>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Noob? Git gud:

Webms with sound:

Previously on r9k with bikes:

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/mcy/6185958438.html
discord.gg/CSZZH
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anyone with a 90-97 VFR750F? What is your top end like? Mine feels a bit lacking, but the low end and midrange is fantastic.Should I get a jet kit? (Probably stage one because i'm not trying to race this thing)

Also, any suggestions for next/second bike? I'm thinking about getting a Speed Triple next year, but the lack of fairings isn't great for fall or spring riding.

Only faggots ride bikes with less than 650cc

>very good riding weather
>no job
>no mone
>no petrol
Send help lads.

>Ride 90s sportbike
>actually pretty comfy. is this a sport tourer? oh wait no it's a 1993 ZX6
>neutral styling, lets your riding speak for itself as being polite pedestrian or something that could only come from the god emperor of cunts
>tasteful rear fender blends with the rest of the bike
>ride 2010 sportbike
>fuck my back
>looks significantly angier but not that bad, looks cooler if anything
>damn that rear fender is ugly
>lacking midrange
>ride 2017 sportbike
>i don't have a back anymore
>angry spaceship
>is this a 250 oh wait no here's 7k RPM
>rear fender mount looks like it could be detached for use as a weapon
>ride 2027 sportbike
>it's sold with a back brace to improve rider comfort
>has four angry eyes with blood red pupils, glowing angry eyebrows for blinkers, and an angry mouth that breathes fire
>rear fender mount can be detached for use as a weapon
>stalls if ran below 9000 RPM

what the fuck happened

The evolution of the "race replica". Sportbikes are no longer made to be fun for the average rider, who likes to have fun on backroads and the like. (I'm using the Kawasaki ZX7/ZX7R as my example because it's the first that comes to mind.)

Fastforward in time, most sportbikes started to become more race than replica. I think it's because of the sportbike boom and that happened in the early 2000s. Personally, I feel sportbikes became "normiefied" during this time. Any silly cunt could pick a gixxer for nothing.

Do NOT talk shit about my baiku.

Looks like pretty good weather to ride with sandals and shorts on

I'm kind of sad he didn't try and pet the doggo

Actually it was raining on and off.

>oil seeping from drain plug
I really hope it's a crush washer.

spotted this little qt earlier

Did you properly tighten it at 150 foot-pound?

was thinking the same
i feel like anything more than 2 years old for more than 4€ is too expensive
kawasaki dealer here sold a z1000 from 2004 or something like that for 4k (can't use it myself) but was sold already when i saw it

Neat bike, mate. She treats you well?

agreed

Can't really compare it to anything else but I love it. Drinks a lot of gas though.

I'll ask the PO

Damn, thanks for letting me know. I take my MSF course this summer and was going to get something smaller, guess I'll look at busas now.
I was considering trying to find an F1, anybody have input on that?

>sold with a back brace
Only as a $1000 dealer option, or $1800 if you want it color matched to the bike.

How much for the REPSOL™ version?

Holy shit, cleanest oldest DRZ I've ever seen. Shame it's not street legal.
washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/mcy/6185958438.html

nice decal on the tank tbqh

>not getting the $4500 carbon fiber/titanium back brace

The new GS variant of the R Nine T is bretty cool too.

decals don't work well on plastic tanks because the gas evaporates through the plastic and makes it bubble and peel.

Oh fugg that is cool

>very good riding weather
>have job
>have mone
>have petrol
>to tired and hungry after work to ride

someone please get me fired

Currently stopped for food on my 1000cc Hurricane.
It's a very nice bike to ride. Lots of torque, surprisingly nimble and mechanically quite reliable. Older models have a very noisy chain tensioner, they fixed that in 89 I think. This applies to the CBR1000 I think though.

>good weather
>have part time job, enough to buy fuel
>enough money to get by
>have time
>too sick to ride
I'm starting to feel better though so I might be able to go ride later today

>>has four angry eyes with blood red pupils, glowing angry eyebrows for blinkers, and an angry mouth that breathes fire

made me chuckle

what sort of helmet is this?

