/hg/ - Halo General

Easter edition

>The Kinsano DLC pack for Halo Wars 2 is now available for purchase or for free download to those with the season pass
- A new leader, Morgan Kinsano, armed with her own unique units and playstyle
- New Blitz Card Decks exclusive to Kinsano
- 3 achievements worth 30 Gamerscore

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/leggo-my-lekgolo

>Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

>New /hg/tage
youtube.com/watch?v=nYBXxSRjMfE&t

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/W7d73AG29mA?t=1m30s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Let it be known that 343 is incompetent.

Halo 5: ODST fucking when?

Let it be known that Halo 5 is the best multiplayer experience since Halo 2

>Halo 5: ODST
I'd play the FUCK out of that

Let it be known that nobody will ever take this meme seriously

Let it be known that this user has shit taste.

ODST are no longer a thing user, we have glorious Spartan 4s to take their place

ODST is definitely an overly glorified game, but I still think it works for the most part. It's a nice sweet little standalone H3 expansion.

Guardians' campaign would have been much better received if it HAD been a spinoff and not the main game.
But the squad based gameplay still fucked everything sideways. It was so bad they didn't even use it for firefight.

It's a nice walking sim

This, I never liked the game just as much as I didn't like Reach.

Kek

What do you mean by this? Are ODST no longer in use? Source?

Helljumpers got augments and folded into the Spartan IV program

We're never getting that armor

>tfw the PoA will never be a real ship

Dustin echoes

Does cortana want to fug chief

If a human married a Mgalekgolo, would it be considered polygamy?

is there any way to petition MS to bring compatible arcade games from 360 to one

don't they already do that though? i have a bunch of 360 arcade games in my install list.

with some yeah
but not the game I want to play the most

>
>
>

Well boys, we managed to limp to 300, but it doesn't look like we're gonna last much longer.
For the record, it's been an honor.

marble blast ultra?

What game?

Why does ODST get the cake from /hg/

>Worst MC in Halo. No emotion. No value. Makes DoomGuy look like a deep character

>ODSTs act like frat boys and kids with water guns. Despite ads and lore making ODST look like no BS warriors.

>Stealth element a joke. Silenced weapons dont change gameplay at all

>No multiplayer. Forge. Firefight limited. But 60 bucks

Music. Comfyness (sometimes) sure. But. Seems like a falsely advertised shallow game given a 60 buck price but only really with a 15-20$ DLC download for Halo3.

Why didnt ODST
>Punish crazy playing. You weren't chief power but somehoe can board tanks and run n gun

>Use actual stealth. Silenced guns should have had use other than tacticoolness

>More teamwork. I dont remember ODSTs just solo killing covies. There should have been 10+ marines in each fight following you and assisting. Youre humans fighting 8 foot tall beasts. Even Spartans have hard times against Brutes

>ODST style multiplayer. Totally unique to Halo.

ODST could have been much more.

Brutes and Hunters should have been boss tier. 80% of your fights should have been jackals. Grunts and yes. Drones. Covenant wouldn't need brutes in every battle when a pack of grunts and/or jackals could take out a squad of marines given enough numbers.

Imagine if Brutes were legit scale. Almost twice your size. Running at you at speeds you cant outrun. Knocking over tables and climbing walls just to bash your face in. Or if Hunters were Wraith tier enemies that needed entire groups of marines or your team to take down. Covenant vehicles should have taken several minutes to take down. Not 5 seconds. Where was the fear factor. The need for tactics. Stealth. You may as well been playing a Spartan 4

I don't know, I never liked ODST or Reach.

Its easter sunday user, it'll be fine

I'd rather leave the game developing to actual developers rather than some basement dweller lurking on /hg/. Besides, gameplay isn't canon, nor should it be.

Leaving the game developing to actual developers gave us Halo 4.

Yes, but everyone knows 343 is horrible.

They're professional developers and you're a basement dweller, you know nothing and they know everything.

I assume we're talking ODST?

Which is why 4 and 5 have been so great at retaining their player bases.

But developers always know better. :^)

>They're professional developers
The vest devs are teams of people that knew each other, often through college, and shared a common vision of a game THEY themselves wanted to make.
343 industries is a group of people personally assembled by Microsoft for the sole purpose of keeping an already existing IP profitable.

>th-these developers aren't real because i said so my argument is still valid

>th-these developers aren't real because i said so
Who are you responding to? Because I never said that. Also why are you stuttering?

>he thinks good games come from buttbuddy devs
If that were true then Kikestarter would be good

>being this triggered by an accurate statement of 343s origin
I just don't understand you people. It's one thing if someone is criticising a game you like, and to get triggered by even that is to be on the spectrum, but this is just sad.

They're developers. They know better than you, a non-developer.

Kickstarter projects fail because the devs are in charge of their own project direction and timeline. Traditional studio funding produces better products because there's people making sure everything stays in line

They know how to make a video game better than me. They don't know what a good video game is however.

Why not? They're literally paid to develop games.

Someone that makes video games will be better at making video games than someone that does not make video games. No shit sherlock.

Likewise, someone that enjoys Halo is going to have better judgement over what a good Halo game is than a group of people that "don't like halo"

343shills out in full force today I see

>343shills out in full force today I see
Last thread was pretty mean to them. They're trying to get an early foothold in this one

This is some rock bottom arguing.

Thanks for ruining Easter.

Okay, so you're conceding that is full of shit?

Without scrapping Halo 5 from continuity, how can Halo 6's story be salvaged?

