/wotg/ - World of Tanks General

Stale bread FAQ:
>Where do I look up tanks?
tanks.gg/wot/
>How do I find people to platoon with?
Don't be blue and ask in the Veeky Forums channel
>What is the most aesthetic tank in the game?
Lorraine 40t

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p7IOHHLimFM
asia.wargaming.net/shop/wot/vehicles/
worldoftanks.asia/ja/news/column/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why the fuck can I not stop playing like absolute trash?

allow me to remind you: the centurion AX is ugly

Fuck this game

>mfw updating my "tanks ready to buy list"

Also how do I earn more credit reserves? I need to grind credits like a mother fucker after that equipment sale. I spent 4 million on modules and shit for my tanks.

>Page 8

>forced to scout in a Lago because our cap is under threat and a hidden enemy T67 is shredding anything that goes near it
>meanwhile our PzIC is sitting 450 meters away from the enemy trying to snipe with his MG

>this is what i get when i try to grind tanks

What mods does /wotg/ use? I just came back to the game in almost 3 years, they even made the "last seen" location on the minimap a default feature now.

>How do I find people to platoon with?
>Don't be blue and ask in the Veeky Forums channel

have you ever considered getting good?

XVM, session statistics, a mod for more zoomout, spotted messenger

tundra, autoaim+, mortar mod

Anybody got any decent 6th sense icons? This one is a bit too obstructive.

How about the default one you autist.

no fun faget

pic related

make it smaller or more transparent

CHARIOTEER IS SHIT

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

this
and custom mp3 file with quickybabys "OH HES SO BAD HES SO BAD... HES SO BAAAD"

>WG will never nerf Defender
this is fucking bs for a T8
yes it can see T10s, but its on par with T9s and roflstomps everything from T6-T8
it also makes enough crds to spam gold rounds for everything it faces

what UI mod do most people use now a days? I wanna try one

Tier 5

>still complaining about the Defender
Defender is old and busted
Lorraine is the new hotness

but goy, we will never* of selling defender again so is of zero problems da?

* until we need to fund new cars and vacations

yea, like they promised never to sell the mutant or E25

well at least they never sold SU76l again so they kept their word once right

maybe theyll do it again :^)

Given how WG gives absolutely no fucks about anything belove tier VI they might, in some 100€ bundle at worst

youtube.com/watch?v=p7IOHHLimFM

>asia.wargaming.net/shop/wot/vehicles/
God damn ASIA server is not fucking around with those deals

Go away jew

>this is the shit i have to put up with every single day
its not enough that i cant get away from this broken ass game running on an engine from the early 2000s
no ive gotta endure the ramblings of a lobotomized retard that is worse at this game than the average eastern european dad
but dont worry he is jut pretending and youre a fucking tryhard normie if you call him out for it

Should I get the STB or the Cent AX?

Cent

Why get either if you can just get the Object 430 instead?

if youre gonna post that evertime i post something at least use spoilers

>haven't played WoT in more than a year
>finally new LTs (t9-10)
>WG wants to nerf their VR because it makes them better scouts than mediums
I'm really, really trying to find a reason to get back into this game. I have some friends that still play it and want me to join them, but every bit of news make it seem as if WG just doesn't want people to play the game.

If i research the 13 90 now will i get the bc 12t in the next patch?

Fuck off retard.
This has been answered several times and takes 5 seconds to find relevant news on wot main page.

KYS

>its on par with T9s

it's more like t9.5 since it has is7 armor and t9 gun

Ok, thanks

W...what's going on? Is the general always this slow now?

Game turned overtly pay2win with the new tier8 premiums. On top of that the new tier 10 lights got nerfed to absolute shit before being released this Tuesday. Morale is low and prospects grim.

>Be trash
>Get one really amazing game on T29
>near the end the best guy on the team who I was on the same flank invites me on the platoon, thinking I am good
>decline

Enough! This has gone too far you nigger fetishist cuckold. kys

its real european hours now
also before the the burger shitposting took overhand the general was always this slow

Reminder.

