Who else drives without insurance because their insurance company sent them a card that says they're covered til x date?

Who else drives without insurance because their insurance company sent them a card that says they're covered til x date?

Been pulled over twice by the sherrif and they always say I'm good to go. Just a warning "this time". Lol. County cops are so much chiller than city cock blowers.

Funny how CA cops don't even check the actual policy if you give them that card. I even gave them an expired card once and they didn't notice. Funny as fuck.

Lol Cali fags.

In my state, the cop takes your DL and insurance card to go back to his vehicle to call it in for verification. Use of false insurance card is a crime and not a civil penalty like a speeding ticket. So it will create a criminal record for you in my state.

State?

it's a crime in every state but in California they don't care because they are used to pulling over illegal beanera who don't even have insurance

Fuck yeah they are city cops are fucking cock munchers looking to rank up so on the prowel for the petty bullshit

So that you can rear end that brand new Porshe, which will be written off, causing you to be in debt for the rest of your life?

This.
The thing about Cali is that there are WAAAAY to many people driving like jackass's for the cops to handle. I can't blame them for being dicks, everybody's job gets stressful but giving $300-$500 tickets for an illegal turn or speeding is some straight up BS.

Not if I get away

>call it in for verification
this. Texas here.

Ok so I live in CA and my bank buys CPI if I don't have insurance at a rate of 300 + interest per 6 months. I don't have to pay that up front they just tack it on to the end of my loan. My car payment is 300 a month so to me, 300 for collateral is cheap.

With the collateral covered all I need is liability which I can get for about 90 a month. So 540 + 300 every 6 months is 840 or 1680 a year. I think that's a good deal because I just paid 1400 for full coverage for the last 6 months.

Am I missing anything here or is this a good deal?

140 a month for full coverage is mint in California considering I've been in 2 accidents (I've been in more than that but those are the only ones that got reported. I was only at fault for one. The rest were unreported because I just got the other drivers to pay me a couple hundred each time. Quite profitable doing your own car work) had a 90+mph speeding ticket and I'm only 22.

Opinions?

>illegal beanera who don't even have insurance
They are the plague. They always hit and run since they have no insurance.

Can confirm. So many uninsured hispanics on the road that it's become a priority of law enforcement.

Driving in Texas without insurance is 2nd in stupidity only to driving while drunk.

What part of Texas? Houston here, I use false insurance in front of cops and judges and they've never called it out.

I guess you're one lucky SOB? First time offense is ~1k down the drain, and it gets worse and worse after that.

I grew up in Sugarland, and distinctly remember hearing all this from police officers at a few different times.

Don't know what to tell you. Git gud? You just scan the original insurance and edit the appropriate bits so it constantly looks up to date. Only the DMV knows the difference.

>I use false insurance in front of cops and judges and they've never called it out.
Then you are either incredibly lucky or law enforcement where you are is choosing not to even attempt enforcing the law upon you because you are a gainfully employed taxpayer that they want to leave alone.

But over here, so many people just casually lie to police officers that roughly five years ago, the city and police had to come to terms with law enforcement problems. So they decided to stop ignoring certain laws such as "furnishing false information to a police officer", "fraud", or "forgery".

As a result, the number of fake tabs, driving without a license, and fake insurance went down. The fake tabs now causes the car to go to impound and two charges of fraud and document forging are given on top of the driving without current car license registration. Driving without a license used to have people saying "Oh I left the license at home" in response to the question about please show your CURRENT driver license. When they lie about the license, they get a charge of furnishing false information to an officer on top of the no DL. That is a criminal charge and all car incidents with a criminal charge typically cause the car to be towed to impound. As for the fake insurance papers, well, driving without proof of insurance (even if you do have insurance) is $480. Forging fake insurance papers is a crime. Presenting the fake papers to the officer is both fraud and furnishing false info to the officer. In such a case, the car is also towed to impound.

Really, people WILL cheat, lie, steal, and forge if the penalty is tiny. I'm glad they do bother to check. What the police really need is computerized cameras that automatically scan the plate of each car on the road and then check the database to see if the main driver for that car has current active auto insurance. If not, time to pull it over to check who is in the car. Automation would help a lot.

