I'm about to buy a Focus RS. Any reason I shouldn't Veeky Forums?

I'm about to buy a Focus RS. Any reason I shouldn't Veeky Forums?

that's actually a really shitty idea

that's actually a really awesome idea

I don't like the interior

If you can afford it, and you want it, go for it.

>front wheel drive
Not to mention it somehow manages to make the focus RS look understated and it does it in a really bad way.

Just drive it gently user. The rear drive clutches are fragile and prone to overheating.

...on a track car?

this would be my complaint as an ST owner who will never bother with an RS
hatch isn't that much better from a sedan (esp if you compare to wrx/sti), front pillars are fuck huge, and the dash is ugly.

Hi,

I recently was right about to buy an RS. I had practically put my deposit down when a used STI came in to work (I'm a manager at a dealership). I drove it and bought a new STI the next day.

The RS somehow feels slower. I know it's not, but two different people I used to confirm agreed. I think it's because the STI is entirely unapologetic about its purpose, which seems to be having a good time- it's more brash? Unrefined? Something just sees more raw and therefore more fun. It really does feel like a rally car for the road despite its recent pigfat inklings.

The RS also has a really awful interior. Both aren't as nice as the Golf R (whose driving dynamics I ended up disappointed in after driving).

That being said, the RS is a great car. If you want it, get it. Just make sure you get those sweet ass winter wheels the dealers are giving away for free.

Dealer markup is a pretty good reason not to. Really wish Subaru would put a motor from this decade into the STI already.

Intetesting thing is every internet review ive seen is done with the diff in Auto+ which sends more power to the front wheels for low traction situations(snow/ice) and nobody ever uses auto- which sends more power to the rear for better on road performance. Not sure why but everyone puts the diff in the wrong setting and then compares it to the RS

Plenty of them going for MSRP.

"""""""track car"""""" Just like the Corvette is a track car. They're flashy toys that make you feel like your driving a racekar.

Pick up a used C30 R-Design for less than 20k, invest in some aftermarket parts and a tune, and have just as much fun for less money.

It's an autocross car from the get go. Not a track car. There's a bit to be done before it's properly track ready. Also having to deal with Ford salesman is a whole new level of despicable.

>inquire about head gasket issues with focus rs
>"where did you hear that user? You read that in forums?"
>Well a lot of tuners and mechanics have been pointing out that there is a structural flaw. Also kind of the reason there was a huge delay on the first batch of rs ordered?
>"user, the only reason there is cracking is because people are abusing these cars"
>so I should look elsewhere for performance vehicles, gotcha thanks for the warning

>Also having to deal with Ford salesman is a whole new level of despicable.

They're really hit or miss. The guy I bought my ST from was bro-tier as fuck, but most other Ford sales dudes I've dealt with were fat old fucks with no clue about anything but selling trucks and sedans to normies.

You will look like an overgrown child to everyone on the road. Do you like women laughing at you? I mean clearly you have a gigantic penis for even considering driving that little skate shoe of a car as a non-ironic life style choice. But even so...

Funny you say that as I saw a really hot blonde in a blue RS around SoCal about two weeks ago. Was pulling up next in my ST ready to be like "Suhhh brothaaa!?" but I a was halted dead in my tacks.

Get a second hand Land Cruiser V8 instead.

Read about the engine changes. Try to get a later manufactured RS with the v5 block. If you choose to this is a reinforced block Ive had it cranked up and have beaten it daily with no issues. Earlier revision engine has a weak cast line between cylinders 2/3. Ive had the awd turn off once and it came back on. Stiff ride to some but I enjoy it. Welp that covers most of it mine puts down 440hp/460tq and has been a great daily driver with 15k miles modified.

>fake noise
>wrong wheel drive
>stall assist

The only way they could have given the rear diff a lower safe operating temperature is to have literally cast it from mercury.

Retarded dealer markups and the fact that despite spending enough to buy both the fiesta St and the focus st, you get the exact same interior.
I'd look elsewhere for a performance car.

yes it's fucking poor

This.

>Automatic
>FWD

>Automatic
Most aren't

>FWD
So is the RS most of the time.

You're either 12 or never driven a car before.

>2017
>nobody cares if its fwd/auto

It's fun to drive regardless. Fuck off

lol butthurt cuckomatic faggot

Not butthurt. Just laughing at you and your idea that anything but manual/awd is shit. You obviously don't drive because only fucking teenagers think the way you do.

if you don't care about luxury, then i don't see any other reason not to.

You will look like a new age ricer

Here's the thing.

If you're going to drop $40k+ on a new car there are a thousand better options than an RS.

If you're dropping

I'm sorry that you drive a modern Volvo with FWD and want to pretend so bad it's a real car

I feel bad for you a bit
It's okay, you're allowed to like bad things

I would try to request it from a small used dealer. You can usually chat with them and agree to pay wholesale +5% or something. Thats how i buy cars anyway. Just move past the bs with a guy who is willing to make a small profit fast.

Just get an F150 and a Miata. Don't fall for the "one car does everything" meme.

such as...

Because for less than half the price you can get a 2011 sti 330s

Should just buy a fucking WRX and modify it instead. At least then AWD system isn't total shit on them.

2.4T soon?

It's the same pattern all the time

>New Car Made
>STI will get BTFO
>Doesn't surpass STI by any significance performance figures
>Fags claim it's an STI killer even though performance is same
>"Well wait till...."
>repeat

But I'm just a vapenoble posting on the internet about a subject that less that 5% of people care about.

Inline 5-Cyl, Turbo, 2.5 Liter
>not a real car

Surely you jest.

Awful interior kills the RS. I'll stick to my speed 3 for a while.

New WRXs are appealing though.

Stealership markup, plus the damn thing costs more than a WRX STi. If you dumped the difference in price between the two into the STi, you'd be able to make it quicker than the Focus RS.

>Awful interior kills the RS
>New WRXs are appealing
The fuck are you on about? Subaru has pretty much the worst interiors around.
2 very different cars is way better, but parking constraints are a thing so a car that can do a lot of jobs pretty well is nice
5 door, fast, available in the US. Name more than this and the golf R.

Yea but looks a bit nicer than the RS

Its not a track car wannabe racecor faggit

Kys

Oh look, the same photo being used for multiple posts. Which marketing firm is responsible for these posts so I know where to send the black ops crew to make them all disappear?

Its the third picture when you google "Focus RS". Stop reading into things deeper than they are.

Interior is still a Ford Focus, albeit with more blue and huggier seats.

No turbo in first gear.

Lacks torque until 4000 RPM according to memesters online.

Shit turning radius.

You could more cheaply just get a lightly used 2015 STI hatchback. Or you could get a Golf R with a much better interior.

The only reason to get this instead of a Mustang is if you actually have things or people to move - which I doubt because you're on Veeky Forums.

Still a good car though and a great buy.

You forgot:

> after a couple of stoplight pulls or ricer flybys the rear drive clutches overheat, shut off, and now its just a $45k focus ST w/ a bodykit

They stopped selling STI hatches in 2013 though.

maybe they're retarded and think auto+ is sport mode and auto- is economy mode