Ten times the preformence car memeboxes like miata or focus rs ever hope to be at the same/lower price

>ten times the preformence car memeboxes like miata or focus rs ever hope to be at the same/lower price
>built by brand with actual racing heritage
How come no one buys them?

rice cars that burn oil

pigfat

so much quality that paint on plastics inside comes out in massive flakes

Yet muscle cars still exist

they're naff

Muscle cars were never light in the first place

Tons of people buy them. At least 5 in the lot of my apartment complex. My dad has one too.

I'd buy one if it had a fucking trunk...

...or got decent mileage.

Thought about buying my dads off him but it's auto and he wants 7-9k =\.

but theyre cheap as hell now so everyone buys them

theyve fallen into that teenage-early 20s ricer bracket

Not really. Actually looking at the numbers, that Focus RS you mentioned? It has a better power to weight ratio than the 370z. Plus it's AWD.

If you special order a 370Z, I suppose you can get the price per Hp down below the RS too - but if you're buying off the lot, they tend to only order loaded Z's and the RS will be competitive in price as well.

>ten times the preformence car memeboxes like miata
yeah
>focus RS
What.... no, the focus RS mops it up

sounds like a pissed off elephant

I used to have one and it was crazy fun, I was just in over my head trying to mod it like I wanted because it was babbys first car. I eventually sold it but it gave me 0 issue and I actually got compliments on it which has not happened with any vehicle since

Dumbest excuse every time it's posted.
>Shitty interior
>Don't take to mode well (stock engine isn't that strong)
>bad image because only faggot teens buy them now

That being said, lots of people buy them. I had one, it was fun. But it was a cheap car. You push anything over 400whp, it get very iffy.

>pigfat
>shit interior
>outdated
>overrated performance
And The only options when buying are either paying more than they're worth to get a clean "adult owned" one or you can buy one that's a little cheaper but still overpriced that has been beat to shit from some dumb fuck

>overpriced
LOL how poor are you? You can get almost every model and trim for under $9k. And the performance was never over rated. No one ever said it was fast. It was a decent performer for the price.

>original MSRP $29k
>13 sec 1/4 mile stock
>handled well
>Limited to 156 mph electronically
Stop talking out of your ass because of your irrational hatred of things you don't own

Ugly as shit

But it isn't the stock suspension is overly soft for a sports car. 3,200lb for a modern car isn't too bad. A Moostang is still 500lbs more.

People did buy them when they were new, but they haven't been updated in a while. Also the Toyobaru is cheaper and is more appealing to the tuning community.

I'd love to see a Nissan 400Z that uses the engine from the Q60, that's would be a nice step up.

Slower than a V6 Mustang.

>It wasn’t posted already
Nissan Scum
>You might be a cool enthusiast but almost all the rest of the owners a total fuckheads

First, the Focus RS mops the floor with this.
Shit, it mops the floor with my old V8.
Second, it's a modern Nissan. That's everything you need to know about it.

It's the replacement to the 240 now that every 240 is a fucking tin can. And it sounds annoying as fuck.

Has the Nissan cancer spread to their engines now? I thought it was mainly the CVTs.

someone redpill me on modern nissans, why are they so bad ?

Same specs as decade old Nissans

vg35s in treefiddyzees burn oil

>VG
Do not insult the VG motor with that shit. 350z is a VQ.

Lel enjoy your wet noodle pigfat 350z for that price you could of had a v6 mustang do u even torks vtac toe-gay burgerking

>can't even handle the fresh

>ten times the preformence car memeboxes like miata or focus rs ever hope to be at the same/lower price
>built by brand with actual racing heritage
How come no one buys them?

This.
And more expensive. Especially the Nismo version which has disappointing performance gains

>Also slower than a V6 Camaro while being 10k more expensive

Nobody should buy a 370z really, the engine sucks as much as the transmission and can't hold enough power to make mods worth it.

I see you, assmad GM fangirl

The 350/370 is a shitstain upon the Z brand. The 240, 280, and both the Z31 and Z32 were great cars. I really hope Nissan pulls their head out of their ass and starts to realize that they have another sports car besides the GTR. The next Z generation should compete with the American muscle/pony cars. Because the base msrp of $29,990 for a 370z is fucking terrible for what you get.

both the 350z and the 370z are much better than the z31 and z32, those were an afterthought since nissan was focusing in the GTR

So many people in my city have these things. All riced to major shit

Honestly one of the worst posts I've ever seen on this board.

