Tell me why i shouldn't buy this, fix the body, swap a 3S-GE into it and enjoy this '80s shitbox into the sunset

Tell me why i shouldn't buy this, fix the body, swap a 3S-GE into it and enjoy this '80s shitbox into the sunset

southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/6165501774.html

>3500

fucking initial D making people think all 80's corollas are worth something

wouldnt even be worth $500

>3,5k for a 34 years old rusted shitbox

You initial d retards should just drive off a cliff.

>ae86
>single cam
what

i have never watched initial d

and who said Im buying it for $3500. the most i'd pay for it is $1800

but this thread wasn't for people like you.

who are you?

FOUR HUNDRED AND TWENTY THOUSAND MILES

THREE AND A HALF THOUSAND DOLLARS

you people don't ascribe any sentimental value to anything do you

>420k motor replaced with 120k engine?
>ONWER

WHAT THE FCK

Im you but stronger

If op knows what he is doing and can wrench, it can bring a great dd with some care and repair. Don't get me wrong, you probably underestimate the amount of work involved. Unless you have somewhere to store and shelter it from weather because chances are it will take a long time to work on it. But drive it for half an hour and see how you feel behind the wheel. You will know if it's worth it or not

Also rust

yeah I emailed him asking about the rust

>sr5

did you not read what I said. or are you just illiterate?

this is the only 80s toyota worth buying

slow heavy POS with little aftermarket?

lol no.

enjoy your meme car

Is this bait

I will. its stupid fun to toss around a corner.

unlike the celica supra which i have driven before.

fun to cruise but thats pretty much it.

No. read through the thread.

You're an autist and don't know what you're talking about
>drum brakes
>no lsd
>needs an entire rear end swap to have either

>implying i wouldnt upgrade all that when i redo the entire car

boy Im finna roast your dumb ass

it's not an AE86 since only ae86's were made in Japan, completely different chasis in America

Nice pipe dreams buddy. Just wait for a decently priced gts to come around you end up spending less anyway.

Tons of people have wanted to gts swap their sr5 parts are expensive or hard to come by.

Wrong

enjoy your 0 aftermarket (in the US) for that BEAMS, nerd.

INI-SHAL DEE

Fucking RCR retard. Chassis code is ae86 on the sr5 and gts. Vin is ae88 on the gts, ae86 on the sr5.

What's funny is the SR5/DX (DX is the auto I think) actually share more in common with the 85, Single cam carbureted engine (Granted it's a 1.6 here) no optional LSD, no rear disc brakes.

You're wrong. Stop parroting RCR and research things yourself.

That's not the aw11

dont pay him no mind user..rage your dream

virtually any RWD japanese 80's shitbox is going for that much. even the regular corolla TEXX's, Celicas, and datsun/nissan's.

This. Every "sporty" 80s box in usable condition won't go for less than $3k now.

OP's car with those awful wheel arches shouldn't though. That's a big piece of shit that probably has holes in the floor pan and rotting strut towers.

do it

It's actually AE85 on the SR5 muh dude.
>Jap Market:
Takumi car: AE86
Itsuki car: AE85
>US Market:
GTS: AE88
SR5: AE85
By the way, I'm not the dude you're replying to and I don't watch regular fur reviews.

i'm not sure if i'm getting trolled, but just in case

ae85s were only available JDM
the AE85s have fewer chassis reinforcements, and was only available with a 3A-U engine

every other AE86 anywhere else in the world has an AE86 chassis

If the Stock engine in the car wasn't a 3A-U then it's an AE86

Is there a difference in chassis stamping and vin stamping? I'm 99.999% sure my old SR5 was an AE85 vin number and I'm a burger and 100% sure it was a burger market car.

yes
he's right in saying the US VINs will read ae85 for the sr5 and ae88 for the GTS

but the VIN number isn't the Chassis number

the chassis number will read AE86 for both cars

Fucking nasty as shit, I wouldn't pay more than $550 for this.

Fuck, my bad.

What the fuck is up with that nigger rigged trim? Did someone take a sledgehammer to it?

Rust "repair"

good luck talking down from $3k you cuck

whats up with that mouth of yours?

You kiss your mother with it?

No, but I kiss your mom with it

You sure it was an sr5? The sr5s I've seen started with JT2AE86.

I can get a nicer Lexus for less than 3k.

Fuck this seller.

oh you can find a light weight rwd lexus with an awesome aftermarket and tons of information on forums as well as a huge cult following of people that'll help you out?

yeah didnt think so.

Lexus' are cool and all, especially the sc300/is300 but it doesnt come anywhere close to the AE86's cult like status.

You probably see these cars as strictly street cars but I plan on taking it to the track.

At least with this, you are guaranteed a lifetime supply of pussy.

>A-a-a-at least with this

Shut the fuck up

So you are one of those Supreme gentleman that think if you have 15 yr old luxury car, girls will fuck you.

Embarrassing. I'm willing to bet you don't have a car or worse you drive your parents car.

Nice projection you fucking faggot.

>M-MUH CULT FOLLOWING

Fucking hick fag.

I'm willing to bet you are a fucking welfare leeching orphan neet who thinks that having a meme car is living the american dream.

Go ahead, buy your bondo-infested shitbox, I hope you die in a traffic accident by a Chad getting sucked by Tracey in a brand new Camaro which is 100% more of a car than your japshit will ever be.

Fucking weeb.

what do hicks have anything to do with a cult following of a car?

lol fucking idiot.

i have 2 cars and a job from where I can work remotely. Enjoy your boring life and keep the /r9k/ tier memes to yourself my man

Because of the metric fuck ton of rust....

Wayyyy too much rust on that one. They'd be very lucky to sell it for $500.

KEK@ "Int is in pretty decent shape" (pic related)