So I'm about to move from Texas to Florida where my brother is, and I'm in an odd spot right now...

So I'm about to move from Texas to Florida where my brother is, and I'm in an odd spot right now. I have a 2004 Ford Explorer. I was going to rent a U-Haul trailer to move my stuff from Texas to Florida, however, because of lawsuits U-Haul doesn't rent to Explorer owners. Renting a truck and then a trailer to tow my Explorer would cost like 5 times the amount of just getting the trailer. I was wondering about ways to get around that. If I were to use my dad's Durango and rent the trailer, do they check which vehicle you have when you turn it in? Maybe I could have my brother return it. Does anybody know any helpful info?

Other urls found in this thread:

houston.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=trailer&sort=rel&max_price=700
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just pay the money. Moving will require more space than the small uhaul trailer. 15ft truck minimum.

Besides, it's tax deductible so you be fine as long as you can afford it up front. Just keep all receipts

I'm only moving a bedroom set. Smallest trailer is all I need.
I can't afford it up front. $370 vs $1400 is a big difference. Not to mention gas for driving.

Why don't you already own a trailer? Just buy or build a trailer and then you have one.

>tax deductible
Do you even know what that means? He doesn't get all the money back on taxes dude.

>being this much of a poorfag
Stay put and get a job.

Enjoy getting pulled out in front of with 90 year olds that have no depth perception.

>because of lawsuits U-Haul doesn't rent to Explorer owners.

lol wtf

You can buy good trailers for like $500 dude. Then you own it. Here ya go Texas fag.

houston.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=trailer&sort=rel&max_price=700

It's true. And it's because of faulty tires from Firestone from back in the early 2000s

How much shit do you have? Take what you can in your car and put the rest in storage. If you are getting a little tow trailer then you cant have much. Making two trips will be cheaper than renting a truck. If its to big to fit in the car throw it in the trash and rebuy it later.

just say its a ford expedition
the nigga hooking up the trailer doesn't give a fuck

B-but you would think someone would change their tires after a decade, don't you think?

Apparently they don't think so

>I was going to rent a U-Haul trailer to move my stuff from Texas to Florida, however, because of lawsuits U-Haul doesn't rent to Explorer owners.
Tell them it's a Mercury Mountaineer. The only difference is the badge, but for some reason, U-Haul is okay with it.

U-Haul would not check what vehicle you actually hooked up the trailer to when you drop the trailer off after 5pm....

They literally have a dropbox on their doors so that you can drop off the trailer at any time of day, even if the office itself is closed.

>I'm in an odd spot right now.
Make sure your insurance has coverage if you are going to fool U-Haul by using your banned Explorer. You might even have your insurance add on a towed trailer rider for that month's coverage.

If I had to, I'd just rent a U-Haul van that the bedroom set can fit into and drive it down to Florida. I'd get a one-way ticket back home and then drive my Explorer down with the rest of the items in the Explorer. Because you're taking more stuff with the explorer, that U-haul you're renting for the bulky bedroom set can be smaller. Don't know if you can fit it into one of those longish U-haul cargo minivans. It seems those could carry any bedroom set excluding the mattress.

The advantage of driving the Explorer down is that I can do that more leisurely and explore a few sights along the way to Florida.

This

Sure, we have no emissions testing and chill as fuck cops that won't give a shit if you're speeding down the interstate, but the amount of geriatrics plus the stupid preppy kids and the boring roads make it unbearable.

It wasn't shitty Firestone tires, Ford marked the cold inflation too low

>Renting a truck and then a trailer to tow my Explorer

Thinking outside the box van, why not get a friend to go with you? Call it a mini-vacation for your friend. You drive the Uhaul and he drives the explorer (make sure his insurance is valid for it). You pay all food expenses and stop by some sights along the way such as the space center in alabama. If you're going to Disney World anyways, you'll pop for that. The total cost will be less than the tow although you have more expenses than the minimum. But at least you and your friend have some more memories. You will pay for the one way ticket to send him back home of course.

there are other people besides uhaul that do trailer rentals.