My jetta is getting BTFU by how often I take it off road...

my jetta is getting BTFU by how often I take it off road. It is developing some very serious front end issues from blasting down logging roads and creek beds. I would like to stick with a car or wagon, I don't really want a truck. Are there any cheap options for off road cars? perhaps with AWD

Stop abusing it and you won't have this problem retard

nothing you can buy is going to be ok with being driven hard off road for very long. even specialized off road rigs often need alignments and struts replaced among other things.

just drive slower when you're off road and most cars will hold up

that said, sounds like an old outback or forrester would be the answer to your question

>an old outback or forrester would be the answer to your question

that's what I was thinking but don't know how cheap they are to run

>blasting down logging roads and creek beds
You're supposed to slow down when you're going off roading, you mindless redneck.

>California plate
>redneck

scoobyru would do you well but it will fuck itself after a while so get a shit one

>vehicle designed for nice pavement gets fucked up off road
Slow down or buy a truck, subarus wouldn't be much if at all better than your jetta. Also, what do you mean by serious front end issues?

Quattro.
/Discussion.

Rebuild the front end and continue using it, nothing you buy will hold up to the driving you're doing, you'll have to replace ball joints and bushings and such constantly if you drive like that, it's not a matter of brand or anything.

Old Subarus work fine for this.
I still haven't managed you break mine.
I don't know how they compare to vw and I don't know how you are driving though.
If you are driving legitimately fast on rough terrain you will break any car your drive. Just drive a bit slower

I lived in Cali for a year. There's plenty of rednecks outside of the major cities.

I like camping and don't really like the offerings for trucks here. I wish all the old toyota and mazda pickups hadn't rusted to shit

>You're supposed to slow down when you're going off roading
but you glide over the bumps instead of rattling your insides when you hit em at speed

>Also, what do you mean by serious front end issues?
just replaced an axle
ball joints, inner /outer tie rods, and an upper strut mount are all fucked, my rack is also leaking pretty seriously. I haven't fucked my oil pan yet but my buddy has gone through 3

but it will be the same VAG parts that are currently letting me down

thanks

Get a Forester and give it a lift. Or if you want to keep the Jetta take the body and put it on an old 4runner/pathfinder frame.

Install a skid plate.
Install new front struts.
Install stiffer springs that keep the stock ride height so it doesn't bottom out as much.
Weld reinforcements into the suspension and front subframe.

Rally and rallycross cars all share the same fate. Continual improvement and reinforcement is the only way to make a car survive.

you need to go back

you may glide over bumps but your shit takes a beating every time that happens. you may feel the bumps more if you're slower but that's because your whole vehicle is compensating for the terrain fluctuations. if you're going full speed, only a certain part of your vehicle is compensating for the patch differences.

sedans, and yes, even foresters are not built for offroad handling nor are they built for lifted/ modified drive trains. they have lower tow capacities because of the suspension and general drivetrain wear and thus cannot hold up to weird angles of aftermarket modifications

This will only do so much. you will need to get a dedicated offroader if you're going to continue this and not fuck your shit up.

>you need to go back

are you kidding? they don't want OP in there. if OP took a non truck in there they would never stop bitching. The salt levels would put the dead sea to shame

Little did they know, their precious XJs are unibody.

Honestly, I never minded the "battle wagon" poster from /k/ and other subaru posters. Not everyone needs large vehicles for their one time offroading excursions every few months and it's nice to be able to get good highway gas mileage / comfort AND do some softroading.

But such is the perils of an "offroading" general.

Who said anything about large vehicles?

Honestly if I had the time and expertise I'd lift my Subaru and put fuck off tires on it for off-roading. It'd be hilarious to go off-roading in a lifted sedan. It's a $500 car anyway might as well have some fun. But tell that to /org/. Off-roading is serious business and only the finest Chevy suburbans can do it

>suzuki jimny
>comfortable
well otay there are some notable exceptions
especially short wheelbase rock crawlers / mudders like yours pictured

There WAS a subaru forester poster from /k/ who was legitimately looking into advice on how to not fuck up his vehicles on the trail and had a small lift with dedicated tyres to match. But people kept getting upset at him going innawoods for some raisin and pretty much scared him off ):

I'm not even sure what happened to that place and why suburbans started getting shilled left right and centre there. But it was supposed to be just an off-road general for anything you would want off the road. It's Veeky Forums, not a model specific forum.

I'd welcome a fucking Audi TT that tried its hand offroad because of muh AWD. In fact, I'd encourage it.

That's what I figured. I thought it was about the actual act of going off of the road. But as it turns out you can go offroad all u want but if it's not in a suburban, bro truck or an ancient land cruiser it's not actual off road

>otay
fuck off tay. go back to /ORG/

That spawned a pretty good, dismissive meme a while back which I liked.
>it's not offroading unless x
>it's not offroading unless you're climbing 6 ft boulders in your chevy suburban on 52 inch tyres and having three dogs sleeping under your roof top A/C'd tent

Also, 3 threads of Land Cruiser vs. Suburban fighting was really obnoxious and scared away one-time posters looking for actual information.

I guess that's the perils of of an off roading "general". Too general. All I want are memes and people to off road with who aren't 38 years or older

b nice

if you cant afford fuel for a 4cyl you shouldn't be driving

I include maintenance is the running cost of a vehicle, i mean a ford shouldn't cost as much to run as a mercedes

fuel grade is also a consideration, you have more luck convincing a priest that little boys arn't attractive than finding Premium in some remote BC towns