Why did GM make fun of Honda for making lawn mowers?

Why did GM make fun of Honda for making lawn mowers?

youtube.com/watch?v=fHXfV1p7KU8

They cant make fun of them for making worse cars.

>haha yamaha makes world-class pianos as well as motorcycles and dirt/sumo, unlike General "bail us out my nigga" Motors
>FAGS!!!1
>ps buy out stuff pls im begging you i took out a mortgage on my house to pay for this BMW

because honda lawnmowers are still more reliable than a corvette

Masport > Honda

They didn't make fun of them, they acknowledged that Honda engines are top-fucking-tier.

t. Honda generator and lawnmower owner

Briggs are just as reliable at a 1/3 the price.

At least they didn't take a jab at their GP2 engine

They make a hell of a generator, but a sport is clearly king when it comes to lawn mowers. I really wish they'd make chainsaws, it doesn't need to be a 2 chainsaw brand system.

*Masport not "a sport"

because literally everything gm has ever made and will ever make is shit compared to any honda product

Because it's a dumb Boomer meme that Chevy marketing firms still thought was funny in 2008 right before they needed to be bailed out by Obama.

The GX200 is amazing for power equipment and decent at karts.

Whats so great about them? All I'm seeing is a run of the mill brigs on a weak looking deck with a fuckload of plastic. Look shitty compared to a commercial Toro.

Because GM's marketing are fucking retards.

>NOT ACTORS. REAL PEOPLE

No, old masport. 90s masport. New masport a shit. Old masports have indestructible frames and indestructible engines. They're simple and rugged.

>GM lawnmower
>can only mow half of your lawn before it overheats

and a boosted civic will be faster and more reliable too

speaking of honda lawn mowers my easy start battery recently went out. is there anything wrong with rigging the dc adapter thing it came with to start it?

I've been pull starting it for a while but sometimes a nigga wants to turn key

Honda should put one of those lawnmower engines in the back of the Mclaren F1 car...prolly wouldn't be that much slower and it may even make it over the finish line before blowing up...

You could probably get a solid 5 minutes of mowing done before it would oil your lawn on a GM mower.

>Today GM recalled 1.3 million lawn mowers for reasons

I owned a honda snowblower and it was the biggest piece of shit I've ever had to deal with. Broke after 1 and a half seasons and switched back to an American one and haven't had a problem.

Literal desperation.
My uncle used to own a cobalt. Said good gas mpg...but it was a total piece of shit that fell apart after 40k of highway miles.Even the dealer was so ashamed that they send that batch back to chevy and bought back my uncles car.

>old masports
they may have been king, but Honda still has their quality.

yeah them Japanese snow blowers are hard to understand for burgers.

had mine for 5+ years, never a problem

didn't it come with warranty?

Please post the real one next time

>leaks oil on your lawn
>catches your lawn on fire
>gets you in trouble with the EPA

When will GM expand into other markets to recall things.

fucking hell, I love this place

Uh no, if so proof?

Been in the small engine repair business for about 15 years now Briggs is in no way just as reliable. Short term they are fine. But I'm seeing more and more Briggs brought into the shop. They have started to cut corners and use aluminum engine blocks, rubber and plastic internal components, all of which doesn't hold up long term. The engine blocks can't handle the heat and show signs of cracking in places and ask the rubber and plastic parts are being dissolved by the gasoline.

It's a good product, I'll admit. But after 6 years of use they crap out hard. Honda has long term reliability. Most of the time all honda mowers need is the carb cleaned between seasons from gas not drained out.

I've got a Craftsman from 1983 I think with a Briggs in it and I've literally never done any maintenance to the thing. It still runs and doesn't choke under load. I recently got a newer mower because everything else mechanical on the old one had crapped out, but not the engine. Gonna use it for a go-kart or something.

Nice

>REAL PEOPLE
They're not wrong on that though.

And that's fine. I'm not saying every product they make will die. Just that I see more broken Briggs than honda, and they each have a couple common reasons to come in. You also pointed out that it's an older model. Old Briggs was goat. They've gotten lazy though. Newer models, 10 years old and newer are the ones I'm seeing internal parts just chowdered right to hell from gas and heat melting the components. Paper gaskets/seals, rubber hoses and plastic internals are all Briggs likes to use now.

My 90s masport is indestructible. It's seems to me that older briggs motors are fucking awesome, the new ones not so much. Honda is nice, but maybe only for dirt bikes and generators. I'm not spending Honda money on a lawn mower,

Buy a husqvarna mower with a Honda engine. Hell buy any non Honda brand mower with a Honda engine. Much cheaper and still all 12hp and 190cc that you'd get from Hondas mower.

>It's seems to me that older briggs motors are fucking awesome
They are. You know how many of those old 2.5/3/3.5 horsers from the 60's and 70's are still happily mowing away?

Kohler's another brand who used to make great small engines, and are now shit.

Kyle off of boosted boys has had a 600 horse power civic hatch for 3 years and has never had an issue. He dyno'd it a few days ago, makes 710 horses and does 10 second quarter miles.

>General Motors
>Only makes car motors
>Makes fun of a company for making motors for general things

just charge it.