> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

monolithdevs.itch.io/monolith
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw almost no free time to work on my game

Which agdg games would you unironically buy at a fair price?

im making my first game in unity and its an infinite runner
when the character jumps and then lands, most of the time they clip through the ground for a single frame
sometimes the player gets stuck on the ground and im forced to jump to let the player out
wat do

Do most people deserve to live, /agdg/?

1. don't use unity for 2D

protip: don't use unity for 3D, either

wtf i hate unity now

No.

I can't name a single agdg game

Mine, Space Dementia, CTESiphon and Monolith

And possibly something by Theonian, but he'll probably never complete anything ever.

I'd unironically buy bokube for the fair price of $1. If it wasn't made in unity, I would buy it for the fair price of $5.

do i look like some kind of wise old man philosopher
i opened this general to talk about making video games

The Taunting of Gogem

The Ruining of Rotatedev

Well I'm definitely buying Monolith once it releases so there's that.
Most of the other games here are too early in development to say if they'll be good or not when they're done.

>Unity for 2D pixelgame
>infinite runner
Just stop.

>what is risk of rain
>what is minecraft

Why don't you think it's worth a higher price than that?

Absolutely not.

Or maybe they do. In my experience, living is its own kind of punishment.
Most people don't deserve to be content with living, imo

Monolith, Slipstream, Paper Mario bug game, maybe a few others I can't think of.

Maaaaaaaybe Monolith. Not my type of game, but it looks polished enough that I'd probably have fun with it. Can't really think of anything else I'd want to play to be honest. At least not anything that gets progress posted here regularly.

>Monolith
Link pls?

>Slipstream, Paper Mario bug game
Why?
They both look like trash, imo

Don't know why I'm shilling someone elses game for them, but here

monolithdevs.itch.io/monolith

(You)rs

Unity games have horrible gc pauses and lag as well as being nigh unplayable on weaker hardware even when they're simple and contain little assets. Thus, unity games cannot be worth more than $1 for normal games, $5 for GOTY-tier games.

Bokube is strewn with flaws (from the camera to the level design to the copied assets) that greatly diminish its value. On top of that, the concept is wholly unoriginal. Hence, it would not be worth more than $5.

What about GameMaker games? Is there a maximum value for them, too?

To each their own. Slipstream demo was fun to me. And Paper Mario bug game looks cute, unless its gameplay is complete shit I think it'll be good.

gamemaker game should not be sold for money
enginedev game doubles the monetary worth of video game

Can't decide on a price for your game?
Then simply read the following cheat sheet!

GameMaker: $2.49
Unity 2D: $0.94
Unity 3D: $0.99
UE4: $14.99
Godot: $0
No engine: $29.99

Clarent, Tender Arms, MoGiSho.

Anyone else not really like 2D games?

Roguelikes are cool but that's all I can get into.

Gamemaker games do not have inherent value caps because there is no inherent critical technical flaw with them. However, they get a soft-cap because the amount of things you can do in 2d vs 3d is more limited.

So if I make a pong ripoff without using an engine I can sell it for $29.99?

Is anyone interested in helping me model a character design I have made?

I've tried doing it myself, but can't figure out blender, and sketchup is just trash.

I'll provide email to anyone interested

Accurate.

How much should my game be worth if I make Unity from scratch, then build it in that?

Played paper bugs in a previous demo day. It's gameplay is literally paper mario with bugs.

That sounds good to me then.

POST IT

No one with the capability to remake Unity from scratch is retarded enough to do it so it's a pointless question.

[email protected]

(You)r game.

That's not a list of fair prices regardless of game, that's a cheat sheet of prices given the means use to make the game when it's not clear how to price it (read: the game is gr8 m8)

no, post the design... if your scared someone will steal dont flatter yourself

POST IT

What about box2d?

I S H A N T

better safe than sorry

You forgot the webm section, OP

repost because i don't know. i made a new stability system and i have to re do a lot of things to accomodate it.

Man, Unity's animation system really is terrible for 2D stuff...

Ctesiphon

this game is going to make you the bigbux. Please remember us poor aggydaggy nodevs when you are rich.

>the amount of things you can do in 2d vs 3d is more limited.

what did she mean by this

3D platformers can be significantly more complex and elaborate, as well as incorporate gameplay elements from significantly more genres, thus leading to a significantly richer experience, compared to 2D platformers.

He has to actually make it a game first instead of fucking around. And he'll never do that.

what a shit post

Set collision to continuous in the rigidbody

The asset store could use something like this

Fucking around will eventually lead up to a game as long as he fucks around consistently for a long time.

the
>implication
here seems to be that there is some kind of limit on what can be done with pixels and game design on a screen. this does not seem true at all. just because 3D is harder to make (actually it isn't necessarily, since most people do not make their own 3D engines, so a unity game would be easier than a 2D RTS requiring maths) does not mean that 2D has some hard limit that 3D crosses. come back when you've played Dominions 4.

