Remember when this was the worst we had to put up with Edition

VOTE edition
us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20695547/join-us-for-the-hearthstone-collegiate-national-championship-4-13-2017

>Deck lists, news etc
liquidhearth.com/
heartharena.com/
hsdecktracker.net/

>Open Tournaments
strivewire.com/
play.eslgaming.com/hearthstone/
zotac-cup.com

>/hsg/ Tournament
Signup Sheet: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSezW_F-LPJ8SRG7HvmDEH9ZqVTzKJMG-6wrVkRNR3BG4U2Yng/viewform?usp=sf_link
Tourney Discord: discord.gg/xHRA3Qz
Tournament is set for the next two weekends, NA first followed by EU

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1pBC83cWw1n-v0FM7oedudYvCSaPYmjjC3GfcJ5R_9Os/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>see ben brode dev recruitment video
>think "I could do that"
>spend the last week making a 185 card homebrew expansion/adventure that introduces a new death knight class
>send it to blizzard with a job application
>rejected within an hour and a half
lol

Well, here it is: "Arthas: Rags to Liches".

docs.google.com/document/d/1pBC83cWw1n-v0FM7oedudYvCSaPYmjjC3GfcJ5R_9Os/edit?usp=sharing

Rip it to shreds, lads. Preferably not just "this is overtuned", I didn't put much effort into nailing the exact balance, but point out what's gamebreaking and what's insultingly useless. Also tell me what you think of the adventure premise/writing.

Why is it every time I find a viable deck, I realize it's not fun?

Why do people click the menu instead of just Esc + Concede?

>play for 5 hours
>move from rank 5 to rank 4 to rank 5

Because most people only play this game with one hand.

No offense but it could be the case of scrub mentality

Because netdecking is only fun to sociopaths.

>play against quest warrior
>play around his brawl
>dump my hand after he plays the first brawl (he had 3 cards in hand)
>he top decks the second brawl
Fuck this deck.

None taken, I know I'm a shitter.
But what do you mean?

what's the best midrange pally list /hsg/

Is Elemental better than normal midrange?

>free adventure
that's why you got rejected

Some people can't enjoy thing which they perceive as strong or viable because of they think everything strong is dishonest or not fair or because they enjoy to be underdogs clawing for better spot. Revulsion to good things regardless of their nature is one sympthom of scrub disorder.

Don't see how that would be scrub mentality. Scrub mentality is using a made up "honor code," like refusing to play net decks because it would be 'dishonorable' as opposed to not enjoying certain decks.

> Want to have fun on ranked with under/never used cards
> Playing Demented Frostcaller because I like this card
> Playing Yogg-Memelord again
> Meme hard a murloc shaman with Yogg from 1hp Icebloc to 9hp + board clear and massive draw + freeze half of his board + tons of board clear
> Win
> It's a handbuff pally
> FEELING CHILLY?
> Freeze everything multiple turns
> F U N A N D I N T E R A C T I V E
> Win
> It's a midrange hunter
> FEELING CHILLY?
> counterspell hunter marks
> Freeze the world while spamming spells and buffing mana wyrm
> Win
> It's a fucking pirate warrior
> Lose
> It's a taunt warrior
> He dirty rat my yogg
> Lose

Fuck you Garrosh. I had fun until you came.

It's hard to say, there are so many. Elemental, with lots of murlocs, with a few murlocs but curator..

I mean kinda, but its more like I actually enjoy intuitive decks that have a strange synergy which require good draw like OTK mana addict priest or exodia mage.
Tempo mage was also fun.
But this mid range hunter deck just feels like I'm spitting out whatever I happen to have in my hand with no rhyme or reason other than going face.
It just doesn't feel like it takes any forethought.

why the fuck would your hand be on esp and not on your dick/beer ect.

that was objectively the right play in 60% of the times you would have won right there and then, you got the 40% chance where you didnt. All related to how many cards were in his deck, you can do the precise math if you want.

>beat a quest mage after 4 ice blocks and my board being frozen from turn 5 on

this expansion has a lot of lame shit

The consensus I'm seeing is that Murlocs are the better early game package. Gentle Megasaur also enables Curator for you, and that's pretty sweet.

