How did the fastest car company in the world do at Le Mans 24 hours?

I missed the race, how did Tesla do. Everyone knows they are 3 or 4 generations of Tech ahead of the competition. How did the Model S do at Le Mans? I bet they won (or were close!). I'll be pre-ordering my Model 3 soon this week.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_constants#Motor_velocity_constant.2C_back_EMF_constant
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fleming's_left-hand_rule_for_motors
insideevs.com/expected-tesla-model-s-fails-lap-nurburgring-full-power-video/
youtube.com/watch?v=UgZJg6Mu0cU
youtube.com/watch?v=AAJWeQFTUXY
youtube.com/watch?v=P2_E_NxbC3w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>gm fangirls falseflagging to take the heat off
ROTFLMAO

>fastest car company in the world

?

yep. model s is the fastest car on the planet

I kinda wish there was an all electric car just to see how they could keep it charged/ change batteries. Maybe Garage 56 next year

sure thing

if you give the customers too much time they might notice the scam

>model s loses quarter mile races to hellcats in optimal conditions
>gets shit on by Demons
>gets double shit on if they're in a race any longer than that

Nope, the Model S is faster to 60 than the shitcat and demon

From 0 to bursting into flames? I'll give you that.

>ice cuck triggered

>literally isn't faster 0-60 than demon
>not even an 1/8th mile race is 0-60

blown

the

fuck

out

yea electric motors are weird
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_constants#Motor_velocity_constant.2C_back_EMF_constant
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fleming's_left-hand_rule_for_motors
induction motors are even more of a clusterfuck

>isn't faster than the demon
reminder that ice cucks live in an alternative reality. rotflmao

>slower than a redneckmobile

inb4 non procucktion. Neither are lemans cars yeat they're somehow relevant here. It's not surprising that people here don't know the difference between quick and fast.

>implying inb4 discounts valid observations
not production. sperg more

How many laps could a Model S go before having to change batteries?

how many years will it take for ice shit to catch up to a 8 seater sedan???

Umm, a few seconds to catch up to it according to you (since it's faster and will run out of juice in a few minutes)

I8 from bmw would be cool just to see

>it will run out of juice in a few minutes
nope. sperg more

Formula E

>being this delusional

Theoretically le mans is roughly 3 miles and Tesla gets '290' miles for each charge. So every 100 laps. Elon is truly seven generations ahead of other car companies. The Porsche and Toyota hybrids are so bad they have to pit every 10 laps or so.

When Tesla submits its 7 seater family sedan it will embarrass Toyota and Porsche who just can't get hybrids right let alone a true electric vehicle.

Tesla will be cruising along for 100 laps while Porsche is refueling on Dino fuels every 10 laps.

Can't believe you kids even watch racing though. Tesla already won le mans as far as I'm concerned.

Kek, nice

BTFO

0-60 is the only important day to day metric.

sperg more

Slower than an FR-Slow

Nice to see you realize 0-60 as a metric is delusional.

>fastest car company in the world
>world

ahahah uncle Elon can't dominate other bodies in space like GM.

GM the only way they can win at anything is to be the only option on the entire rock, and fit puncture proof tires.

Alphonse can't even make a comeback so he'll just give you a
>doesn't count REEEEEEEEE
God, this is fucking rich.

sperg more
what did he mean by this?

Is every thread either sperg more, yep nope, or that lancer fag and his subpar cock? Oh and the V6 mustang guy

Your next quote will be:
>because 0-60 is the only measuring that matters

Hybrids had a dreadful time of it. ruined the once great race.

Not even the fastest electric car you cuck

>Motorsports do not test true performance and reliability of a car.
>Hence Tesla doesn't have plans to participate in any racing series.

9.7:1 gear ratio is mistake. nobody needs 2.3s to 60mph.

bolt looks fine as a commuter car (even with 0.3 Cd) , besides it has two features compared to model 3:
-it exists
-it has 240mile range even while being shaped like a brick

>Motorsports do not test true performance and reliability of a car.

Test of reliability and performance not a test of reliability or performance. In other news black is white.

Lol elon know Tesla would get shit on in an actual race

Tesla is GENERATIONS ahead of other car companies. They don't need to worry about RACING which is for fucking boomers. They make the fastest car in the world without even burning a DROP of dino fuel.
Le Mans is fucking pathetic.

They couldnt produce enough laptop batteries for a 24h race

Teslas need to be outlawed and the retarded fanboys need to neck themselves t b h f a m.

Racing is for Boomers?
This is the most terrifying and sad self condemnation of my generation yet. I would rather everyone last one of us turn into transgendered safe space BBC lovers but still love auto racing than have to watch the average male turn into a "auto racing promotes unsafe car culture and all cars should be self driving iphone chargers with wheels" numales.

It would be fucking hilarious, 2 laps then in for a 75 min charge then back out, then find after 18hrs the rapic charging has killed the battery pack and it needs a replacement.

