Suburban general
Overlanding general
Shitposting general

Other urls found in this thread:

tucson.craigslist.org/cto/6185067066.html
seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/6160625082.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why is quadrasteer so rare? i want one but never find any for sale

Expensive option at the dealership that most didn't think was worth the extra money. You looking for a Suburban or a pickup?

either. just want one. i dont even care if its 2wd

Check ebay regularly and don't be afraid to fly to one and drive it back if you find the right deal. Just test drive it and make sure the quadrasteer system is in good working order before any money changes hands. It's not unreliable but if you buy one that's already busted, fixing it could prove expensive.

user with the stumbling Cherokee from last thread.

I've noticed now after pissing with it for a few minutes that it's inconsistent. It seems to coincide with me hitting bumps or just shaking the vehicle in general. I was test driving it after cleaning the throttle body and It was doing fine until I hit some railroad tracks and it started backfiring and stumbling like it was running way rich or something. Pulled over to the side of the road and killed it, then started it back up and it ran fine all the way back home. So I'm guessing it's Probably a loose cable since I just changed the battery (it wasn't doing this before I swapped the batteries out). Will a 4.0 not stay running with the battery cable loose/disconnected?

i basically know a few people with them who would only sell them upon their death.

>01 Tundra
>250k km
>ext cab, vee ait 4.7
>frame is mint

why shouldn't I get it?

It's the worst fullsize pickup available from the time period and yet it likely costs the most.

>It's the worst fullsize pickup available from the time period

[citation needed]

yeah it isn't a heavy tower, but "worst truck from the time period"? explain yourself

>likely costs the most

friend is selling it to me for $2500 because there's a leakage on the exhaust manifold. That's the only "problem"

Bumpin from this weekend's trip innawoods

>mfw asked about tips for owning an older Chevy
>massive shit posting ensues

If your alternator is dying, sure.

You should get a girlfriend.

Sounds like a sketchy ground to me.

I'm seeing someone at the moment... We'll see how serious things get with her. My biggest issue is I work too much at the moment.

I just meant so you'd have someone to take non shaky pictures. Let your lady friend take some.

>inherit 1998 4runner from dad
>Its RWD
Should I just kill myself? Can this thing even offroad?

Yes.
No.

SAS or kys. Might be able to build it as a prerunner if you tried.....

And some fucking new pictures. I'm not even that much of a regular in these threads anymore and i still see you fags recycling the same images over and over.

Nonsense. We only post new pictures here.

Nothing but the freshest OC here :^)

Agreed

:^)

Not him, but ive never actually seen this photo posted here. How much body/suspension lift would you say is on that suburban? Thats kinda how i would like mine to look size wise.

took my isuzu out innadesert last weekend for some camping and desert adventures. just the dirt roads though. want to get some better tires before I go into softer dirt or sand

That's a 3" body lift and ~2" of torsion key crank.
If you've got a 1500, it's also an extra 1" front and ~3" taller in the back due to being a 2500.

That picture was all over ORG back in 2012/2013. Here's another oldie.

Suburbatards can't even talk to each other without sperging

10/10 would patrol the mojave in again

>implying there's more than one

fucking phone camera

Good point

>tfw bought a suburban 1500
>its AWD, not 4WD
Probably doesn't even matter, I'm just paranoid about it being more complicated, fragile, and expensive. Anybody know much about gmt800 AWD suburbans?

I have records of previous owner having front axle assembly replaced and it was more than 2000$ just for the part. I do NOT want to go through that and probably (hopefully) won't but don't want to put much money and effort into something that isn't a good platform to build my off roader in the first place.

that thing is mint
is it 4wd?

it is (4 high and 4 low), and for 223k miles its in great shape. except the front is slightly fucked up from an accident that happened with a previous owner. I grabbed a grille from a junk yard that will fit but the bumper needs to be straightened out first

do you plan to mod it?

don't have the money right now but I've been thinking of a bull bar or maybe a cargo rack up top. dont want to mess with the clearance or tire size though I like how it is stock for the most part. finding after market stuff for it has been a nightmare though, isuzu never caught on in America like other brands sadly

Another new symptom while out driving. It tends to get worse as I come to a stop, then it smoothes out. Alternator being bad was funny enough the first thing I checked. It puts out ~13.5 volts, which is apparently around where it should be. I just tested fuel pressure and it was at ~50 PSI, which is also in range for the fuel pump. That just leaves a vacuum leak or a bad ECU, since it isn't throwing any codes at me (even when I pulled a plug wire).

