Benchrace your helmets:
>crash.org.au/

Look at a map that never gets updated:
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Noob? Git gud:
Webms with sound:
Previously on r9k with bikes:

First for Honda a best before the 2000s

REEEEEEEEE I JUST WANT MY ENDORSMENT ALREADY BUT ALL THE CLASSES NEAR ME ARE BOOKED FOR TWO WEEKS

walk in instead

I know, I know.

Ok, look, two threads ago I had this one ready but some other user beat me to it, so it's personal.

So let me get this straight

Americans don't need to do any tests to ride?

>nothing personnel kid

incorrect

How will that change anything about the classes being full famironi

If someone is 2 minutes late you can get their seat for free. You don't even have to pay, half the time. Just fuck someone over.

pretend like you were scheduled, print off a fake email with confirmation

Nope you have to pass a 25 question written exam
That's it though

this is why you are mostly terrible riders

>Implying

what's all that shit about MSF courses then?

are you kidding me

I had to do a 50 question exam and 4 tests.

ye, and like 4 days of tuition to pass the riding tests.

Technically all you need to ride around is a permit which is 25 questions. There's a bunch or restrictions like not being able to drive at night. Not sure about other states, but in CA the MSF waives the riding test.

Licensing is carried out by the state, not national government. In my state you take a 20 question multiple choice test to get your permit. A permit allows you to ride whatever you want but you're not allowed to ride at night or with a passenger. To get your full license you wait 6 months then take a skills test. Skills test involves cone weaving, controlled stop, quick stop, and uturns in a parking lot.

You dont need it to get your 'learners permit', on which the only restriction is no pillion passengers.
Although here the legislation is on a state by state basis, so it's different in every state.

Sucks, I paid $35 and took about 15 minutes to get my permit and rode on it for a year before I took the driving test to get my full M Endorsement, which was another hour and $75.
So grand total of about $110 and a little over an hour

MSF if suggested and allows you to skip the skills test, but not required.

came close to asking a girl out but instead I just rode about my self. good choice or not.

Yea i've ridden all of them plenty of times, i've got the sidecar right not, borrowed it for a week or two since he never rides it.

Why are old sportbikes so sexy?

>So grand total of about $110 and a little over an hour
lol cuck. I spent $14 in total.

>not taking her on a motorcycle date
Weak

MSF is a good starting point for someone who's never ridden a bike before, it also gives you an insurance discount and can be done instead of the DMV test (it's the same test just depends where you do it)

Also in some states if you want to get an M class under 18 you need to do both.

>going at 65mph on my YBR 125
>literally feels like it will vibrate itself to pieces and explode
>took it to dealer for part exchange quote
>he said its so badly rusted he can't take it
>it's done 26,000 miles and had 4 previous owners

Foreigners will never know this feeling. Take a 25 question test and there's nothing stopping you from riding a liter bike.

I find the restrictions over here frustrating but that is just ridiculous, you shouldn't be allowed to just take a 25 Q test then be allowed to ride something like a busa or K1300S

>you shouldn't be allowed
Cuck

I'll drop in right before the thursday class is supposed to start

>jap scrap

Or you could take a 50 question test and a 20 minute practical test in the parking lot and have no restrictions, at all. Take a passenger on your busa for a late night highway run.

Why not?

Inexperience.

>Sucks
I don't think it does. Ye, the financial expense sucks but, during the CBT (compulsary basic training) and training for your two riding exams you learn a hell of a lot about how to ride a bike properly.

FFuuuucccckkkkk! Chain breaker finally arrived so I popped the worn out old chain off my CM250C... Three different manufacturers (Volar, DID and JT) all list it as a #520 104-link, but the one I just took off is only 98 links. WTF?

Because thats outright dangerous.

A noob that barely knows how to step on a bike, riding a busa... is a recipe for disaster.
>but its muh life whats in danger
You can kill someone else too.

did you at least get the front sprocket loose before you removed the chain?

Count the teeth on the sprockets, a previous owner could have changed them and shortened the chain.

'Why are old sportbikes so purple?' is what I want to know.

Sshhh, don't tell them that. Watching fags like yammie do frontflips off the nose of a porsche is too much fun.

Aye, already replaced the sprockets, the JT ones I ordered where exactly the same diameter and number of teeth

Auto accidents are just part and parcel of living in California.

take off the extra links

your eyes are playing tricks, that's blue white and red

back then it was about masculin purple instead of feminine dick

I really, really want Saqmadiq KAAAAAAAAHN to bugger off

>chain

lol

shaft masterrace here.

I can handle that, but is it typical to need to do that, or should I be concerned?

Why is everything old and new that is Suzuki fucking butt ugly. Like literally always ugly as fuck and Mattel Toy co cheap and plastic with gaudy graphics a 3rd grader scribbled while looking up his teachers skirt in social studies.

>problem with chain
>fix

>less likely problem with shaft
>can't fix

I want to jim'll fix things

Who here lives in the midwest? Any suggestions on where to find good roads? Everything is straight farm roads by me.

