Cars that can be found for around 15k that have a 1/4 mile of 14 secs or less. Want to weigh my options...

Cars that can be found for around 15k that have a 1/4 mile of 14 secs or less. Want to weigh my options. Try to keep it 10 years old or newer.

Was looking at a G37 or maybe a F30 328i since it has great tuning potential or perhaps a genesis coupe. I'm all over the place rn.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pQuFp3Ye3Ck
docrace.com/products/bmw-335i-n54-n55-single-turbo-kit
youtube.com/watch?v=kLfh4CtpjbA
columbus.craigslist.org/cto/6109375938.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Stop being a benchracer. Buy the car you like regardless of quarter mile time.

The genesis 3.8 r spec is an amazing deal for what you get.

Just wish it didnt have penis windows and it wasnt a hyundai.

How is the reliability on them?

Friend got one, I drove a 3.8 R coming from a brz and it felt too soft in both the steering and ride for me. It's got more of a GT car feel than a sports car imo. Other bud drove it coming from a 370z agreed with me.

Wouldn't buy.

I mean, you dont want your car to feel like a race car. Sometimes you want a comfortable GT car if you have to drive far or something.

I think the G37s is the best of both worlds desu

2004-2007 CTSV, 2004-2005 Pontiac GTO. C5 Corvette

6k for a nice one
Fuck your year restrictions, they're autistic. Either a car is reliable or it isn't.

Not OP here but i'm pretty interesting in a gen 1 CTSV. How do the two different engines compare? 2004/2006? How does it feel into corners?

People like you make no sense. Quarter mile and 0-60 times do matter when buying a new car. Its how people gauge a cars quickness. Obviously you could still enjoy a car thats half a second slower, but you can notice the difference. Also 0-60 and 1/4 mile times tell you who and who not to race. With your logic, why buy a civic type R when the Si is only 1 second slower and 20k cheaper?

Oh yeah. The f30 328i is at the top of list rn.

When did base model 3 serie bimmers get so fast?

youtu.be/pQuFp3Ye3Ck

Video related, with a DP, CAI and a Tune it pulls hard

The most pedestrian choices of all:

>G35 coupe
>G37 coupe
>is350
>328i

There's almost no better way to say "I know absolutely nothing about cars but I want everyone to think I'm 'the car guy'".

About the only thing worse than owning one of these cars is browsing Veeky Forums to ask its opinion on these cars.

At least a Genesis has some originality to it, and they're not plastered everywhere. Too bad about the Korean build quality though. And that god awful interior.

That sounds horrid. And that's not fast, it just seems fast because you're 20 and drive a Civic.

I've been able to get over .9 lateral G's in the corners (meter in the pic)

The 2004/05 have the LS6. The 2006/07 have the LS2 which has a better flatter torque curve and the rear differential is tougher, so a 2006 or 2007 would be best. It has major issues with wheel hop. I put poly bushings in the rear suspension and it's helped a lot. It's got a firm ride, not too terrible, some vibrations inside. Only option is a sunroof, it's fully loaded otherwise. I was more hoping for a GTO but couldn't find a manual at the time. It's been a great daily and it's fairly unique. Not many know what it is so it's a car that doesn't get much attention.

>335i
>buy turbo kit
>650whp on stock block
That's it.
docrace.com/products/bmw-335i-n54-n55-single-turbo-kit

>that dash

Fucking GM interiors. Just kill me holy shit.

>650whp on stock block
>car is usable or approximately 3 months before all internals are cooked and need replacing
>transmission is destroyed because it wasn't designed to take +650hp
>brakes turn into playdough after 5 minutes of driving

BMW fags, everyone.

There is plenty of stuff online that shows they are fine at that HP level. That engine is stout as shit. LRn something about cars before you spout off your dumb shit. It's not 2001 anymore faggot.

This post is just dripping with 20 year old swaggot.

>lrn sumthing u fukken faget
>internet sayz its gud
>sikk forumz tell me its sw4GGG
>faget fuk ur mum

About a year ago, I had a blowout on a rear tire on a hard 2-3 shift (so already going 60mph) and went full wheel lock back and forth three times.

I've driven my father in laws GTO and as fun as it is I like the idea of a 4 door. How has yours held up over the years?