You couldn't have made a post that demonstrated the extent to which you are ignorant about all things videogames and development alike more. Truly a work of art.

Bokube, for 15 dollars.

Ironically, my post had an argument, yours doesn't. Who is the shitposter now?

I will admit I kinda fucked up that post a little because my main point wasn't supposed to be about the difficulty of making the game (also you probably stupidly assumed that I was implying Dominions is RTS and not grand strategy, but that might just have been confusing writing on my part), but rather how 3D doesn't have more potential just because you added a dimension. 2D and 3D have infinite possibility, just because 3D can contain everything a 2D game can doesn't mean 3D has more of anything.

me neither. There are quite a few I think look cool and will sell well, but there is not a single game that I want to play.

... not even mine

It's because agdg only makes platformers and other pixel bullshit, or shooters/puzzle games in unity. I'll buy an aggydaggy game when it's an actually interesting premise with original art.

That black and white japanese horror cardgame looks kinda neat and original, but it's not really my thing.

>game mechanics

I stared at the whiteboard and got nothing. This shit is like the hardest task in game design. It feels like every mechanic that is fun has been done so many times before. Anything unique doesn't seem fun. It's like I'm trapped in the box of game mechanics that I've seen from other games and anything outside of it is boring.

Your point is that in your opinion, there exists games which could also exist in 3d but are in 2d, therefore there can exist no game in 3d that is more complex than any game in 2d, despite an example having already been given. Also you have addressed no point while digressing, while at the same time asserting that engines magically make 3d games easier to make or that 2d rts are anything but trivial to make. All in all, I must admit that I was wrong: you have successfully managed to make a post that prove your ignorance even better than your previous post. Now on to solving the mystery of how someone as devoid of knowledge as you can physically survive.

Would you play a pixel RPG?

>I'll buy an aggydaggy game when it's an actually interesting premise with original art.
>except for this aggydaggy game I mentioned immediately after
wew

Emergent gameplay > unique mechanics

>Man, Unity really is terrible.

Ftfy

That's nice but where's your RTS faggot? Guess what, I know you don't know shit about game dev because you said this. Later shitposter.

wow nice filename is boku really /ourguy/?

I'm using RPG Maker to make an RPG.
I want to use pre-rendered 3D maps created with Unity as backgrounds but I don't know how to do it.

Basically I want to create a 3D map in Unity and then export the whole map as an image and use it as background in RPG Maker.

inb4 why don't you take a screenshot

That would only cover one part of the map (pic related). I would need something that makes the camera move around the map taking screenshots and putting them together in a single image. Would that be possible?

I know I'm retarded but this makes sense in my head.

Not if hes gonna charge 15 bucks for that garbage.

I'd second on this one

I know how you feel. Imagine trying to visualize a game as fresh and original as Katamari Damacy or Jet Set Radio were back in the day. I think stuff like that just has to come to you in a daydream.

Where's your game?

He has already started to amass a fanbase of kids so he can probably get away with it. For adults though it looks pretty bargain bin yeah. No offense Boku

yes

I post about my game many time in these threads. Where's your argument?

15 really isn't a bad price. You have to think about future sales. 50% off and it's $7.50. 75% off and it's 5 bucks.

haha yeah daydreams

no one here in agdg should get paid 15 bucks per copy with the quality of our work.

>25% of $15 is $5
user, I...

(You)

This is why I let my computer do all the math

I'm not that, user. I'm not trying to argue with you. Just wondering where your game is, and it looks like you don't have one.

Why would you do that in Unity?

>I would need something that makes the camera move around the map taking screenshots and putting them together in a single image
Can't you just stitch them together in any image software? Or use one of those photo combining things that people use for panoramic pictures like Image Composite Editor

Get real, no one is going to associate their game with an argument chain. not that user btw

50% of the feedback for the game over/ you died text wanted me to go colored text (aka the thread) and the 50% being the discord wanted all of the letters to be red.

It was a tough choice so I went with the threads multicolored feedback.

risk of rain.

This.

It makes sense in your head because it exists and its called a skybox. You need a cubemap

>not that user btw
Sure you aren't, user. Sure you aren't.

>mfw I own 7 AGDG games and RoR isn't one of them

You're already ripping off nintendo shit with every single asset, might as well go all out and do so with the text as well. You already did with the text animation anyway.

I'm not either of those anons and I agree with him. I'd never post my game just so the person I'm arguing with can remember our autistic argument every time I post progress. That's how you end up with googems

It's true, that was literally me and any post after this saying otherwise is lying.

text could be a little more energetic but otherwise good