mwomercs.com/civil-war

Rough Ride your new forklift here:
mwomercs.com/roughneck

Stab your spear you filthy tribal:
mwomercs.com/javelin

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

mwomercs.com/tournaments
mwomercs.com/news/2017/04/1789-news-regarding-latest-wave-clan-hero-mechs#exe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Guys Lao Hu when?

Shout out to my main man Whispers

We go way back

Quad mechs when? I need my horsies to ride into combat inside of. Plus it would be great if I can have a sword to hit enemy mechs with. Not my mech, me, the pilot.

xth for Greg cucking Haruko with an old soul sucking lady.

>tfw not intelligent enough to pilot an awesome let alone an ice ferret

sucks to be you fatts

I always disliked dudebot

But son you are dudebot

>every post so far is some meme shitpost

say no more let me take care of climbing the hill on crimson and fail

Including this one.
General Tso Wen?

>mwomercs.com/tournaments
what a shit event s.m.h.

Soooo, SUDDLENY, the pig is releasing a shittong of mechs in summer. Guess i'm gonna need my mechbays.

In general i'd like to know what is Easter surprize. And c-bills are okayish prize.

If I haven't upgraded my Awesome to use Artemis yet, maybe its a good idea to try a Std.Eng. NARC build for shits and giggles just because I can? Then it can go back into the closet until LRMs are buffed.

>LRMs
>buffed
lmao

Artemis is only good with SRMS.
It needs a line of sight - something nobody should have while using LRMs - the only indirect weapon in MWO.

>nobody should ever have LoS while using LRMs

Massive shitter detected

Artemis is good for LRMs IF and only IF you plan on using your own TAG to get lock ons because the bonuses stack.

If you have no TAG, don't bring Artemis.

BAKA

Kind of hoping it's a polka dot camo for all of my mechs, pretty much like the Urbie in the pic.

Did they really have to list every single mech that has jump jets?

There are people out there who...yeah, they need to list it.

Plus it looks like it was reworked from the original. At first you had to be in a JJ equipped mech, now it looks like it just has to be jump capable but doesn't need them equipped.

>Achieve 10 Kill or Kill Most Damage Dealt using a 'Mech with Jump Jets equipped
Are you sure about that user.

mwomercs.com/news/2017/04/1789-news-regarding-latest-wave-clan-hero-mechs#exe

So looks like piggy ruined the Exe hero.

Before it could put on 6x Streak 6's and less ammo than the Mad Dog.

Now it's distinctly worse.

GG piggy, good job listening to nigger subhumans who will ruin your game just to pad their tiny dicks.

Are you actually this stupid or just incapable of reading?

Exe hero lost 1x missile per side torso compared to the original loadout when this pack was announced.

Now at best it runs a worse build than a shadowcat or a stormcrow.

So you are just that stupid.

>you can't mix weapons or else its bad!

And you're a nigger.

Can you aussie niggers go suck off those mozlems you love so much and leave the thread?

BAKA

uh, no, IS srm4's don't need artemis. srm6's only need it

>Mixing weapon systems
>On the executioner

Good luck running 4x streak 6's and 6x ERSLs or 4x SRM6+A and 6x c-SPLs.

It'll be ALMOST as good as a stormcrow.

also, what
said

you fuckwit, lrms are a 300m - 700m weapon to use in addtion to other weapons you use at those ranges.

only a fucking retard thinks they're supposed to be used out of LOS shooting at other peoples target

>only a fucking retard thinks they're supposed to be used out of LOS shooting at other peoples target
That's their best use. Why even equip them if you're just going to use them as direct fire when instead you could upgrade to better direct fire weapons.

because srm's are only good if you can boat them if you're limited on slots you can fill it with a lrm that'll add splat at range instead of knife fight distance if you're using them as an artillery piece you need to kys and gtfo

Their effectiveness is at their maximum when close, with LoS, with tag, and with Artemis. You should be striving to safely do that as much as possible to put out as accurate of fire with as short a flight time as possible to capitalize on their surprisingly decent DPS.

That they can fire indirectly is a bonus.

>wow being not targeted by enemy team is bad
Come on.

Any decent player will move up close if you fire lrms directly at him. And then you're fucked. Tell me again why is it okay to be a shitter?

Or you know just make build that isn't a mixed pile of shit.

