Are you concerned about the safety or the lack thereof of your shitbox?

Other urls found in this thread:

trackdogracing.com/hd-m2hc.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=zxDHuthGIS4
youtube.com/watch?v=S8J7B9lqPSE
youtube.com/watch?v=G-WRrIHbW5M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pretty sure I've got like a -2 star rating, So zero fucks given. If I crash at highway speeds there's going to be nothing left.

I ride motorcycles, aside from disfigurement, I really don't give two shits about whether something kills me or not.

No, I'm wrapped in sweedish steel.

Yes, Everyday again. I refuse to drive in between two trucks for example. I drive a Peugeot 106, and im pretty sure that crashing one above 70 km/h will end my life.

>I refuse to drive in between two trucks for example.
well, to be honest, not even 5star modern cars could help you in such a scenario

meh, at least it teaches you to be aware of your surroundings this way

Yes thats true
I trust myself... But the number of 'female SUV drivers' not paying attention is huge in my area. I drove a Volvo for 2 years, and i felt save everytime i drove that thing

Nah, typical over-engineered Audi. From the sales blurb:

>anti-lock brakes (ABS)
>electronic stability program (ESP)
>electronic brake force distribution (EBD) >electronic differential lock (EDL)
>traction control (ASR)
>seat-mounted head and chest side airbags >next-generation dual front airbags
>three-point safety belts with pretensioners and load limiters.

I drive a tank that is far better at driving than I am.

>You don't have to worry about a lack of safety when there is no safety

I really wasn't until I moved to AZ. Worst drivers in the nation here, its unbelievable what I see on a daily basis.

>drive 1987 MR2
>feel safe because I'm sitting in a greenhouse with fantastic 360 degree visibility
>drive 2015 Fiesta ST
>feel nervous in traffic, hesitate to change lanes, triple check before I make a turn

While I wouldn't drive a tin can like a CRX, I'd take a 2 star safety rating and good visibility over a 5 star bunker.

This
If you ever want to risk your life, get behind the wheel of a car in AZ
In a month alone we had like seven people get on the freeway going the wrong way
I blame california

You can't get in a fox body and shut the doors without being reminded it's a tin can. They actually fare pretty okay in most real world crashes though, probably because the engine's so far forward but I always fucking think about pic related where the car broke in half and the front seats got pulled out of the passenger compartment. Nightmare fuel.

My truck has some weakness in small overlap crashes but even if I do happen to hit something tall enough and heavy enough not to just obliterate I'll only get a broken clutch leg. Pickup doors WILL come open in serious accidents though so I wear my seatbelt for any driving outside town.

No, I bought an 86 and it has 5 star crash rating because it was made by amazing engineers.

Nope. All airbags removed for weight reduction. The only safety precautions I've taken is to replace the stock shitty Toyota OEM seats with some Recaro bucket seats and a 5 point harness over the 3 point seat belt that comes with the SW20.

I'm already driving one of the "most dangerous cars around" according to normies. The danger makes it fun.

>the era of automatic belts
somewhat concerned but hopefully will die
t. gen2 camry

Not really, was already in a crash and my 4th gen fbody is pretty solid. Her new chevy sonic... not so much

2/2

It's very jarring going from one car with no safety anything to a steel fortress. The height of CUV's/SUV's puts their headlights at your eye level, and their grille at your neck.

At least its microscopic dimensions make it easy to park.

THIS, have you ever drove behind a flatbed truck and the bed is at eye level?

That's a Spark. It even says so on the tail. Sonic is an entirely different model.

t. You local neighborhood Chevy stealsman.

no, even though my car is from the 80s, it's still an over-engineered mercedes. i don't drive too fast anyways.

the only car i've totaled (zero fault) had the airbags fail during the accident, which was around 45mph head on and I was fine. not really too concerned about the mercedes, except maybe a full-speed side impact considering no real modern protection there... but a rare accident, so

yep ... that's why I don't drive American

Yep. Driving on highways is nerve-wracking with every single vehicle being bigger, sturdier and heavier than you.

Not really but I probably should be

>5pt harness
Do you have a full roll cage?