Why don't we make presenting the officer with a blowjob along with your DL, Reg, and insurance mandatory too.

> What the police really need is computerized cameras that automatically scan the plate of each car on the road and then check the database to see if the main driver for that car has current active auto insurance. If not, time to pull it over to check who is in the car. Automation would help a lot.

That literally already exists. They popped my mom for $250 that way when she forgot to renew her driver's license on time. She had to call me to drive her home and of course the cop was hidden just down the street hoping he could get her a second time if she drove herself.

If an illegal totals your porsche, he doesn't need insurance. You can't sue, can't seize assets, he gets away with it.

And you can't sue his legal relatives that are giving him a place to stay either.

>If an illegal totals your porsche
There's also no penalty for people hiding the illegals. That's a big source of the problem right there. The government needs to enforce laws that punish aiding and abetting fugitives instead of constantly kowtowing to those who say fighting crime is racist.

>be American
>people can drive without insurance for years because there's no correspondence at all between DMVs and insurance companies
>can't even sue uninsured persons who cause damages to you because usually they're dirt poor anyway
>still defend this joke of a regulatory state and even brag about driving uninsured yourself

>be German
>DMV obliged to send information about your registration to your insurance company according to the proof of insurance
>once you cancel your insurance the insurance company is obliged to send information about your cancellation to the DMV
>if you don't turn in your plates within four weeks they will be added to police searchlists and the police will seek you out at home to take them from you
>no problems with uninsured drivers ever

Jerseyfag. Can confirm they do the same here

You live in the worst state.

I know i do. I'm leaving next year and I'm not looking back

>no problems with uninsured drivers ever
The problem in the USA is the anti-discrimination laws. When my city tried to automate scanning for cars driving with expired tabs, the black lives matter activists said it was racist. So even though it would be legal to scan, the mayor and city council wanted to be re-elected, so they didn't allow automated scanning of expired licenses.

that sounds pretty horrible and dystopian regardless of whether it keeps the kangs down

Good on you.
>preventing the city from making a profit on the backs of citizens
>a bad thing

We don't even have automated scanning in Germany because it would be a privacy/freedom of movement infringement.

>worrying about a small fine rather than a $40,000 repair bill if you hit a high end insured car

And yet you cucks ban dashcams.

Me because i have the right to travel

>Who else drives without insurance
Sovereign citizens?

>What the police really need is computerized cameras that automatically scan the plate of each car on the road and then check the database to see if the main driver for that car has current active auto insurance. If not, time to pull it over to check who is in the car. Automation would help a lot.

Yeah let's throw breathalyzers and finger print scanners in every car too
Paid for with taxes of course

It would be paid for by the car buyer and not taxpayers.

ANPR (automatic numberplate recognition) cameras are already pretty common in the UK, both static and mounted in police cars.

Even if you get pulled over by a police car without an ANPR camera, they radio the control room and check if that car is uninsured/failed MOT/stolen etc.

>tl;dr Driving without insurance in the UK is reserved for pikeys, immigrants and banned drivers

>ANPR (automatic numberplate recognition) cameras are already pretty common in the UK
My usa city was going to put some static license plate scanners in at major intersections but stopped due to racism complaints. The two main minorities (blacks and mexicans) were very angry and threatened to file lawsuits as well as hype up negative talk about any council members that supported scanners.

The big joke around here is that it is racist to fight crime. It's racist to increase penalties for mugging such as having mandatory jail time. There's always arguments about how repeat offenders should not go to jail but get more probations, free education, a living wage stipend while they go to school, and free vocational training in hopes they change for the better. They really demand too much. That didn't make it to the county budget of course. But it shows how ridiculous their demands are. Basically it is like rewarding criminals with free college education, free housing, free board while they go, and free money to buy incidental misc things. Ridiculous demands that make taxpayers give away even more money.

Is that supposed to be the guy from the video of the trumpet player mixed with Bladerunner?

>Driving without insurance in the UK is reserved for pikeys, immigrants and banned drivers
not reserved to the UK. it's sort of the same in the USA but all the minorities cry racism all the time if it gets enforced on them

England

YES