/sthg/ Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #734 - Mr. Needle Rat Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews and General InterestsGame Development InfoNew Info and Leaks on Mania and Sonic Forces

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5nA2A3rjdDY
youtube.com/watch?v=3NcAkgXQrNI&spfreload=10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have a lot.
>Finishing the Master System version of Sonic 2
>Defeating Big Arms
>Windy Valley for the first time
>Realising that Generations was making me grin like a kid at Christmas

It's a funny picture

Another general, another shitty OP.

Yeah I know I'm needlessly complaining.
But dont worry, at least the OP is original this time.

youtube.com/watch?v=5nA2A3rjdDY

It's up

>I'll never finish that image and make it look "good" lol

Anyone have that "I'd like to show you a thing or two about deer, starting with the basics" comic? My computer broke but I think it was still in Sketch form so I could redo it.

Repostin from previous thread

Cringe humor is the worst form of comedy.

Getting to Metal Overlord. Sonic Heroes was my second Sonic game after Sonic 2. Getting all the emeralds and then going fucking Super Saiyan for this crazy battle against a buffed up Metal Sonic in the sky? It was fucking kickass, and the music was even better.

So a perfect fit for Sonic.

It really is. Nothing is particularly funny about it, it's just ego boosts but disguised as something you're supposed to ironically look at.

>>Windy Valley for the first time
oh man this. The first time playing City Escape and the beginning of Sonic Generations (completely blind) were great but Windy Valley was just something else.

The music was so happy and whimsical and such a drastic shift from the other music in the game. Getting to that part where you have to just run forward on the wind was great too. You don't know what to do until you talk to the hint orb and tells you to just go and not be afraid. For a split second, yeah, you are afraid. Running off a stage that has bottomless pits goes against everything you've ever learned about playing video games. You just have to trust the hint orb and hope it's not lying to you.

The tornado was cool. For a second you think you did something wrong and you're going to die but then you realize you're fine.

Finally you get out of the tornado and you're running fast down that grated path in the sky and the music changes again. Maybe you recognize it from Sonic 3D Blast. Maybe you don't. Either way it's still a good song and you're just having a great time.

I think what was so great about Windy Valley is that you're constantly changing emotions during your first playthough. First you're relaxed because of the music. Then you don't know what to do since you can't proceed without literally running off a cliff. Then you think you're dead. Then finally you finish up the level after a fast and easy running section.

Everything about that level was amazing. I hope we get something similar in Forces. It doesn't have to be super whimsical and charming but I just want to feel things as I play the level. Crisis City for Classic Sonic came kind of close with the goal post being stolen away from you but it's not exactly what I'm looking for.

>or all those pictures of me
I love this show sometimes

>that cat
They have normal animals in this show? Also why does Tails have a pet cat?

I was referring more to the music than anything else. I played a lot of Sonic 3D as a kid (and never actually beat the game until recently), and the moment the Green Grove remix hit my childhood brain went into overdrive. At the time it was utterly inconceivable to me that a game series would reference itself in such a way, so to heat that music on top of all the other reasons you mentioned absolutely blew my mind.

I think this is the most red-pilled episode so far

How do they make this into a 4 part saga?

That picture is complete shit.

Is Sonic okay?

Here, user.

This is probably not the best place to ask, but I'm writing something related for the pastebin.

To you, what are some signs of bad writing in a romance story? I've never been in a relationship before yet I love writing these sorts of stories, and I'm afraid my inexperience with romance will really show.

I see somebody finally gave him the rat poison.

Thanks famarino

Jesus Christ, her spine!

Even though it has no chance of becoming canon (excluding maybe Boom), I still think Sonamy is a pretty cool ship.

Honestly? Maining him in Smash. Turned me into a Sonicfag.

"The gang's all here."

Is it his wind-up punch? Shit feels so good when it connects, personally up there with the Falcon Punch

Where's Dead the Opossum?

who are the others?

and why is Bump always thicc

who is the bug up top?

One-off joke OC copied from a pre-existing template.

Six feet under, obviously

I always wanted to play Adventure 2 as a kid but couldn't cuz poorfag. The joy I felt the first time I heard city escape playing on my TV, with a controller in my hands. I don't think I'll ever feel that again.

Thank you, user.

This was the winner of that Shade contest Nibroc had, by the way.

Feel free to share the disappointment.

it's not bad. like the shoes

Gaaaaay.

Same

It's hard to describe, but I think the best way to sum it up is "when the couple gives too much of a fuck about each other".