Holy shit yes and it's completely unnerving at first

No

>blame cali
I live in norcal and everyone here is relatively good at driving. nothing obscene like going literally the wrong way. i have never witnessed an accident either.

maybe socal drivers idk

What do you think about lane splitting?

NA Miata

If I hit something with any speed I'll probably vaporize instantly

I always double check every crossing I go through, break early if someone is behind me, and try to put pickups, sports cars or Tesla's behind me cuz I trust them to not hit me more

Avoid CUV's, vans and SUV's, and drive as far from oncoming traffic as possible

yes my shit box is not only made like a tissue box
its rare asf and cared for like a baby
insurance payout be dammed I would be lucky to even see another let alone buy another

every other driver on the road is driving a giant refrigerator like appliance
they don't give a shit and never do maintenance
they can crash 10 times and just buy another largely identical suv or sedan each time

>No airbag
>no crumple zone
>bullbar
I should be concerned, but I am not

But that stuff is standard on all modern cars, you got suckered by marketing kid

I also DD a '91

I want to get a rollbar but that means I also need a hardtop. also, the money I could put into this safety stuff can go towards a tarbo

I thought a roll bar would be cheap ?

but if you put in a roll bar, the soft top would need to come out so I would have to get a hard top, which costs lods of emone

Right now, I don't give a shit about my safety.
But if I get a family going, maybe then.
Maybe a saab.

"Safety" features are for richfags who can afford 40 grand new cars or people leasing their cars for a large chunk of their monthly paycheck

> first start after I bought it
> gee what's that puddle
> cracked hose is pouring fuel everywhere

That thing's a tank though.

No because I don't do childish retarded things on public roads.

I drive a 2005 chev silverado...I should walk away from most collisions,, unless it's a tractor trailer...

I think they're frustrasting, but ultimately it's mind bending how trusting lane splitters can be

Kinda. It's 27 years old, has no airbags and is made of tin foil and cardboard

trackdogracing.com/hd-m2hc.aspx
there must be some that can clear the soft top
but they might be less effective

but its a little hard to find pic that show both a roll bar and the soft top in use at the same time
also the glass window soft top requires different roll bar clearances

I drive a motorcycle, so I'm sort of hoping I either can walk away from a crash or die on impact. The in-between sounds pretty awful from the guys I know who had a really bad crash on a bike and survived. I like being able to still feel my dick.

no you dont you retard lmao do your research before you spout bullshit

I'm 6'4", my head touches the hardtop on bumps. Seeing a rollbar fab on sunday to see what he can do for me.

you forgot the panel on which they showed the chinese woman in that lexus

nah mate im good

Hey, I drive the same car

Drive a Volvo, you will feel safe unless you're sanswitched between semi's. The only safe car at that point is a abrahams tank.

not concerned at all
I've been thinking about buying a 50s ish car

In my miata yes. All I see are huge suvs driven by women looking at their phones, all around me.

It actually made me stop using it for dd and relegate it to a weekend machine only.

sounds like you need a roof bubble

Safe? No.
Concerned? not even a little.

Car is an '89 Accord, doesn't even have airbags. I can only hope for a swift death if anything does happen.

Living in a city full of asians and in SoCal is like a nightmare turned into reality

Hey I daily drive a W202!

To be honest I am pretty sure these cars are safe ( to a certain extend of course ).

But NO I don't worry about it when I buy a car, but I always said to myself that would change if I ever get kids.

thanks to my lack of safety features I will be killed one day instead of crippled.

nah
It's cheaper and safer than a 125cc bike
Also Hitler did nothing wrong so I trust him.

No b/c i drive a volvo estate
Brought the cunt for 800 quid

I drive a 1600lb tin can with no intrusion beams in the doors, and broken seatbelts, I'm not worried.

Well I removed the bumper bar and driver's airbag. So yeah, a bit.

Yet you're still alive

2013 5 star rated. Still a shitbox though.