Russians sure do love their animu.

Just goes to show that slavs and caucasians are the true master races.

oh, I see, the viralling campaign of introducing a completely irrelevant Czech tree before an Italian or even more lines to the current ones was a huge success

I can't get my lazy bastard friends to play WoT, and I'm too busy to join a clan, so I have to play most of my battles alone, as in 14/15 tomatos on the team-alone. (full disclosure: I'm merely a green-shitter)
So my question is: how do you guys avoid becoming toxic af, when almost all lost battles are lost, because the 14 other players are too stupid to form simple tactics in their minds, play to their tanks' strengths or even glance at the map just once every battle?
I honestly can't stop hating my teams after a while, when every fucking battle consists of me trying to carry a load of tomatos.

>So my question is: how do you guys avoid becoming toxic af
you snap after around 5-6k games and you no longer feel rage, it all becomes expected statistical outcome that should've happened at one point and decided to happen this match. It's equal to getting mad at and blaming the roulette for ending up on black instead of red - pointless

>I'm too busy to join a clan
but whats stopping you from platooning?
>how do you guys avoid becoming toxic af
i rage at my team all the time when they decide to camp instead of try to win

I play other vidya.

Honestly, it comes and goes. Sometimes I can carry things through and it is OK. It bugs me when obvious tactical decisions to move up and progress or to retreat and defend are ignored for blatant bad tactical decisions.

Kind of this. You eventually train yourself to kind of expect things. If it gets really bad I just stop playing and go on hiatus for a few weeks or months.

I am overdue for a hiatus actually.

Sorry, user. I should have explained that apart from being a massive green-shitting faggot, I also detest platooning with strangers, as I never know if they have my back, and as mentioned I can't convince my asshole friends to play some WoT instead of WoW or Overwatch.
I have a brother, but he got tired of me being slightly better then him, so he literally quit WoT the first day he installed XVM.

Glad to know my betters rage a lot too.

What is your ingame name?

>I also detest platooning with strangers,

You should get over

>I also detest platooning with strangers,

How are you supposed to make friends with that attitude? Try platooning with anons

Because of the forementioned faggotry, which involves me having bought a meme tank some years ago, I'd rather not say. I'm just your run of the mill almost-decent player who checks the map, tries to help his team mates and play to win, and I mostly stay in the tier 6-9 range, as I can't afford to run tier 10s all the time, so I'm more often than not forced to carry as a tier-underdog, which is my own damn fault really.

Well how many battles do you have so far? And like the other user said at around 5-6k games you switch from being mad to passive aggressive to just losing all faith in your fellow players. Then you reach a point where you only play the most overpowered tanks in the game because its the only tolerable way to play it anymore. They will never learn and they will never listen even if they do speak english. They say they "play for fun" not because they're actually having fun but because their egos can't handle the fact that they are bad at video games and need to learn and git gud. Its what lets people progress to purple, after having grinded out all the shit tanks which drag your ratings and winrate down, by always assuming there's more to learn and asking yourself what you could have done to improve your game.

Don't focus on your winrate, instead focus on staying alive as long as possible while doing as much damage as possible throughout the entirety of the match and learning the maps. Eventually you'll be able to look at the lineup and accurately predict where tanks will go on both teams 95% of the time. Don't bother leading from the front unless you're 100% sure you will win any engagement you'll run into at that point. The tomatoes are just meat shields and if they want people to stop using them like that then they need to actually git the fuck good so you know you can rely on them to make the right choice.

