Do you guys mind being under the influence while driving/riding?

do you guys mind being under the influence while driving/riding?
how do different drugs affect your driving?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8mKIuZ4tIzk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>DUI
>EVER

Neck yourself cunt, it's not big or clever you just look like a fucking man child getting behind the wheel while under the influence of anything.

save the planet
kill yourself

I asked a question, nigger.
I never thought it was clever, it just happened to me because of necessity (I had to take a nearly passed out minor to his parents or he would have frozen to death in the street) when I was drunk and I realized alcohol fucks driving up very badly.
Another time I went to the lake with friends and we smoked and I thought it would brush off before getting back at the wheel without too many worries because there currently are no official methods to measure it on the road and I can handle the high pretty well. I indeed drove worse than usual, but still better than average joe and not nearly as bad as with alcohol, so I guess a moderate amount of weed is fine for my driving.

by this, I in no way support DUI

First time I ever got high off reefer I had to drive home in the rain and almost binned my car in a ditch. Was lucky I didn't hurt myself or total my car. 16 and stupider than fuck.

weed smokers are faggots

stoners should be lynched

>le bait xd

reddit

I never drive under the influence, people always say that they can handle their booze / drug of choice but it's never true, someone that doesn't drink regularly can have their motor functions significantly hampered by just a few beers.

If it's an emergency call an ambulance, don't escalate the problem by getting behind a wheel while stoned or whatever.

stoned was not really a problem desu
the concept behind banning it for everyone is that you can never know who actually is impaired or not
I have seen from experience that yes, it is not ideal for driving and law applies to me anyway, but if I go slow, I drive exactly as if I was not stoned.
That experience with booze was terrible though, I could not think straight for more than a second

this is true
>resident dui suspended licence here.
Man the bus is so great. Love seeing my expensive ass car sitting in my garage for months.
Next time tell the kid to fuck off. trust me.

as I said before, alcohol makes my driving really bad and dangerous, so I will definitely never do it again
the other drug of choice isnt so bad, plus the police have virtually no method to determine I am high (it doesnt really show off)

I always shoot krocodil before I hop on my CBR1000RR

>smoke some weed
>instead of chilling in the dark playing vidya or listening to music people like to drive around being 150% more paranoid looking for cops

Normies are a weird bunch.

I'm always high when driving, because I'm really good at maintaining composure, and staying objective while stoned, but not so good when sober. I've also been pulled over multiple times while under the influence (I had a busted taillight that cops loved to get me for), and never once has a cop attempted to charge me for a DUI.

I once got in a pic related with an idiot drunk friend and he attempted to drift it to the left into a side road in a 90° turn with around 20m in radius at 70kmh
he didnt even brake, he was just coasting, didnt flick the wheel, just turned it and pulled the handbrake hoping for something to happen other than a pathetic attempt at steering
we crashed into the guard rail a few metres after the turn
he was unscathed because I forced him to put on the seatbelt prior to the accident, I broke a rib

"under the influence" of what?

>watching Rush
>see James Hunt smoke a joint
>see him do it right before getting into a Lotus 49

If he can do it in Formula 1 I can do it too.

If I know I'll have to drive under the influence, I'll make sure to restrain myself beforehand. Weed is also easier for me to handle when driving, I just stay to the right and drive slow to compensate for impaired reaction time. Never driven drunk or buzzed, but I know it's much more judgement-impairing than weed, so I just try to avoid driving drunk in general. If I'm already too high/drunk, then I just won't drive.

If you drive under the influence you need to jam a pen in your ear and hit it with a phonebook

>I indeed drove worse than usual,but still better than average joe

Your problem is that you have developed muscle memory based upon driving straight. But then you get high and lose your judgement/reaction times that you think you still have.

The 'average joe' unconsciously knows that he can't drive worth shit and leaves himself some extra room.

