Why would you purchased a Corvette™ Veeky Forums?

Why would you purchased a Corvetteā„¢ Veeky Forums?

>Overheats after a lap
>Slower than the GT-R around willow springs
>Same designer as the Pontiac Aztek, whichs explains it's terrible styling
>Has never been able to win LeMans
>Can't manage to finish a lap around the ring
>GM has never been able to beat Ford at LeMans
>Pushrods and leafsprings, which are both inferior to OHC and coilovers
>Plastic body which deforms at high speeds due to inferior manufacturing
>Owners sued GM because it is not track capable
>110k plus 50k anually because you need a new engine when GM refuses to make your warranty valid

By far the worst performance value in automotive history ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NzuptRdvkL8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

never forget

skip to 12:40

youtube.com/watch?v=NzuptRdvkL8

I thought the overheating after a lap thing was a meme

>leafsprings
Whoa there, wait a second, for real?

yup

Man it feels good to be a ford fangirl

Method C, the eternal virgin lol

I know

wtf wrong image

found the assmad GM fangirl

>GM will NEVER be faster than ford

>leafspring corvette meme

post disregarded

stay mad leafsprings are inferior in every way to coilovers

They did win Le Mans though, it was just before Ford came to beat them.

>which are both inferior to OHC and coilovers

>not mounting your spring at the lowest point possible for a significantly lower cog

a spring is a spring

>coilover shocks
>thinks a z06 with Magnetic Ride Control adjustable shocks and monoleaf rear suspension is actually inferior to his ebay coils

this is industry leading suspension technology

monoleaf front/rear

>a spring is a spring

nope, leafsprings are not adjustable, unlike coilovers

>lower cog
still slower than cars with coilovers

>this is industry leading suspension technology
>GM
>leading

lol no, pic related

also
>that magnesium engine cradle/subframe

if this isn't interesting you a know-nothing

I would buy a vette. A C5Z

maybe they should stop investing in magneisum subframes and invest in common sense so that they don't place the oil cooler and oil filter right next to the cadillac converter

>nope, leafsprings are not adjustable, unlike coilovers

these are real-time adjustable shocks. computer controlled suspension
>Most adjustable shocks work by diverting a portion of the shock oil around and away from the byzantine network of tiny passages and shims that makes up a typical damper valve stack. Less diversion forces a higher percentage of the fluid through the valve stack, which creates more resistance and makes the shock firmer, more diversion gives more of the oil an easy way out, and that makes the shock softer. Sometimes the amount of bypass is "infinitely" variable in real-time with computer controls, other applications are manually set to a specific position by the driver using "clickers" or detents on an external adjustment knob.

>But MRC shocks don't work like that. Instead of altering the flow path of the fluid, they leave the valve more or less alone and vary the fluid itself. The shock oil within MRC shocks is laden with particles that respond proportionally to the intensity of an externally-applied magnetic field. As field strength increases, more and more particles align themselves with one another, increasing the oil's apparent viscosity because the magnetic field is oriented at 90 degrees to the fluid flow direction in the shock valve. Computer-control of the field strength in real-time allows the shocks to be adjusted constantly to suit conditions.

>oil filter right next to the cadillac converter

exact same place on my LS1 V8

>method C

hopefully that is a method of suicide you will be utilizing

we are not talking about shcisk, we are talking about springs, you cannot adjust preload, rideheight and sag on a leafspings

lrn 2 suspension

adjustable shocks like the ones you are described are also found in several coilover set ups you braindead autist

>actually defending such an stupid oil filter and oil cooler installation

lmao GM fangirls

>know nothing autist

>Thankfully, GM had people like me in mind when they designed the ride-height-adjustment bolts into the monosprings on the C6 (and C5). Ok, ok, the savvy among you know the real purpose of these adjusters is to facilitate minor adjustments in corner weight, which can improve the car's balance and traction in competitive-driving events. But they also allow stance-conscious Corvette owners to slam their ride for poco dinero. I admit this is mostly a cosmetic modification, and I know there are better ways to lower the car-namely, coilovers. I'll get to that eventually, but for now, I'll settle for the instant gratification that comes from making the car "sit" just right.

don't even pretend to know what you're talking about

>C6 (and C5).
>I know there are better ways to lower the car-namely, coilovers

congrats you double braindead autist, this thread is about the c7 and the author of the text you are quoting accepts the fact that coilovers are superior, and you have yet to prove that you can adjust sag and preload on leafspings

GG no re

the full coilover conversion is only better on cars without factory adjustable shocks, or if you want to slam the car more than what is capable with stock height adjustments. its "better" in the sense that you never want to lower a car without adjustable shocks

>you can't adjust spring rideheight
>GM made it adjustable from the factory

keep pretending that you know what you're talking about

Well when you keep up with cars that cost $200k more you can't have it all. Just a reminder that this is $10m+ and overheats.

are you retarded? some cars DO come with adjustable shocks, and ferrari uses the same adjustable shocks as GM and coilover spings

coilovers are better than leafsprings, this is not even an argument

>b-but let me compare these thousand dollar adjsutable set up to some shitty struts
lol you autist

keep pretending that you know what you are talking about, and you have yet failed to prove that you can adjust sag and preload on leafspings

>keep up
nope, the word you are looking for is slower

Yes and no. It's kind of like double-wishbone with one massive leaf spring going across the width of the car. They're literally branded "Corvette leaf springs."

top kek

lol true

What does Ford have that compares with the Corvette? The Mustang is a muscle car and Chevy has Camaro?