Is there a better NEW car under $20k?

> 2017 Civic Hatch
> Turbo and 6-speed manual
> $700 tune unlocks 210+hp, no-lift-shift
>

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/thegarage.jalopnik.com/this-cheap-tune-gives-you-the-honda-civic-si-hatch-that-1794875883/amp
hondata.com/flashpro-2016-civic
youtube.com/watch?v=ZtpX6BPjTks
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not really. The Fiesta is awesome too, but it has a smaller wheelbase and is more fun to drive on twisty roads, though it sacrifices a lot on the highway.

Plug-n-play tune give you several more pounds of boost
and removes a bunch of electronic nannies from the manual trans.

$20,500 car with more power than a $25k Civic Si

google.com/amp/thegarage.jalopnik.com/this-cheap-tune-gives-you-the-honda-civic-si-hatch-that-1794875883/amp

Spare yourself the hassle and just the get hrv.
crossover suck aside
>Real civic like size and aesthetic
>Old civic engine so we know its trialed
>good cvt
>decent cargo space and room for passengers
>real world mpg is the shit

No.

Get an Elantra Sport. Need a hatch? Wait or the Elantra GT release.

does it have the trick no torque steer front suspension? an lsd?

>crossover suck aside
Suggesting a crossover? Gtfo!
>Real civic like size and aesthetic
K?
>Old civic engine so we know its trialed
Naw, tarbo
>good cvt
Oxymoron
>decent cargo space and room for passengers
K?
>real world mpg is the shit
H O N D A

No, it's a $20k Civic, not a $25k Civic Si.

Holy shit you are stupid

> $21,650

disqualified

No, you are cancer. Are you really on Veeky Forums suggesting CVTs and crossovers? KYS.

Your acting like your meme box civic is going to be "the shit".

Your 20k civic is going to turn into a 30k purchase for a fucking civic LX . Wake up user...You will lose.

No and I really want one. I am buying a car next year and I would love one of these, especially the EX

Then again your probably just some summer fag shitposting about shit you will never buy.

How?

The fucking OP is literally "make a $20k car".

Where do you see a huge list of mods?

Are you fucking stupid m8?

Nobody EVER pays sticker for any Korean car.

What are taxes and fees..Plus ops precious 70 tune which will also have a hourly rate attached to it. Jeez...you really are new to this.

>never been to a dealer
>doesn't know what a bait car is

>700$

oops

> $19,700 (paying sticker kek)
> +tax, title, licence
> $30,000?!?!?

You should about math and buying cars for your own good.

The tune is fucking a PLUG-N-PLAY scanner with a canner tuned. If you can program grandma's DVR you can handle this on your own in a half hour.

i hate how you fags give a fuck about hp when you never go faster than 60 mph anyway

Must suck to be a yankee, we have open roads and 75-85mph highways in Texas

>bait car

Into what my dude? Veloster? Elantra Sport is the only Hyundai product worth a damn right now.

>implying they will even give it to you for less than sticker
>Transportation fee
>sales tax
>waste tire fee
>inspection
>paperwork fee

lol...do you honestly think your just gunna get the car for 19k? AHahahahhahaa
that's not even adding in any extended warranties or wheel and tire protection plans for op curbing the shit out of his new ride or hitting some pothole etc etc

Keep trying kid. ahahahhahahahah holy shit you are a tool

buying new is retarded. just get a civic for 3k if you want an econobox or a nicer used car for your 20k.

Also I think new Honda come with lojack...if op wants to opt for that to protect his sweet new ride

HELL even if he doesn't opt for anything...all the fees bring the car above 20k...so you are still wrong.

I'm not gonna be doing 0-60 digs and tracking it.

It's $100/hp hatch with a manual 6 speed. How much more could you want at $20k?

I don't want to sleep on Pony cars, I want to be able to confidently pass on the freeway lol.

Wow, they really bend you over at the dealer huh?

Can't tell if trolling.

Keep pretending like your gunna wheel and deal your way out of those fees.

OK, as OP, I change the parameters of the thread to "find a better car with an MSRP under $20k"

So it qualifies, faggot.