I've found handbuff elementals not proactive enough in the early turns to pressure Quest Rogue and Freezemage. The handbuffs also have anti-synergy with Tarim who prefers going wide with weenies instead of playing big guy after big guy.

>all related to how many cards were in his deck, you can do the precise math if you want
yeah but it's fucking 60/40, it's likely MUCH closer to 90/10

Can I outmeme the mage?

You have petals and ya boi toni, if you lose this I fear you're either retarded or extremely unlucky.

*not 60/40

What rank do I have to be to start having fun?

Tried midrange hunter, didn't really enjoy it that much. I didn't like how it ran out of steam so quickly. A lot of the aggro decks ive been playing had more steam than midrange.

Maybe I am doing something wrong.

hunter doesn't have steam at all. That''s the thing, hunter has the shittiest card draw. Either you topdeck your way to victory or lose.

>freeze mage is better than quest mage
how long till they remove alexstrasza to promote their failed gimmick?

That'll learn you for having fun, nerd.

Is there a way to beat quest warrior without spending 5k+ dust or having to play a deck that has an awful matchup to aggro variants? This meta is too rock paper scissors.

I told you i didnt have precise number retard. Just the theory. It doesnt matter what the number was besides like if it was the second last card in the other guys deck but i'm going to assume it wasnt.

Bad news, gonna have to push the tournament back a week. I really need the money from next weekend and can't live with myself if I give it up.

Sign-up's still good to go for a while though, so hopefully you guys can have fun with your memes.

>being this poor

don't think anybody minds desu

Got to level like idk, 7 or 8 or some shit in WoW (trying to get Liadrin)

Holy fucking shit how did anyone get addicted to this shitty fucking game? I'm so goddamn bored I just want it to end. They make you walk to goddamn far just fucking kill me famalam.

20, 15, 10 or 5.

You can do whatever you want with no downsides there.

How do you play freeze mage with no ice lance?

Winning is fun you dumb shit. If you're winning you're having fun!

I felt the same way man. jesus christ it was horrible. Like walk 15 mins to talk to some cuck.

This is actually pretty correct

you just do

Most people who play it are people who started playing it much earlier and now are victims of the sunk-cost fallacy. They've spent so much time and or money on it they can't quit.

Back in 2004 when it came out the game was amazing. It sucks now though.

DESU the early game has always been shit, even more so in vanilla, it was raiding and my guild that hooked me for an entire 7 years, no ragrets.

It's about time investment. People started years ago, when they were in high school, etc. Back then it was a huge time sink and they built up a lot of achievements and special items for their characters they've invested so much into. It's not hard to fall into a cycle of addiction when you feel compelled to further improve your characters. It's not really a game as much as a reward simulator.

Time to start printing those "you win the game" cards.

Oh, I hope Hearthstone will never suffer the same fate as WoW TCG.

Daily Reminder: "Wining is fun" has never exited the lips of a non-sociopath.

>spent the last of my gold on 10 packs
>last pack hits the pity timer
>time to start saving for the next expac

one last time boys

ORK KUEST.

An golden Ultrasaur with the border lighting screwed up.

Reminder: socio-path is meme word used by pseudoscience frauds

MtG designers classify their player demographics into three groups according to how they have fun in the game and they they want out of it.

Timmy wants to cast big minions and cast crazy spells.

Johnny wants to show off and play with style by creating interesting decks.

Spike wants to win.

Do you like psychopaths more?

inb4 mage quest

Funkeeper Tarim

just this ugly guy. another 400 dust lego

i got to legend with midrange hunter. you have to curve really good on the first 3 turns or you just get outvalued and lose.

I've tried so many variants of midrange hunter. Did you run Golakka or bows?

No, it just means you lack a conscience. A common malady among young white men.

Spikes have always been cancer. They single-handedly killed Magic. Also, there are more than three now.

I WAS RIGHT!

you should run 2 crabs just to secure your win against pirate warrior. that shit swings to your favor really well. plus it expands your 2 drop slots, Bow is really good for going face against quest rogue or mage variants.

winning is fun. nobody like getting shit on.

gib cheap way to play midrange hunter

Wait I just made it to 15 for the first time, am I now unable to fall below 15?

