How much does it cost to build a civic to a high standard?

How much does it cost to build a civic to a high standard?

Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NLylr4WmVYk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

slow piece of shit...i can smoke the fuck out of this in my 1994 EG hatch with a couple of simple mods:

- 10 point cage with Parachute
- 3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend
- spec-R full drag suspension
- Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor
- 1 044 bosch pump
- 1200 rc injectors
- golden eagle sleeved block
- cp 10:1 pistons
- Eagle rods
- arp headstuds
- oem h22 headgasket
- Balance shaft delete
- competition clutch twin disc
- Port and polished head
- skunk2 valve springs and retainers
- Str cam gears
- crower stage 1 cams
- aluminium radiator with slim fan
- gsr transmission with itr lsd.
- qsd h2k intake manifold adapter
- k20 rbc manifold
- qsd throttle body spacer
- blox 70mm throttle body
- 4bar omni map sensor
- 6al msd with coil and cap. 3 step launch control
- hks bov
- Garret 102mm turbocharger.
- Custom t4 front facing turbo manifold with 44mm flange
- 44mm tial wastegate
- Custom water to air intercooler set up
- aem eugo wideband w/ gauge
- tuned on chipped p28
- 13 inch volks drag rims
- 2 15 inch volks rear rims
- arp extended wheel studs
- si cluster
- 150 shots of nitrous

im making 248 horsepower to the FRONT WHEELS because thats the only place the power should ever be.

bout tree fiddy

Because good parts for the older ones run you stupid amounts of money?

10k. Watch boosted boiz.

Link?

Youtube them. This kid built a 660hp civic in his garage at home with half the parts coming from ebay. He did have a shop do the tune but thats it

About as much as it costs to import an old Type R of your choice.

That's why crazy built up civics are rare, you can do better without even buying a different brand of car for the money you put into it. Why bother owning a hyped up Civic EX that can compete with a Type R Integra or Civic Hatch for the same money?

>That's why crazy built up civics are rare,

lol no they aren't. I don't know where YOU are from but here in the US. Specifically on the coasts, there are a shit ton of crazy built up civics. most are built for either the circuit or drag strip... then youll have the occasional crazy built street car which either might just be for show or for actual street racing.

Depends on if you can find a clean car to start with. It's pretty cheap to just throw a b series and some wheels on a car that already looks nice, but if you have to redo paint and interior it's going to get expensive.

More money than its worth. Seriously a few guys in my shop are honda guys and have a 92 and 96 hatchback, a 06 v6 accord, 2 integras and the fastest one is like an 08 Acura TSX that makes 380 hp at the crank. So these guys spent probably 20 -30 grand on just mods for these shitboxes and one of their other friends came by with a stock 3.8 L genny coupe, destroyed them all no problem. The TSX almost had him but with stupid 20" rims it sheared a CV axle twice.

That boy is in the 700's now

you can do it with about $10,000

assuming you already have the Civic and its bone stock

Id say 10-20k for a great all around performer that has the looks to get into magazines

that car isnt a high standard

its a cheap beater build

>spent probably 20 -30 grand on just mods
>fastest one is like an 08 Acura TSX that makes 380 hp at the crank
sounds like they spent it all on dress up and brand whoring wheels rather than go fast bits

>cheap beater build
How much does that cost?

Id say around 4k for a decent and reliable cheap build assuming you dont engine swap

youtube.com/watch?v=NLylr4WmVYk

The problem with these cars are their vintage. 90's cars are starting to become less and less clean. They live hard lives with owner after owner either using them as a commuter and have ridiculous miles, or they're modified to all he'll after 6 teenaged owned it with shitty mods done to it.

Ofcourse they also get wrecked, rusted out, and scrapped.

They have a following of people with little money and knowledge on how to care for a car. They also aren't the type of car to be "reserved".

Old muscle cars were icons that are collectors. Old civics are just throw away beaters. It's sad.

If you love a 90's car, I recommend you go out and buy the cleanest example now. They won't survive the next 10 years.

Sad. I really like the EF civic platform.

I don't think the whole point is to have the worlds fastest car.

Anyone with rotas deserves a punch in the throat by every true car enthusiast they see until they learn to not steal from people who support their passion and hobby but other than that I agree.

I could smoke your eg hatch in my Civic. my most simple mods i.e. bolt on dishwasher, toaster and microwave, add at least 100hp as well as adding the convenience of never having to leave my shit box to the outside world in which I have a minimum wage job and no other assets. But that's fine cause I smoke out stock v6 2000's mustangs in impromtu street racing and then proceed to post it on my Facebook through my public library's computers.
Anyways beta male stay in your place and remember your eg hatch ain't got nothin on my Civic. And if you ever want to race you will hear my fart cannon calling as soon as the intent comes into your mind.

6/10
Made me chuckle