Batchat or amx 30 first?

bc

How come the japs get animegirls in their news?

worldoftanks.asia/ja/news/column/

>being a newfag

he would have a dolan-tier face if he wasn't fat

that youll never know because hes a manchild neet, a sleeper revolution cell, waiting to strike at those pesky fat reserves

Thanks for the advice. I'm beginning to suspect that me pathologically needing to go down all the tech trees might be a bad idea, as I'm usually playing somewhat stock tanks or grinding lesser tanks to get to the better ones.
As for the meat shields: it's very hard to use them as shields, when they camp in the back, while I frantically try to extend vision for them, hoping they're actually in position to hit anything I spot. Also: lemming trains all day.
I always do some post-mortem considerations, and they mostly boil down to "I was too aggressive", a problem I've had for years and have yet to get under control. I'm so incapable of containing myself, I often find myself at the frontlines in my turrestless, unarmored TDs, which I know is stupid, though it often yields good results.
To make matters worse, I'm a 26k battles green shitter. It took me way too long to actually learn the basic mechanics of the game, and some things I had to get from Youtubers.
I think I'll focus on staying alive from now on, even if that means letting an entire flank go to the enemy team from the get go.

are you the guy who bought the lowe strait away?

That's another thing. Ignore where your tank's strengths are on the map and instead look at where your dumb ass team has decided to run drooling off to and help them. The other flanks can deal with it unless you're in a fuck off tank like a maus or a hulldown 113/is7. And a common misconception about using the tomatoes as meatshields is staying behind them. You can be using them as meatshields while being far ahead of them. You see, tomatoes generally don't understand reload times or how to use cover properly. So if you want to spot go to an area where the tomatoes on your team will get spotted if they shoot. This way if you can make yourself even slightly smaller of a target their tomatoes will just wind up shooting your tomatoes while you farm damage. What sort of tanks do you like playing the most?

What I find very important is evaluating your position in the team against the make up of the enemy.
Depending on the tank you are playing, you need to know what role you should take in the battle for maximum effect.
The most sure fire way of winning any game is if you can flank the main force of the enemy.
Obviously, because of the "Everyone else on my team is a retard" mentality, you will most likely want to be the one with the momentum for a push. I stay on the defence mainly if my team decided to lemming, so I try to prevent or slow down flank attacks, or if I am bottom tier.
So if you see or feel a group of guys having momentum, you should try supporting them.
I don't know if you ever felt it, but is it fucking amazing if you gel with some random and you get a perfect synergy going. It honestly gets me tingly when I can communicate with some other guy through turret swings and intuition.
If I ever find someone who I feel competent, I go as far as to taking shots for him just to make sure we can stay mobile. I look at HP in amount of hits I have left rather than blunt numbers. Better that there are 2 tanks with 500hp that both can take 2-3 hits rather then me with 800 and the other guy covering behind with 150.

Ofcourse there are those games where I suck harder then a 500 game potato and want to off myself

god this game is hard coming from war thunder
feels like when ever i spot some one i either dont pen, the fucking reticle takes too long to shrink or they move away, when ever i get spotted im done for

Scouting is a very nuanced thing.
its better to start of going for mediums or heavies.

also when ever i shoot without the reticle being the smallest possible it ALWAYS misses its amazing

It's different - if you're spotted in a shit position, you die 100%. But unlike WT you can actually use skill and avoid dying, as opposed to getting oneshotted randomly by an arty strike 10 meters away from you because a dirt shrapnel penetrated your ammo rack

Is the IS3 still a force?

no arty in WT, tho u can get sniped

What tanks you have?
Snap shots only hit if you are going full speed in a KV-152 aiming at a light tank or have a 50% of hitting when you really, absolutely need it.

Compared to when? 5 years ago?
I have it currently, I don't enjoy playing it but I would not call it bad. You can not really on the armour like you could back in the day and the guns accuracy leaves a lot to be desired.

