/smtg/ - 真・女神転生 Shin Megami Tensei General

Demonfus are good if their neutral aligned edition.

New 3DS game is called "Deep Strange Journey" further info and the teaser:
shin-megamitensei.jp/dsj/
youtube.com/watch?v=6kXOfSFb2EU

SMT HD Project teased at Nintendo Switch Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=ALfkAh4iZ6o

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/kHK2a6dR

>Artbook, soundtrack, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/NqLRYf5n

>OST links
pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc. translations
pastebin.com/pgEWmYfH

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dobiel
strawpoll.me/11542461
strawpoll.me/12100304
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>their

Sons of Man, awaken!

playing smt4 as my first game. bought/played 3 ages ago and found it way too brutal (still have it somewhere though)

is the persona series good? 4 looked way too anime for my tastes

I wish there was a list for which games added new 3d models or revised old ones. Raidou's games have a shitton of revisions like bony Legion, mix-and-match Raja Naga, and it'd be cool seeing how much shit actually originated in NINE.

>Persona 4
Its literally a shitty watered down JoJo Part 4 expy with none of the charm, taste ,or nuances that made it so good in JJBA. Start with Persona 3 or better yet try your hand at Nocturne if you have a PS3. You can buy it and Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 off the Playstation Store and they emulate well.

How do we fix SMT

By adding even more waifus and husbandos.

demon s.links
I'd love to go on a date with Krishna

persona 3/4 look way too anime for me honestly. 2 seems more up my alley but im getting mixed opinions

after i finish 4 im gonna go back to 3 for sure. i have dds in a box set somewhere im pretty sure

Post Jack Frosts

if you cant handle smt4, you might as well just go play persona 4.

their neutral

>P2
>Less anime than P3/P4

MSPAINT A MYTHOLOGICAL THING FROM YOUR COUNTRY OF BIRTH AS IF IT WERE A SMT DEMON

HERE'S TIDDILICK THE FAT FUCK FROG, AS SEEN IN CHILDREN'S STORIES BASED OFF ABO DREAMTIME STORIES

HE'S A SELFISH SHIT WHO DRANK ALL THE WATER AND LEFT EVERYONE ELSE HIGH AND DRY, BUT SOME EEL GAVE HIM A GIGGLE M8 AND HE LAUGHED IT ALL OUT

I'VE INCORPORATED "POPULAR CULTURE" SUCH AS THE LAUGHING EMOJI AND PEPE THE FROG TO MAKE IT MORE PALATABLE TO A MODERN AUDIENCE

Gonna replay SMT4 after not touching it for years. Are ailment builds worthwhile at all?

axehandle hound, the axe head will open up and have teeth and shit or something.

Jack Bros 2

Demikids reboot

Demonfu face petting mini game.

Shin Megami Tennis

Trauma Center x SMT

Shin Megami Tetris

Put actual effort into the games.

Was googling Persian and Zoroastrian demons in Megaten and I came across Michael's article on the SMT wikia. Who was the "Angel of Persia" Michael was fighting?

>demon summoning doctor
>uses demon skills instead of tools to perform operations

Shin Megami Benis

That one is already real.

Did some googling, might be this fucker?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dobiel

>Ed Bighead decided the land allotment of nations based off Isrealite population numbers
What a dumb Lawman.

I've never seen anyone claim to do an ailment build, so I assume they're either not worth it or they're gold waiting to be struck. Play cancer samurai for us and tell us how it goes. I wonder if it'd work for negating smirk at all.

more Strange Journey, less animu

>sees SJ deep
>Why?

Because.

This guy needs to cosplay Kamoshida.

>ailment build
is that just taking/fusing demons of your alignment or is it like if you side with law you are phs if you side chaos your gun/magi or some shit

ailment, noun, 'an illness, typically a minor one.'
It's causing poison and sick and bind and shit. You can't get Smirk if you're suffering an ailment, so that's one perk it might have/

Fuck chinks and fuck americans!!

He can't keep getting away with it.

go leave a coimment oin his assumed deviantart account

>"Generally speaking I think Shiro Ishii actually did nothing wrong."

Absolute madman!

fuck i read it as alignment, sorry bud

"Honestly China would have benefited from Japanese occupation."

Holy shit!

>So I made a first script draft for IV, where Isabeau was initially a korean descendant, and only Law/Chaos endings were canon. But Doi design was too beautiful so we turned her japanese in the final scenario.

What is wrong with him?

kek

>their will be our tag for a week

World of SMT when?

hopefully never

Vote for best mainline game here
strawpoll.me/11542461
Vote for best spinoff game here
strawpoll.me/12100304

a hee to the ho and away we go

so wait where does Soul Hackers place?

no mt2 no vote

How many Hoys could a Hoy boy Hoy if a Hoy boy couldn't Hoy Hoys?

how the hell do ya'll niggas finish the palace on the first day entering? i'm dying more in this game than I did apocalypse on apocalypse

playing soul hackers.
what's a good path to put Zeed on? he's been pretty useless because i'm not exactly sure what to do with him

hi every1 im neutral!!!!!!!
holds up chalice of hope my name is flynn but u can call me t3h m0r4lly gR4y pr0t4gg !!!!!!!! lol…as u can see im very indecisive!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet neutral ppl like me _… im a casualry (im mature 4 my caste tho!!) i like 2 read manga w/ my girlfreind (im lesbian if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite unclean product !!! bcuz its SOOOO neutral !!!! shes neutral 2 of course but i want 2 meet more neutral ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol…neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!
MASAKADOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's really not much to it.
Hit weaknesses, use Ryuji and Yusuke for Phys so you can use either Ann or Morgana purely for post-battle healing and get Takemi's social link to 7 for the SP regen accessory.
You can also buy cheap SP healing items at some vending machines.

