you put the trans back on the engine.

>this
>do this
Report back so Veeky Forums can >Profit

Yeah, it's not ideal. But when I see post after post about smog and regulations, and bullshit laws, I enjoy where I live. Yeah I get hit every few years, thankfully always in my DD, but I never have to worry about the legality of any of my cars. I can drive like a cock in the mountains anytime I want. And I can do pretty much anything I want when I want.

This is the shit I would literally do. Do you think realistically I would get fukt by the insurance company?

It would be long past settled before they find out. And when they did it would be the person who buys it from the scrap yard's problem.