/ndg/ - NieR/Drakenguard General #61

>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

The Cat's MeWOW Edition

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>[Official NieR:Automata page]
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE] - World Guides, Novellas, Lore, etc.
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[PC Troubleshooting]
pastebin.com/qEZD3VLJ

>[NieR:Automata Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia] - Untranslated, use Chrome
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>[/ndg/ Downloads Pastebin] - Ripped OST, Lewds, Steam Reskin
pastebin.com/YWG8irCu

>[NieR: Automata Mining and Moddin Steam Group]
steamcommunity.com/groups/nierMnM

>[Nier Automata Lossless OST + Bonus HACKING TRACKS Disc]
mega.nz/#F!xpND2ZQI!SGnaDUc7MW5VDCJ4B9q4xA
mega.nz/#F!ppsjEICJ!SH2WwEAxnsQd99rZfN6u8Q
PASSWORD=hikaru

English track list
vgmdb.net/album/65091

Nier:Automata Save Editor:
Python script:
dropbox.com/s/p9539mxoe2lyi5s/N_A_editor.py?dl=0
Executable:
dropbox.com/s/jt2gs9ou1nhxhfc/N_A_editor.exe?dl=0

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8tltdMKMveg
github.com/Spl3en/NierAutomataFreeCamera
github.com/Spl3en/NierAutomataFreeCamera/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

some gay as shit in this thread so far

We're dead :(

So how did original Nier get attacked by Shades in the prologue of the game already? I thought those weren't a thing at that point in time.

Those were the people who were affected by the disease and chose not to turn into salt

1.06 patch fucking when? The mangled text when hacking is really getting old. I thought it was an April Fool's joke update, and boy, was I wrong.

1.07, I meant. I'm on 1.06, Jp version.

I love toobie so much. I just want to be with her forever. Even when my body is defunct, I want to be with her in life and death. To watch over her if she should suffer alone in the world, so that she at least had something that cared for her on those quiet nights where thoughts and emotions are ripe. I'd die and go through hell over and over just for that chance to be with her at the end of it all l, because the bliss of a moment with her is worth more than an eternity of suffering.

Why did YoRHa build 9S when they knew he was going to discover the big secret. Why go through all of the trouble of making an executioner Android when they could just make 9S less inquisitive and less likely to go snooping around?

The prologue takes place in 2049
The technology for separating souls from bodies had already been developed.
The problem was that the Gestalts were relapsing and turning berserk extremely fast.
After the prologue Nier went on to become the Original and that would stabilize Gestalts.

HOW TO OPEN?

It was, but the Gestalts were relapsing very quickly. The Hamlin organization was handing out Grimoires to refugees looking for shelter so they could try and find the "Original" who would be able to undergo the process without relapsing. That's why Nier was Grimoire Noir with him in the prologue.

Scanners are the best at gathering intel
Androids more or less are autonomous, they act in their own accord unless specific measures are in place and even then the only hard coded restrictions they have is not to attack each other, a restriction that nines was able to hack. My guess is that scanners just keep finding loopholes in the system by accident.
As for executioners, they can be assigned to more than just scanners. They are fitted to fight rouge androids like A2.
As one user a couple threads ago said: if an E unit is in your party, no need to worry. If an E unit is your sole partner, someone upstairs wants you dead.

it is prob part of a quest. Might even be part of one you cannot do as A2

His benefits in information gathering outweighed the cons. Especially when YoRHa was also just one big combat data acquisition program for the next generation of combat models as well.

>Why go through all of the trouble of making an executioner Android
They didn't go through all this trouble just for one android. The E-Type Program was part of the project plan since the beginning. They just plucked one of them from the lot and permanently assigned them to 9S.

Calm down, Nines.

We'll know monday!

We're gonna watch the stram together, right /ndg/?

what the hell is with the black cloth floating in the air?

Thank you for playing

what time does it start

When you learn to use the Internet.

