Lowest rate = 5000/yr

>lowest rate = 5000/yr

I think I'll just stop driving for 5 years

Other urls found in this thread:

autotrader.ca/a/Ford/Mustang/LINDSAY/Ontario/19_10222516_/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=4_15_45
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

jesus christ man where do you live

Ontario, the worst place in the world

It's my fault too of course, but I can't help but think I'm unlucky

Jesus h christ I live in Ontario and I never had rates that high

Lemme guess, you're buying a new Civic as a young male in Ontario

Just buy an American shitbox and get much lower rates bud, it's not worth it to buy rice cars here when you're young

Focus ST

I'm just going to move to Alberta at the first opportunity instead and drive like a grandma until I'm 25

Do you have any tickets on you're driving record

I have 1 ticket and 1 accident and I'm 22

>Ontario

Not even once.

Ouch that I'll do it

Shit, I had a 65mph in a 45 (though that one was bullshit, I was going 53, and was 15 ft away from where it went from 45-55), fell asleep at the wheel, and a 103 in a 65 and was still only paying about 125 to insure a Saturn S car when I was 22ish

Ontario sounds like it sucks compared to Ohio

Yeah it sucks when it comes to insurance and ticket cost

jesus, that's more than the bike is every year.....

my insurance quote for my truck and yes i live in Ontario

Fug. I remember thinking I'd save money going bike for that low up front cost and gas mileage and grab a bus pass for the winter. Boy was I wrong.

Shit and I thought my 4.2k/yr was one of the worst case Ontario
>1 hit and run (not at fault) and 1 reckless

I'm seriously considering getting a shitty bicycle and using it to get around, and going down to minimal coverage/5000km annual just to save money until I'm in a better province. Can you even get minimal coverage on a new car? My ST felt extremely affordable when I was only paying 175 monthly just a couple months ago.

Ontario is a fucking hellhole for a lot of reasons.

Day of the rake best day of my life

mfw insurance is only 100$ month for my shitbox

When I lived in Ontario a few years ago I attempted to get insurance for the mr2 I had saved up for and bought. I was 17, so my insurance rate estimate was something insane like 15k per year. I sold the mr2 for 500$ less than I paid for it.

PLEASE ANNEX CANADA

that's reasonable

wanna know why the civic has such high rates ? Its because the insurance company knows that its a powerfull car that has to much power for most people and it can outrun almost any car on the street

thats around how much i pay,
and ive been in multiple accidents total losses and speeding tickets

Kek

Lol what a loser. 24 dollars a month for my twin turbo and I'm 22

Speaking from experience, it's because high school boys buy them to become mad street racers and immediately total them doing drifts in the grocery store parking lot, or modify them with bargain bin hackjobs and ruin the car. Both those things are high-risk for an insurance provider

>retard kids who got something on their record try to get insurance on boi racer cars and bikes
>surprised when its expensive
Well who would have thunk!

Had nothing on my record when I bought it. Got a partial at-fault + unsafe move ticket because a french canadian was doing 100 in a 50 zone while it was raining at night, and I ended up sideswiping him because I didn't see him coming. Now I enjoy double the insurance rate of what someone in America with twice as many accidents would get. Pretty great, I love Ontario.

Is that a radar detector mounted on the steering column?

been wanting to do this, is alberta actually cheaper? Feel like it is insurance and rent wise but if you went to calgary it would be equally as high.

loling at you from Manitoba.

Boost controller from the 90s

Almost right. Insurance rate(as far as I can tell)is based on age and statistics. shitbox cars cost a lot to insure since there is so many of them and more "likely" to be an accident and it doesn't help that's all what broke high-schoolers/young adults can afford. I remember a while ago fucking around doing quotes on Belair, a civic was like 250-300 a month whereas a corvette or Toyota Supra was, 150-180 a month.

>Got a partial at-fault + unsafe move ticket
haha get fucked

shitbec?

looks like an ancient greddy profec boost controller.

I have a focus and miata, 24yo
$70/m

i think that's pretty spectacular

>Ohio
>Saturn shitbox

I don't remember posting this

19yo male here, pay around $60/month

can't imagine paying 5k/yr

im 18 with full coverage :^)

Hello fellow space frame owner, how are you today?

Or ex-saturn owner, I gave up mine a couple years ago

>no coverage

This, I insured a shit box for a few months that I was trying to sell and it cost me double what my sports cars cost.

