Mfw first time driving manual on the road

>mfw first time driving manual on the road
Empty streets and parking lots are fine, but this is giving me mini heart attacks on the regular.
Why did I fall for the manual meme, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs

Like black dick, it may be intimidating at first, but once you get used to it, you'll never go back

women should just stick to auto

Man , you are in for fun fun fun. Hopefully you don't live in a hilly area where I do where every first gear takeoff was a burnout.

Zip zoop zim bop boop suck on daddy's cream pop.

I'm a girl(male), not a woman.
Unfortunately I do live in a hilly area.

yea, stick to auto, faggot

Stop being a faggot and drive.
Jesus.

>I'm a girl(male), not a woman.
You should pull a MrCummy but keep on driving off the cliff

no bully pls

After you get used to it you will see its the funner choice. An auto might be more fun at first, because you can push the car to its limits easily. But after a few months your car gets boring and predictable. With manual it stays fun.

>T. switched to manual 4 months ago

Just keep on driving with it. You'll get used to it, and after a while you completely stop thinking about it, since it becomes natural.

>driving autotragic for first time
>keep stepping on carpet with the left leg, trying to find clutch

i feel you

i had serious buyer's remorse when I bought my first (manual) car too for a couple days. Had to learn it quickly enough within a weekend so I could actually drive it to work the Monday

Did you enjoy after that rough period?

It's a bit more fun than an automatic car I guess. I feel weird going back to an automatic car for 5 minutes then it just becomes simple steer and so.

Rather than the transmission, it's the steering feeling that's more important for me. I would choose an automatic car with better steering, especially if the alternative has electric steering (feels numb/unresponsive).

Doesn't help that 1st to 2nd gear shifts are still a pain for me to do smoothly. You can be braindead and still drive smooth in an automatic, but not in a manual. If I could afford to have two cars I'd probably just have an automatic beater car then a manual car for other days.

funny story, the first time I drove an automatic It felt lije the engine is going to stall while stopping at a red light since I didn't disengage the clutch

Keep driving it. Go out of your way to drive when you don't have to such as in the late evening and weekends.
Also, starting from 1st gear and upshifting to 2nd smoothly will become muscle memory soon enough - you won't even notice it.
Once you get comfortable you can redline it in 2nd gear and have a good time.

i floor the pedal all the time, is this bad? I expect the electric throttle is limiting it anyways since my shitbox isn't even going faster than the crossover next to me

Im going my first time this Friday but ive been riding dirt bikes with my dad since i was little how much different is it

Clutch on a car takes a little more effort to use than a motorcycle.
Obviously your foot is less precise than your hand, but you get used to it.
Other than that it's the same unless you accidentally skip gears.

Had to learn driving out of the lot. Was scared to shit and stalled a bunch.
Been a solid month since then and I can shift smoothly now. Just takes practice.
Just gotta get over being a bitch and force yourself to drive for the first week.

It gets much better. You should eventually feel more in control of your car than those around you driving autos do.

Taking off from a dead stop is really the only hard part. If you feel like you're in a hurry to get going while in traffic, don't. Most people react slowly to green lights anyways.

>If you feel like you're in a hurry to get going while in traffic, don't. Most people react slowly to green lights anyways.

Go get fucked you fucking piece of shit. It you can't take off from a green light as fast as a fucking auto you should be driving a auto. Those fucking slow reactions are the reason why there's fucking constant traffic.

One, I live in a small town where constant traffic isn't a thing. Two, don't assume I take off slow because I told OP to take it easy. Three, jokes on you, I take off when the other lane's light turns red.

Just keep practicing, you'll get the hang of it.

manual is definitely more stressful than auto because it requires you to always be engaged. I still prefer manual though, it keeps me focused on the road and cars around me and I get to have fun

>mfw growing up in Sweden and everyone starts to drive manual cars at 16

>americans

Only 6 years after they begin mandatory hormone treatments

Yeah, it's totally my fault that the American car market favors automatics, so that's what I learned on.
It's easier to learn something the first time than it is to relearn what's been engrained in your memory.

yeah but it's not hard to drive a manual. Keeping a slow shitbox moving at speed through pure driving skill and working the gearbox properly is a feeling like no other

>mfw heel toe rev matching in the company van with it's asthmatic 1.6l 90bhp diesel and keeping up with cars with twice the power and half the weight

Just practice. Once i passed my test my dad made me drive him around in my shitheap and change gear until it was so smooth he couldnt feel it. There's really no magic trick, just keep at it.

Flooring it at low revs is bad, puts a lot of strain on the engine.