/mcg/ - Minecraft General

Backpacks inside other backpacks edition

We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2233889-dr-cyanos-wonderful-wands-and-wizarding-robes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hi

You're late

I was busy setting up my AE2 setup.
It's fun

Built a hus after finding a nice meadow to settle in. It's got thick woods to west which sit upon steep hills.

>computers and digitized items
>stone and cobblestone
ree

It's gonna be Chisel Marble later, but it's so god damn rare to find.

efficiencyfags need to die 2bh

i know that feel

JESUS FUCK
YOU CAN HOLD SHIFT AND USE THE SCROLL WHEEL TO REMOVE ITEMS FROM AN AE NETWORK
IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO FIGURE THIS OUT

Is this game dead yet?

What are those wall blocks?

i dont remember the exact name but i know its from chisel and its paper based

They're similar, but they're actually from Millénaire. They're the timber framed blocks.

>『Current Year』
>memoryleak frogmod

not yet
give it a couple more years for microsoft to shut down the java version forcing everyone to the cash shop version

I know ;___________;

Reminder that he's updating it to 1.8.9, because he's an idiotic frenchman who has to be contrarian.

Cute and comfy but kinda lonely, make some friends for that house.

Is there a SINGLE decent premade modpack?

I'm not asking for the next coming of jesus, just something that isn't "holy shit shove tinkers contruct mekanism immersive engineering botania thermal expansion and every other big known mod in there as well as the kitchen sink and call it a new and revolutionary pack".

I personally liked Blightfall.
Granted, it's one of the only modpacks I tried to play. I wanted to try A skyblock, but they're all balanced like shit and "Muh Sifters"

So, I just stick to my own modpack. Now with Advanced Rockets.

Third party packs on the FTB launcher/forums can be pretty good sometimes.

The old tekkit packs like voltz and hexxit are pretty good, because unlike ftb, they tried to make them themed.

The development has been taken over by someone else; not sure if they're frogs or not, but I do know about it being updated to 1.8.9. Fuckers.

I've been playing Proton by Vazkii since yesterday. It's Better with Mods and some extra goodies added.
Pretty comfy.

>skellington village protected by fucking bedrock
I wasn't expecting this when i saw a village on my map, not at all.

Don't remind me.
Goddamnit, all I want is my trains and SOME sort of build-your-own village mod.
Villagebox and Minecolonies are both 'LMAO SUPPORT THE MOST STABLE AND SUPPORTED VERSION OF MINECRAFT? NAH', Millenaire was left dead and bugged by that fucking frog to the point where if you have NEI/any other mods it seems to flip it's shit and start making gigabyte logs, and there's no other mods like that for 1.7, as far as I can tell.
Fuck, man. I feel more shafted than a Farmfag.

>chocolate quest
turn back before its too late

But why

iirc its pretty crash happy

Theres advanced warfare for retarded npcs that behave like robots or... setup a complex autistic Custom npc setup scripting them to simulate work.

So that explains why my toaster bleeds profusely after a while.

It's also a terrible mod, for fuck's sake it uses indestructible blocks in worldgen.

Whatever happened to texture pack support? Seems like it just died when the 1.8 transition began.

I dunno, but the lack of some textures does bother me.

>Needing blood to reach space
>Blood for tech recipes
>Needing enderpearls
>Enderpearls for anything
Thats just plain retarded, why are you playing this?

So which pack do you guys think was the point where FTB jumped the shark? Because I highly doubt it was that 1.10 pack that even Reddit was calling bullshit on.

What about stack upgrades?

Stack upgrade doesn't work for logistic node mining

Which world generation mod? It's beautiful.

>using those stupid fucking Steve's Carts recipes
>then making them WORSE
>AND USING THEM AS INGREDIENTS FOR OTHER SHIT
All I feel is anger. I could point out everything wrong with SC's recipes but that would take ages and risk giving me anger-related heart problems.

Infinity Evolved Expert was pretty bad in terms of shark-jumping, but its not like they were ever good.

could be amplified

I think those are Bop so might be Bop+CC

this is worse than my hardcore pack

and in it iron requires a copper pick or better, picks require a smeltery, and a smeltery requires iron
also villages dont spawn and mobs dont drop metals

>tfw shit tier internet
>tfw 1000 ping for TS2
>tfw having to autism on my own

a-at least it means i'm free to tweak it a bit...
will adding projectred make it crash?

It already has redlogic, why would you want projectred?

I'm retarded and didn't notice it was there.
Guess that covers my pretty lighting needs then.

anyone playing together?

im drunk

Fairylights is also in there, though the recipes don't work with NEI because reasons.

Hey I was tired of building big reactors so I just started spamming mekanism wind thingies.

is that OK?

make better bait

I only posted that because I'm being serious

Make an ethylene setup and feed it into a gas-burning generator, that's 8k RF/t in a block.

When am I hosting a sever?

I've been banging my head against a wall for the past hour and a half, so maybe you guys can help me. At some point while i was throwing mods together, NEI stopped working. I know that its not because I hit o or whatever, because that wont bring it back. So do any of you guys know if any of these mods have compatibility issues with NEI?

I don't know, you may have corrupted something somehow but the first thing you should do is remove chickenchunks and replace it with dimensionalanchors.
Chickenbones is a certified retard and chickenchunks causes all sorts of issues, whereas immibus is actually smart and dimensionalanchors is good.

Maybe it's causing the problem, but probably not.
Try reinstalling everything and diong shit one by one.