What did he mean by this

HKS EVC 3 literally from like 1995

What do you mean no coverage? It's fully insured with 600 excess

At 24 a month? No it isn't, unless you live in some third world shithole

New Zealand :)
Stay jelly mandatoryInsuranceLander

>third world shithole
Found your problem

>this assmad
What country are you from?

A big one

>So either Russia, china or the states.
80 percent of that selection is third world and the fact that you need mandatory insurance proves that you are in that part

Literally rejected Australians

Enjoy your 2 roads on your shitty little island

Australia is our boat shield
This is the greatest country for car culture on earth
>insurance is non mandatory so young guys can get sick cars
>no emissions rules at all
My Z has literally no emissions equipment and is fully legal
>can import anything
My crew alone has 3 z32s, an r33, fd3s, evo 9 and a 67 327 impala
>cops can be fags but you can get away with a bit of shit
>radar detectors are legal
>lvvta system is well designed and lets you do nearly anything to your car but stops retarded shit like stance
>have both highways for pulls, plenty of industrial cul-de-sacs for skids and heaps of twisties for touge

I'm tearing up with patriotism right now :,^)

>crew

i pay 210$ a month for my 2015 civic
1 cellphone ticket 1 at fault accident
i just turned 24 yesterday fuck you guys

>He doesn't have a crew

Quebec is shitty but insurance rate are low because car insurance is partially socialized. So if you just take liability coverage a teenager can insure pretty much everything.

Alberta fag here. If you're insurance is that high in Ontario, expect it to be about the same here.

I drive a 09 Civic under my mom, and still have to pay almost $200 for comprehensive. That's with her paying on top of that.

I bought a beater 95 hatchback Civic, and the insurance was $233 per month, 3rd party. Granted, I had rear ended someone back in February (no damage, and no other claim was made, but the birch still had her insurance go through with it), but I asked the insurance agent how much it would be if hadnt done that. He wasn't allowed to say exactly, but it was around $200-210 per month.

You're screwed either way (so am I, at least for the next 6 years)

>My crew
faggit

And I thought BC was crazy for charging me 3552 per year for a 92 accord.
Mind you this was 11 years ago, ICBC is probably charging something similar nowadays.

Im in tasmania, my 67 Mercedes Costs $25 A month with full coverage. My audi s4 used to cost 70 a month. ANY 2 door car is up around $130. We call it the "penis" tax

I'm 23 and just started driving, shitbox only.

~$400/month with driver's school discount (? dunno where the fuck the discount is, fuck unifund)

heck corollas and civics actually have the highest insurance rates here because that's where curries do insurance frauds on. Sporty cars will have equivalent if not cheaper rates

>23 and just started driving
This is an issue, insurance companies notice shit like this

And yeah Civics and other shitboxes always have higher insurance rates, because poor people are always making claims and committing fraud

In the GTA I was quoted $4000 a year for a Civic when I was 19, but only $2000 if I were to get an NSX
But this as ages ago so the NSX was only like an $18k car at the time

How much will reducing my annual driven km effect my insurance? Is there a minimum distance before it stops reducing your rate? I could get away with 8000km a year.

Insured my 2018 A5 for $250/month. Ontario pl8s bby.

People actually buy these things?

Lol, get a fucking 2001 escape, that's what I started on

>208bhp from a 2l turbo 4 pot
>has to send that power though an AWD system to move all of that under steering pigfat
Even Camrys make well over 300bhp now days what the fuck Audi

New A4/A5 is 252hp I'm pretty sure, over 300 with an APR tune. 0-60 is a little over 5 seconds.

My mom's Accord makes more power

>Canada second biggest country
Are you fucking retarded

>3808/yr for this
autotrader.ca/a/Ford/Mustang/LINDSAY/Ontario/19_10222516_/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=4_15_45

sometimes Ontario sucks

Stay jelly lonely driver

Yeah I forgot about Canada, but so did everyone else

Must not be 24 yet

My roommate pays 6000/yr for his 2.0L Mazda 3 in Ontario. He's a new driver, but it's still fucking retarded.

>land of the free
>can't afford to drive a car

Just edited my last insurance quote, surprised it's that low.

But then I changed my age to 20 and 2 years no claims, got this.

here in burgerland my comprehensive insurance for a 3 year old bmw was only $67 / mo. don't know how I pulled that off desu but Now that I'm 25 my rates are down to 55 for each car