Hello /ndg/ I recently bought Automata and I've a question. I spoiled myself that during my first playthrough I get mission to defend the missiles on beach it is path of no return. So now my autism of collect everything is getting to me and I'm trying to fish and hunt for upgrade material for weapons. Should I just stop all of this and just continue with game or is it okay if I continue hunting for stuff?

Also how can I get black box chips to drop? I've been at amusement park for ages riding this train for Attack chips but I never got any black box ones. Thank you.

Stop immediately.
It's your first playthrough. All these things can be done through the rest of the game.

wait a moment so we actually can't open it right now?

YouTube shows the date adjusted for your timezone: youtube.com/watch?v=8tltdMKMveg

You should prooooooooooobably not chill around here, or you'll get spoilt even further.

Even after completing "Story"? I do know there are multiple ends, but I really don't know how they work. Don't spoil but a simple yes and no, after I complete an end do I get to still roam around and complete this little oddities?

Also do I really have to kill the amusement park robots to gain intel on them? Can I just kill one of each and simply run away?

Also is pic related the spot to farm Beetle Fish. I've been here for 2 hours switching up bots and standing spots every few minutes.

Thank you for the warning. Honestly, I'm just asking then playing the game, and looking at icon on tab if someone replied then finding (You)s. Still can you point me somewhere safer where I can ask questions?

This game blows my mind. True cyberpunk.

Anyone got a 100% savegame to share?

So I just beat the game, endings ABCDE, and I'm confused as all fuck.

Who built that fucking tower? What happened to the replicants? Also does the war keep repeating itself? Does the bunker constantly get rebuilt and destroyed?

What the fuck is happening

read the intel

Machines
Play Nier
No, it's just stagnant
No

>Who built that fucking tower?
The machine network. It was intended as a way to destroy the moon, but was repurposed into an ark instead.
>What happened to the replicants?
They're all fucking dead, all of them, there is no trace of humanity left, and they were dead even before the aliens arrived.
> Also does the war keep repeating itself?
No, though this is the 14th large-scale assault on the machine lifeform forces, so kind of in that sense.
>Does the bunker constantly get rebuilt and destroyed?
No. It being destroyed was the final part of the plan to convince the remaining androids (quote unquote "real" androids, rather than the YoRHa units) that humans were still alive.
>What the fuck is happening
After failing utterly to keep the humans alive a lot of the remaining androids basically started killing themselves due to lack of purpose. Some androids thought this was bad and that they shouldn't do that. Then aliens invaded. These androids took the chance to convince the others humans still existed and had escaped to the moon and give them new purpose so they would stop fucking killing themselves. Their plan involved setting up a group of new androids supposedly personally created by the humans to sell the lie- but some of these "new androids" would have to know the plan, and thus were potential info leaks, so the plan also had to kill them all at some point. The androids decided it would be unethical to make these new androids truly sentient, and thus decided to make them out of cores of the machine lifeforms, who did not appear to be sentient- that way they wouldn't feel guilty about killing them off later the creation and later destruction of YoRHa was only to sell and seal the lie that humans were alive to keep android morale up.

Also worth noting what lead to the destruction of the Bunker was where 9S found the backdoor program and even used it.

Once you get endings A-E, you unlock chapter select which allows you to pick any point in the game to jump to, freeing you up to do whatever you missed and work towards 100%.

For now, I would not recommend sitting for several hours fishing up the Desert Beetle, Swordfish, etc. when it can easily be done later. For now focus on the story and narrative, because you don't want it to lose momentum and impact.

Does the bunker constantly get rebuilt and destroyed?
No, the plan for it's destruction was a last ditch effort thing, basically if they were on the verge of victory they were going to blow it all up to ensure no one would find out the truth of it all. Things did not go as planned and N2 got in the Bunker with the Backdoor program that was their and destroy things prematurely.

Oh. Thank you! I guess I'll focus on story then!

I backed up my saves, but I'm not going to restore them and disgrace their gratitude,

New game, hard mode, let's do it!

I'll be honest there doesn't seem to be much point keeping the save after a certain point. You get super OP that short of the hardest difficulty the challenge is completely gone, you can't replay side quests and your inventory just becomes a clutter mess of worthless junk. It turns into a might as well delete it becuase of you are revisiting it later after completion, you have to start fresh anyway.