I live in a part of Texas where pretty much everyone regardless of skin color is driving stoned/drunk

>Alcohol
Fucks me up in so many ways. I would not drive after 2-3 drinks.
>Cannabis
Zero difference other than I enjoy the drive more.
>Amphetamines (Adderall, Meth, Vyvanse)
They make you much more attentive and alert, but also make you want to drive really fucking fast.
>Opiates
Slows reaction time, makes you more likely not to notice a car/light/sign, may make you fall asleep at any moment, but makes the drive more enjoyable. Risky, but not quite as bad as alcohol (unless you take an OD-worthy dose).
>Dissociative hallucinogens (DXM, ketamine, PCP, Nitrous)
Risky as fuck at low doses where you start losing your ability to connect thoughts and control your body; not even possible at high doses as you enter a "hole" and dissociate from your reality entirely.
>Psychedelic hallucinogens
I don't have nearly enough experience (I dislike them) but I would not recommend driving at any dose which changes your perception.
>Ecstasy (MDMA)
If you didn't know, the MA in MDMA is MethAmphetamine and real ecstasy is just meth with more serotonin activity. I've never taken it but my IRL friends are obsessed with it and I think it probably makes you a better driver like other amphetamines do.
>Benzodiazepines (Xanax, Valium, Ativan, Klonopin)
These make you less attentive and sleepier in a dose-dependant fashion. Many ppl take these every day for anxiety and are fine, but taking them in large doses and/or combiningf with other downers has negative implications for driving.
>Deliriant hallucinogens (Datura, Benadryl, others)
Just say no, even if you aren't driving.
>Z-Drugs / Sleep Aids (Lunesta, Ambien)
These drugs are so fucked up. They make you drive as though you've had 10 shots of whisky within 45 minutes of eating the pill, but they completely change your personality and decision-making so you will inevitably go for a drive if you don't fall asleep.

>he doesn't do LSD and drive around every christmas eve

>First time I ever got high off reefer I had to drive home in the rain and almost binned my car in a ditch.

Despite marijuana being highly available in washington state, the number of reefer DUI arrests doesn't seem to be a lot higher. Just slightly higher despite the prices dropping a lot. The strong 19% THC marijuana from retail stores is $69 per ounce now in Seattle. Just google "seattle weed $69" and it's surprising how many stores sell it at that price. 19% seems strong enough to compete with alcohol to create a DUI problem.

>Driving on LSD

Fucking how? Once I couldn't even figure out how to get a light out of my bag while tripping because the thought loops.

thats exactly what I do because I am high
when youre high youdrive straight, youre just high and you may get caught up in your thoughts so you drive really carefully
you drive "worse" meaning you're slower because you're kinda paranoid but kinda relaxed at the same time

when drunk, it's exactly like you said, you dont even think straight let alone drive straight
you don't consider many things, such as not having the same automatic movements or losing focus every 5 seconds and you just go as fast as you feel like going and thats criminal

you just take a hit, don't get all puddled
driving is very location and task oriented,
so loops AKA peaks and valleys are pretty manageable
just program rich neighborhoods into your gps
they always have best lights
having a co-pilot/navigator helps a lot
also at that time everyone else is stopping and looking at xmas lights too
so if you pull over and trip at the lights or drive everywhere at 5mph
you're not out of place
just make sure it's not foggy, frying and fog don't mix

>inb4 do this work with shrooms
not at all do not attempt

How about all the ADHD people who use Adderall daily? That's an amphetamine

not even trolling, I wonder about this frequently

better that they drive "sober" or as a total space cadet?
>or not at all

>mfw i know literal retards with licenses
>the scariest one has trouble processing information quickly
>and literally sounds like beaky buzzard
>youtube.com/watch?v=8mKIuZ4tIzk
fuck i wish someone would giver her some adderal

thats like 2 and a half bucks per gram, how the fuck?

>be me, 37 hours no sleep
>staid up the entire time to watch Toyota get BTFO and GM fuck up last lap
>get so mad BOTH manufacturers I was rooting for got BTFO
>take a fat dab after 2 week tolerance break
>notice have work

And these stupid fucks here in California still were driving worse than me on the road and I was noticing it left and right. I can't fucking believe this shit state sometimes.

I drove home high of my mind once. I thought I was driving in a foreign country listening to foreign radio. It took seeing the sign of my hometown to make me realise I was in my country. fuck that shit never doing that again.

MWAAAAHHHAAAAA YES THE FREE MARKET

Not only is Adderall *an* amphetamine, it literally *is* amphetamine. The basic amphetamine molecule has one point of chirality, so there are two isomers (versions) of it. Adderall is just a mix of salts of both isomers. Adderall is basically a less fat-soluble version of meth, and it's a wonderful thing.

>I've taken 60mg already today!

Adderall is a very powerful stimulant, and it makes you a much better driver as long as you don't rage or give in to the constant impulses to drive at top speed. It makes you wide-awake, alert, and more attentive.

