/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

>Stellaris Resources
- Mod archive mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh (embed)

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization Resources
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods pastebin.com/5ANRmRur (embed)
>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Previous thread:

What the fuck is going on with this weird noodly border.

thicc synths are the future

That's what happens when you colonize outside of your borders.

spiders out

I'm trying to create a few empires to force spawn into the game that should ideally become the big federation.
In terms of ethics I'm trying to create:
One F. Egalitarian/Xenophile
One F. Egalitarian/Materialist
One F. Egalitarian/Militarist
One F. Egalitarian/Spiritualist
One F. Materialist/Egalitarian
One F. Xenophile/Egalitarian
The United Nations of Earth so another F. Egalitarian/Xenophile

Is this diverse enough and is there any reason they'd be unlikely to join together? I know the materialists might not like the spiritualist but I'm hoping sharing egalitarianism as well as "allied to allies" and other bonuses like that would counter that.

Explain further

I wish you could ping enemy systems so that your war allies will send their fleets there.

Maybe lose relations with them if it goes horribly wrong for them or something, and gain if you jump in with them and win a decisive victory.

Can't wait for diplomacy DLC

>tfw dow 3 'beta' in a week
excited, since I loved the closed beta, as well as basically everyone else that played it.

spiders in

>spider in the OP
So can I finally talk about Swarm Assault?

Making a human crusader empire. Should I go for fanatic militarist or fanatic spiritualist?

What is best authority?

It doesn't matter outside of diplomacy really.

i own the base game and pirated the DLC how do i activate it?

Are Sectors ok now?
Is it worth it to take options to have more core systems?

No.
Yes.

What's the most redpilled fleet composition for Stellaris?

My fleets almost always compose of a majority of corvettes, about 60% and the rest are 20% destroyers, 10% cruiser 10% battleship

>should ideally become the big federation
Thats a fucking brilliant idea. I didnt even think about forcing in reliable allies and enemies who would group up. You could set up a massive two sided war that way.

Also, putting charismatic on them should help them get together

>sectors
>good

Militaristic and Xenophobic. Either go fanatical into one or throw something else in there.

What's the most fun playthrough you have done so far in Stellaris?

/civ4xg/ keeps shitting on it but iv had no issues at all

They spend their resources on whatever I set them to spend it on.

Fuck off underage

NO MORE SPIDERS

What's the best difficulty to play on?

I'm 20 years old

But what does that have to do with my original question?

I'm giving charismatic to the F. Egalitarians/Xenophiles and the F. Xenophiles/ Egalitarians
I'm not giving it to all of them as I don't want them to all be rough clones of one another.

After these guys I'm going to set up a few Empires to be the "rogue states" including my own.

>conquer a planet from an AI
>this is what it has
FUCKING SHITTER AI

Sectors are perfectly fine as long as you place every building down first and don't allow replacing.

Mastery over nature helps a lot to instagib those tile blockers and thus get your 25 building queue lined up before dropping it into sector governor limbo.

r8 my roman empire

this is gonna get wacky

Needs more spiders.

>romans are a separate species

>Planet Rome

This made me laugh more than it should have.

>planet Rome
>not Marble Zone
0/10.

>Not using the double-headed eagle
>Not being spiritualist and using Imperial Cult

I got this thing from the Shroud. It's only a single 'ship' but it's got more damage than my fleet over there.

>ask a simple question
>this somehow triggers the lonely autist

I wish someone would make an eternal anglo mod. I wonder why more people don't want to be Britain in Space?

goddamn are you fucking bullies happy

How is that admiral commanding a psionic storm? Is he flying around in a little ship in the middle of it? Did he put his spirit in it?

Are spiders the new YHVH?

>play as a fanatic xenophile/pacifist, trying to create an empire with 30+ races, like its Star Wars or something
>research synths to add them to the mix
>cant enable AI rights without materialism
>cant purge them
>my own people hate me now for keeping the AIs in "slavery"
>like third of my population are robots
>rebellion chain starts immediatly

Great fucking change paradox. Makes a whole bunch of sense for some xeno loving fucks to not be able to extend rights to sentient robots.

>every single positive racial trait
>four random fanatic traits
this is going to be weird

Not enough diplomacy. British Empire was formed more by diplomatic fuckery and espionage than it was by fleet power.

hey, look at the bright side, atleast it built something on every tile

I fucking HATE when I enlighten a new protectorate, dump 2k minerals and energy on them and then they build a fleet of garbage scows and work empy tiles for two centuries

I'm building Fanatical Purifiers.

After taking Repugnant, Sedentary, & Very Strong, what should my last positive trait be?

>check catalog
>there are multiple spiders

god damn I hope this isn't the faggot from /a/ doing it

what mod is this?

>syncretic evolution
>not cutthroat polititcs

They were militarist, spiritualists and xenophile.

Sauce?

Rapid Breeders.

>earth
>syncretic evolution

>asteroid coming towards a recently colonized planet
>fleet in really damn far away, but decided to send it there, it was going to be a close call
>seconds before my fleet gets to the system, neighbor ayy's slightly larger fleet arrives and destroys the asteroid before I had a chance to touch it
>still got the extra minerals from the asteroid
>used those minerals to build more ships
Thanks I guess?

Flag is still wrong.

Why syncretic evolution?

