Parents decided to offer me a car as a Uni graduation present

>Parents decided to offer me a car as a Uni graduation present
>It's a used Mini
>With the fucking giant speedometer in the middle of the dash

Fucking why? This is utterly hideous and unpractical

Just politely decline it and say you're already happy with your current car

That interior is making me physically ill

You ungrateful cunt. I hope they never buy you anything again

Don't own a car, I usually move by public transportation and drive my parent's car when I have to drive. I can't really decline such a present, that would make them sad. But I concur, all those circles are making my head spin.

I am grateful, you fucking moron. The car looks okay imho. It's just that I can't get used to this fucking speedometer. It's an insult to ergonomics and good taste.

Because muh design

>impractical
How often do you look at the speedo anyways?
I had the same "issue" with the digital speedo on my bike, really bothered me how slowly it updates when I saw it in videos, never noticed it while actually riding.

>saying no to a free car

eh.

As far as hatchbacks go, driving position and handling are GOAT. Pretty based for touge carving, Cooper S or not.

The interior is shit though, unergonomic and (as you'll find out) made with British Leyland teir care for longevity

You could have ended up with something much worse and/or less fun though, I'll say give it a chance.

Yeah, I'm not complaining about handling and overall performances. It's a Cooper, so i'm not worried about driving pleasure. I'll be damned if I refuse this car, it's just thet this fucking speedo will anger me each time I'll take a look a it.

I'm not that stupid.

Same reason Porsche puts the ignition on the left, even on the Panamera or Cayenne. Muh heritage. I think it looks nice though.

Enjoy your clown car you ungrateful cunt!

Trade it for a crotch rocket if you want to look cool fgt

OP don't be stupid, those cars are fun as fuck, you'll find out soon.
A friend of mine has a Mini Cooper Cabrio and is quite nice to drive.

is it turbo

Lmao wtf

Fuck u nigger minis a cute u ungreatful hipster buswanker

>bitching about a free car

Fuck off, you probably didn't even pay for uni

and he probably doesn't even go to uni too!!

at least the tach is front and center for the driver like racecar

>Cooper
So it has sports(ish) seats, nice. Have fun dude.

ITT: OP is an ungrateful faggit and the other faggits are sympathysing with him.

to made it easier for passengers to criticize your speed

I blame your parents for raising a piece of shit spoiled brat like you

Oh, he probably went...got a 'social science' degree and $100k in debt...so Mom and Dad getting him a used car is the best he'll ever get, as baristas don't make very much...

>getting this mad

Any leg up you can get in the current economy/world, take it. People who complain like this are just mad they didn't get thousands of dollars in help from people who won't even notice that money being gone.

i lost my shit looking at that speedometer. jfc

>op complains about a free car
>anons start calling him out
>"L-look I'm not even slightly complaining"
Just

When I finished uni I got a new WRX STi
Thanks mum

I have somewhat wealthy parents (200k/year)

Im still paying for uni myself and drive a 2000 sunfire I bought 5 years ago with my own money. Have 80k in loans which will be easy enough to pay off, and Im still not bitching.

Now OP comes on and bitches about a minor cosmetic "fault" with a car he just got for free?

Sure most people would take a free handmeout, but most people wouldnt start bitching about it right away either. Fuck you OP, you entitled prick.

maybe they think you're gay user, are you gay user?

The little tach above the wheel has a digital speedo on it, use it and forget about the huge ass one on the dash

>not wanting your gf to hold you when she sees you going above the speed limit
oh, right..

My brother graduated last year and my parents got my brother and IS250 with a 72 month payment he has to pay. They put only $1000 down and co signed.

Glad I told my parents I didn't want a car once I graduate as they will do the same to me so I'm fine taking the train.

>72 month
why do people sell their souls to the Jew for five or more years? If you can't make a two year payment or pay cash, what the fuck are you doing buying a new car?