Have Cortana get blown the fuck out by Atriox

It can't be salvaged. We can only ride the burning wreckage down like a surfboard.
So that means that Chief, Locke, Arbiter, and the Rookie because fuck you all get drunk and go around blowing up Halo rings.

>the rookie

user....

That's why I said fuck you.

Breath.
Just... breath.
Now Reach out.
What do you see?

343 shills...
Nostalgiafags...
The balance.

It's so much worse than you could ever imagine.

I know this one truth...
The company has to end.

We were supposed to bring balance to the 300th thread.... Not destroy it

>People care about the rookie

>People still even talk about "it"

>People actually get mad when faceless voiceless shallow and pointless characters die

Is Rookie like the weird alien looking crippled person that people pretend is "Beautiful" in order to pretend they too have souls.

Its like Im expecting someone to say it's a joke. A ruse. A meme. But people still complain. I dont see you hating how Johnson dies like a bitch. Or how Mirinda was cringe tier in Halo3.

Just stop. End. Finish. Be done. Complete. No more. Negative. False. Begin to stop your autism.

Rookie is. And was. Never. Important. Or. Good.

Rookie was a better character than anything 343 made.

343 still is less Jew than current or even early bungie

Still gave you custom browers.

Made forge grand

Split screen and chief already confirmed in halo 6.

Bungie forced DLC. And dont say it was MS but then not use that half ass defense for 343. Either its

>MS forced bungie to release priced DLC and lock playlist and never or rarely have price cuts. Also MS saw how microtransactions are profitable and made 343 do it for cash.

Or

>Both devs just did what they wanted

Autism is real. /hg/ is beyond dumb. My god. You guys were fucking idiots before. Youre always going to think like sheep. Talk like sheep. Act like sheep

343 is better. No nostalgia. Cucking. Dumb meme out of context YouTube videos. Meme pics "muh muh ol days"will make bungie good. They got lucky. Like Chief. Lucky with no real skill. Just a magical luck of the shot. CE was unfinished. Halo2 was unfinished. Halo3 was unfinished

The irony is. Sprint would have been in Halo2 given time. I wish it would. Cause all of you would have been defending sprint like you defend your virginity

>even spartans have hard times against brutes
not really

Rookie was better than all of Osiris sans Buck

We care about him because we literally were him you autist. I didn't fight through that city on my own just for the rookie to get cucked out of a quiet ending.

UNLIMITED POWEEEEERRRR

we need kai to come back so there can be more memes about him

The 343 shills are out strong today.

>343
>canon

No, go fuck yourself

Not him, but I've honestly never give much of a shit about the extended canon

Why don't we have Achilles yet /hg/?

I would've helped the company with the helmet, but some people got too "muh sekrit club" around the time of the armor for my tastes, so I joined a different one to get the chest piece

>cr1tikal is disparaging forge mode

wtf i hate cr1tikal now, I thought he was /our guy/!

youtu.be/W7d73AG29mA?t=1m30s

It's a legitimate criticism. Forge looks nowhere near good enough to be the main visual component of any game.

Forge isn't the main visual component of halo either, it's just the most popular because it's extremely flexible and fun, you can do things that you just can't get out of dev-made maps.

wrecked revenge revisited

The point is a game in 2017 shouldn't look like it was made entirely in Halo 5's forge.

>caring what a game looks like if it's fun

>caring about the story of a game if it's fun

*ahem* Halo 5

>wanting it to look like shit

While graphics usually aren't important, a game shouldn't look worse than previous entries in the series.

ive finally accepted that halo is now shit and will forever be shit as long as 343 is making it. not even being king of console fps bothers me, because that shit is gone for other reasons. halo fucking sucks now.

ive put two weeks into halo 5 multiplayer. its embarrassing, but i don't want any of that nostalgia/reddit/need to innovate bullshit. 343 fucking killed halo.

halo 6 is going to continue the trend of sprint/sparta abilities and if you think that that shit isn't whats killing halo, then your first halo was either reach or past that.

and yes i remember when halo 2 came out and everyone shit on it for being casual and too easy and so different than CE but other than dual wielding, the game was still built around guns/melee/grenades. at least in halo 3 it was hard to snipe/br.

dont feel like ranting anymore.

Whats an example of that?

I'll take any improvement I can possibly get over halo 4. Maybe 5 is shit, but in comparison, I DEFINITELY enjoy it.

I essentially agree with this

We're in an upward swing for quality, so I'm hopeful for 6

Not really an upward swing, more of a "they broke stuff and set a little bit of it back to the way it was, but expect to be praised for fixing what they broke." And mind you, a lot is still broken.

>been gone for months
>come back
>people still autistic about 343
Never change

This.
Every day I show up here hoping for some actual... I don't know, Halo discussion, but nope, just more company wars.

Don't get me wrong, 343i obviously blows as a dev and deserves pretty much all the shit they get here, but we're at the point now where we are just talking in circles. Shitting on spartan ops, 5's campaign, or unlimited sprint for the 1000th time won't change anything just like the 999th time didn't change anything. The fact of the matter is the games we have are the games we have.
Can we please just actually discuss Halo?

"All 900p or less titles on Xbox One will easily be able to run smoothly at 4k on Project Scorpio"

Get hype

>Favyn is playtesting installation 01
Daily reminder that "what the Halo Community wants" is determined by 4 or 5 youtubers.

Just to remind you all who are writing autistic walls of text as if you're trying to recite the opening speech to Hatred, it's down the road not across the street.

Why do they keep showing pictures of the guts of the devkit as if any normal person is supposed to know what it means?

This

What the fuck did I just read?

It's too lengthy and autistic to be real, so it's probably just bait.