When will Japan start making rear wheel drives again? Seems like they all make boring cars now

When will Japan start making rear wheel drives again? Seems like they all make boring cars now.

never

brz, 86, s660, 370z..

I'm salty they killed this version off.

>lists same car twice

why not go for all three listings?

Not to forget the miata

>b-b-but they're slow xD

The 90s had, silvias, cefiros, laurels, skylines, rx's, mx5s, chasers, supras and so on. Modern Japan is sad.

hopefully Toyota will make more fun cars. They have the 86 and they're bringing back the supra and MR2

If you like the MR2, why not look at an S660?

Unless you prefer Toyota, I don't see why not.

lol why doesn't each Japananese manufacturer make half a dozen virtually identical mid size sedans with different names that aren't sold anywhere but Japan
lol why was Nissan virtually bankrupt in 1999 when they made all these sick Jdm rides?
dae hate modern cars?

Sad. An i live in Michigan

What a disgusting thing

Free market is always reflected by consumer demand. Since RWD didn't have sell as well as FWD, people make less of them, not just Japan.

That's macroeconomic 101

The new Supra will be another hybrid piece of shit with an convoluted design filled with sharp edges everywhere, it doesn't even remotely looks like an Suprax.

The S660 is a QT. most of Veeky Forums agrees on that.

It's super qt. Bitches love qt cars.

Blame the consumers and regulatory agencies, not the manufacturers. The craziness of the 80s and 90s will never come back.

literal girl car

probably happens for the same reason that the lancer evo got axed, which is that there's not a huge market for cars like this compared to fwd grocery grabbers

S660 is literally 2017 beat. Aka only for 5 feet manlet nips

Im willing to bet you drive a truck or worse a modern "muscle" car

They do but they aren't available for us, inferior people

There's your big body RWD Toyboat.

>auto only

mine had an msrp of $62,000 its unreal what some people paid for cars almost 10 years ago

Actually fits people 6 foot but any more is pushing it.

FWD is cheaper.

FWD has significantly less powertrain loss relative to RWD.

FWD has superior traction.

The only time the rear wheels will ever see power is if they're in an AWD configuration, and the front wheels lost traction. ALL AWD systems, from Subaru to VW to Toyota, send power to the front wheels first, if not exclusively.

Rear wheel power has gone the way of leaded gasoline.

Why don't you stop being poor and buy a BMW, Mercedes or Audi?

once gookmobiles fully come into their own (which is happening very quickly) then Japanese exports will go the way of Europe with fancier/more performance oriented cars (look at the new Camry if you need proof), and keep the boring shitboxes to the JDM
once that happens, China will start making half decent cars, and Korea will go the way of the Japs, and then China, then India, etc.
and then in 2070 the cheap econoboxes will be coming out of Vietnam or something, by which time Japan will have stopped making cars entirely except for a couple of prestigious old formerly Japanese brands owned by a shitbox manufacturer in Cambodia

tl;dr there's a golden age of nip cars right around the corner, but then they're gone for good

Nigger, the CVT equipped Subarus have a front wheel bias; manuals are 50/50; the STI is 40/60

This and the Nissan system sends power to the rear wheels and splits it forward.

>FWD has superior traction.
lol no.
My midship flies through the corners at track, all 4 tyres squealing.
FWD takes the final corner before long straight at full lock, front tyres screaming and the car barely making it.

Its still plenty quick but looks fucking retarded and is significantly less fun than rwd.

A lot of Japanese companies used to be military. You saying when WW3 hits, they are gonna back to their original Japanese defense industry instead of making cars?

Majority of manual JZX's and other sedans are swapped anyway.

There is a 6 speed manual version as well

And pretty much every Lexus and Infiniti. And plenty of pickup trucks, and even some SUVs

They are obsessed with making ugly angry style cars that are about as terrible to look as they are to drive.
>Pic related the original design concept they all have been following
>Its also the same face driving one will cause you to have

>my anecdotal track evidence beats R&D done to design something for the mass market for standard road use

>wrong

nice

>>>>>>>>>audi
those are FWD or """"AWD"""" though

Toyota makes an RWD sedan? Shit
Literally nobody in Japan buys manual. Even compared to the USA manuals don't sell. Pretty sure autos are preferable even in Miatas there.

>
it's kinda pretty much the same as the lexus is, crowns are sold as lexus GS in the normal world of lhd cars

I can't comprehend why Laurels are so fucking expensive to import here to the US. I get that they're super rare over here, but I saw one with 70k in decent shape selling for $19k... that's decent FD RX7 money and I'm positive which one I'd choose if given the choice

the EU version S1000 i think, will be quite nice ive heard. But i hope the MR2 will be a Toyota/Yamaha L4 rev happy engine with about 250hp with a manual.

you won't fool us, saikawa-shachou

The days of the affordable and fun RWD car have passed. A few still struggle around and every now and then someone will try to make a new one. Hot hatches are still strong though. Emission regulations also make things really hard. No use putting RWD in some treehugger approved econoshitbox.

The following has been said on Veeky Forums countless times but here it goes again.

The vast majority of consumers view driving as a chore and the amount of car enthusiasts is not exactly skyrocketing. It's not fashionable to have a car anymore. And if one has a reasonably new car, it's crammed with all sorts of gadgets to make everything as easy as possible.

Now with self-driving cars slowly starting to come around, the whole idea of car enthusiasm will eventually be nothing but a chapter in the history book of personal transport. Let's just enjoy while we can. In a few decades the old farts of Veeky Forums won't even probably be allowed to actually operate a car. And the same applies to the normies as well. The normies just don't give a shit.

Japanese cars, German cars, American cars... Doesn't matter. The thrill will be over one day.

>this much autism

>FWD has superior traction.
>2 wheels that have to turn and put down power
>superior traction

when will toyota/subaru fuck and make a toyboru version of a wrx

>ALL AWD systems, from Subaru to VW to Toyota, send power to the front wheels first

that's because a front bias induces understeer and reduces oversteer. because fwd is only good for understeering into a wall

I'm right and you know it

You just aren't. Why does garbage like Chrysler still exist? Brand loyalty. Japanese have long-running cars that are conservative and popular. It's almost impossible to break that.

Subaru is symetrical awd all the time

Why would they produce a design that wouldn't make them money?

It looks like a bathtub

Is that Johnny vegas?

lmfao.