I just got ending A. Is it worth playing again for the other endings? It seems like a pain in the ass especially since it took me like 35 hours to get through my first playthrough

You are only 1/3 through the game, and the other segments will pass by much faster

Show me your dedication, anons.

You literally haven't seen shit yet.

Playthrough B is not as bad as it sounds, most of the main story quests have you doing entirely different things which generally will go faster than the first playthrough, plus the sidequests will be new as well.

Playthrough C isn't a repeat of anything in any way, it's all new. D and E are just alternate endings of playthrough C, E being the true one.

I hope you hakked your way to this. I wouldn't wish gathering 100% fishing and unit data upon my worst enemies.

Same as you. Getting the machine swordfish was hell tho.

Is THAT hard to fish that shit?

Its pure RNG, you can be done in 5 minutes or 5 hours depending on your luck.

So Debola and Popola are still alive in ending E?

I'm sorry user.

FUCK EVERYTHING

You guys may remember that image of a freaky looking thing in the back of the Lower Factory. I grabbed the freecam mod and tried flying over there and it looks like some weird white room with a flower-shaped ceiling and some entrance to it. But I can't figure out how to fly up and down in with this freecam mod. Does anyone know how? I'm using this one:

github.com/Spl3en/NierAutomataFreeCamera

Nevermind, I got it. You need to hold down the right stick and move the left. That thing in the back is the base of the tower.

Or the tower elevator, I guess.

>the Flower is incorporated into the Tower's architecture
>also flower and tower rhyme
Now this is the kind of deepest lore that I can get behind.

There's a tower-like spiral above the room and some tower debris floating around next to it. I'd guess they maybe just keep those models here and just move them to the Tower for the cutscene of it collapsing?

Teleported A2 into that room and it changed her location accordingly on the world map. It's actually directly beneath the Tower.

>talking to Emil after buying some stuff in his store
>he invites me to his home
>go to his home, get some neat materials and unit data in that cave
>suddenly million player corpses in the second to last room

This won't end well, isn't it?

>there's a cheevo for killing the friendly machines just enjoying themselves in the amusement park

I'm gonna savescum and still feel like a piece of shit

I wonder why only the elevator is visible from there.

Do you think you'd be able to find Emil's or Kaine's homes from there? Or basically any of the underground areas in the game.

actually it for any blue health bar machine
I got the cheevo from murdering the village for that ending
>I did nothing bad! I did nothing bA-

What's more interesting is, if you go back to the very first image I posted, you can see the little red halo around the tower elevator in the background. That screenshot isn't from me, it was from some user who posted it wondering about that thing. When I went to check it with freecam, I took the chapter where A2 heads to the tower and it's already unlocked and that halo isn't visible, so you can even see the little red blocking halo from beneath the factory while the Tower is closed.

I'll try the Emil thing in a second.

those redheads? They never came back.

The Flower only has 5 petal though.

>accidentally tapped light attack while passing through the town
>"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

>Watching myself mess with my settings from route A
Spooky

Be honest, you're relieved too, aren't you?

Lewd! (Im sure 9S loves being dominated)

Kaine's Hut isn't actually beneath the mall until you ride the elevator there. They just fool you by having the elevator take a while, even though the exit is directly beneath it, and then swap out the whole map for Kaine's hut.

By a sweet autistic senpai who tries to be all emotionless and shit? You have to be a philistine of the highest magnitude to not want that.

Cool I guess. Wish I understood enough about game development to figure why they'd have something like her shack load in a different map but not the same for the abandoned factory.

features that made the combat more technical were removed or restricted in a way that they are not accessible at all.