The fact that they can fire indirectly IS their main benefit. Trading with LRMs is the stupidest thing you can possibly do because there is no way you'll come out ahead.

you really are a fucking shitter.

if you're not sharing armour with your team you're actively helping the enemy team. being a faggot shitter to fuckall damage away from the enemy makes you a deadweight

>so bad he doesn't know how to use LRMs
christ almighty

>making a build that is all going to hit at the same range is bad

sure thing, keep telling yourself 100% lurmsault last man standing having dealt 200 dmg.

Please stop posting.

>using lurms the complete opposite to how you're supposed to is actually the correct way!!!

You should be positioning yourself with teammates between you and the target and be moving with the rest of your team, kiting along the outside of the battle, or using cover. Things don't exist in a vacuum and your team should be covering you just as you are covering them. If you're firing from longer away and are separated from your team you have the exact same possibility of a light coming up and blowing your defenseless little ass out.

Any decent player will also just shoot you and go behind cover again, which is why LRMs are dogshit and not used competitively. But if you want to maximize their accurate damage output on a target, you get closer and use the extra systems. There exists all of one map in the game you can make use of narc on to try and do maximum missile cheese, but narc has its own problems and counters.

You don't want to trade in open ground with an Awesome 8R, it will pump out more damage than almost anything it is "trading" with. Being 1000m away or 300m away, you aren't trying to trade with LRMs. They are straight DPS weapons like UACs and require sustained fire to do shit.

you've been told multiple times how much of a fuckwit you are for believing you're supposed to be a useless faggot with lrms by multiple people, and your entire response has been

>NUH UH! U A BAD!

>someone narcs an enemy assault or pops a UAV above the enemy team
>fire LRMs indirectly at him killing him with no chance of retaliation
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THATS NOT HOW YOU USE LRMS REEEEEEEEE
go away already please holy shit

>UAV gets shot down in 5 seconds
>ECM cancels out the NARC or the mech stands behind a rock
>one LRM out of your 80LRM salvos hits him each time so you keep thinking you're doing damage but because you're 1000m away you have no idea you're wasting ammo and heat to do a pathetic amount of damage each time

except that literally never fucking happens.

even in steering wheel underhive potato matches the players are gonna kill the uac. and no fucking one uses narcs except a premade that will win because they're cooperating, not because of lrms you useless fuck

you kill enemy mechs by face fucking them from 300m - 700 m away with erlls too etc.

you will only ever steal kills someone else was already going to get anyway using lrms the way you retardedly think they should be used.

you are doing the OPPOSITE of helping.

plus you're fucking shooting at something 1000m away like the reatard you are which means your lurms are going to shortfall by 200m + because you're a fucking moron who still fails to understand after it's been explained to you MULTIPLE times that lrms are 100m MAX distance, which INCLUDES the vertical arc, you fucking retard. so that target 100m away is gonna be 200-300m too far away shitbird.

>nuh uh
In every single game I see UAVs floating around and nobody shooting them down because the majority of solo queue is that stupid. ECM outside of sneaky lights is very rare because there is only one notable chassis in the game that carries it and even then it has been nerfed to the ground. NARC has seen an increase in popularity for some reason recently, it's almost like every game has a NARC Raven around. Maybe people have caught up to how much money you make with NARC assist or something.

Yeah, of course against competent players LRMs aren't going to work because they're garbage. That's why competent players don't run LRMs against other competent players. But the majority of solo queue is far from competent, and that's why LRMs work in solo queue in the way that I explained.

To me it doesn't even sound like you play the game at all because if you did you would know how common this is.

Calm down there sperglord. By the way LRMs reach out to exactly 1000m. No idea how or where you've gotten the idea that they don't.

I only play the game in group queue. Solo queue does nothing but teach bad habits and is full of retards, who cares about it?

you are discribing low tier matches

Because it's the only environment where LRMs work, that's why it's relevant to this discussion.

You do know the tiers do literally nothing and there hasn't been a matchmaking system in place for a very long time? The bottom end tier 5s get matched up with top tier 1s.

i am talking about personal skill level of the people who are participating

Stop using LRMs. They won't help you.

That's every game in solo queue buddy.

>ACH-E
>6 heavy mega guns

You can make LRMs work in group queue though. I and many others have using exactly as I described, and I've also worked them that same way in solo queue back when I actually played it.

okay buddy
nobody cares about solo q

8 if you want, and 2E.