The one thing I know about them is that you can swap the transfer case for a real one.

just get yourself a decent set of tires
they can make a world of difference

sketchy injector maybe? sticks closed, causing loss of a cylinder (or two, if it's multiple injectors being shits) because no fuel = no bang

Something else I just found. No cat and the o2 sensors just unplugged and hanging above the aftermarket muffler. I wouldn't think it would cause a misfire this bad though. It should also throw a code, no?

Your check engine light isn't working, homeboy.

It comes on when I first put the key in, though.

tucson.craigslist.org/cto/6185067066.html

I really like the cheesy red interior. Good starting point, fellow Burbatards?

Are zukes /org/ approved?
seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/6160625082.html

Auto trac is a little bit more of pain if you're going to lift it later. Other than that, the bad heated mirror glass, and the red interior, it looks good.

I meant its actual function, not its ability to illuminate.

If you're not serious about buying that, go fuck yourself. If you are, go buy it, now. Make him feel small by giving him $2900, but buy it. Again, if not, go fuck yourself.

i really want it, my brother had one for about 14 years and it went through hell and back many times and never stranded us.
not sure i can swing the cash on that one right now though

So get a loan. It'll take like what, ten months to pay off at $250 a month, plus a little extra some months when you don't have shit else to buy?

Recently picked up a 2006 Colorado 4x4
How'd I do boys? I've taken it on some Mojave trails that is about it so far. Want to get better tires and a small lift.

Keep in mind, I'd be buying that cash tonight if it wasn't 2461.7mi at from me. Don't miss out.

Colorado seats sit fucking weird. Feels like a cheap sedan, but you're in a truck. Legs are supposed to go down from truck seats, not straight out like a car. No idea on how capable they are, couldn't get over the seating.

I'd say you did good, my girlfriend owns one and I've driven it lots. Does yours have the 5cylinder?

i have two 4x4s and 5 bikes already and no space for it, room to park it is my biggest issue

>I meant its actual function, not its ability to illuminate.

...are they two separate things? does it not go straight to the ECU?

That's five too many bikes.

I'll admit I've never encountered it, but if you're having that many problems and your PCM isn't giving you a fault code, something is wrong.

>swing the cash
So is cash the problem, or is it room?

yes
i cant really justify it for both reasons but ill be damned if i dont want it.
>would fit in the back yard because it would be small enough to get out through the alley gate

>That's five too many bikes.
dead to me user.

>PCM isn't giving you a fault code, something is wrong.

like I said, I checked all the usual culprits and nothings come up out of the ordinary. at this point the only thing I can point a finger at would be the ECU itself or maybe a shot TPS.

yeah feels like I'm driving a lifted car it's weird but I'm used to it
Yeah the i5 3.5 I made a ram air out of a k&n and some pipe pic related if anyone cares
>inb4 missing a cylinder

>plot twist

You need a technician. I'd gladly help you out if you're close. Where you at?

>You need a technician. I'd gladly help you out if you're close. Where you at?

South Dakota. so probably not close. what I don't get is its intermittent. it isn't an all-the-time thing. it just randomly starts running like shit for a while. sometimes it goes away, sometimes it doesn't. all the while there's no light. but like I said, I pulled the plug to cylinder 2 and it didnt throw a light either, even though it was very noticably missing.

It has to notice multiple drive cycles with the same issue before triggering the light. And yeah, you're a few thousand miles away, sorry. Find an Aamco in your area, they almost always give free diagnostics. If not, maybe you can pay someone to figure it out, I know not everyone here is poor but you have to assume. Good luck, user, don't give up.

Watch that 3.5 for a dropped valve seat. They're notorious for it regardless of maintenance.