The THC content in weed is irrelevant for 2 reasons:
>THC is a *partial* agonist of your brains Cannabinoid 1 (CB1) receptor. This means that once you have ingested a certain amount of THC, your receptors are saturated and you can't get any higher.
>The CBD in cannabis partly cancels out the effects of the THC, so the ratio of THC to CBD is also an important factor.
- Synthetic cannabinoids were so wild because there was no CBD to cancel their effects and most are full agonists so you can actually OD on them.

I bought a full ounce for $60 (plus $5 "tip," because I paid a homeless black dude to go to the trap for me) off the street in 'bama last week. It was brick weed though lol and I'm fine with that.

Ausfag here, cops are now using quick drug testing as well as the breatho tester, supposedly whenever they pull you over.

I've only smoked and driven once, just a short trip to the shops, but its not something I'd do again. If something unexpected happened I wouldn't trust myself to react fast enough.

>driving while high

People who do this need to be smacked.

Then you're a retard
Please smoke some and go for a drive more often

I don't like driving under the influence.
First time I did a weed I wasn't expecting my high to be that long, I needed to get home at a certain time and I was high as fuck. I smoked a little too much and it was hard for me to stand without losing balance and my legs were half numb, so it was hard to drive home. I had to concentrate so hard to drive home and it was not ideal.
Surprisingly, I drove better high than sober, but I'm gonna chalk that up to just a one time thing.

I did it with 4-5 beers under my belt on a different occasion, granted I probably sweated a lot of the alcohol away so I didn't really feel drunk, but I could feel my face getting flushed (Asian) and my body getting warm. Still felt paranoid because my BAC was most likely over the legal limit anyways, and I was underage. It was easy to drive home though because with small amounts of alcohol in my system everything kind of loosens up so I felt less tense when I was driving.

Anyways I try to not drive under the influence b/c bad and illegal, but sometimes gotta do what you gotta do. If you do it with no necessity (ie you can ride the bus from the bar to home, but you chose to drive back and forth) then you're a retard and need to neck yourself.

>tfw driving your truck or rural dirtroads while on acid after a day of riding bikes
max comfy I wish everyone could enjoy the same feel

>thats like 2 and a half bucks per gram, how the fuck?
I'm not lying. The prices are freely published. If you are in the seattle area, pick up that free news tabloid called "The Stranger" available at various places including the KCLS public libraries. You'll see the ads in there. Or google seattle weed $69 to see some results. I'm not kidding. The weed growers have been unable or unwilling to talk to each other to set up an "OPEC style" price-fixing scheme like you get with so many other products. So weed prices keep dropping as the growers keep on trying to hand-select best breeds for cross-breeding.

The weed that is 19% THC and $69 an ounce is a step up from Mexican brick weed. It tastes like shit, smells like shit, and barely gets you high. Almost all outdoor grown. Top shelf buds are 20-25% THC and closer to $10/g.

Concentrates are even more powerful, oil/wax is usually 60-90% THC and anywhere from $30/g to $90/g for that 99.99% THCA shit that legitimately looks like crack. I smoked bud for 2 years before taking a dab and it felt like I was smoking for the first time again, can't imagine what it would be like for a first timer. I could see DUI's happening from concentrates because it puts you in such a zombie-like state, but like user said it hasn't really been happening even with stronger buds easily available.

Another thing to consider that most people don't realize until they shop in one of these places is that almost every company/grower measures THC % differently. Some include THCA into the number, some don't. Some include cannabinoids/CDB and add that to the total, some don't. So a dispensary can have a gram of weed that they advertise as "19% THC total" when it's really 15% THC, 1% THCA, and 2%CBD.

Shit, if you're the only one at risk and you're well aware of it who am I to care?

That sounds kinda fun desu

how can they not include thca?
when weed is "fresh" (not smoked/vaped/cooked) it has very low, almost irrelevant concentration of thc and that "thc%" is actually thca.
when you heat up the weed it converts the thca to psychoactive thc

Daily reminder

Are you joking? Does murica really not have roadside drug tests?

only occasionally in high risk areas

>daily reminder
>doesn't postit daily

/thread

The only time I've gone over 140 mph was on weed, either makes me drive fast or go the speed limit.

I have raced with /ovg/ while high.