I heard off-road is pretty popular. Never did find it tho

Northern Illinois newfag here, I go up to Wisconsin and ride down their "Rustic Roads" for fun

The midwest is a pretty big area, I know the good riding roads around chicago, but it doesn't look like that's where you are. If you mean just in general, look for state forests and forest preserves, hills, rivers, stuff like that is where you get good roads.

I think it's a good looking bike pajeet

nice one dad

I'll agree with the cheap part but Suzuki did make (and does make) some nice bikes.

Current Project:

Running barn find 1972 Bridgestone MII RS, with clean title.

All it needs is new controls, a clutch pack, and a headlight to be street-legal.
All electrics work, brakes are oversize and also work, oil injection works, no leaks, etc.
I heard that these things were little rockets in their day, what with their rotary valves.
At 25 horsepower and 300 lbs wet, hoping this will make a good first bike.

that's going to be a nice little bike famirino, I'm mirin. How much did it cost you?

0 dollars, not even kidding

>good first bike
i doubt it

It'll probably be a terrible first bike because it won't work half the time, but it sounds like when it does work it'll be hektik as fuck.

Pretty normal. Just grind off the top of the pin and use your chain tool to push the pin out

Oh well, for a free first bike I can't complain

Runs like a dream now, even after sitting for 15 years. I honestly like wrenching anyway, so I won't mind having to maintain a weird old bike.

lucky sob

I just want an opinion from you guys here
I'm about to buy my first motorbike
I don't want anything too big
Considering a:
ninja 300
Duke 390
Benelli TRK 502
MT-07

Keep in mind i live in europe and this bike will be for going around in my country and maybe go on longer trips.

what about a Yamaha R3?

>i live in europe
Do you have any licence restriction? A2?
Drop the benelli.
The KTM is known to have some reliability issues, but otherwise a good bike.

buy a chineeez scootah

I'd prefer something with a less sporty riding position, the only reason i included the ninja is because someone closeby has one that needs some fixup pretty cheap
No restrictions, i can drive any motorbike i want.
I was leaning towards the ktm to be honest, the orange looks so beautiful it really caught my eye

You should get a Versys-x because people here keep telling me it's a meme bike.

why do you guys hate bmw?

I'm going to buy a drz400 as my first bike. Convince me not to create something like this glorious tard

pls don't do that to my bike waifu

>implying tooling around on that wouldn't be the greatest

Imagine how many people it would make rage, and to add to it I would be having a blast everywhere I went

I dont. I really like the GS line.
I would walk and buy pic related right now If I could afford it... and if the bmw dealership was open at 2:13 AM

I just looked it up, it looks nice, why would it be a meme bike?

Just make sure the headlight is rectangular

Anybody here able to help me out?

My oil pressure light comes on when idling. I have oil and changed it about 3 months ago. It's within safe levels and there are no oil spots or signs of leakage.

The light turns off immediately if I give it some gas. Engine also feels a little bit lumpy every now and then but it could just be my imagination or the road surface.

its just that I'm going to buy an f800st and you're all making fun of me.

change your oil filter, could be dirty or just a dud

>caring about the opinions of a bunch of weeb degenerates

buy whatever bike makes you happy my guy :^)

Not a flat twin, though.

That's just wrong on my book, user.

Welcome to 4chin nigga, get thicker skin or get fucked

In Ohio, you just have to pass a written test, and you can legally jump on any fucking bike ever. you need to pass a test (MSF or just go to the BMV and do the obstacle course) to get your license

be careful when you go to rivet the new chain, the rivets are soft as fuck and break easily

motorcycleroads.com, hope that helps. take a day trip somewhere

you lucky fucker

need to know what bike, bro

Please dont

I changed it with the oil 3 months ago

>whining about two weeks

nigga you have any idea how long im gonna have to wait

i dont even have money for the bike yet, and its a fucking vulcan

Depends on the state. Some have temps, where you pass a 20 question test then you can jump on a cbr1000rr (as long as you don't drive after dark alone, that's unsafe)

>get bit by spider on eyebrow
>call in sick to work because I look like the dude from Hunchback of Notre Dame
>say I have a killer headache
>decide to ride to CVS to go get Benadryl
>don't wear helmet because it hurt to put on
>wearing just Vans because too lazy to put on the boots
>ride safe, have no issues
>get home, looking overcast as fuck
>decide I'm going to squeeze the bike in the garage between car and workbench instead of leaving it on the driveway
>get in with no issues, begin to dismount
>roll my ankle, fall over
>slam head on workbench
Should have worn my boots and helmet, fuck me.
Now I actually have the killer headache I told my work I had.

no, that's perfect. now you have the injury to support your headache

Serves you right, super satan

no idea

Well, the current GS flat twin is just too big for my taste. I wouldnt mind one if you want too make my a gift tho, my birthday is this saturday.

>good riding roads around chicago
pretty positive those do not exist