Alright, let's actually examine this fucking retarded platitude. Why have cards at all? Why not just have little sprites that tell you "You win!" when you click on them? It can't be skill you're worried about, because this game doesn't require it. You don't care about lore, you don't care about immersion. You don't care about anything but winning. So why bother with any game? Why make them at all? Why not just print a bunch of win buttons you can click and orgasm to all day?

>hit rank 15 in under an hour
>only play pirate warrior and can't get higher
I know I'm bad but I didn't think I used to be this bad

this card may do something

Why do you need a certain set of pixels to do the thing you want to do rather than a different set of pixels?

Why anything?

Why do we exist?

Fuck off faggot. You hate winning because you're a self-loathing fuckhead that deep down thinks, or most likely knows, you don't deserve to win at anything. You intentionally play shit decks because you want that as a safety net excuse for your own shortcomings.

Win.

Get good.

Or get the fuck out.

Don't play it. It sucks anyway

Midrange hunter isn't expensive though...

Winning is fun but we don't have fun only through winning. Git gud, scrub.

Because winning while someone else is losing feels good, user. It's how human nature works and it's a hormone releasing feel-good moment because it helps our confidence and helps make you more stronk/alpha/desirable.

If you don't know this I'll assume that you aren't really good at anything in life and just loathe in your free time.

so you enjoy being a loser?

This season. You'll be set back to 20 at the beginning of next.

wow, instantly

>we don't have fun only through winning
So in other words, it's not just about winning. How about that?

>Because winning while someone else is losing feels good, user
This is called sociopathy.

>It's how human nature works
No, it's how sociopathy works. It just so happens most men are sociopaths, so they think sociopathy is acceptable.

Doesn't bother me if I enjoyed myself.

I don't have rat pack and every time I try to netdeck I see rat pack

Whatever you say, Canadian scrub

rat pack is pretty shit desu, its only good with some kind of damage buff

tell me how to build midrange hunter please i just started playing a few days ago

>hear that Pirate Warrior is really good
>craft Patches.
>make a deck.
>every game, Patches is in my opening hand.
>every game, Patches is in my mulligan hand.

My headcanon is that Patches is gay for me. That's the only fucking explanation for this bullshit.

fun-and-interactive-gameplay.jpg

Best thing to learn is to ignore the guy you are quoting. Rat pack is core in pretty much any midrange hunter deck.

indeed

Most people enjoy winning
Few people are sociopaths
Therefore, most people that enjoy winning are not sociopaths

>make sure you have a good curve
>make sure you have some cheap removal
>have a few things to top off your curve
>have good 1-drops
deckbuilding 101

>Few people are sociopaths
This simply is not true. Most men are sociopaths. MOST. The inability to care about what consequences your actions have on others (who don't directly benefit yourself - such as your own family) by definition makes you a sociopath.

People make selfish choices all the time, doesn't make 80% of the population of earth sociopaths

>[citation fucking needed]

nigger you are straight fucking retarded. Fuck off to reddit

>The inability to care about what consequences your actions have on others (who don't directly benefit yourself - such as your own family)

It's not that they have an inability, it's that they just care less. If you don't care more about your family and friends then you are the one with the mental problem.

I knew this would be the response. Why do sociopaths always hate being called what they are? Fucking egos. You want to be seen as good people when you're not. Sorry, you don't get that. When you act like shit, you get recognized as shit.

Went to hearthstone reddit to see if they had information on who to bet on in the tournament, and the first post with the most arrows was a guy who paid "Edward Nigma" 200 bucks to teach him hearthstone and now they're on a witch hunt.

Are these people able to survive on their own? Finally I understand the stigma.

reported

Well played!

are you baiting or are you legit retarded?

>can beat anything that isn't pirate warrior
>only play pirate warriors

>giantfin plays into repentance
>mage plays into eye for an eye
>everyone plays into redemption/kodo tirion
why is hydrologist the mvp of paladin?

Nice argument. This is exactly why men are cancer.

>Lacking compassion is the definition of a sociopath
>NO IT ISN'T I'M NOT A SOCIOPATH! I just don't give a shit about anyone but myself. That doesn't make me a sociopath [it literally does]!
>Yeah, you're a sociopath
>THIS IS BAIT!!!

kekasaurus rekt

>it doesn't matter what the number was besides like if it was the second last card in the other guys deck