OP thinks he's got a point and almost every reply is him getting blown the fuck out...what a dickhead

old as hell, they badly need a full upgrade

They're fat, ugly, and expensive pieces of shit that further ruin the Z car heritage

>>How come no one buys them?
Troll confreemed.

>How come no one buys them
Tons of people buy them. You just don't see many on Veeky Forums because they're not underpowered shitboxes or ancient meme cars that are falling apart.

Unless you're talking about Mustangs in the last few years (Why would you be), that is false

>pigfat
>girly looking
>eating oil worse than some hondas
>horrible interior quality
>shit weight distribution
>unreliable
>wishbones made out of paper
>needs suspension mods or else it understeers if you actually want to go fast
>needs heavy mods to go fast on a track

gee, i wonder why nobody buys them other than asian girls
no seriously, what's up with that? i see girls driving this thing all the time
for a price of 350z you can get a boxter which is way surperior, or just buy a turbo miata which will also be faster this piece of shit, or pay a bit more for e46 M3 which will completly destroy it

I've not seen a single girl in a 350z ever, only 30+ males. That's a weird complaint

>boxter
Undeniably slower at the same price bracket and you know it

yeah, no
you can get boxter s for the same price as 350z in germany

NZFag here. They're actually reasonably rare here, too, for a Japan-only market. I see more Dodge Rams.

Well you sure as fuck can't where I live, not at the same mileage anyway. Based off CL alone

>same price as a miata
stopped reading

aesthetics thing, my generation, mid 80s to mid 90s (stable job with enough disposable income to afford running a quality weekend fun car) grew up with the sleak lines of the 300zx/280z. This blob is so far away from that and has more in common with the Audi TT than its direct predecessors. Infact they would get a TT over this thing.

Timing chain water pump

Horrible in the twisties so your performance point is voided

>3,602 lbs
>makes you deaf inside from no sound insulation

In some cases muscle cars are lighter now than they were 40 years ago.

Drinks oil. Burns cats.

It also ran on premium and got terrible gas mileage while drinking oil.

I put 89 in mine and got 23 mpg on my commute whilst driving like a fucking idiot because it was my first manual dude

People like you are the reason the used market is such a fucking mine field

What, the lower octane? It does absolutely nothing unless you're banging out the gears, the guy before me was using 87 most of the time ffs.

thats a 350 not a 370

v6

read your fucking manual, the car requires premium

It literally does for daily commutes you fucking spastic, you wasted money get over it

wrong

how much did you pay for premium just to drive at the speed limit dude

Because if I want an Audi TT I'll buy an Audi TT and not chinese knockoff

That isn't even what premium means you fuckwit. You put 100 octane in a car designed for 85 and nothing happens. You put 85 in a car designed for 100 and it explodes. Learn what compression ratios are.

Dont you know how fucking fuel works? i dont care that you never get your car above 3k RPM on daily drives, if you use lower quality fuel you are reducing the lifespan of the engine.

>nissan owner proves himself to be 100% retarded episode
I am tired of these god damn reruns

>discussing a car you've never owned
or
>wasting money
If you put 89 in a 350z, literally (literally) nothing will happen. Whether this is because they exaggerated the quality needed or whatever, it's true.
Put 100k on the car with 89, see that nothing fucking happens, then come back and sperg out some more

I aint even talking about the car. I am just pointing out that if you use fuel with less octane than the one the factory specifies you are fucking with the engine. Specially if you rev it. SPECIALLY if you rev it while hot. You are just gonna get it fucked faster.

>I drove my audi TT for 75,000 miles with no oil change and it still runs lol you know nothing about cars enjoy wasting money on oil changes :^)

>I aint even talking about the car
At least you're honest

Taxman rape

Rx8 was more popular because low taxman rape. Also... 'Fuel efficient 1.3'

he aint talking about the car, he is talking about absolute fact you retard

I prefer not looking like a vaping fuccboi that can't drive for shit

They must be alternative facts, because they conflict with reality lol

350z confirmed vapemobile, how will nissan ever recover?