There's two-three other dealers within 25 miles that would be glad to take $1500 off to get me put the door right at $20k.

Lrn2negotiate Beta fag

Why can't he?

Not everyone is as socially awkward as you where they can't negotiate on large purchases like new cars.

I'm not even trying to be hyper critical but seriously be realistic here. They will not lose money on that car. Its far too new and way too popular. Even if Op gets a "sweet deal". They is no negotiating on shit like transportation fees and a bunch others. Literally the tax and the transport fee and guaranteed. unless op does some seriously talking down off the sticker (highly unlikely) his 20k is already over. This being said...wait till the end of the year. Otherwise its not happening.
Once again everyone needs to stop pretending to be amazing at negotiating. The dealer will not lose a dime on this car. You might think your getting a sweet deal...but in reality they are still on top.

>He pays for extendend warranties on new cars
There's your ignorance showing. Those warranties are literally useless third party scam artists.

The "finance" guy sending credit apps to banks for you is getting paid commission to finance these literally worthless "warranties" in to your car thats already had factory warrany new.

Ok. What nicer used car would you get with 20k?

Why would you pay the dealer for a car he already paid for and had sent to his lot?

Quit justifying getting cucked by a dealer and learn to negotiate.

wrong in some sense. Of course cars come with warranties stock...but if the buyer pleases they can extend the time its good for. A buddy of mine had some car I forget which one...and opted to extend it when he bought it. This turned out to be a good idea because right after the the mileage for the initial one came he had some major issue. Thankfully he was covered because the new warranty. He did have to pay labor though but that's a given

i went with the elantra sport

Well honestly I forgot to mention some dealers don't even include that. So for arguments sake..its there so they can make their money back. That's not to say a dealer who doesn't have it written on the invoice wont try to bug you about it. Remember this is sales and they don't have to sell you shit...someone will come in the next day and buy it in full and never worry about the haggle or anything. Anyways I'm off . Good luck user.

Options?
Price?

v6 accord, g37 manuel, infiniti m45, ls430/460, any number of interesting cars on craigslist for

i didn't get the premium package, not worth $2000 extra for nav when it already has android auto / apple car play

i paid just a lick over 20 OTD

N E W
E
W

holy shit 2k for nav? Unless your like super troubled when it comes to finding things...idk man

And that a 6speed with 180hp turbo?

I know that you know that he knew that he meant New Cars. Can you do better on a new car.

>gook cars

the 2k also includes a moonroof and premium stereo i believe. all features not a major deal to me.
yeah it's a 6MT with 201hp and 195lb-ft of torque. i've clocked just over 6.5 seconds to 60 in it. pretty quick.

le racist meme

>Warning
>Within the USA this product is legal only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a public highway.

hondata.com/flashpro-2016-civic

Why would this be illegal?

>201hp
>26mpg city / 33mpg hwy
I'll pay a bit more for a better package.

in practice i get much better mileage on mine

The difference is I don't need to drive conservatively to get your numbers.

‰20 or $5k more...

no doubt honda does very well with their efficiency.

the main reason i didn't want the SI is because everyone has a civic, its very over stylized imo, and sadly, mexicans steel the wheels off of nice hondas down here in socal all the time.

Does the steering wheel have volume control? The EX trim is everything I want in a car except the touch screen volume control sounds atrocious.

i heard they added a volume knob after tons of people shit on it for not having one

Liability reasons. They don't want to get sued when some faggot crashes on the highway and then they claim that it was the tune or some other bullshit that made them crash.

If you're going to blow $20k on a gookbox you might as well go the extra mile and get something that'll last and have a better resale value.

>the main reason i didn't want the SI is because everyone has a civic
You might as well just get a Mazda if you wanted to be a special snowflake.

i bought my elantra sport new. i'm planning on keeping this car for a long time. the depreciation and resale value are a moot point to me.

eh, i drove the mazda 3 and didn't really fall in love with it.

when i walk out to the parking lot i can spot my bright blue elantra easily and it makes me smile. i'm not sure i ever would have got that vibe when i look for a civic in a sea of them.

