What's the best new daily driver I can get for $20k and below?

What's the best new daily driver I can get for $20k and below?

I don't care what it looks like or what stigma is attached to owning it. As long as it gets good mileage and is reliable I will drive it.

I was leaning towards a Nissan Sentra because I have an older one as my beater and the thing is a tank

A motorcycle.

mazda3

I'll look into it.
I'm just looking for a car but one day I'll probably own a bike

this

A fucking 2012 Corolla.

>new

Just get a civic for 3k. buying new is a waste of money.

Elantra Sport.

200 break horsies with 6 speed Emmanuelle transvestite with an IRS for $15k out the door. Has gotten tons of positive reviews as fun to drive, and has lotsa standard features.

Maybe if you're poor?

>This. Don't buy a fucking Sentra OP, Nissan has gone to shit in the past decade. The Elantra is a very good car.

toyota avalon, that 3.5

Avoid the sentra, get a cruze hatch or a mazda 3 hatch

2017 Nissan Sentra S manual. Checked one last week and it was pretty good, but I would never buy a new car. Just surprised that you can still get a cheap manual car without any touchscreens.

Forgot the picture.

I've borrowed a friend's Sentra one time, it was okay but the Mazda3 is definitely better.

i have a 15 itouring mazda 3 hatch. it is a great daily/commute car that gets good fuel economy. dont get a nissan for the love of god, literally only spics around my neighborhood drive nissans.

Spickymcgee here, can comfirm. Most of drive sentras.

The Hyundai Sonata is a pretty nice car in my opinion. Used to drive one for my grandparents' company.

>buy 20k sentra
>worth 5k in 5 years
>spent 15k plus higher property tax and insurance and interest if financing
or
>buy civic for 3k
>spend 3k on maintenance over 5 years worst case scenario plus minimal insurance and tax

the choice should be obvious. you can get a much better used car for your 20k.

Not everybody wants to drive an old Civic, you meme-spouting autist.

This. Buying a new econobox when capable used ones under 5k exist is the biggest mistake you will make until you fall for the college-meme

This. Depreciation is a bitch.
I'm waiting for the Miata RF to drop to around 15k before I pick one up despite the fact that I could afford 3 of them new right now.
Not everyone wants to spend 15k on a car worth 5k just because it's new.

Get back to work, New Car salescuck

>spent 15k plus higher property tax and insurance and interest if financing
bravo. I've been here for years and I thought I was the one who knew this as it pretty much never gets posted.

people usually just sperg about warranties and poorfags.

>implying I would ever sell the car and not just drive it into the ground like I'm doing with my current car
Look I know half the people on this board are probably still in college or making 35k a year but that doesn't mean everyone on the planet wants to drive a $3000 shitbox.

Why wear new, fashionable clothing when you can wear salvation army t shirts?
Why go out to eat when you can just meal prep and eat leftovers 5 nights a week?

You don't need to be frugal in every aspect of life, especially if you can afford not to be.

What your saying though is you want to pay 20k for the equivalent of Ross or TJ MAXX clothes. If your buying an econobox, you are impressing NOBODY, in fact, the smarter ones will know you are a complete idiot.

The people above are warning you and telling you that by banking that same cash and saving it while driving something used and just as reliable, you can save that cash and actually buy something in the future that is impressive when you have the funds.

But whatever you choose, fuck you.

then spend your 20k on a nicer used car faggot.

>you can save that cash and actually buy something in the future that is impressive when you have the funds
Why is everyone on this board under the impression that everyone is poor?

If you have so much money then you can afford to buy a nice used car and fix it when necessary.

Most reliable DD w/some sportiness would be a 2017 Toyocunt Camry SE.

Going for 16.xk before tax/tags. Ignore the MSRP, they are selling like shit and the new one is around the corner so dealers are DESPERATE to get rid of them.