Dude i'm a fucking mechanic. Dont use lower octane fuel on your fucking car i'm fucking serious. If you plan on doing it at least use a thicker head gasket to be safe.

are you a mechanic that has never heard of companies exaggerating the required fuel quality? are you a mechanic that has ever owned this car?

Anything newer than like 2000 is built to run on 87, but just runs better on higher octanes. They detune themselves for it

I'm a mechanic that doesn't wanna try to see if the factory was exaggerating the fuel type by getting the engine to high temperatures and doing an italian tune up until it explodes with a lower grade fuel.

Dont think yourself smarter than the guy that built the fucking engine. You are just gonna fuck shit up.

that car is a piece of shit, not even 300hp, 3200lbs (no back seats?) burns oil and you will see one every time you turn your head. Why would I want any of that. It weighs too much to be a canyon car and is too slow to beat people in a straight line without doing lots mods that if you did to any other car would give better results.
Only chance is the next Z car cutting down weight but knowing itll be based off luxury infiniti im expecting nothing, not even a manual transmission if you ask me.
Ideally a 400zx would be 3000lbs with the I4 turbo or the V6 out of the new infinitis with a 6 speed.

>doing an italian tune up
a mechanic that can't read full conversations apparently. is right, not sure why you're so passionate about discussing a car you clearly know nothing about

You lose HP if your car REQUIRES premium. Yes we know your car can run on regular. The cars computer can change the fuel flow depending on the fuel, but you get peak performance using the correct fuel. If you enjoy a 10% power loss and increased wear on the engine, then keep putting incorrect fuel in your car.

It definitely induces power loss due to the decreased timing, but it doesn't increase wear on the engine per-se

If you're beating on it like a track day, then yes it could increase engine wear. There's a point where the auto-tune capabilities can't mitigate the lower octane fuel.

But just daily driving, there won't be any increased wear

And also, I've always seen in the programming that the ECU pulls timing, not messing with the fuel maps. There may be manufacturers who fuck with the fuel maps to prevent knock though, even though I think it's an inferior idea

I put wrong octane (too low) once in my Porsche. It started smelling like burned metal/aluminium inside the car, probably damaged the engine :X

>It started smelling like burned metal/aluminium inside the car
German engineering

Also fun fact, since E85 is such a higher octane, you can mix some of that in with 87 to get a higher average octane fuel while spending less than you would for premium.

4 gallons of E85 and 11 of 87, no loss of fuel mileage and in general more pep than running on straight 87

What Porsche? I'm
and run 87 or 87/e85 through my boxster, and have run it through 911s a plenty

Though forced induction is not something I'd fuck around with unless I had a custom tune set up.

Assuming I wanted to buy a 350z, is the 2008 model the best one to go for or should I just look at getting a 370z? I have this weird hard on for modern Z cars and I finally have another spot in my garage for a car.

Who won the 24 Hours of Le Mans?

Oh that's right, at least my car doesn't fall apart when it takes corners

>this triggered from friendly banter
stop adhering to porsche stereotypes

>Also fun fact, since E85 is such a higher octane, you can mix some of that in with 87 to get a higher average octane fuel while spending less than you would for premium.

No, it has a higher octane RATING, not octane itself. Ethanol compresses more easily, while you can run ethanol in engines that are designed to run on higher octane fuel, you are losing power, torque, and MPGs because ethanol contains less energy than gasoline.

>buh buh muh race gas has ethanol in it
They are running retardedly high compression ratios, your car is not a racecar.

Thats backwards.

Okay, you're splitting hairs. People can and frequently refer to octane ratings as just octane.

No one actually gives a shit about the scientific idea of octanes. Or cetanes, for diesel fags

It's all just a part of fuel, and what matters is how we can utilize the various properties of said fuels to achieve what we want.

>People can and frequently refer to octane ratings as just octane.

Because of the fucking gas jews putting ethanol in everything. If what you want to achieve is less power out of your engine, then by all means, go ahead.

it's not backwards when they leave japshit in the dust every stoplight

Can the vq make 600whp on an unopened block?

Not necessarily.

If it RECOMMENDS premium, then whatever octane is fine if you don't mind lower power.

If it REQUIRES premium, then you'd best put premium in unless you like replacing engine components.