I don't really understand what's so bad about that interior?

Literally any v6 Mustang from 2011 to 2016.
Go for a 2011 with the performance package if you want the fastest for your buck.
It even corners better than a BRZ or a 350z

It reeks of mid-2000's playdoh fun factory plastic interior. It did not age well.

>Stressing the fuck out of an already unreliable engine
>Having the engine grenade it self 1 week after the tune

No thanks.

>Never owned a civic, owned a E46 BMW and a miata currently.

Please, your welcome to suggest other good performing coupes or sedans that aren't overpriced as fuck.

>monochromatic grey plastic
>terrible font on the dash buttons
>instrument cluster looks like it's from a base model civic with a "V" logo slapped on it

i mean i like the CTS-V as much as anybody else but interior design is definitely not GM's strong suit, at all

You shouldn't be looking at the dash when your trying to manage 400+hp to the back wheels.

A truck with a cam and a couple bolt-ons is faster in the 1/4 than most of the cars listed here. Just sayin.

It looks

C H E A P
H
E
A
P

Lol impressive
I've only had it 6 months so far but it's been pretty good
Not the best. This Cadillac was the cheapest model at the time I believe. But it has everything. A Bose 6 speaker system and a sub, easy to navigate non-technical screen, dvd and 6 disc CD player, heated seats, garage door opener. The steering wheel and interior door handles are made with stainless steel too which is nice.
That cluster is electronic, pure white illumination and can switch from KM to MPH so no need for extra writing on the cluster.

2013-2017 F30 328i opinions?

With a few pipes and a tune it can keep up with an e90 M3.

youtube.com/watch?v=kLfh4CtpjbA

Can be found for around 15k

Get an IS350

Runs like a 13.7 1/4 mile and won't fall apart inside and out like the burger and kraut cars.

If you don't understand what's so bad about that interior... then you don't belong here. Please leave.

>Muh soft touch

Soft touch plastics feel disgusting

Hard touch plastics, otherwise known as GM plastics, feel even worse.

Soft touch feels like mildew

Stop feeling up mildew m8.

I'm not the one licking the dashboard m8

I cannot fucking believe this is still for sale

Supercharged 406 in an 84 Corvette for $9000 obo

columbus.craigslist.org/cto/6109375938.html

What hp could you tune it to without completely fucking it? It already comes with ~250 doesn't it?

Mods don't equal rise in value. Trans brake might be illegal for street use etc. It won't make a comfortable daily.

Stage 3 kits from DINAN for the N20 engine go up to 400.

If you get a DP, CAI, Mechanical wastegate w/ intercooler upgrade and exhaust you can push 350hp+ safely without fucking the internals

not op but I've been considering this. are they fun to drive?

Any 600cc inline 4 motorcycle

/Thread

they feel disconnected from the road but the suspension is tight and their pretty fast. interior is super cramped and the ride isnt all that comfortable but it is a sport sedan after all

>Also 0-60 and 1/4 mile times tell you who and who not to race.

Are you fucking 16 years old or something?

> N54
> unreliable
> posts a g37

lmao

Are you trying to say the NA VQ37Vhr that is used in the G37 and 370z is more unreliable than the god awful nightmare that the N54 is?

I cant stand the autism this post contains.

>Trans brake might be illegal for street use

just leave

t. guy who doesn't work on cars
Nissan a shit

Thanks, I was all "The ad means it has a turbo 400 transmission and brake line locks right?" and I was just about to google, maybe user knew something I didn't but as usual he was just being a faggot.

Bump.

I own a 2008 BMW 335i 146k Miles and hasnt given me problems other than adaptive headlight warning that comes on every so often. I bought this car for 8k 1 year ago.

I also own a 2005 Pontiac GTO 182K Miles. Ive only had to replace the driveshaft, half shafts, radiator, and water pump. This car was bought back in 2009 for 13k.

Both of these cars will run under 14 secs, and both have been a daily driver at one point in my life.

I was also recently looking at my friends genesis coupe 3.8. We swapped cars for a week and honestly the genesis didnt feel very lively at all.

Coupe or sedan? I know the N54 is a beast if tuned right but im not prepared for wallet rape.