Eternal Anglo 2: the Krautening

Nah, Rome was not an authoritarian DPRK-tier police state. It was actually quite decentralized, and the Emperors always (in theory at least) ruled on behalf of the Senate, which ruled on behalf of the People. Also the Romans were an incredibly religious and superstitious people, ignoring that is pretty bad imo. Xenophobe isn't ideal, but Stellaris does a shit job of simulating slavery in otherwise liberty-focused societies such as Rome, Greece or the CSA historically so it'll have to do.

Your trait picks were pretty good, although one could make the case for swapping out Intelligent with Adaptable. Mass Drivers and Hyperlanes fit pretty nicely.

allies will help defeat asteroids, pretty cool imo

So how's The Galactic Federation?

so, corvette spamming is still a thing or i should go for greater ships now?

They should have the reptilian aesthetic.

>Dyson sphere makes 400 power
>3 habitats make more

>Research station makes 50 research
>2 habitats make more

So tldr version; mega structures are literally wasted resources.

Get fukt faggot

They're cool though.

No, they're really not.

They would be cool if they did something. They should have made it so each mega structure was like the sensor in that it provided an entirely unique effect to your empire.

Why Xenophobe? a lot of their slaves were latin and they were not racist, they just felt superior to barbarians (everyone non-romanized except kind1 the greeks)

>"militaristic zeal" in the backstory
>no nationalist zeal civic

>They would be cool if they did something
but they do something! the dyson sphere turns every rocky worlds into a Frozen world, that's cool right? :^)

but yeah I agree with you, they should give you Unity or opinion or something like that at least as well.

The whole Senate-ruling fiction was barely maintained even by Augustus, after him no one was dumb enough to believe that shit. It's like calling the Congo democratic because king nigger claims he rules by consensus

The Dyson sphere should make at least 1000. At least.
Maybe it seems excessive but it's a fucking dyson sphere. Also, the incredible mineral+time cost to building it.

Science nexus should be 100, and it should be possible to 'assist research' on it with a science ship.

>years of being unable to get to the unbidden due to closed borders niggers
>finally get to them
Get the fuck out of my galaxy.

>Romanum

No point in giving unity, you wont have any unity things to research by the time you get them anyway

The Dyson sphere should reduce all energy costs by 20%. Something actually significant. And it should be treated a bit like a wonder in an RTS game, allies should love you for having it and enemies should want to kill you even more for having one. Im shocked there isnt even a wargoal for taking a system with a megastructure in it.

Jesus, I didnt even regret buying the plantoid DLC but I regret this DLC a shitton.

Damn, Stellaris is still such an empty game, how can they be so bad?

I thought they were supposed to open borders when the crisis hits.

>Why Xenophobe?
To simulate how they enslaved the people they conquered as well as their feelings of superiority towards barbarians. Like I said, Xenophobe doesn't really fit, but because Stellaris doesn't simulate (otherwise) non-authoritarian societies which practice slavery it's the closest you can do. In the Ethics and Government Rebuilt mod you used to be able to pick Slaver Republic which is what I used for my SPQR game. Still not exactly it, but it's closer at least.

Hence why I said "in theory" and why I didn't put Egalitarian into there.

Fuck you, toast sarnies are delicious, especially if you mix toasted brown with white bread and lots of butter.

>Maybe it seems excessive but it's a fucking dyson sphere.
Thats not even excessive, each habitat can make 160 power. You only need 6 to reach nearly a 1000 power.

And unlike the sphere they are cheaper, you can build them incrementally proportional to the amount of power you need and they are far easier to keep alive. Not to mention if you lose one who gives a shit you can make more easily as well.

But I can already tell rather than making mega structures good Paradox will just nerf every other way to get energy.

>tfw you remember an Aeon experimental from Supreme Commander; an incredibly expensive building that basically generated infinite resources.

Pretty immense resource generation you've got there, for just entering the 2400s.

Its not an empty game, its literally one of the best 4x space games. Although that says a lot about how bad this genre is.

It just has so much more potential and it pisses everyone else when Paradox doesnt reach it

Its pretty sad when an RTS game gives a better sense of power, progression and wonder than a 4x one.

Not these cunts

Was planning on going for the biological manipulation perk to maximize slaver potential, is Xenophobe really the best way to go? Also, how difficult is it to manage slaves with a growing empire and migration?

Habitats kill unity and research though. Dyson sphere and Research Nexus are just unmanned stations.

you dream too high user its paradox

not infinite but 300000 mass is nothing to scoff at

fuck that thing by the way, a unit like that is literally worth more than every other unit in the game put together because of how fast you can build things

>"you know what would go great with bread? More bread."

Not really. They don't penalize you percentage wise since they don't count as a colony.

>Habitats kill unity and research though
Literally irrelevant.

You can finish all major research and Unity before you ever get even close to finishing a megastructure.

>Have loads of energy
>suddenly start losing energy and don't know why

Please stop

A good habitat can produce almost 50 in each research. One of those probably negates the cost of 2 extra planets, including itself. If you get one research habitat for every planet you own, you should cover the research deduction.

Check your pops, some of them probably migrated off of energy producers.

They do, user. A habitat counts as a planet and you get 10% research cost increase. And each pop counts as regular pop. So each habitat is, what, a 22% increase to research cost?

I swear, the research hit from planets is far too high.

Laachax colonized far outside of their home borders, and have enough border influence to declare some dead space as part of their territory connecting to the colony, but not enough to push back Immutharan borders significantly.

You do a race with this government and traits and you'll finish the entire Unity tree in no time at all, and well before anyone can build a M.S. With five planets on a slightly less optimal play-through I had 300+ unity.