From my experience IRL couples act more like really close friends, unless we're talking about 50 year olds who got married trough an arrangement or whatever the fuck happened to those people.

Costume's okay. Makes for a good Riders Shade. Not a fan of how short her "hair" is though.

it's a shame Shade was arguably the most boring character in Sonic history. She's basically Blaze but without the awkward side.

>From my experience IRL couples act more like really close friends
Including kissing constantly and having sex.

This one kinda fits her motif a little bit better. The winner's has way too much white.

When they don't talk like real people. "You are my everything." and all that. We save that kind of hokey talking for wedding vows.

>I met my wife because of the Sonic fandom.

I regret nothing.

Honestly... I don't really have any strong memories playing Sonic. I got into the franchise as an adult so I don't have the memories from the past some of you guys have, and the nostalgia factor isn't there either. I also don't feel very strongly about the games for some reason... I don't think they're that good, so they don't trigger those "great memories" some other games do.

I wish it'd be different... I feel disconnected from the fanbase and it feels bad.

Can anyone confirm if this is legit?

I fucking hope not, this selection is awful.

>two more Green Hill-like stages
>one stage that was already brought back before in Generations

Goddammit, Sega. Can you NOT do something wrong, please?

She gets a pass for being literally the only other echidna besides Knuckles in the games that isn't dead. That's interesting enough. Well, that and the skintight latex suit.

It's fake. Which is kind of hilarious, seeing as GameXplain actually did a video on it, citing it as real news.

>He doesn't have casual sex with friends.

What are you? Gay or something?

How we doing today my friends

>Shade will never be in anything ever
PENDEEEEEEEEEEEEERS!!

My submission, for comparison.

Thank God, I was starting to lose my hopes for this.

Dysfunctional family

Shade was horrible, Penders did us a favor.

>sage being friendly
off character

I remember that too, it was kind of cool for some reason I don't understand.

problem with this one is it looks too much like the purple bird girl

More like DysBUMPtional family!

So you mean like, when they're constantly and endlessly being mushy?

I really dig this, definitely a lot more visually interesting too.

Shitpost the Dung Beetle, I believe.

If they have to add more old zones though, I'd hope for Stardust Speedway with a instant past - present - future swap mechanic and either Ice Cap or Death Egg.

That's the point, isn't it? They're both kinda ebonic in nature.

Still better than Julie-Su

Liar

I'd say they're neck and neck.

those are all girls right?

Hello Bubsy

>So you mean like, when they're constantly and endlessly being mushy?

Yes. I mean, I know there's people who act like that, but if they're that kind of person then that should probably be reflected in their behavior with other people as well.

Drawfags, do you have the problem of trying to doodle or draw something quick and cheap, but it ends up being more elaborate or even looking far removed from what you've planned?

She could be hoverhanding.

Yes. All the time.

This was supposed to be a 5-minute study of the new OC that I started on Monday.

So yes.

I'm not a drawfag, I draw terribly, but when I try to make a simple drawing that maybe could look ok I always fuck it up by doing that.

>shade
>black
did she actually do anything of note to be considered so? did knuckles for that matter besides his music?

Yours look too "beachwear".

That's not the 4 parter.

I know. I saw the French version

Shitpost the Scarab.

It's his up and down throws.

Grabbing the opponent and mercilessly Spin Dashing on top of them or throwing them into the quill hair was great.

I just really like the throws for some reason.

I want to break Sonic's glasses.

OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE

I DIDN'T READ THE FUCKING INSTRUCTIONS PROPERLY

I'M FUCKING OUT

Hey, not sure if it's new but they changed the "loading" animation for the Sonic Channel for Classic Sonic chasing Eggman. Pretty fucking cool.

Hyuk hyuk, IDIOT!

Rat poison still got you pretty bad though.

Pretty sure the point of the contest was a redesign that didn't look like Wave.

see

who else remember this song?

youtube.com/watch?v=3NcAkgXQrNI&spfreload=10

It was a good day I guess.

god, sonic is so cute

I want to call him a rat while I hug him and watch him get slightly upset

One more fucking day and then I get waste two free ones away looking for inspiration.

I mean Nibroc had an idea that he scrapped because it was too Wave. So contest.

>inspiration
for what user? tell us

Slept in, ran out for groceries, dropped off some equipment at work, just got back from seeing Your Name.

Pretty good, how was yours?

Watching playoff hockey. Trying not to give myself heart issues.

Two weeks ago I was prescribed medication for my depression and anxiety, and today I really felt it was starting to make a difference.