Advice for having your car serviced

>Stay the motherfuck out of my service drive.
The more you hover, the more annoyed we get and more likely I am to not hurry to get you out of here.
>if you call for an oil change, stick to that
If you come to me with some shit like "oh while you're at it I have a check engine light/broken piece/suspension noise" I definitely do not care and you're shitting up my technician's schedules. So if you want that whatever looked at on top of your oil change be prepared to sit on your ass for a while or fuck off and leave the piece of shit with me.
>aftermarket warranties
Sorry you bought into their bullshit, but keep that shit out my face. They don't want to pay the money for what places like mine charge ($100/hr), and half the time no one picks up the phone anyway.
>complaining about our prices
Fuck off and do it yourself then. I don't give a shit about what your brother's wife's father who is a mechanic that thinks it can't cost that much. Let him fucking do it if you can't.
>try to sound smart when you have absolutely no idea what the fuck it is you're talking about
Sure I'll "check your freons to make sure it's safe when your kids are in the car" but I'm gonna make fun of you to the entire store for a while.

What you should do
>call for an appointment
>tell me exactly what you're expecting to be done
>be here on time
>give me your keys
>fuck off
>pay for what you authorized to be done
>fuck off for good

t. Service Advisor

If you are taking your car to a mechanic for anything other than an engine work, you are a retard.

This as well, but the retards make shops money.

Should stop dealing with cars and go to large vehicles amiright

Hey if I ask for an oil change please don't steal the good oil I bought and then put some shitty bulk oil you got for a dollar a quart

Also if I give you a filter, use that fucking filter don't put some shitty Fram on it.

Also don't come to me and say my car with 30k miles needs a transmission fluid change because it smells like shit. Transmission fluid always smells like shit stop trying to fraud me faggot

look at this idiot having a meltdown

If you bring me the oil and filter, fine, we use it. $9.00 for the service and be on your way

I'm not at a Jiffy Lube place

Why don't you acknowledge that normies know nothing about cars and are just afraid of being ripped off? Why don't you just explain things to them and make them feel comfortable so you can raise your labor prices?

Fucking shops these days are full of jalopnik faggots who think they're hot shit

look at this dumbass having a meltdown

For arguments sake since I know nothing about computers, let's say you fix computers.

If I bring you my Best Buy-bought HP laptop and say "I think the hard drive is fucking up", and stood over your shoulder and watched, or tried to hurry you up, or argued with you about what the problem really is, what would you do?

That's who I'm talking about and who I deal with a lot

look at this virgin having a meltdown about cars

If they want to actually watch you work I understand, but I'm sure you'd feel more comfortable if I gave you a basic run down, eg the hard drive is X and it does Y and Z, so you're having these issues because it can't do A, B, C, so I'm going to fix whatever

I mean actually complaining about prices or being anal about your work is one thing from a customer but generally I think people are made wary of auto shops because they feel shut out by their lack of understanding

Just shut up and fix my shit you glorified fry cook. If you're lucky I might even let you keep the change.

That's exactly what I do. I explain what's wrong when things are wrong.

Okay cool. Sounds like you run a decent place with reasonable expectations

>i am frustrated with my job & the sheeple around me.

It's the same for everybody OP, don't be such a jerk about it and give some service while you're at it. You'll like your job more if you do.

You laugh but that's exactly what I want to hear. But also fuck you, you're not getting any breaks from me.

This isn't about the normies. It's about the faggots that
>think they know better
>want to hover around my desk
>disregard what it is I'm telling them

Pissed off because customer service isn't your thing? Always accommodate...don't be some pussy that cant be versatile.
Oh also when it comes down it it you may even be let go because your such trash at business you don't realize all these additional "hey look at this" "fix that too" makes the dealer money.

Also take yourself down a rung . You literally are just a service advisor. Stop acting like your some hot shot businessman investor who needs appointments...What brand do you even work for?

ignore the bus riders. this is good advice. I wish there were more service writers in the trade that gave a shit about their techs rather than giving their friends cheap work.

if you are one of those people that schedule an oil change then come in with a big list of shit you want checked, its not going to get checked. at least not by me. not letting somebody that can't have some forethought fuck up the entire shops schedule by having to wait for a 2 post to be open instead of using the 4 post used for oil changes. I'll just go back to work that actually pays.

t. service technician

Nope. Nowhere in there did I say that I don't do that shit. We do an inspection on every vehicle that comes in for that reason and I always talk the the customer about it before they pull the vehicle off the rack.

Try again faggot

Yeah whatever
Your still bitching about some shitty service gig on a image board. lmfao. Life must be great. Nobody actually gives a shit or sympathizes with you

Forgot to mention to bring the lug but key.

you're*

How do I get discounts or coupons on services? I have two cars of same brand I bring to same dealer regularly

What's your opinion on small gifts from the customer after a service? Six-pack of beer, bottle of booze etc.

I do. Customers are total cocks about 30% of the time that don't give a shit what you say and any explanation goes in one ear and out the other and chimp out at the slightest alteration of their masterfully laid plans. Even going to a "luxury" brand doesn't help, because instead of uppity niggers you get rich cokehead trophy wives in rolling luxobarns instead, and they're somehow even less lucid than the poorfags.
t. Parts department so I don't have to deal with that shit.

t. Bad life decisions

Fuckoff with your shitty blog faggot. No one cares that you're an idiot that wound up stuck in a shit customer service job.

Why do service advisors act like they know what they're talking about when they know fuckall? I made appointment for my Subaru to have coolant leak checked out (throttle body coolant hose) had trouble explaining to lady taking my appointment so I cut it short and left it at that until I got there to talk to advisor that I was hoping would be useful. I walk in and explain coolant leak to advisor and mention that I'm a bit worried I could possibly have bad headgasket so I ask if he can have a block test performed (check coolant for gasses). Doesn't know what I'm talking about i explain its a small plastic tube yoy sit on top of radiator with a pump to check for combustion in engine. gives smart-ass answer saying "well it looks like you know what you're talking about". I have him fix the coolant leak and never go back. What can be done if service advisor is jackass can I request to speak to mechanic or something?

You sound like a spastic.

>some low tier service advisor
>having a fucking meltdown on a chinese dog recipie board
Glad I don't work in the automotive field anymore. I realized early on it's fun to do stuff for me and my friends' cars, not for random shitstains' cars.

Yeah, we get it. Your job sucks. What do you want from us? A hug?

>aftermarket warranties
They suck for home repair too.

My third party warranty experience has been good to me so far.

Dies third party warranty have to be through dealer or any certified shop/mechanic?

Mine I have to take it to the dealer I bought it from.

Who is your warranty provider? Dealer?

And I should say I got my GM car at a Chevy dealership so it's not like I bought it and the warranty from a BHPH

Some faggot former football coach is selling them on TV.

Zurich is the warranty provider.

My stupid fucking service advisor told third party warranty my front bumper was repainted at one point so they decided not to replace my leaky radiator. Dealer was going to get paid from third party and stupid motherfucker still mentioned that, warranty covered my leaky power steering pump though (800 dollar job)

>waaaaaahhhhhhh, I work customer service and I have to deal with people who sometimes don't know as much as me

OP you don't sound like much of an "advisor" at all if you can't deal with people not knowing exactly what you need. What do you even do? Take people's cars, hand them over to the mechanics and give them back afterwards?