Seats in mine are terrible. My old ZR2 has WAY better seats.

too lazy to read back up, have you already done plugs and wires?
dizzy cap and rotor if applicable?
is the misfire always on the same cylinder?

Yep that's really bad that basically tells the car how rich or lean it needs to run based on the exhaust, also kills your mpg. Had mine go out rough shifting and fucked up idle

>not having 37s or a turbo

did plugs, gonna do cap, rotor, and wires when I get paid. they didnt LOOK to be in bad shape, though.

>is the misfire always on the same cylinder?
I'm not sure. it just randomly starts tripping over itself and backfiring and jerking the fuck out of the drivetrain (starts chirping tires real bad since its torquey as fuck and its a stick shift). like I said if I stomp my foot to the floor during this it revs up normally (albeit I quickly start speeding so I slow down). it only really does this at half throttle. if I go WOT it goes away for a minute.

>Yep that's really bad that basically tells the car how rich or lean it needs to run based on the exhaust, also kills your mpg. Had mine go out rough shifting and fucked up idle

THAT badly? I had a 91 toyota with BOTH o2 sensors disconnected (then only 1 for a while) and all I got was a little hesitation(and shitty mpg)

i know my truck had some similar issues, it was a combination of shitty fuel pressure, bad wires and a carbon traced cap
still gets the bucks when its cold and i try to take off up a hill too slow occasionally.
i have the same issue with the check engine light not tripping when i pull the o2 sensor too

Just got my new transmission for the K5 from monster transmissions. Plan to have it installed, along with the front locker, by the end of the weekend. So then July 4th holiday weekend, July 1st and 2nd, we can hit up Rausch creek.

Any of you guys down for coming out, should have a 3-4 4WDs coming out.

>bogged in 3 inches of mud

That is Rausch creek in Tremont Pennsylvania, gonna do blue and black trails, may try Crawl daddy trail (which is a red trail)

Sounds like it could be the throttle position sensor.

>stock f-150 from the 90s
what are you expecting?

Where / what should I look at / for if I want an offroader for cheap? I basically just want it for going to the gun range since I'm tired on losing a tire on my shitbox every time I go.

>gets stuck in tractor ruts running slicks and bottom out
>dude how the hell did you get stuck

>you should have been driving faster before you hit the mud... LOL

This.
You could have just hydroplaned over everything but you bitched out and got stuck.

>hydroplaned
i'm not sure you understand how hydroplaning works

Well, as per suggests, it COULD be the tps. The check engine light also definitely works because it came on the second I unplugged the tps. It also isn't driving quite as erratic as it was before (although it still wants to bog down occasionally). Plug wires, cap and rotor didn't quite help, but were probably overdue anyway.

I was going 50

Clearly that wasn't fast enough, you could have gone faster...

>bogged in 6 inches of mud
>getting stuck in 2wd

Few nights ago a low hanging brake line behind the rear axle got caught on something while driving through ruts and now I don't really have rear brakes. Then last night I sunk my truck to the floor and I'm pretty sure my U joints are fucked. And that bumper I made is fucked right up now.

At least I don't have school for a couple months so I actually have time to fix this.

Here you go, /ORG/. Using my roamingdata not to show you my Northern Ontario Overland pictures but this thing that I had to flip a U-turn around to Photograph

Did you get stuck at boundary in the fire place? Lmao dude. I started my journey there and had to pull out three kids in a Dodge Ram 2wd who were looking for scrap metal and got stuck right as I showed up

How's the winch btw? Annoying af as my tundra tested had no instructions.

destroy this pos faggot mobile

Maybe he means hydrolocked

It was right in the middle of the pond in the pits. And I still need to either make a bumper now or just make a winch plate now. Gotta spend my money on other stuff this weekend though.

You want my winch plate for my FJ80? It's just sitting around doing nothing right now.

Hey, that rig sorta makes sense if you need to take 9 people and a fifthwheel somewhere. Not so much for anything else though....

How do I get into some good tires on a budget? I almost just got stuck in my 4runner trying offroad with slicks like an idiot