A noisy one probably

>Hans wat are we zupposet to do wit our olt ÄÄÄÄHr-heads now zat we hav water-cooled boxers?
>sell it to ze hipsters Stephan, zey love outdated träsh

something made by a designer and not an engineer, thats for sure.

Perfect for the retarded-looking bike behind it.

Thanks, I'm wanting a 600 for longevity reasons (my life, not the bike's). How much did you give for your 1000?
There is a 600 for $1000 in the next state over that needs fairings, but that probably means it needs other things as well.

Just American Things: more is more edition
>perpetually buying faster and edgier bikes
>spending hours in blue screen light researching torque RPM and kilogram damping specs
>throwing all other considerations away in pursuit of speed
>doing all this in suburban US 30mph streets and straight highways

k00l
do you even have a pillion seat you fucking autists

cant help but thinking how funny your head must look split open while wearing this after a crash.

walterrific tier shit

Fuck, I fucking hate my bike.

>learn to ride in India
>biggest bike on the road is usually a Royal Enfield
>beautiful machines which are tons of fun to ride
>break-downs and repairs were never an issue, since every mechanic in South Asia knows how to fix a Bullet

>return home and decide to get my motorcycle endorsement
>can't shake the idea of buying a Royal Enfield
>wind up making the purchase against my better judgment for nostalgia's sake

>bike is a magnet for old men and Indians
>cannot go on a fucking ride without people following me into a gas station or yelling something out their window

>bike is also a festering piece of shit
>everything is constantly vibrating off
>4,500 miles on the odometer and have lost the heat guard twice, had a mirror break off, speedometer gets wonky at highway speeds, fuel tank is currently cracked and bike can't be ridden

Man, I really fucked up.

After I come back to the United States to finish university, going to get a V-Strom 650 or BMW F650GS.

I just want something that I can ride for more than an hour without fucking falling to pieces, reeee.

is this NYC user still in this thread?

i live in queens and would like a riding buddy once i get my bike insured.

Chill out, mate. That's a lot of conjecture. None of what you listed has anything to do with being American, the shitposting is unnecessary.

You do realize there are a metric fuckton of great riding roads in the USA, right? You can enjoy almost any of those roads on any bike as long as you ride your own ride. You wanna go fast as hell in a straight line? Can do. Wanna carve up a canyon? Go for it. Parkway/touge boogie down? Hell yeah. Touring with pillion of choice? You're good to go. Street Rossis, Weekenders, Commuters, whatever. All are welcome.

Do you even have a bike?

I'm not nycanon, but I am an nyc user. Queens blows, come to the Bronx and hit the parkways

>pls, i have no riding friends

I want those SW Motech Legend bags so bad

you totally missed the point.

Then what was it? Shitposting about americans and go fast types?

do you have a discord or something? i wouldn't mind going for rides once the bike is insured. fuck paying tolls tho, i'd do 59th st bridge > FDR > BX

1 Month to SAM, GET HYPE

this is /dbt/, you're not allowed to like what autistic italian sv user doesn't like

so there, go fuck yourself

Actually, yeah. Should we setup an NYC discord server or something?

Also, fuck riding in Manhattan, goddamn do I hate that shit. Along with bridges, I don't have an EZPass, it's super expensive. I do most of my riding in the Bronx, Westchester, and upstate.

H
Y
P
E

i can't imagine there being more than 5 participants in that server lol.

drop your discord name/id so that i can add.

benchracers

>not having SAM in Ballplay

I wish my state had touges :(((

I think it would be worth a shot, who knows. I don't care for it to be /dbt/-centric. Mine is stuckwithit

There is already a /DBT/ discord, you can chat with each other in there if you want
discord.gg/CSZZH

Maybe we will ride back to camp through there

Move states then

I wish I had touges that weren't an hour away

i need your 4 digit ID.

i joined the discord group provided in my discord is "anime pr#2875" copy w/o the quotes.

oh, the special character didn't register.

just get in that dbt group and ill message you from there.

would a zx-12r give me nice sex feels?

not with that ugly wrapped exhaust

>tfw not going to be able to make it to SAM because work bullshit
Gay.