The arty call thingy, the one which pretty much kills everything in the area

I was, but that's not even the most embarrasing one of my purchases, and I actually tended to do rather well in the Löwe even before its buff.
I'll try to remember your advice, and my favoriote and most played tank class is scout. I think I favored good armor and pen in my first 7k battles, but since then I've been addicted to mobility and great view ranges, so I've put a stoopid amount of battles into the ELC, LTTB and T37. Also: now I want great gun depression on all my tanks, because of reasons.
Those few synergy-rich games are what keep me loading up WoT.

I haven't had the time to follow the banter in here all that much, so pardon my stupid question: do you guys on the NA-servers suffer from language barriers in battles as much as we Europoors do? I have this funny feeling the latinos understand English better than the lovely non-English speaking Eastern Europeans, I'm forced to play with...

never died to that in WT, you're supposed to move away, tho sometimes you have no choice but to stay, even then it might damage but not kill if you're in a higher tier heavy tank

atm im playing on a friends account actually and im using the kv-85 in particular, the reticle takes AGES to stabilize, in WT russian tanks are beasts but here they're really innacurate due to long ass aim time

WG pls nerf leo1 armor

I seriously hope you are not using the 122.
Russians tanks are supposedly High Alpha - low accuracy tanks.
I haven't played KV-85 since the KV-1S split, when KV-1S was THE tier 6 tank to have. I think they nerfed the 122 into oblivion.
Crews can also effect performance, if they are not 100% the spread will be bigger.

Should I buy VK3001D? it's on sale right now.
I already have VK3002M though, buy does the VKD better?

oh 122 is the inferior one? okay then i'll swap it, there's also the su-122 on this account, I tried it out, DPS is amazing but it sometimes faces tier 9s and theres just no chance against those
tank destroyer yet its unaccurate..

dem jaggies

they're the same shit

>AP has 303 pen.
The only possibility is that it bounced off your upper plate at a Godly angle.

Did the defender get another dpm boost? I could have sworn it had ~200 less than the is3, but looking at it on tanks.gg, they are almost identical

using a freshly purchased tank in this game is torture, the default modules... its a bunch of bullshit

few years ago the 122 @ tier 6 was the main source of butthurt, behind Type 59, arty and wehraboos whining about Tiger not fucking everything upside down silly.
Back in the day, KV-3 was at tier 6 along KV-1S, and was the better of the 2 tanks. Almost no one played 1S. Then KV-3 got uptiered and the KV line added, and overnight 1S went from
being neglected to must have and bane of any tier 6 game, with its 122.
This went on for a year, maybe 2. Then WG had enough of everybody whining and split the KV-1S into tier 5 KV-1S, which in my opinion is redundant and unneded tank, and the KV-85, in process turning 122 from the best into absolute shit gun. Before the nerf it had a rof of 5 or 6 and was a force to be reckoned with.

It is not that bad with the Swedes or Czechs. Though new players really have no reason to go for those branches anyway.

yeah, but i was most likely dead if he wasnt greedy and just shot he

every time i see some 10+ kills replay the guy is playing against retards lol, whenever i play i never get such opportunities, like the guy turns a corner and finds 4 tanks just aimlessly aiming to the sides, he wasn't even flanking just going straight

>It's another game of all the enemies and allies move in such a way as to deny you any shots for the last half of the map

Whenever you watch a quickybaby replay, it has to be a shitter or someone deliberately playing shitty to farm damage.

There's good players, and there are shit players. But in the middle, there is a golden zone of shit play, but found there is the highest potential of goodgames. Generally, good players are influencing the game towards a win, and don't experience close games because they are in control for the entire match. Contrasted to this, bad players will just die out and lose without anything to note. It's this shitty middle zone of clueless luckmen or passive statpadders that can create a situation where they can clean up everything they failed to control because they don't bother to. Obviously, these replays are the greatest successes, but what you aren't seeing are the majority of failures these ''''people'''' experience.

Yes, even a good player needs to be fight morons to do more than 6k at tier 10. A lot of good replays don't play with XVM, but with the ones that do you'll see a max of 2-3 greens and the rest worse on the enemy team generally,