I don't know of any compatibility issues but I noticed your pack is missing mekanism, big reactors, enchanting plus, and logistics pipes. You'll probably want to look into those. I'm glad to have helped btw.

>run 1.10 forge without mods
> below 10 fps
this is a lower fps than my 1.7.10 pack with 191 mods and shaders installed

Stop tarring the name of good mods with bigreactors and mekanism you nigger.

Fucking christ thanks for this response. I forgot to mention dragonic evolution.

Glad I could help, now stop shitposting for now, do that when factionfags show up.

>minetweaker but no modtweaker
>thaumcraft all by its lonesome with no addons

I dunno, double check you're giving it enough memory, and disable all mods and re-enable them in small batches to see if you can find the cause

This or Thaumcraft? What's the consensus?

that

>those plain textures
It's shit.

You're going to have to elaborate on what "this" is, but it looks like shit.

minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2233889-dr-cyanos-wonderful-wands-and-wizarding-robes

Those flat textures are a sign to ditch that over Thaumcraft.
God fucking dammit. Why are so many magic mods so poorly textured?

Where do most of you fags find texture packs? Planet Autism? Curse?

Most people don't use texture packs because they almost always look like shit and never cover all the mods, especially because people often use obscure ones.

I don't mind if some mods stick out. I am using next to nothing so not much will be out of the ordinary.

Immersive engineering is already good looking anyways

It looks like a gimmick mod the creator made to learn how to do things, good on him, but not something like TC.
They're not really comparable, TC is a massive fucking mod with a shitload of addons.

programmers often aren't artists, and new guys on the scene often can't get the artistic help they need.

Why hasnt anyone picked up Engineer's Toolbox?

Literally the best Techmod.
Just needs scaling.

Gotta wonder how much Ars Magica 2 would change is that Damien Hazard guy also did textures for that mod.

If its robe and wizard hat so you can cast magic missile at the darkness, that mod might be a little less challenging, But thaumcraft or witchery has a bit more depth of gameplay.

>taking charge ring back to +5
Good man

because it was abandoned three years ago and has no fucking documentation worth a damn.

I've done quite a bit of IC2 before, should I install gregtech? Are there any mods that reach godlike levels of technology?

Also, what does the endgame for thaumcraft look like? I want to know if it's worth persisting. Obviously the mods good and I have a bunch of addons, but I'm not getting anywhere quickly and it seems like a bunch of work with no payoff yet. I did blood magic all the way through and thought it was interesting with a mob grinder and killing villagers for fun and profit, but the payoff wasn't super satisfying.

>those fucking essentia pipes
I still don't understand those things worth a damn.
Literally fucking magic to me.

>install gregtech in a existing world
no

And if by godlike you mean OP, you always can install draconicdildo

>existing world
No, I was starting a new one. I'd be alright with an insanely expensive tech tree if it meant the benefits of climbing it were sweet as sugar and the toys amazing. I basically had more EU than I could ever hope to use even pumping a huge array of mass fabricators.

It's too bad there's not like a good space exploration bend to minecraft or any mods that I'm aware of. I'd like to reach "abusing the Kardeshev Scale for fun and profit" levels.

The Minecraft Marketplace has some good ones

>the benefits of climbing it were sweet as sugar and the toys amazing

Nope. You just get the same stuff you get from IC2 after a longer climb. If you don't like building giant factories for the sake of building giant factories, you won't like gregtech.

GT new horizons or pack of similar difficulty serb WHEN?

I might do it. IC2 was fun the first time, and I need an excuse to build huge factories and machines. I enjoyed my IC2 setup, but it was simple, and I had a fair bit of fun making my auto plutonium generator. Part of it is that I want the achievement to mean something, and I want a reason to build these huge factories that do something other than a cactus farm that exists to pump out scrap.

I'm basically aiming to build a megacity in an alternate dimension, but I can't imagine having that many villagers living there, much less actual people using it, but I want enormous industry, power consumption etc. Gregtech will fit that bill, correct?

Too bad there's no one mod that combines this with attempting to reach the singularity.

I could host it, but my server probably isn't much good. I'd love to host it but I'm not willing to spend money on renting an actual server if people will play on it for a week and then the server dies.

Such is the nature of our serbs.

I can host!!!!!!!!!!
Will people actually play?

I was thinking about it. The other guy obviously wants it. I honestly was wanting to host it just so I can go on a power trip and then fuck around with cool mods. Even if I had op I'd still progress normally. I just love the prospect of having the option to do things even if I never do them.

usually /mcg/ autists quit once endgame is reached in powergaming commies within a couple months or so.
with that pack, it wouldn't be anywhere near as quick.

Alright after building more Advanced Rocketry machines, I've finally made a basic launch pad. All that remains is to build and launch the satellites into spess.

Unfortunately, each satellite rocket costs at least 8 titanium to build, and getting nether gravel is still a pain.

I'm thinking about throwing a server together. I have some shit that's not doing anything right now.

I might add BoP since I love some of the biomes it generates. Love Crag biomes and Tainted Forests. Any objections or other suggestions?

but GT new horizons has BoP

>I'm fucking blind
Anything else? I'm not looking to change the focus too much.

i think a bunch of memers would disqualify it for having HQM, so you can take that out if you want.
even though i like them, spice of life and hardcore darkness get a lot of hate here.

I'm thinking about it. Spice of life seems like a total fucking meme. I remember on a similar server I had a hard time surviving the first couple of nights because Spice of life fucked me because I couldn't get a variety of food.

It's actually kind of funny, since this modpack resembles an expansion of the one I was personally building for my own use.