>mfw people actually think SAM is a real thing and not an elaborate troll

>leaned forward
>back brace
How old are you

>he doesn`t feel pain when his spine is parallel to the handle bars
I WANT INVERTEBRATES OUT! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>about to get my new motorcycle
>feel nervous like I'm making a mistake
>is this really what I want?
>there's so many other amazing looking bikes out there
>I should have decided to get that one

make it stop

if more than one person gets "trolled" then it will become a real thing

You'll just have to get more

Yeah I might get another cheap bike as a winter hack when I have more money.

Keep doing test rides, when you find the bike you want you'll put yourself in financial jeopardy to acquire it.

better than a busa i guess

iktfb

That feel feel mostly passed after I owned it for a few months, but I still wonder if I would have rather bought something else every now and then. There are so many good bikes out there, I think the only way to be truley happy is to own a few of them.

says the person who doesn't have one

dont worry about it, its just like marrying your 10 year old cousin you never met.

>tfw bought a dual sport
>all I do is canyon carve
yeah I probably should've got a sport bike I guess. Oh well

What's the best way to blast anime music on my bike? Helmet speakers?

t. 400 lb black man

How is it? Comfier than other sport bikes? How much mileage do you get out of a tank?

It's probably safer, DESU, if you have a thoroughbred sports bike then you rarely get the opportunity to push it to its limit in (relative) safety on the road.

A real folly would be buying a bike designed for full offroading then using it for commuting and long distance touring so much that you're probably going to fit it with 100% road-oriented tyres.

Helmet speakers are more convenient, some decent canalphones like Shure SE215's with triple flange tips (they reach half way to your brain) will give better quality.

Yer

I have a sena 10s, its awesome for music. Not as much bass as I would like for my nigga beats, but go plenty loud and can hear with earplugs in on the highway.

I actually have SE215s, but I want everyone to know that I'm a faggot.

Have you used it as an intercom? I'm trying to get my friends into bikes.
How long does the battery last listening to music?
I was looking an an BAKA-10 but I'm not exactly sure which to get.

It's basically impossible to hear the music from helmet speakers from the outside when you're wearing it.

>How long does the battery last listening to music?

I have a Cardo G9x and it lasts at the very least for 10 hours of riding. I've never done a longer ride in a single day and don't want to be deprived of my tunes so I've never intentionally let it run out.

Well that sucks

No, but ive used it with phone calls and it works fine. Battery is good all day, ive never had it run out on me yet.

Ive heard about 12 hours, which seems right.

*S M H-10
damn

Fit speakers to the bike, like on a Goldwing. I've test ridden one (it's absurdly easy for a bike bigger than some cars) but didn't give the radio a go.

I don't see how canyon carving on a dual sport is safer than doing the same thing at the same pace on a sport bike.

You'll hit the limits of the bike at a lower speeds, giving you more room for error.

*to clarify, at that same pace on a sports bike, you'll be bored as all hell because you'll be aware that the bike can do so much more.

The busa is probably the coolest bike I've ever owned. It's pretty damn comfy from a long distance standpoint, making it better would be with higher bars and a lower seat but it's fine as it is now. I average 30 in the city if I'm not redlining everywhere(which is fun as fuck to do) and 40+ on the highway. I love this thing.

>redlining everywhere
>redline is 90mph+ in first gear
hektik af

>at the same pace

As someone who's owned both supermotos and sports bikes, you dont end up doing the same pace. Especially corner entry speed, WOT on a supermoto vs a sportbike from corner to corner is a whole other level.

Anybody here wear a canine carrier on the bike?

I can do my entire commute in first if I wanted but I can't go 130 down the interstate if I stay in it :^)