Op here,
Not complaining about the car as a present. You guys have to be complete autistic morons if you genuinely think I would reject such a present. The point of my post was firstly to complain about the presence of this shitty speedo on the car. From my point of view, one can be grateful for a present and still point out a couple flaws in its design. If grasping how such a feat is possible, you probably should return to school.

4 years studiying Japanese and philosophy. No debts since I study in Switzerland and universities here cost about $500 per semester. But most amerifats are still used to paying tens of thousends of dollars for their education. Enjoy your american privilege.

Clearly you don't understand how loans work

the bank gives you money that you have to pay back within six or whatever years. Am I missing something?

Just the part where you're not meant to take anything kit kat says seriously and you sure as fuck don't reply to them.

Someone elses money that is temporary given to you that you eventually have to pay back on top of interest. Never do loans, the kikes make a killing off the interest. It's cheaper in the long term to pay with cash.

>Japanese and philosophy

Enjoy your burger flipping weeb

>Japanese and philosophy
>Drives a mini cooper

>Japanese and philosophy
b8/10

> m'cooper

You're an entitled piece of shit.

You know what I got for graduating?

Dinner.

You got a better car than I've ever had...as a gift. For achieving literally nothing.

kys you spoiled cunt.

>Absolutely free car
>Buttmad because it's not exactly what you want

Fuck off child. I hope you fucking die

stay mad

For $500 a semester that sounds less like career building and more like fun shit that takes up maybe 3 hours of your day, which say, a tradesman or a trust fund baby definitely has to spare.

It's really only us burgers who think uni has to be for career building. Other countries aren't even pissed at "irrelevant" classes being required and affecting your GPA. They think "oh college is so fun i can't wait to study a bunch of different stuff and expand my mind!" not "EVERY FUCKING SECOND HERE COSTS ME A HUNDRED DOLLARS LIKE FUCK I'M DOING ENGLISH COMPOSITION WHEN I'M GOING INTO INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY FUCK YOU COUNSELOR FIND ME THE EASIEST CLASS THAT SATISFIES THAT REQUIREMENT SO MY GPA STILL LOOKS GOOD TO EMPLOYERS"

Take the car man. If it helps just print your favorite meme and take it over.
>inb4 parents that care for their offspring

I didn't even get help with a co-sign from my parents when I tried to get my first car. 4 years out of high school and no college, I have worked hard and got what I wanted. Pic related my garage

When you were partying I studied Japanese

When you were recklessly driving your fancy v8 muscle cars I mastered the mini cooper

While you wasted your days in the gym I cultivated my pursuit of knowledge in philosophy

Not him, but...
There are different ways of seeing things; I think university should be not only a place where you go learn things related to your career, but also to develop as a person.
Doesn't mean you have to take it less seriously.

The problem with that second part is developing as a person is still graded, and that grade is inevitably known to future employers, and affects their decisions as significantly as major GPA. Also, it's pretty well defined so everyone, more or less, develops into the exact same fucking person.

As one who drives a parent's Mini, I just ignore the fuckhuge speedometer and read the digital one on the tach display. You'll get used to it

>Work your ass off
>Buy an FWD memebox and a slow as fuck honda sportbike
>don't even use 100% of your back tire on the sportbike

tragic

うるせえ

I don't want to make any ridiculous suggestions but you could always you know... trade it in?

The Focus St is hella fun to drive. Awesome commute car that isn't a bore to drive. Go have fun with your shitbox lol.
And the bike is brand new. With only 230 miles on it from riding it back from the dealership.

>tfw I will never have rich enough parents to enable me to study totally useless things like japanese and philosophy

Feels bad man

There's a digital readout on the tach fag

He was complaining about the speedo you dumb faggot

>japanese and philosophy
*inhales sharply*
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fucking spoiled brat

>starting the thread with "my parents bought me a car"

you could of left this part out bro

>what I wanted
>wanting to look like a nu-male hipster try hard

Hey wtf, I know it looks bad, but that's a solid little car with a stick, why are you whining?

Buy a big ole wooden wall clock and put it over the speedometer

Lmao, that was my first car.