If you don't mind 11-12 years old, the 05/06 Pontiac GTO is around $15K with a manual, and just about infinite room for improvement since it's LS based and has a large aftermarket.

I have an opportunity to get a 2011 E90 335i w/ 70k miles for $13,000.

Think I found the one, it doesn't have the N54 but the N55 which was much more reliable and it can still take tunes over 400whp.

Just wish I could get it with 2 doors. Ah, well

Explain your reasoning.

Why can a car guy not own some of the best touring cars those manufacturers ever produced?

I understand the 328i as it is slow and soft. I also understand the G35 as it has mechanical issues,but the other two are hella comfortable cars with good power.

VQ37VHR drivetrain is pretty reliable. Only complaints seem to be the slave cylinder on the 6MT and slightly retarded 7AT before 2010 iirc. Few guys around the forums running around with over 300k mi.

Ill give you other Nissan products tho

Is that midnight purple ?

misalligning cars =/= working on cars

Malbec black.
It's sex

I have an option of either getting a 2011 G37 Journey (non S) Coupe w/ 78k miles or a 2011 BMW 335i Sedan w/ 71k miles for $13,000

I like the 335i more since it is a little faster and you can JB4 and DP it and get like 360whp. But the G37 has that N/A Sound and reliability. It also looks better inside.

Which one would be better you'd think?

You are retarded.
BMWs are durable as fuck, the ZF auto transmissions hold tons of power and the 3.0 liter i6 is one of the best non performance oriented blocks ever.

I'd go 335i unless you can find a G37S coupe.

S nets you larger brakes, LSD, more aggressive final drive, better seats, and some accessories like illuminated kick plates and memory seats.

I owned a G37s 5 years ago and work on plenty regularly. They're poorly built shitboxes lol

If it makes you feel better about your inability then sure, go buy a shittier car

I dunno what to tell ya, I've owned 2 now; one I owned until 110k miles. Both were great.

How rich is your melanin count?

Literacy is pretty important... let me make some sense of it.
I owned it for 1 year, 5 years ago.
Thankfully got rid of it before the prices tanked
It was alright then, but with prices now I don't see many pros to outweigh the cons of the terrible build quality.
I had my seats and steering wheel replaced under warranty cause they peeled. Shit was 3 years old

Not very rich desu.

Inability to misallign cars or what???

I don't see how this is an issue

Ah yeah the trim and seats, they ended up fixing that. Before 2010 they had some little issues like that. Reliable though. I could see how that would leave a bad taste in your mouth if purchased new

> Anime reactions
Get the fuck away from me, kid

Why would I ever go near a gypsy??? I don't want to get robbed

It had 12k miles and was CPO. It was the last "new" car I'd ever buy. They're ok all around, but they don't really excel at anything in particular.
My Q45 was 13 years older, but the quality was evident.

Can't rob a brokeboy, my dude

even if I were broke you could rob my organs

you don't fool me gypsy, I know your type

Your a stancefag.

Ok all ur opinions are now invalid k thnx bai

BTFO

> Your
And you're an illiterate weeaboo

How many times have you stolen fuel from customers, gypsy?

Enough to open up a gas station perro

Don't you have any shame?

I cri everytiem

I've been told to avoid the CTSV as the gen 1s have a large tendency to eat the differential

That and it looks like a dindu mobile inside and out

fuck you, ain't gotta be a nig to appreciate a nice purple

There is some of that, too.

Kids aren't allowed on Veeky Forums. Go away.

Is that a chevy modified to have a cadi wheel? Whole car looks cheap and plastic.

I think most people prefer to drive their cars and not caress every inch of the interior while masturbating and listening to ASMR.

God damn you're such a fucking little faggot. Cringed hard reading your reply.

I have a sedan. I was going to buy a coupe but didnt want to just have 2 coupes all the time.
If you buy one that has been fairly well maintained the maintenance isnt too bad. The e90 is a fairly common vehicle now actually and parts arent horrible. I honestly havent tuned mine just because its a daily that just gets stuck in trafficn but yes they can become pretty quick.

I found an N55 Sedan with 70k miles in my budget ($13k), Heard its a wayy more solid engine and got rid of most problems the N54 had.

Sounds like a good price to me