New Polo and faggots instantly jumped on it calling it boring

One of the rare cars in that compact class that doesn't have embarrassing factory ricing and idiotic lines+curves all over the place and they're ripping it apart for that.
Fuck this gay earth

saw several comments on youtube where they call it "too german looking - again"

it looks great. i fucking hate most modern vehicles. leave the futuristic fighter jet shit for the exotics where you can actually afford to do it right... what would ppl rather have? the new civic type r or this normal but good looking car?

a design like this will still look good in 5,10,15 years if the vehicle is maintained properly. compare that to everything else on the fucking road these days.

looks great

Which ones?

Any car is more exciting than a Polo/Golf tho

>those tongue in cheek design lines on the side
Lol

I'm glad it turned out this way and not how all those car newspapers imagined it with their CG.
I like it more than the Golf actually

Can't fucking germans be creative and think outside the box just for fucking once?

I mean, It just amazes me how they have been stuck in 1994 and how europoors are so cucked to believe German plywood cars like this are the best options they have.
Go search online for a used vag shitbox from the 90s and put it a set of ridiculously enormous tires and some aftermarket LED cables and you now have a latest 2018 year model volkswagen.

Those reviewers aren't the normal people. They are the same people who think that every one should drive a nice looking race car. Their audience is mostly car enthousiast who like exotic appearances. Volkswagen is meant for the people, the normal folk, and these reviewers are not the audience they are targetting.

When people buy a Volkswagen they don't buy it for the ricer looks. They buy it for the low key appearance. When a Golf GTI or R passes by, most people think that it's just another hatchback. They don't see think, wow that thing goes from 0-60 in less than 6 seconds. It's a nice and comfy sleeper with lots of practical use.

For a modern design it looks good,
i will say i dislike it because its modern.

That's a really good looking car 2bh

I usually hate European garbage but this looks okay, doubt it performs okay though

>I mean, It just amazes me how they have been stuck in 1994 and how europoors are so cucked to believe German plywood cars like this are the best options they have.
>Go search online for a used vag shitbox from the 90s and put it a set of ridiculously enormous tires and some aftermarket LED cables and you now have a latest 2018 year model volkswagen.

timeless design language

Dont worry, the US is (slowly) picking up on that. US car brands getting Europeanized in design.

First the vans now the cars.

america is "slowly picking up" on non-american design language because small-souled bugmen want everything to appeal to their global capitalist tastes

Looks fine

still wouldn't drop 13k € on a new one though

this is a car designed to be boring like skodas or passat

It's called evolution, you dipshit. The unsuccessful garbage dies out.

That's a good thing unless you actually enjoy ANGRY and CONSTIPATED cars full of wrinkles.

It's called Soylent, you dipshit. The inefficient traditional food dies out.

>doubt it performs okay though

depending on what you think is fast.

specs for the GTI are:

>2.0l TSI inline 4
>200hp
>0-60 in 6.9s
>22k euros

predecessor was a 1.8 so it's interesting that they actually went UP with the displacement on this one. I wonder why.

>like 25k ameridollars
>200hp, just cracks 7 seconds 0-60
No wonder they don't sell these in the US, an EcoBoost Mustang costs the same and is way faster, not to mention more practical and not wrong wheel drive.

if it was produced in burgerland it would probably be cheaper.

you forget that prices are completely different here. the 2.3 ecoboost starts at 40k euros around here.