Are there similar cars that are cheaper? I really want one but people are asking far more than they're worth for them...

Are there similar cars that are cheaper? I really want one but people are asking far more than they're worth for them. I really like the angular mid-80s Japanese hatchback with pop-ups aesthetic

Other urls found in this thread:

inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/6174042651.html
supratraderonline.com/for-sale/1987-toyota-supra-470/
supratraderonline.com/for-sale/clean-2/
sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/6184416793.html
dsmtuners.com/attachments/awd-jpg.20665/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fox body mustang.

Those are pretty cheap though

fc rx7

In my area it's 7k for a decent one.

mk3's are pretty cheap depending on condition and mileage. They are one of the few remaining 80's sports cars that are relatively cheap

insane, where do you live?

LA

the 280zx is similar and also cheap because its trash compared to the s30

Not gonna find much in good condition for less than $6-7k out here. You could probably pick up an AW11 for $3-4k, but you better know what issues to look for. If you just want the look of an 80s hatch with no performance to speak of, get a third gen Accord.

$7k is reasonable for a Mk2 Supra that doesn't look like shit and drives well in CA. Keep looking in any case and haggle after you figure out common issues for the car you're looking at. It took me three months of daily searching to find an AE86 in decent shape and for less than $7k (400 miles away from me), and I only got it because it was posted less than an hour before I called the guy.

>I really want one but people are asking far more than they're worth for them
>I really want one

Yeah, so do a fuckload of other people.

I got this little guy for $200
$1100 and like 3 weekends later it had a new everything

Starions are fucking godmode but prices are all over the place

How is finding parts for it

Peep this one

inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/6174042651.html

Gorgeous

>still has the M motor in it
>10k
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

It's all original down to the radio. Not every car has to be modified, Mr. Cummy

Who cares if it has the original radio?
Those cars were awful stock, they have potential with swaps and stuff but they are still really heavy.
10k for a mid 80s car is a fucking rip off, doesn't matter how clean it is.

>10k for a mid 80s car is a fucking rip off, doesn't matter how clean it is.

There's literally zero collectible 80's cars? There are other type of car enthusiasts around. They are not all autistic furfags

arent u the guy that spun out the volvo when u werent even on the accelerator at 10 mph?

>mk2 supra is a collectors car
No.

Yes, the MK3

That's not what you originally said. Your argument was that any 80's car that cost $10,000 is a rip off.

Yes, and?
What I said is true, it's a massive rip off.

Why are Mk3s cheaper than Mk2s?

Because they look like shit.

I always thought MK3s were more popular

Because they are cheaper and more powerful. You can have a mk3 turbo for us half the price of a decent mk2

don't reply to dogfuckers

Dumb nuggetposter

Third Gen Pontiac Firebird. Flippy headlights and similar profile. Also availability of parts.

I had an 88 accord hatch. It was an awesome little car that got 300 miles to the tank when you drove it conservatively, and handled like a shoebox. Bought it for 750 with a shitbox trade in, second best out of the 5 cars I've owned.

Anyone want to swap a clean mk2 for a clean mk3? I need some 7mge and turbo whistle in my life.

Be warned though, drive this car long enough and you too will feel the call.

To OP, I got lucky with mine and bought it rusted out from a farm. Dunno how it got there but with some creative cutting and welding there's no more rust, and with a decent paint job it looks like a normal car now. Just need a new supra sticker

This thread made me check Supra prices in California and holy shit look at the delusion

supratraderonline.com/for-sale/1987-toyota-supra-470/

supratraderonline.com/for-sale/clean-2/

Do these people think they're going to get 10k+ for a 30 year old car with 100k miles on it? What's wrong with their brains?

>MY MOMS CAR IS FOR SALE!

Oooh a land vehicle.

just a heads up the 7mge is the non turbo version of the 7mgte (the t stands for turbo)

i got a 1990 MK3 supra for 1100 needs work but you can get them pretty cheap

>what's wrong with their brains
>living in California
You answered your own question.

cali is pretty race happy so cars like supras are a litle most expensive here...plus is a cali car soooo no rust

If you think that's bad, check out this guy's parents' mr2: sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/6184416793.html

So fucking stupid, I could pay seventeen dollars for a rope if I want my neck snapped that bad

I have a supra hatch sticker from when I owned one, had a shitload of parts with it but ended up getting rid of it. gimme a email to contact you and ill send it your way

first gen integras are pretty cheap.
got mine for 1k
I've seen about 3-4 more listed all around the same price.

Sure, here's a throwaway
[email protected]

sent you a message

>rihitrikaj
Are you a pajeet?

>supratraderonline.com/for-sale/1987-toyota-supra-470/

>Turbo: Stock Twin Turbos

Gotta admit they look fairly similar to m3 supras

What are you confused about?

>Starion

>mitsubishi could've used all they learned from the Starion for the Eclipse
>the Eclipse was just a sporty looking wrong wheel drive econobox
>"performance versions" had haldex-tier fwd biased "all wheel drive" systems

Retard
since they mostly get modded a clean bone stock one will always be worth more.
Toyotas with old DOHC engines have a huge fanbase, and it has a manual, value its not all about performance.

Yeah but they will actually run

Fuck off

>people are asking far more than they're worth

Not how the economy works bud.

where did you pull that information from?
DSM AWD is 50/50 split during normal operation.

dsmtuners.com/attachments/awd-jpg.20665/

You think anyone's actually buying these 10k 85 supras?

anyone commenting "mk3" is retarded. mk3s look like shit and are heavy and ugly

theres a roller for $200 where im from on craigslist

Izuzu Piazza

Honestly, these things are way ahead of their time, they make Toyota's look so fucken crude its not funny.

>Izuzu Piazza

I'd be amazed if anyone on Veeky Forums has ever even seen one.

Looks closer to an AE86 than a MkII Supra

that is retarded I see supras for cheaper here in rust state, ae86 yeah there is a big premium to pay

QFT, I'm negotiating a running driving twin turbo targa top mk3 supra down from 2500 to 2k as we speak