There are people on this board who would literally buy a Nissan GT-R over a Porsche 911 because muh laptimes

>there are people on this board who would literally buy a Nissan GT-R over a Porsche 911 because muh laptimes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C7Y-lUSNeXA
rennlist.com/how-tos/slideshows/ls-swapped-porsche-911-gt3-found-on-craigslist-photos-504504#2-the-engine
roadandtrack.com/car-culture/buying-maintenance/a31316/v8-swapped-porsche-996/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We all get it user, it's not worth making a thread about because they'll just shit this one up too.

of course... why would anyone ever buy europoorean trash?

>muh feels

I'm pretty sure Nissan's are shit right?
Like is the GTR that good?
I am driving a Sentra while my car is in the shop and I assume any company that produces something as shitty as what i've been forced to drive can't make a good car.

>there are people who'd buy either over a snek

>170 mph top speed

lol

Watch the motor trend video series where Randy Pobst takes the GTR to a hillclimb. He does fuck up and bin it, but he describes why the GTR is so good in an earlier video really well. It's all about consistency. Anyone can get in that car and be confident, and if you can be confident, you can be consistently fast.

it is the fastest volume production car aorund the ring

But the point is they make one good car and the rest of their brand is utter shit right?
Doesn't that mean they are shit?

the gtr is literally the only good car in nissans lineup
everything else is cheap trash upon trash
there's a reason why the 370z and gtr have gone so long without a meaningful update or new generation, its because nissan simply cant fucking do it
they're not capable

they say this because they're top gear watching weeaboos

they'll never be in the market for these cars.

>I am mad the 911 is slower than the GTR

what we all read

The GTR is the halo car. Everybody knows their commuters aren't good. But the GTR is.

Porch is typical German shit. Nice to drive, built to fail.

Don't buy German cars.

How come the GTR still rriggers Veeky Forums this hard???

>mfw a truck engine fixes a """"supercar""""

youtube.com/watch?v=C7Y-lUSNeXA

That's weird my e60 is 10 years old and going strong

>built to fail
>literally one of the most reliable cars you could purchase today second only to lexus

>over 100k for this interior

No thanks

177 with ACR aero
190 with T/A aero
206 with GTS aero

When do you need to go over 177mph anyway, 1700lbs of downforce is way cooler (Ferd GT "only" produces 400)

Why cant nissan into interiors?
This is literally a special edition 2017 car

The nismo isn't a volume production car it makes up less than 5% of total GTR sales. The regular R35 IS a slow peice of shit.

holy shit

>there people on this board who would literally buy a Porsche 911 over a Cayman because muh laptimes

now thats some chink shit

that 996 cabrio isnt anywhere close to a supercar.

show me a GT3 or GT3 RS with an LS swap that makes it faster

Holy shit it looks like the z interior hasn't been updated since 09. I drive my dads 09 just to keep it running since he's on extended vacation and it looks the exact same minus the shitty yellow bits. Terrible Nissan just terrible

nigger Porsche is literally the one reliable yuro brand.

"Built to fail"

Modern german cars are notably some of the most reliable today you absolute autist (excluding most VWs)

rennlist.com/how-tos/slideshows/ls-swapped-porsche-911-gt3-found-on-craigslist-photos-504504#2-the-engine

roadandtrack.com/car-culture/buying-maintenance/a31316/v8-swapped-porsche-996/

Plane engines belong in planes.

Question:

>Looking at buying a 2016 Cayman that is new but is obviously now almost 2 models old (2nd gen of 718s arriving in August)

>0 miles

Am I crazy to offer them the price as if it was lightly used, aka ~10-15% off MSRP?

>posting the older version

yes it is

Less than 200 units of the nismo were sold in its prime year of 2015 alone, that is not a volume production car, however it is still a production car, but then using your logic so is the 918, which still is faster around the ring

nope, the nismo is just a trim of the GTR, 200 is the number of units that were exported to america

sperg more

911 looks better and doesn't have a 4 cylinder

Worth it

the cayman gt4 has 6 cylinders you inbreed autist

The reason I got the gtr over a Porsche is because it's more usable day to day. They both have back seats but the gtr is a little longer so the back seats are a little more usable. It also has a massive trunk compared to the Porsche.

The R35 nismo is the R35 that undertook race enhancements from the separate Nismo division, granting it it's own sale figures and identification making it void from being a volume production car

Also saying "sperg more" doesn't validate your already shitty argument.

>The R35 nismo is the R35 that undertook race enhancements from the separate Nismo division, granting it it's own sale figures and identification making it void from being a volume production car

*citation needed*

the nismo is a factory line product, it is volume production

sperg more

>Porsche fags literally this mad
Top kek, and a 911 gt3 isn't a 911

The nismo is not created and exported in large numbers, therfore it is not a volume production car, it is not created in large volumes. You can't lump the regular R35 and the nismo in the same category because of how different they are in performance. The nismo is a production car, yes, but not one created in a large enough volume to be a volume production car, so it cannot qualify for your "fastest volume production car around the ring" title, emphasis on the word VOLUME

>The nismo is not created and exported in large numbers
the nismo is a GTR, thus it is a volume production car, the rest of your post was tl;dr

sperg more

A nismo is still a gtr
Learn what trim levels are you fucking imbecile

Now stop posting

>bbbut I'm user and I know more than the ceo of a billion dollar company!!!