>It would be fucking hilarious, 2 laps then in for a 75 min charge then back out, then find after 18hrs the rapic charging has killed the battery pack and it needs a replacement.

I mean, the tesla works best rapid charging for 20 minutes to ~70% charge.

So, I mean, they do have patents to drop the battery and swap it, and have wanted to do that in the past with regards to cars (supposedly the model S still has that ability), they could rig up something.

But it would be a hilarious shit show. None of those battery packs would have life left on them after a race, and then there's the whole "we track how many times you use ludicris mode and disable it after X uses to protect the battery pack" fiasco.

Edit to Add:

Tesla couldn't even go around the Nurburgring track under full power. It self limited after 3 minutes. To be fair it was a bone stock Tesla, and I assume they'd have to upgrade the battery cooling to actually do a lap.

>“The lap itself was around 10 minutes Bridge to Gantry (in heavy traffic) but unfortunately the car went into a reduced power mode about 3 minutes in due to excess battery heat (at least, that’s my guess).”

It didn't exactly get a glowing review:

>“Yes, it was heavy. Yes, it had almost no mechanical grip. And yes, the steering was as numb as my jaw after a trip to the dentist.

Isn't that the girl from Drake & Josh

The way the FIA is pushing things they'll probably be eligible by the end of the next decade

lel. People spend $100,000 on these.

Why not just get a Cayman S way less. Or if you want the performance of the Tesla you could go Prius or Camry.

But corvette won in 2015

Because people think spending $100k on a electric car to save $3k a year in gas is smart.

For it's intended use, a ~60k "luxury" car that costs nothing to fuel, is good for the environment, and can SELF DRIVE on highways, it's an alright proposition.

I'd much rather see their self driving tech in a ICE car. I'm excited to see what self driving cars will morph into. Who wouldn't want a self driving living room for road trips?

It's just hilarious seeing 'progressive' liberals melting down over their hate of the internal combustion engine, who are too busy lording over anyone that they are progressive for driving a car with very real limitations they will never talk about. Shit gets annoying, yo.

Americans don't do cars that corner.

>HURR DURR LETS JUST PUT A 8 LITER ENGINE IN HERE AND FUCK THE REST

no one cares about that chink sport, and I don't JUST want to watch electric cars

wait but Le Mans isn't day to day, It's a 24 hour long race with average speeds of 100+ mph

>faster to 60
and only in that category.

Its like a football team being really really good at scoring field goals. It still doesn't matter because they can't score a touchdown for shit.

w.e Model S would KILL out of the corners on Le Mans I bet. Like I said. These modern electric cars can go 100 laps without pitting and its a FAMILY SEDAN. The porsche and toyotas are pitting every other lap in comparison! Porsche and Toyota just cant catch up to the electric tech in Tesla with their silly Hybrids. Tesla will throw these hybrids into the dustbin of history.

A Model S would run out of juice after a couple of laps at best, and would need alengthy pit stop afterwards to either change the battery pack for a fully charged one or for a 20 minute supercharger top-up.

>le mans is roughly 3 miles
Lol

If it doesn't overheat and start self limiting. That's what happened at Nurburgring

I bet you think the Type R is actually as fast as the falsified burgerking makes it out to be

youtube.com/watch?v=UgZJg6Mu0cU

Does this look like its running out of Juice to you, boomer?

How many of those runs did it do back-to-back? Endurance racing isn't exactly the same thing as a single quarter mile drag race.

nope
0-60 is the only important day to day metric

>0-60 is the only important day to day metric
Said no one with a brain ever.

looks like someone starting a second before the opponent and once the corvette started too the distance remained the same
which means, not bad for a toaster on wheels, it can go head to head with a vette
nothing absurd like the electric dildo fan-boys try to claim tho

>defending the fact that a two-seater """"supercar killer"""" lost to a pigfat 7-seater family sedan

Still slower than a pickup truck.

youtube.com/watch?v=AAJWeQFTUXY
youtube.com/watch?v=P2_E_NxbC3w

24 hours of le mans specifically tests both performance and reliability, its "easy" to build a 1000hp car but getting it to run more than 1/4 mile is hard, let alone running it continuously for 24 hours in race conditions.

stop bullying the falcons

sperg more
>modified
sperg more

If this shit continues, I will fucking leave this world. This is seriously terrifying

If an electric car do any good at leman the next year swapping batteries will be prohibited.

Roll start vs still start. Holy fuck you're autistic

>not wanting ice cars to become a niche hobby

model s is still faster retard

well the one on the right has a logo on it

OP Here. I posted this as bait but I came back shocked to see people actually believe Tesla could finish a fucking lap at de la Sarthe let alone win the thing.

The absolute state of Veeky Forums.

If I see a tesla shill using the word 'boomer' or 'dino fuel' one more time i'll blow my brains out.

I wonder what would be faster around The Ring™
Tesla
Or
Tesla on a flatbed