Examples:

>With a small sword, jump, and then press heavy attack and jump 1 frame after. You'll see the blades helicopter around you. This can be done with almost any attack. Why would that effect be there if it can't hit anything?
>Why can't we start an air combo more than twice in the air, and even then you need to do it straight from a jump/evade or else it won't work.
>Why can't we start an air combo after having done an air heavy attack and cancelling it with jump?
>Why is there no enemy hop equivalent to let you stay in the air as long as you play well enough?
>Why can't we aim attacks in any direction with the left stick? Keep in mind that this restriction means we cannot aim 9s' sword throw attacks in one direction, and then once the sword has been thrown forward aim it in any direction from there. This is possible without enemies. Why isn't it possible with enemies? There's an auto-chip set. Why remove features if it isn't to make things accessible?
>Why can't we have 3 weapon sets like certain ex-yorha members?

Someone needs to do some cheat engine work and fix this shit.

Because it's probably a spoiler. Those elevator that no one has gotten into work the same way.

Can you explain how the mod works at all. There are no instructions anywhere for it. I can't get any type of free camera movement with gamepad or kb+m

Oh hey. I had that one, but I sold it. Am I fucked now?

It should still be in your fishing encyclopedia.

>implying anyone really knows what impure thoughts he's hiding

The cave leading up to Emil's place is the same. Doesn't load in until you ride the elevator there, so I doubt you could find either Kaine's hut nor Emil's place from the Lower Factory. I did however use the opportunity to grab some clean snaps of the alien corpses and their motherships. Nothing really special to them, but it's neat to have close-ups.

Yeah, it's kind of a weird thing. For the cave to Emil it makes a little sense, since it's rather large, but that little cave could easily sit there. Maybe it has something to do with that ambient snow around the entire world, but I'm afraid I don't really know too much about how these engines work either.

github.com/Spl3en/NierAutomataFreeCamera/releases

When you download the .exe from here, you need to launch Nier: Automata first and then, when you're ingame, launch the .exe. It'll pop a little message telling you freecam is enabled and then you should be able to move the camera around using left stick for horizontal movement and the right stick for rotating. If you hold R2 you accelerate, if you hold L2 you decelerate, and if you hold in the right stick the left stick starts moving you up and down. If you press Square/X, you can spawn your player to the camera's location. If you want to revert to the normal camera, you just need to run the .exe again, it'll pop a message saying freecam is disabled.

Remember to spawn your player to where you are some times to make the engine actually load the environment you're at. If you just fly there, it won't load in all the assets and you need to warp your character there for the engine to trigger a load.

Whoops, forgot the picture of the alien stuff.

adam and eve not adam and steve ok praise jesus

What if there are more than one aliens?

The elevators behind the apologetic machines also have an exit right beneath them, just like the elevator to Kaine's hut. So, going by the fact that something loads in there when you enter that exit, it's basically confirming, yet again, that this is where DLC will lead to.

Same for the desert one.

That is even better, it is wat I love about her
Nobody knows what is he hiding behind that cute face

Adam knows.

How does stacking chips work? Can I get 100% physical damage reduction by stacking a bunch of high level chips?

No, they have a hardcap and the one for physical damage reduction is 80%.

The controls don't work for me at all. I can just play the game as normal.

tips for hard mode, best weapons/pods/chip setups pls

>The part where you hack A2 and the camera slowly pans around and turns into inventory/status screen

Holy shit.

I wish the game had more mindfuckery like this with 9S hacking.

Don't get hit.

Should I be hyped for DLC? Im sure it will be fucking alternate costumes

Is there a single logical reason they took lock-on out of hard mode and beyond?
It's not like it's that good to begin with and 9S auto-targets everything like a goddamn sniper anyway.

>mfw Emil's song on the OST

I got a full week of holidays ahead, I think I'm gonna do it

50€ on green man gaming seems ok, eventhough I'd rather get it for 40.
Anybody got a different € shop that has it maybe cheaper?

None of that keyseller cancer like g2a and mmoga pls.

Can cheat engine be used for level manipulations?
Feels like it's the only way to avoid being overpowered to shit and killing bosses too fast even with bare fist.

Beats me, Missile Pod still autotargets on hard and VH.

>2B in a Plain Doll's costume
>A2 in a Lady Maria costume

pls

I did it, bought it for 46€.