>800bhp 6.5L V12
>electric steering to save fuel

What's the deal with that?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yUDB5gISxvU
youtube.com/watch?v=_qVeoFV3-R0
youtube.com/watch?v=J1ETo9HfOVM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's not to save fuel or money or anything like that. That happens to just be a side benefit in a Ferrari, although in an econobox that would be the main point of EPAS.

the diet coke approach, user

My dick is diamonds god damn that thing is beautiful

It saves gas by sapping less energy from the engine you idiots. Only less pump the engine has to power, one less belt accessory.

>this boat still uses hydraulic power steering
So is Bentley Veeky Forums approved?

>saves gas

Also
>can be integrated MUCH better with TC
>can be integrated much better with the rear wheel steering
>can apply torque to the steering wheel as a subtle suggestion to the driver to apply opposite lock before he or she ends up in a ditch

I could go on

inb4
>hurr nanny state car I don't want it giving me fake feedback
Flick the manettino to ESC off, problem solved.

There is literally no downside to an electric steering system when it is as well calibrated and integrated as the one in the 812. First units were shit and the ones fitted to the shitboxes Veeky Forums will be able to afford in a few years will be shit, but this one is getting nothing but praise.

compared to hydraulic it will have no real steering feel though
Current cars that still run HPAS include DB11, GTR, Mclarens, and they all get heaps of praise for steering feel.
Even cars like the 911R and MX5 have been criticised for poor steering feel so I think EPAS still has some way to go.

>15 ft 10 inches long
>no back seats
>luxurious materials replaced by fiber-reinforced plastic

>still weighs 5000 lbs

I think not.

It won't have "no real steering feel", it has less steering feel. Losing a few percent of "feel" for all the upsides you get with the 812 EPS is a no-brainer.

it's a bit more than a few percent though

Have you driven it? I'm guessing no, so can you link a review saying that?

I've not driven this Ferrari, no, but I've driven "good" cars with EPAS and it's always been worse than HPAS.
Actually, once it was possibly better but that was a home built setup, not a stock factory car.

Well I can find no reviews claiming the 812 lacks any significant amount of feel in the steering. The complaints are that it's very fast, which takes a day or so to get used to.

For the petrolheads to feel right about the environment even tho their supercar is a rolling oil rig

Sure, same as turbocharging a car is a 'no-brainer' on paper.

NA is for cuckholds

Most reviewers gloss over poor steering feel these days as it's a fact of life, and in general are rarely critical of high end cars.
For example now that the new 911 GT3 is out reviewers are saying the 911R steering is poor, but they didn't say it at the time.
hopefully watching this gets the noggin joggin
youtube.com/watch?v=yUDB5gISxvU

>lives in dubai
>dad's best friend ordered one
>tfw dad just owns a 458 italia
>dad is secretly jealous

Steve Suitcliffe or however you spell it said the steering was shit in his video.

turbos are cheats for people who can't make proper engines

Are you that guy with the F430?

t. cuckhold

Way to completely miss the point.

>being this obsessed by black dicks
hmmm

>being a cuckhold
rotflmao

Uh no. I own a RC350 FS.

Doesnt that EXP 6 concept car still weigh like 4600 lbs

You have all the money in the world and you drive a Lexus?

>You have all the money in the world and you drive a Lexus?

>Most reviewers gloss over poor steering feel these days as it's a fact of life

I dunno about that, a lot of the reviews I skimmed through in the last 30 or so minutes were comparing the 812 to the F12, which was hydraulic. So unless hydraulic Ferrari steering is also bad, the 812 probably isn't that terrible.

>now that the new 911 GT3 is out reviewers are saying the 911R steering is poor

Aren't there over a year of development work separating the two cars? That's a lot of calibration time. Also, aren't the R and the GT3 marketed as different tools, so to speak? What I'm trying to say is that the 911 R and the GT3 might differ because of the additional development time, but also because their steering was tuned differently on purpose.

??????
In the video Sutcliffe says it feels "hyper-fast" on the track but that it's because he isn't used to the rear wheel steering, and when he's driving it on the road he says "This new EPAS works really nicely on the track but if anything I think it works even better on the road."

It has a V10 from the gods and looks great, it more than gets a free pass. The RC350 is just crap tier, something like an E92 M3 shits on it in every metric.

>What I'm trying to say is that the 911 R and the GT3 might differ because of the additional development time, but also because their steering was tuned differently on purpose.
If anything, the R should have the better steering feel because the entire point of the R was the feeling of driving it, the experience. The GT3 and GT3 RS were more focused on track times, hence they were PDK only (and only just added a manual option again).

Bu..but I wanted it so much.

Yeah you're right. I still think they could have achieved a lot in the time that passed between the R and the new GT3 calibration-wise, but you're right in that the R should have been better than all their cars at the time in terms of feel.

Go to 7:12.

youtube.com/watch?v=_qVeoFV3-R0

"This new EPAS system in the 812 is fucking wank, I hate it. It feels like I'm driving a PS2 game. I want to go home."

-Steve Sutcliffe

I read from an article that around 60% of the orderes for the 812 are from the middle east. Jesus Christ stop ordereing this like hotcakes!

At 7:12 he says "It's trying to light the rear end up at the top of 4th gear there"

I watched the entire video before I posted my previous reply, you're a bad troll, go away.

Go to 11:31 to hear him praise the EPAS btw

That`s because you can`t criticize Ferraris if you actually want to review Ferraris in the future.

The reviewers are actually showering this thing in compliments, apart from the looks.

Most of them seem to dislike the front end, which is actually the part I was pretty okay with. I really like the side profile too, my issue was with the rear in general, I wasn't sure about the semi-recessed quad taillights and it all looked a little downs-syndrome-y but it's warming on me.

lolwhat, Chris Harris called them out for having tuned-up press cars, was banned from reviewing them, got hold of a 458 anyway and did some hektik skidz and not only is he back reviewing Ferraris, he held one of, if not the only, officially sanctioned comparisons between the P1, 918 and the LaFerrari.

The only thing that matters to them is exposure, why do you think they're letting retards like Supercars of London and the rest of that gang come to the press meets/reviews? They get a lot of views, doesn't matter if all they say is "Wow it's fast but it definitely needs an exhaust", they get a lot of views and that's what matters.

>They get a lot of views, doesn't matter if all they say is "Wow it's fast but it definitely needs an exhaust", they get a lot of views and that's what matters.
That just reminded me of this video youtube.com/watch?v=J1ETo9HfOVM

>Chris Harris called them out for having tuned-up press cars, was banned from reviewing them, got hold of a 458 anyway

Not everyone gets a chance like that. Most are lucky to even get their hands on some kind of supercar.

Why should i care about this heap of shit arab arm chair?

I'd rather see a new supra or a real skyline desu

The best Porsche steering was probably the 996 GT3 and that is 15 years old.
It's not like Porsche can't do good steering, but electric steering is difficult (impossible) to get right.
12 months extra development time on a hydraulic setup would yield more impressive results.
Also Ferraris have had comparatively shitty steering for a long time now. Too fast, too reactive, too light, no textural feel, no g-force feel.
The McLarens have the best steering in that market sector.