I usually just take a huge bong rip while waiting on the grid, but one time we were doing AE86s at Ahvenisto, I had the Eurobeat going and I'd had a couple tabs of acid. Didn't do particularly well because I started coming down before the race ended and I couldn't keep up the aggression without making mistakes, but it made rFactor look and feel amazing. Took them during practice, kicked in about quali time. That stuff does wonders for your concentration when you are already focused.

who here gets sleep deprived, smokes up and/or drinks tons of caffeine for the unceasing thrill of degeneracy
It's the most visceral legal driving experience you can have on public roads
It's just two lane highways and rural roads for the most part here so no big concerns, and the twisty's get i n t e n s e
it's like every turn has to be properly calculated for speed with a fair margin for error or the adrenaline of the unexpected will push your overtired, overworked heart right over the limit.
Once you learn to ride that edge all driving is ez-pz

>If you didn't know, the MA in MDMA is MethAmphetamine and real ecstasy is just meth with more serotonin activity. I've never taken it but my IRL friends are obsessed with it and I think it probably makes you a better driver like other amphetamines do.
subjectively its very different from meth. maybe you hsould try it before talking about how its basically meth. its about the least like meth subjectively of any stim ive tried (well stuff liike 5mapb is less stimmy and even further from meth, but still, super different).

id say it wouldmake you a lot lot lot lot worse at driving than other stimulants. because its trippy as fuck, and the ones that arent serotonin releasers aren't trippy, and its generally harder to drive when shit gets really trippy. maybe higher doses of the mdpv like stims would be worse because you could be basicallypsychotic during it.

for me,

>alcohol
just no
>cannabis
makes me drive slow and paranoid, and my awareness of the surroundings sucks. i never drive on it.
>amphetamines
i agree with you on that one.
>opiates
really fun and doesnt impact it much at low doses, high doses i almost nodded off driving to work once so i only drive on low doses.
>dissos
I can drive fine on lower doses of dissos now but I was addicted for a while. makes me feel like the car is an extension of my body, which is really cool. 3-ho-pce is really great for driving, because the physical impairment is practically null. anything 3meopcp-esque is fine for driving and i can do it on high doses, ket like ones not such a good idea.

for new users i dont recommend whatsoever, only accident ive had was on a decent dose of mxe when i was new - it makes you really unobservant. turned while another car was coming that i didnt notice.

>psys
i havent, friend told me it felt like a spaceship and he drove slow as fuck and it was terrifying.

>benzos
makes me speed more than any othe rdrug. low doses are fun for spirited driving, high doses you get tons of stories of people blacking out and waking up in a crashed car in a ditch

>del/z-drugs
youre spot on there.

oh ya i forgot to mention for opis that its fun when theres no traffic but you would have road rage like you wouldnt imagine. stims also give me roadrage.

i like to smoke a few PCP sherms before i hop on my ducati 1299 superleggera

drive sober you fucking idiot

Weed with high tolerance(still functional after a dab or two): no big deal at all. I drive just as well, if not better, since I'm not speeding or yelling at cunts.
Weed with low/no tolerance/a shitload of weed: wouldn't trust it

Alcohol: no, never. Nothing more than one single beer under 6%ABV and 12 ounces. I like strong beers and large beers, so I have to keep an eye out for each.

If you drink and drive you are absolute irredeemable scum. Period.

Interesting. Every time I've been around people on "molly," "X," or "rolls" they've always seemed very lucid to me. All my friends in college used to do it but I was on SSRIs at the time so I was their "sober" driver (they were somehow unaware of my daily opium poppy pod habit).

I am almost certain they were actually taking mephedrone, which was easy to buy online at the time, but I didn't want to be that guy and say "you should really do some reagent tests, guise..."

>>Deliriant hallucinogens (Datura, Benadryl, others)
>Just say no, even if you aren't driving.
gay, except the don't driving part. definitely don't drive

Thanks I'm high on life

I've driven while high (or at least partly high, never directly after smoking) and I didn't feel too bad. Definitely felt a bit slower and dull as weed does to most people but my reaction times we're still far better then most other peoples and there are basic driving principles you won't forget no matter how fucked up you are.

you shouldn't probably have a bowl then immediately go drive though, that's kinda just asking for trouble wether its backing over your neighbours cat or getting pulled over by some cunt in uniform.

I actually drive more carefully when I'm stoned. It just kinda chills me out unless I smoke waaaayyy too much.

Drugs are for fucking losers

if you drink and drive, youre immature.

if you drive high, youre subhuman.

have some self control

Marijuana.

Dude Im a better driver on addy. I take it prescribed, and if I don't take any I usually won't drive.

don't know about the others but benadryl is actually trash
I'm not one to insult drugs of choice but if that's really some disturbingly dark stuff if you get off on that

>he doesn't like auditory hallucinations