Then you are still playing against retards who go out into the open and get rained on. Anyone competent is going to stay near cover and not because of LRMs but because of all the goose and pepsi flying their way.

Why don't more LRM boats carry Narc?

Shits retarded on stuff like polar since you can punish anyone who peaks with a death sentence of lurms.

Plus if a pesky light is harrassing you a single narc summons a barrage of missiles to ward away the would-be bandit.

1. Single narc beacon gets owned by single AMS.
2. It has extremely low range and speed, you must put your face on th firing line to get someone spotted.

they FLY 1000m. which means of you shoot at something 1000m away you WILL ALWAYS MISS because their ARC adds vertical distance.

christ, i know you're a fucking retard, but can you at least stop pretending as if your HURPDURP counts as having a fucking brain.

whereupon the pesky light will butt hug one of your teams mechs and the retarded lurm faggots will KILL their own team FOR the light

exactly
no, how you describe them doesn't even work against retards, surrounded by retards.

how the other guys' telling you to use them is the ONLY way to make them useful.

No?

1000m launches will still provide hitmarkers. Why not try it for yourself sometime?

Please kill yourself already.

Honestly this general just isn't worth browsing anymore. Half of it is shitposting, a third of it is Kakos bumping it from page 11 and the rest is the same stupid retarded shit you can read on the forums.

Bye.

ree i was wrong therefore hers a mockup to show you are not correct!

how about you in fact go kill your dumbself.

when missiles set themselves into arc mode to fire indirectly you lose max range due to the rise and fall of the missiles. so posting a shot where the missiles traveled flat to the target in the open with 0 arc does not mean 'hurr durr they hit 1000m away'

they will never work reliably like that, you are a fucking idiot and need to stop telling people to use lrms in a manner that will jsut make them a shitter like you

> i hit with exactly ONE of my missiles! that means you are SUPPOSED to use lrms at max range depite it being retarded and pointless!

BAKA

That build is going to be so much better with heavy medium lasers.

Those missiles are arcing you dumbass, he's completely right.

So i got my MAD IIC D, with ECM-GOOSE-CERLL setup and dropped in CW. Seems like nobody cares for ECM-GOOSE, i got over 2k damage while we lost the battle.

Guys Lao Hu when?

Why are there so many marauder iic ingame?

but with clrms, you'll know just how many are hitting based on how long the hit detector stays up

Released for c-bills just.

CLAMS OP, even more, c-lrms are must more disturbing, shaking the screen while hitting target instead of IS-oneslap-shit-lurms.

And that's all the clan LRMs do.

Shake your screen.

Meanwhile the IS oneslap lrms actually do damage since they're clustered together. They're like lock-on discount LBX's.

clrms have way better guidance, unlike is lrms, you can fire your missles THEN lock a target and your clrms track that target. if you do this right you can hit people behind 90 degree cover

>you can fire your missles THEN lock a target and your clrms track that target. if you do this right you can hit people behind 90 degree cover

They won't actually do that.

If you fire at an unlocked target, they will not suddenly lock on mid-flight. The missiles you fired without a lock will remain without a lock.

If you fire missiles at a targets whose lock gets interrupted, then re-lock, those missiles will shift their trajectory to track the same target just like IS lrms will.

ok you're right, you can't dumbfire then lock. i could have sworn you could do that. im still pretty sure IS lrms don't re-lock, or at least not as precisely as clrms.

either way i prefer the way clrms fire, it gives you a better idea of how much damage you're doing to out-of-sight targets.

You just like the view when C-LRMS are changing trajectory, dont you?

All missiles should fire in a streak like Clan LRMs to be honest.

What is it, a MW:LL syndrome or what?

No, it's just more cool.

pretty much. though you can put a little english on them to get a sharper downward angle or to curve them around corners

>Battlemechs still cant remove lower arm actuators
REEE

both ways have their benefits, is lrms are better for unstable locks sce all your damage is in one ball. clrms you gotta make sure your gonna keep that lock or else most of your shot goes into the dirt. also the clrm trail is just one big arrow pointing towards the shooter

IS LRMs are also better against AMS due to all of the missiles reaching their target at the same time.

A clan LRM package will lose 1-3 more missiles than the equivalent IS version due to the stream nature of the clan LRMs.

yeah that too. im really not excited for laser ams.

>he doesn't play at 60 fov

It'll be a decent heat-generator i guess.

>60 fov
Now that's a tier VII-level humour here.