The nismo is a separate version of the GTR line, specified for track performance only. Since it is only produced in small amounts it is not a volume production car since the major different in performance with the regular R35 and the nismo variant are too different to lump together. The nismo is simply a separate make of the GTR thus it isn't a volume production car.

Also, reading isn't that difficult for you is it?

AMG GT-R > Nissan

>bright green
>perfect proportions
>V8 with turbos in between banks for maximum compactness and response
>sounds amazing
>10-position traction control dial

Unnnfff

>The nismo is a separate version of the GTR line

still a GTR

sperg more

The GT2 RS is just a trim level of the 911 too right? so if it laps the ring faster than the N-attack it is the fastest "volume production" car around the ring?

>slower around the ring

996's aren't anywhere close to supercar level

That LS powered GT3 while very cool isn't anywhere close to being faster than a normal one on a track.

No it isn't then. The fastest volume production car around the ring would be one variant that is produced in mass numbers, not a tuned preformance inhancement

Nismo is factory line, thus volume production

a higher trim of a volume production car is still a volume production car

>by 3 seconds

Who cares lol

>slower than a 10 year old car

lol!

Just because something is a factory line doesn't mean it's volume production. The general deffinition for volume production is something produced in large numbers, since the R35 nismo is created by a separate division in limited numbers it doesn't fall under the category of "volume production"

>Just because something is a factory line doesn't mean it's volume production.

the Nismo GTR is a factory line trim of the GTR, which is a volume production car

now sperg more

>no AMG GTR

thanks for proving my point

Speedy nismo

>so far down the last I have to mention it's one of the Motor trend tracks

>unknown driver

nice fake laptime

Gtr fanboy in denial

>pls pls belive my fake laptimes!!

still no AMG GTR in your fake laptimes btw lol

Idc about the AMG GTR

gtr fanboy still spiralling into denial

>b-but the nismo can't be slower than anything it's gotta be a mistake!!

>"the amg gtr is better!!"
>gets BTFO
>"idc about the amg gtr!!"

lol

I didn't post about the AMG originally, I just chimed in lol

why do you interrupt and meddle in other people conversations? where are your manners? are you this rude in real life?

Current year digits.

The GT-R looks like a steaming pile of dog shit compared to this Porsche

>tfw 2018 911 gt3 manual allocations are waitlisted everywhere

I just want to give you my money, PAG. Why won't you take it?

>only replaced everything but the engine and chassis

Ur retarded. The 911 has become a massive, bloated, heavy luxury grand tourer. All the electronic faggotry, power everything, acres of wood paneling dash, power heated seats, takes up a ton of weight. The 911 has drifted far away from the original concept of a quick, nimble, lightweight sports car.

Today, the Cayman is exactly that car. A drivers' car.

Who are you quoting?

The guy with the BMW. he is implying its unreliable.

Right, well the only part I've replaced so far is the water pump so he can get fucked honestly

>[untraceable dash rattle intensifies]

holy shit i thought this interior looked good when it came out in 2009 (yellow notwithstanding), how far we've gone

>automatic only

eww

I agree, but you don't have to order all those options you mentioned.
A basic, low options Carrera 2/2S is well below 1,5 tons and driving dynamics are still spot on. Plus there's a manual, optional bucet seats etc.

The 991 has gotten a bit wide though.

I'd buy a Cayman GT4 over both. Come at me bro

>Nissan had to heavily mod the nismo
>Heavily modded version of an alreafy heavily modded version
The regular nismo can't keep up fuccboi. I wouldn't be surprised if they also had to use that modded nismo to beat a retulsr fucking corvette. The regular nismo is probably slower than the corvette

i don't understand that either everyone here keep shilling on gtr, seems people here thinking gtr maintenance are cheap like Honda civic.

>just a trim
The huracan is faster

Just get the upcoming facelift Cayman GT4 if you can't get into the GT3 allocations.

>not volume production

nah Porsche are just so much better looking
i would take a qt targa or the 911 R(or just get a 911 and remove the spoiler) than a gtr

The new GT3 will supposedly have a factory option to remove the wing and add a manual transmission, so you can basically have a 911 R with more sound deadening.

I am probably getting a Cayman next year

Then you have to pay ricertax for the GT4 when you could buy a Carrera S and have an equally good vehicle with no sort of premium nonsense.

>Today, the Cayman is exactly that car. A woman's car.
prove me wrong

nice lad

I'd say around 70% of them are driven by women.

How?? It's a sleek modern sports car oriented towards driver function.

Wow! You can read the brochure!

The Miata and the Audi TT are those things too but it doesn't change the fact that they're girly cars.

>the fact

1st gen S. Unless others drastically drop in price.
Have been offered a job in another city where the cost of living is half of here, I can't afford a Cayman here, I can over there and keep it as a weekender.

Porsches are as reliable as Lexuses

Id rather a R32 or R34 over either of those pieces of shit tbqh.
Im not a woman or a 60 year old brit, so why would i want a porsche?

>When do you need to go over 177mph
>talk about sport cars
pick one

welcom to japan. i never change my german for thos type of shit

>the Cayman is a woman's car
>prove me wrong
ez, you don't have one