>flynn is great in IV and made him feel like an average guy just doing the best he could
>IV:A makes him a mary sue
fuck this man

Raidou 1 is still really fun, but my god I've been stuck on something for some time.

For some reason I can't find how to make a demon I've been wanting. I had the two I needed to fuse for it, but then I did some other fusions and went a bit further into the game because I wasn't a high enough level. I come back and have been resummoning different demons and trying different combinations to find out how I can make that damned demon again.

I even checked the fusion chart for the game and apparently I shouldn't even be able to make it at this point in the game.

It's Gashadokuro. Giant top half of a skeleton.

I'm at the end of the palace now with no sp. I'm so close that I want to see if I can cheese my way through but I think I'll drive myself mad if I die again. I've made it this far and really don't want to give up. I hope there are phys charge abilities

>i'm dying more in this game than I did apocalypse on apocalypse

wtf are you playing p5 on? the dlc hard mode?

just regular hard mode. I was gonna do dlc hard but I heard that it's ridiculously bullshit.

stealth to the end
it works out, just keep going

won't that leave me underleveled? I won't be able to fight the boss solo if I'm not high enough level.

Fuck it. No matter what I try, I can't find the combination that I had the first time. I guess I'll just settle with a different demon that's 13 levels lower.

Hoy

Make him go physical.
Just fuse him with whatever makes it STRong.

>someone actually took the time to type this

Oh... but I guess it's ok because it was done ironically, haha, silly me!

Hoyla

Begun to play SMT: Nocturne
Im going in relatively blind and i've never played any SMT games before.
Im at the first maze thing now and using Jack Frost and the freeze matagama. What is a good physical attacking demon i could get relatively early to work with the party?

Nocturne has a rather small list of demons, so I'm sure whichever one you can fuse at that point is good. It's more important to give them good skills and to always have a varied party that can cover everything.

>hard mode
you can steamroll though a game untill one point when you have the wrong party.
try different demons man

Would you rather have more Hallel versions of Fallen demons, or Demonica-versions of Neutral aligned demons?

Hallel for sure

>beat episode 5
>go to training hall
>accept a challenge from mist
>so many enemies
>they keep respawning
>100 EXP

I'd be slightly upset if it wasn't for how amazing it felt to just RIP AND TEAR all those demons. I assume it's 100 because of the amount of EXP I got.

ONE MORE

AHA IS THIS OUR CHANCE

This is our Lucifer tonight.

Is it decent? It's been so long since I've seen any ecchi.

What are the Hallel versions even supposed to be?
'Redeemed' Fallen? 'Original' Fallen, i.e. before they fell?
They look pretty rad, though.

I agree, pic related.

He's a character that's closer to Tom Bombadil. He performs feats that signify great power, but only uses them for the sake of 'comic relief' and does not use his might to claim any dominion (other than the terminals), while he most certainly could.

I'm gonna watch it right now. Looks somekind of Queen's Blade from the trailers and sexy figures.

/a/ keeps talking that Belial is the best girl.

Post template onegai.

>'Original' Fallen, i.e. before they fell?
This, I think. Mostly though they're an excuse for cool summons in a story bossfight while also reusing assets to save time. I'd like to see more versions of demons like that, if only so they can start appearing in later games as special fusions.

Which is the overall consensus on most difficult SMT game?

SMT1. I fucking dropped it after some weeks because that map is fucking bullshit and the dungeons look all the same.

SJ I guess. SMT is not that hard in general. DeSu 2 is the hardest Megaten I've played.

Sure.

I do not like this interpretation, as I consider the animal forms of the Fallen a result of the fact that they have fallen. Otherwise, I would expect more demons with animal features in the heavenly host. The 'redeemed' interpretation does not have this problem, as it is not unreasonable for them to have retained a part of their fallen form.

Also, they aren't merely an excuse. The essence of Yosuga is that only 'beautiful'/'strong' things should live and both Archangels and Oni's were in favor of that, so it makes sense that creatures who are to exemplify their ideal have both 'angelic' and 'demonic' traits (The demonic sponsor Baal also fits, as it used to refer to a benevolent fertility god, but was later 'demonised' by the Christian church)

>map is fucking bullshit and the dungeons look all the same.
makes the game easy desu all that amless wandering adds to free grinding

SMT1 is too much even for me.
SJ can easily be beaten with the MC only (as long your stat growths don't backstab you), though DeSu is genuinely hard. I had to spend an hour making an Abraxas skill set in order to defeat Botis.

SMT I and II can also be easily beaten with humans only, demons are only good for boss fights.

Isn't there a glitch in II where you can recruit humans and fuse them with demons, resulting in a random, even endgame, demons?

I think so but I've never tried it.

Pretty sure it's not a glitch, you can recruit some 'human' enemies in SMT1/2 and they result in random demons when fused. I know you can recruit Gaians/Mesians in SMT1 but the results are far less game breaking.

can you even recruit the bodycoinans in smt1?

Anyone got any smirk edits?

MT I

What is right or wrong?

It depends on you and others. You have your definition, respect it, but listen and considerate others as well.

SMT is right, persona is wrong.

Only you can decide that for yourself.