Why didn't they just make more, smaller rotor housings? Wouldn't a 4 rotor 1.3L have been superior? More torque...

Why didn't they just make more, smaller rotor housings? Wouldn't a 4 rotor 1.3L have been superior? More torque, less heat (main killer of rotaries), could do rotor deactivation to reduce fuel consumption...

Thermal efficiency is still the main problem, it's just exacerbated by the larger rotaries.

Smaller rotors make less torque and power. That would also be more mechanically complicated to maintain

This seems like the thread to pose this question.

How come I've never heard of supercharged rotaries? Do they simply not exist?

Superchargers like torquey motors, the more torque the engine is made for, the less noticeable the parasitic drag gets

They exist in small quantities, aside from the parasitic lag, the problem with trying to pull that rotation from an eccentric crankshaft could be a cause. But I'm speculating, not a rotary extremist.

So 4L twin rotor is better?

8L single rotor, its like a helicopter encased in an engine block

Rotaries are inefficient and they burn oil, really not suitable for a production consumer vehicle.
Not to mention piston motors regularly hit 400k miles without rebuild and a rotary would be lucky to hit 150k without one, less if the owner didn't know to premix, and to be quite honest, you shouldn't have to premix.
Burning oil is very bad, cost wise and environmentally.

You can hook up a Camden supercharger, I have no idea how it works though.

>Burning oil is very bad, cost wise and environmentally.
Sending an entire car off of a cliff is pretty bad for the environment too, but you didn't seem to be very concerned about that.

Kek

Would need a counterbalance spinning opposite direction just to track straight

?
The car didn't get so much as a scratch

Rotaries are niche enough that no supercharger autists have tried to touch them, turbos increase power to weight more substantially.

>that corner entry
Every time, it's so fucking bad.

Almost as bad as rotary engines

At least he's got a video of him driving his box enthusiastically. Where's yours?

Speaking of...
Why did you post that video?

The people in the meet thread were asking to see it, so I posted it.
DESU I like when people post it all the time, it means people see me more and talk about me more, more attention is always better.

He just wanted attention, just like any tripfag

Fair

>At least he's got a video of him driving his box enthusiastically. Where's yours?

I don't record myself driving because literally why the fuck would I? Maybe I would get a dashcam if I lived in a shithole but there's no reason for me to stroke my epeen all over the internet.

why is anonymous always so butthurt?

I had it running to record crashes at the s/o/cal meet, it almost recorded me crashing that trip, the last one I went to, it actually did record somebody crashing.
GoPro's are fucking great 2bh