Anyone here know much about the Night Rod from Harley Davidson? I love the look and am thinking of getting one...

Anyone here know much about the Night Rod from Harley Davidson? I love the look and am thinking of getting one. Just want an honest opinion on performance.

HDs shake like a motherfucker so invest in some fat grips and check your hardware frequently. They are notorious for burning and leaking oil but I have yet to ever see a stain under a new one. Parts can be expensive because you are definitely paying for the name. All in all if you like it get it

I'm not a bike person but goddamn that is nice.

>Just want an honest opinion on performance.

>120HP
>300Kg

its shite

you want a fast cruiser you get a Vmax or Diavel

Or a valkyrie, scout, chief, rocket 3

Well, assuming you understand why Harley Davidson bikes are a bad value overall, I would venture to say that the Night Rod is probably one of the coolest and most bad ass motorcycles they make. Keep in mind this is coming from a sport bike guy so I don't really like cruisers. I really love the sporty characteristics of it (neutral foot pegs, 240 rear tire, dual front disc brakes, etc...) and the dark horse-esque look to it. I think it's overpriced but I would definitely own one if I had money to blow. These will honestly take most 600s from a dig in a 1/8th mile

And to add to that, I would say you should check out the Yamaha V-Max instead. If I remember the specs correctly, they have an 1800cc variant that is v4 so that right there is pretty much GG as far as I am concerned. Unless you have a particular hard on for HD (some people do), I'd get the V-Max instead. It also looks similar

I can smell underage insecurities in this lol

Boner every time

>huurly

>240 rear tire

>a completely oversized cantlean fat tire is "sporty" now

i guess you are american?

>dragracing is not a sport

What?

They are absolutely horrible from 60-70 mph where they seem to hit a natural frequency and vibrate.

I drove one for a bit but didn't OWN it. It's much faster than you think, I was pleasantly surprised, and I ride 1000cc sport bikes. Not tosay it was THAT fast, but better than you think. It's reliable. It's a bit long IMO. It handles very neutral, and not in a good way. It almost had no road feel, very floaty.

Ignore anyone who instantly shits on Harley. They were some of the most reliable bikes I ever owned. They don't all shake apart, but they are designed to be "that" kind of bike. The sportster and dyna are the worst culprits. All in all, they are pretty cool bikes, but I like Harley for cruising, so I wouldn't buy one, but you'll like the bike.

BTW Veeky Forums literally shits on Harley based on a South park cartoon. Most have never owned one.

I think we just figured out where the Civic Type R got its inspiration.

This is a pretty reasonable assessment. To put "Harley" and "performance" in the same post is laughable, but if you MUST own a Harley this is one of the least objectionable.

>0-60 mph
3.5 sec
>1320 (1/4 mile)
11.5 sec

Wow, this thread is full of idiots.

The VRod has the Revolution engine, which does not feel anything like a normal Harley. People compare the VRod to that "soul-less" Jap-cruiser bike feel, but with loads of torque.

The rest of the Harley lineup has that iconic "HD-vibe" and feel that people pay extra for.

I was debating between a Night Rod and a Sporty myself earlier this year. Went with the Sporty because it was cheaper and easier to flick around corners.

VRods are good weekend city cruisers and drag bikes. I wouldn't mind getting one at some point but my Sporty is keeping me happy for now. I've owned many motorcycles ranging from fast Jap bikes to Euro TT bikes.

The Sporty isn't fast. It isn't the prettiest. It doesn't get the best fuel economy. But damn it has personality.

The only other bike I've ever owned with that much "feel" to it was my old Speed Triple R. Loved that thing. Never should have gotten rid of it.

It was designed by porsche too.

>"HD-vibe" and feel that people pay extra for.
It's not even extra anymore. Go price up all the comparable bikes, Harley is often times the cheapest and rarely the most expensive. A good looking, but shitty plastic Fury cost more than almost all the sportsters.

*designed by Porsche and Ruinedâ„¢ by Harley.

these bikes are for old people

and not even the fun ones