"off-road use only" or "racing use only" has long been a way for aftermarket parts suppliers to cover their asses in case some dipshit gets in trouble for having a modified car.

it basically absolves them of any real legal liability if somebody modifies their car when they're not supposed to (like in California for example) and gets in trouble. by saying the product is for off-road or racing use only the company can claim that you were using it outside of it's intended purpose and then deny to help you in any way.

no idea how well that works from a legal standpoint but there you have it

>Resale value
>On an economy car

It will be worth $5k in 2025 when he's done paying it off.

The golf gti doesn't work in the under 20k category, comming in at 25k but it should be a consideration. Overall better / faster than the Civic and it doesn't look like a racer boi car.

Just as fun at less than half the price

Look how ugly it is lmao

Don't civics retain value well?

>tune a brand new car
Yea just fuck the warranty right?

Not really. That 19700 will be like 15k by next year and after that drop to 12

Sweet, I wanted a car after graduation, picking this up in a year or so for that price would be so great

Your retarded. Bait as in they set the price low but will charge you thousands in "fees" to make it all back.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZtpX6BPjTks

>rebuilt compressors are bad
>no one sells them new anymore
what does he mean?

How is that "bait" and not standard practice on every new car on the lot? How does this excuse your right to negotiate for a lower bottom line price despite already knowing this information? How are you calling anybody else retarded when you're the one attempting to discuss topics you have little experience with?

Let's run the numbers. Negotiate it down $1,500 (if you can't do atleast that much, just end your life) so,
18,200 - Car
875 - Destination fee
1,365 - Tax (7.5% in my area)
84.50 - Registration
695 - Tune

A total of $21,219.50. So explain to me how you're retarded ass got 30k.

You're pretty fucking retarded. They need to move the units. That other person was going to buy in full regardless of what you do. So instead of making 2 sales, they only made 1. They will negotiate and you can get some decent savings from MSRP.

>Why would this be illegal?
emissions, if it's not intended for street use it isn't regulated by emissions requirements.

Same here. 17.5 after all the taxes and bullshit.

Thanks user. Cheap car is cheap and TTL applies to all car purchases.

>Hyundai

If you need to tell the world you are white trash I would suggest spending that on 20 old cavaliers or neons

Better than a Hyundai, a manual Elantra will be worth $1500 in 5 years to a dealer at auction, because it's a nigger car and niggers can't drive a stick

$1500?
i'll take 2.

OP here, so just to rexap: no there is not a better car for $20k MSRP.

Every Honda dealer has used civics $1000 below new civics.

>200kg heavier than a FiST
>Same MSRP

Probably disables traction control

Weighs 2700-2900, $19,700
FIST weighs 2700+ $21,100+

>700 to get less electronic assistance and ECU to use more power

How is people ok with this bullshit?

le fuck off to red.dit

>remember that it took FBI and wikileaks

So you mean that a person investigated for being shady as fuck almost won? how is that positive.

so about Hyundai's sportier cars/trims

do they ever get rid of how mindnumbingly boring it feels to steer a Hyundai car? They're all electric steering aren't they?

Speaking from personal experience of course

The shadiest fucker of all still won though.

>Spending 20k

Spend $1k on a civic/whatever of your aesthetic pleasing from craigslist
Spend $3k on paint/bodywork, or do it yourself (which we all know you don't know how to do anything)
Spend $3-6k on engine swap

Is this SoCal brotha? Sure looks like it and a Cali plate.

idk what trim my mom's Civic is but it's a 2017 and it has a volume knob on the center console and controls on the wheel.

I have no clue what I'm talking about but I'm pretty sure you only get the touch volume controls if you get the upgraded multimedia bullshit that gives you the bigger screen and makes it touch friendly. My mom's is a little 3-4 inch screen in the center that's not touch.

> OP specifies NEW
> suggest a junkyard project

I've bought multiple new cars. Cars priced close to MSRP means that's the true price. You won't be charged BS fees (if you go to a good dealership). Though it only applies to mass-selling cars like Corolla, not rare cars like The Type-R. That Hyundai is priced deceptively low to where you can't actually negotiate it because the dealership will say it's already very low. Then charge you BS fees to make MSRP.