I haven't had my oil changed ina while, I've just been adding a quart of oil every month

>I haven't had my oil changed ina while, I've just been adding a quart of oil every month
>Oh I don't do the dipstick thing

that's actually a 'yota so it's ok

hahah thats pretty awesome. waterboarding the engine with mobil

has plenty of oil. whats the problem?

Look at the tip, that shits blacker than a nigger.

Oil (Petrolium) is black idiot

>Check oil religiously
>Always light straw brown on the stick
>Drain oil
>Pretty damn brown
Sump, y u do dis 2 meh.

You really should at least check the level. Having too much oil is usually not as bad as too little, but it isn't good either. Once the level gets high enough, the pistons/crank will start hitting the oil in the sump, and that extra shock can quickly wear things down.

>implying any newer timing-chain engine from toyota doesn't suffer from sludge and oil burning issues

They require regular oil changes just like every other car, doofus.

This. When the valve covers come off, youll wonder how the cams even spin because there will be a sludge fest

I'd rather run a quart under than a quart over.

Oh look, another reason to not buy a used car.

>there will be a sludge fest
That happens with conventional oil. There can be sludge in one or two positions when the cover is lifted but the rest is fine. Use full synthetic oil and no sludge builds up.

Why?

Just wait until you guys see the brakes on this car. I'm replacing all 4 rotors and pads

>change oil on friend's car
>it's fucking black
>he hasn't changed it since he got it 30k miles ago

why

it's not even fucking difficult and takes half an hour, and adds years to your car's life

why

My friend's dad bought him a new car. He didn't get the oil changed for like 70k miles and then surprise surprise he blew out his engine

Then his dad paid for a new engine. Wtf.

Did you buy this?

Because aeratored oil destroys bearings.
Oil level too high and it will start getting whipped up by the crank

You're all mostly correct. Any of Toyotas smaller engines usually run on 0W20 synthetic. However, their 4 cylinders (especially the 2.4L) had serious oil consumption issues. It was really just defective oil seals on the pistons, but they've been total niggers and offered a half-assed service option to fix it.

My RAV4 was chugging about a litre of oil a month by the end. Good thing I traded it in to a dealership, now it's some nigger's problem car.

I usually sip the old oil or mix it into my sodas while I'm working on cars.

How badly does a Toyota engine need to be abused before it starts burning oil?

Depends on the engine. My RAV4 had 192,000km when I got rid of it. It had started consuming oil around 170,000 or so.

My dad has a 2008 FJ Cruiser with 319,000km and it doesn't burn a drop of oil. Goes 8,000km between changes, too. No rebuilds, all original drivetrain.

There are good and bad engines with Toyota.

They seem to have a knack for making good V6's though. The 3.5 and 4.0 are both extremely reliable, powerful V6s.

Nah it's my aunt's car. She asked me to drive it around because she thinks the brakes are going bad. Every time you brake, it sounds like the God of Thunder is rolling in. I started checking the engine because before I could even drive I heard this awful racket. It's also never had the spark plugs changed. Ever.

im more scared of the keys sitting on the engine

can i change oil over and over throughout the course of a couple days to ensure the maximum amount of years of use for my car?

Do you think I've overdone it?

Also the color totally alright for a diesel

forgot the pic

Yeah, their Rav4 engines are particularly bad for it, we've had one that missed its service by 10,000 km and the oil pressure light was flickering whenever you hit the go pedal. Had almost no oil in it, and what was left was sludge.

Even after three services at reduced intervals (5,000 km) with a double shot of engine flush each time, it still has the oil pressure light show up every so often.

I reckon Subaru is the worst offender for it, though. Their current engines burn so much oil that Subaru's 'acceptable limit' of oil loss is ~480 mL per 1,000 km.

Their service intervals are 12,500, and they usually take 5.5L of oil. If you burned any more than 440 mL of oil per 1,000 km, you would run out of oil before your service is due.

That is not okay.

0W-20 is not okay either; shit's as thin as water and I wouldn't trust putting it in my own car.

Put an engine flush in when you do your next oil change, then do that again after a week. If you're really paranoid, take the sump off and give your oil pickup a clean as well.

Drain some of it out until you're on the maximum dot after the engine has been sitting cold for 30 minutes.

Overfilling a diesel is worse than overfilling a petrol engine, especially newer ones that have DPFs - a DPF regeneration cycle results in a lot of diesel being washed into your oil, raising the level even higher. On the flipside, a diesel can even run off of its own engine oil if it's particularly overfull, which usually means it blows up. It can also churn the oil with the crank if the level is high enough, causing aeration.

a quart every month

what the fuck

>he's never owned a shitbox

>tfw oil smoke starts coming through the dash vents after a long drive

But user, Toyotas are reliable and never need maintenance!

I wonder how she managed to figure out that car needs gasoline and where to put it.

You fucking idiot, what's your problem? Drain that shit oil and pour new one in. Stupid cunt was driving on this oil for how long?

And people still fall for the "lady driven" meme on Craigslist