I rather die driving a car i like

safety is for pussies that cant drive

I daily drive a lowered AW11 MR2. No airbags and even lower than it usually is, I find some sedan headlights at eye level occasionally. No airbags of any kind, I just hope that whatever hits me kills me on impact.
Worried? Nah, I'm a very active driver and I am quick to maneuver out of bad positions if I see them

>94 Geo metro

You fucking bet

4 star safety rating but it doesn't go very fast anyway

67 Mercedes, No airbags, i die like a man

I'm just kinda worried about other people not paying attention to me

Just two days ago some lady in an SUV almost backed into me, they didn't even bother looking back

It's like that everywhere, they're all in their own little bubbles and don't fucking pay attention to other cars

>some lady in an SUV almost backed into me,

Giving them SUVs was a mistake.
SUVs were a mistake.

Giving them any kind of motorized vehicle was a gigantic mistake

I drive a 2011 focus, so I'm not concerned at all. The computer has my back, but even if that doesn't stop me crashing, I have crumple zones.

On my motorbike? I know it's unsafe. That's why I wear safety gear.

Cycling? Unsafe as fuck, but I'm not going to die unless someone runs over my head. And there's not a lot that can stop that.

Not at all.

I intend to be buried in my car, It's only fitting I die in it as well.

>Trust pickups and sports cars
>Avoid crossovers, vans, and SUV's

Really makes me think

youtube.com/watch?v=zxDHuthGIS4

I own the same one, same year, same color, only with 3 doors instead of 5.

But no, I have a company car, brand new with all the good stuff, the rolla is just a car I enjoy driving, and I only do so maybe once or twice a week, tops.

So to me it's just a trade-off, I trade safety to be able to own the car I want.

>2/5 star safety rating
Nah senpai it's all good

Why are you even thinking about the crash safety ratings of your cars if you don't even wear a seatbelt?

no, because if I wreck my car, I would just kill myself anyways

so in a way, its doing me a favor

>89 Geo Metro

I know that feel...

fuck yeah
also, brakes are for fags

precisely
and now i have to get a car for my wife (who can't drive for shit) so she can carry around my precious kids to school and stuff
wat do?
everything protecting them will become one more danger on public roads
she would crush me in my fun shitbox without even noticing the bump
what is life?

>own toyota with possible faulty takata airbag
>take it to dealership as soon as I get recall notice
>sorry we dont actually have the part to fix it yet
>can't be fucked to take it in now, get a letter in the mail every week saying "YOUR AIRBAG IS DEFECTIVE! THIS IS THE LAST NOTICE WE WILL SEND!"
fuck you cunts I tried to get it replaced

>Work for global entertainment lighting company
>They tell us, the oceanic supplier (we find out from the customers, that is, we aren't officially told at all even after the customers) that they're stopping production on several dozen models of tungsten/halogen lamps
>Our last call for orders (currently totalling 1.6m in fucking lamps) has been in processing for 3 months now with no ETA

Major companies are massive cunts when it comes to supply chains, end of story.

I am going to replace it next week in the local toyota dealership.

The car is from 2005 and the previous owner didn't bother at all.
Strange since in the letter it clearly states that it might shoot metal fragments in to your face

From the picture it seems like you tried to make a left turn in the wrong lane.

Lmao. Your thinking is messed up. A false sense of security. Your MR2's "360 Visibility" won't save your ass when a woman in her SUV runs a stop sign.

Ok you know that video is bullshit. Women are far better at following a line than men are. They have been listening to orders for centuries.

Might I remind you of cars from the 50s and 60s.the deathtraps they were. Safety is for the better

Prior to steering wheel airbags, steering columns were basically reverse-facehuggers in an accident. Say goodbye to your chest cavity.

>SRS light on
I am always afraid, does make me drive better, though.

BLISTA COMPACT

>Naan is in this motherfucker
Sup nihga

I just told you I do at high speeds. Low speed crashes are very different from high speed crashes but a seatbelt doesn't do shit if the seats get yanked away from the belts. In this particular freak accident it probably did more harm than good that's why I always think about this one (while wearing a seat belt)

I don't buckle up in my lifted half-ton pickup when I'm just going six blocks to the store because I ain't a faggot.

No. I'm too good to get into a wreck and if I did, I wouldn't be at fault. The fact that I want to die may be a factor too.

I drive a VW so it might be a shitbox but it's a safe shitbox

This.
9-5 Estate owner myself.

youtube.com/watch?v=S8J7B9lqPSE
youtube.com/watch?v=G-WRrIHbW5M