What is your oil filter of choice Veeky Forums? Wix or K&N?

What is your oil filter of choice Veeky Forums? Wix or K&N?

Bosch

I used to k&n for the nut but Im switching to bosch.

K&N, that stupid nut is stupid attractive for removing it

Service Champ or Mile Guard because I get them for free.

Mobil 1

whatever is easiest to swap out, they get bypassed when the pressure builds up anyway

MANN

Purolator

Ryco

Fram. Cheapest on RA. Sometimes less than $2.

Bosch is the only one I trust.

Well mobile 1 as well

OEM because Toyota knows best and they're like $4 at the dealer

K&N, Purolator, or Bosch.

Only suckas run filters with cardboard endcaps.

>cardboard endcaps.
Steel endcaps tear away from the filter element. Fact!

Yes, and cardboard ones hold strong - Cardboard StrongĀ®.

Look, why do you have to be a Fram apologist? Fram filters suck and you need to accept that.

>cardboard ones hold strong
They don't. They flex and don't tear.

When the fuck would this ever be a concern? Are you putting filters on with a rattle gun?

Motorcraft, 'cause fuck it.

It's interesting how the three biggest brands with Oil Filters (Purolator, Bosch, and Mobile 1) all use metal and not cardboard and are more expensive while only the cheaper filters run cardboard.
Guess the big companies are stupid and using a more expensive material for zero reason that they don't even market about.
Because that makes sense.

>they all use!
Those metal ended filters are all made in the same or neighboring factories in Guangdong.

Where something is made doesn't really matter. It's the quality of fabrication and the quality of design.

Plus I'm sure the cardboard ones are made in the sweatshop underneath that factory.

Oh snap, made in China?!? (except Bosch)

You really opened my eyes, because everyone knows that US cardboard is stronger than Chinese steel or aluminum.

>Bosch
Over 2m sq ft of factory space in China not including subsidiaries.

Wow a large company has factory space in China. How will they ever make a comeback from this crazy leak of information.

Apple makes solid products and they all come out of China. I hate Apple but even I can admit their products are some of the best produced and finished pieces of tech anywhere.
So don't try and use China to say the quality is lower. USA made is literally a joke and if you know anything about economics them you know that outsourcing work and creating trade actually stimulates and grows our economy.

>Apple makes solid products

BOSCH or MANN

wassup fag boys

Who the fuck cares? It's a disposable part. Are we really having pissing contests over oil filters now?

>buying anything but the filter from the dealership for a fifth of the cost and the most filter element.

imagine there was a device preventing debris from circulating the engine.

now imagine there wasn't this device.

That's what would happen if the filter would stop working.

wiz because subaru bypass valve requirements...

it's just a filter lmfao. If you don't buy the cheapest one you see, you love sucking jew cock

Wix, because $4 NZD a filter

>All OEM filters have more filtration at a 5th the cost of any competitors, no matter what

Half of them don't even have anti-drainback flaps.

These are for 22RE engine

So either napa gold (wix) or K&N (Mobil 1)

This

>mfw I found out the reason Purolators are so good is because it's actually made by Mann
based

Last filter I bought was Mobil1. The car had a K&N on previously.

Wix because they're the best for the price.

having a pissing contest over it is pointless, but if you think because it's disposable that it isn't work paying a couple bucks extra for something much better you're a massive retard

I wouldn't call an engine that could cost thousands to replace disposable
Even if I got a junkyard motor for my car it's still a shitload of work swapping out the destroyed one for the "new" one, especially if the two engines aren't completely identical (i.e. swapping an LS1 for an LQ9)

My new k&n filter seems to affect oil pressure in my 93 miata, the pressure seems to change less rapidly compared to oem

AC Delco pleb here.

Is that a bad thing or a good thing?