At least it can turn. That's about the only good thing.

Japan isn't useless. They have been on a recent Nobel Prize winning streak.

Some of the new chemical elements were discovered in Japan as well.

Who knows, maybe OP might want to work for Toyota one day so his Japanese major helps.

that speedo ahahahah wtf were they thinking

And maybe pick up a pure japanese waifu while you're at it right?

>really bothered me how slowly it updates when I saw it in videos, never noticed it while actually riding
I mean, if you're basing it off 30fps youtube videos, of course it's gonna look slow.

Mate, if majoring in Japanese in college was a reliable path to a stable income then you'd see more people actually doing it.

Majoring in a language is literally for trust fund babbies unless you want to go to law school for international law or some shit like that

Well, look on the bright side. It has the right transmission.

Some vintage ferraris didn't even have a speedometer, only a tach, which the mini keeps front and center. Enzo thought the speedo was unnecessary.

Tach is way more important than speedo.

Also, you're ungrateful as shit. One of the best moments of my life so far was tracking a stripped out Cooper S on RE71R's.

When I graduated I didn't get shit.

I own a mini Cooper s...
But I got it for a good deal 40k miles with everything working for $3k so I think I am justified. Still makes me cringe everyday looking at that clock telling me my speed

...Mini's are fun as fuck to drive. Definitely among the most fun FWD cars to daily at the very least.

The only reason why I wouldn't get a Mini is because they're a British brand owned by BMW - it'd be shocking if things DIDN'T fucking break.

Be that as it may, just enjoy the goddamn car, op. The speedo is fucking fine, who the fuck watches that anyway? And is that a goddamn stick shift? Praise the fucking gods, you should be thankful for having awesome parents.

Just drive it for a while (at least 2-3 years) then say that you "want to switch to a more practical car". Or, wait until the 2nd or 3rd time it shits the bed and use that as an excuse to trade it in.

>hides rear tyre in next picture
Get out, you're already rumbled

Ah yes, I forgot how common it is to win a Nobel piece prize. By the way the Japanese are extremely nationalistic and racist, I hope you get the shit beat out of you by some gooks and get deported for causing a fight. Faggot

you can set a digital speedometer to show up on the tach behind the steering wheel for starters, because yeah it is dumb to look over

>british

Enough to know it's a pos

if you have one why are you not doing this

>Fucking why? This is utterly hideous and unpractical
I can make the same assumption about you too. You are bitching about a car that you didn't pay shit for, so I hope that you live near a nigger so that your car can have a new owner since the one it has right now is a piece of shit, i.e. you.

what happens when the transmission shits out ?

speaking as somebody who actually owns a mini there's a digital speedo on the tachometer

once you've owned this car for a long enough period of time you'll learn that you can fit way more than you expect

just enjoy it man, it's free

i actually think they're really fun cars, almost miata-tier even if you don't have the S model

I am but as stated before that huge clock always catches my eye... Still a great car tho

I always assumed that it was a callback to the interiors of the old Minis, which were symmetrical so they saved on production costs when putting the steering wheel on the other side for the export market.
Mine has a screen in the middle, and a speedometer around the screen, where the needle moves on the outside. I think it looks pretty sweet.

Just be grateful you little cunt.

>ungrateful
Yeah son, let us buy you a bag of cowshit. Dont like it? YOU UNGRATEFUL FUCK, HOW DO YOU NOT APPRECIATE WHAT IS HANDED TO YOU FOR FREE?

your parents don't love you aparently

/thread

Fuck you, OP.

You get used to the speedometer eventually, I was driving an echo for a while and it was annoying at first but after a few days its second nature to look over there instead off under the wheel. It's designed so it's easier to manufacture cars for other countries where the driver is on the right

>scrawny little chinks
>beating anyone up

maybw if he's a white guy but if he's an actual non bitch tier race then lmao
>chinky gooks
>physically threatening
>EVER

AHAHAHAHA

Be appreciative your parents bought you a car you cuck

Why the fuck did he sign it????????????

stay poor