Is there anything wrong with using blindspot mirrors?

is there anything wrong with using blindspot mirrors?

What are your thoughts on a driver if you see that he/she has them?

Personally i never used them, and I don't spend enough time with them to get accustomed to it. With that i think they're stupid to have, and anyone that has them is too lazy to turn their heads around for a split second

I used one in my old Eclipse Spyder because the right side blind spot was horrendous.

I have them but I always do a head check when I change lanes.

the only reason I have them is that to discovered that they are really handy when parking. as in to see better where the lines are and stuff and how you fit between the lines.

>is there anything wrong with using blindspot mirrors?
No but they are no replacement for actually turning your head to look beside you when changing lanes.
>What are your thoughts on a driver if you see that he/she has them?
Nothing. I don't even notice they have them.

Don't use them myself.

I don't really paid attention to what's on others' mirrors.

Fuck no. Anybody that looks down them would probably be the same kind of person who complained when cars needed to have things like turn signals and seat belts.

My car has them stock, and they're fantastic. It's not a replacement for moving your head, it's just more mirrors. There is nothing wrong with more visibility when driving.

>but the problem is that people will change lanes without checking
Literally a made up problem. If a person was going to do that, it wasn't the mirror, it's their shitty driving.

I use them in my truck more than the regular mirrors since the regular mirrors are cracked and some vehicles are too low for me to see with a head check. I've been thinking about sticking one on the passenger mirror in the fox body too since that mirror is laughably small and about useless as-is.

Well I drive a convertible and when the top is up it's nearly impossible to see your blind spot, especially with a passenger in the car

They're nice for parallel parking.

I have to use them on my Fit because the side blindspots are uncomfortably huge. I still check them manually and ai don't have them on any other car

I love them as I work in a retail store with a full sized garage. They're helpful for parking or backing up in the shop as driving unfamiliar cars is hard enough and even more so when the mechanic next to you has his die grinder on the floor behind the P/R tire

>thoughts on a driver

Geezer that can't turn his head.

Adding them ironically blocks the most useful spot on the side mirrors

If you need them, your mirrors aren't adjusted properly. If you need to turn your head, your mirrors aren't adjusted properly either.

They're pretty necessary on some convertibles with the top up. The blind spot is huge and head checks don't let you see what's there.

>I've never had an actual drivers car that sacrificed some rear visibilty.

Forgive him user
Econoboxes tend to have great visibility and tend to not pass people frequently anyways.

I only use them for hooking up to a trailer or parking in reverse. With this huge bitch, it's hard to accurately back into a space or back up to a trailer.

>If you need them, your mirrors aren't adjusted properly.
Your statement is false for many cars. No matter where you adjust them, there will be blind spots on some mirrors due to styling and/or size issues.

My wheels are curb-rash free because of them.

>My wheels are curb-rash free because of them.
I don't rash when parking. But I have rash from not crashing when other people come into my lane. It is move over or be hit. Some people suck because they DUI or act like they DUI from sheer carelessness or the willingness to make it thru life's accidents by lying after they hit people like me.

Pretty much a necessity on this thing, otherwise I'm leaning ridiculously far forward to check my blindspots.

My oem mirrors bent at the end for the wide angle. Pretty neet but useless as the mirrors are large enough to barely have a deadspot larger than a few feets.

a necessity to me

it makes reverse / parallel parking a breeze when you can see your rear tires without having to adjust your mirrors at an extreme angle just for parking.

for changing lanes, I always just to a shoulder check because there's no way I'm going to trust a tiny little mirror on the blindside.

Just like it was mentioned before, I use them to help me park my car.

Same.

Even with the mirrors adjusted properly they provide an further extra bit of visibility.

I have NEVER, EVER seen blindspot mirrors on any car. Are these a thing in 'murica or in newer cars?

Don't they have Vatozone in Yurop, esse?

They make you look 80, incompetent, or both

My truck came with them from the PO, I can't be fucked to take them off and frankly they're handy. I drive an old squarebody, my mirrors are already adjusted correctly so I have almost zero blind spots, the only time I use those blindspot mirrors is for backing up next to things or sketchy small roads/driveways next to ditches, let's me see exactly where my rear tires are, mainly with the passenger side.

I had them on my truck. I still shoulder checked, but having the mirror was nice to have.
Mainly only used it to see the line when backing into a spot. I don't have them on my car because they're ugly as fuck

Only trucks or anything carrying cargo are allowed to have them
Everyone else is a fuccboi

Nope, if that is your budget, then get them.

Other people buy side mirror replacements which are made by 3rd parties to fit in your existing side mirror housings. Instead of OEM types being totally flat on the outside facing with a curved interior mirror to magnify the NHTSA test target to pass the tests at the lowest cost, these mirrors are made to eliminate your blind spots. But they have a higher cost.

Picture is an example of one type made for MINI. Remember that the example picture in the mirror was adjusted to show the range of view difference between the OEM and the 3rd party replacement. It is not adjusted to be your typical normal viewing position.

when your mirrors are literally 4x5" and positioned at the vent window post instead of at the A-pillar, blind spot mirrors are a bit of an asset. same goes for a truck with a cap/shell on the bed and zero rear visibility.

I have them just because I'm so used to them in my semi that even in my Boxster the view looks weird without them.

They make me feel like I'm wearing bifocal glasses with that small image inset in them.

They're too fucking stupid to properly adjust their mirrors. Likely a boomer.

It's a "stay away, I'm a bad driver "sign.

Bull, I drove an Expedition for 6 years, always backed in to park at home, pulled a trailer often, never once considered getting blind spot mirrors. And I am the type to use side mirrors for backing up.

What are the most aesthetic looking blind spot mirrors.

I bought my first car after using mom's car which had them I have grown to really like them.

like people said. for parking more so that to not need to do a headcheck

if you can see in your side mirrors any of the area already covered in your rearview mirror, your side mirrors are improperly positioned. most people have this error, where either
- their own vehicle takes up half the space in their side mirror
- their side mirrors are pointed at the area directly behind their vehicle rather than the side of it.

of course, you should always physically turn to your blind spot, but having your mirrors set up properly is important.

>he doesn't have a sensor
Get with the times grandpa

Nice truck man

Haha those are awesome, always been curious how they are compared to say a Wrangler

I hate these fucking things because morons rely too much on them
>soccer mum in fuckhueg SUV parking or pulling out from spot
>parking sensors fail
>BANG cos why use your eyes?

I bought a used car that had them and didn't like it. I don't care if other drivers use them but it's not for me.

You can pay me $186 to adjust your mirrors 1 inch for you

I've already test that my side mirrors in tandem with my rear view mirror will always have large blind spots. So no adjusting will help. It's either buy curved mirror replacements like in or have to keep turning my head. There have been times I was too nervous to change lanes on the freeway. That's because cars in front like to dodge into the space in front of me if I leave a gap, so it's like driving in a race. After they dodge into the space, they sometimes hit their brakes because they are too close to the car in front of them, so they are forcing me to back off from them as well.

hi guyse

WHERE DO I BUY THIS AND WHAT IS IT CALLED

I might look like a butch lesbian driving this but fuck me if the visibility isn't fantastic

I drive the same car (only the S-turbo) and hell yeah visibility is the shit. I drove a Fiat Multipla before and it was even better.

My F-150 has them on only the driver's side for some reason. I don't quite understand why because the mirrors are so large you don't really have a blindspot...

My Focus came with em. I hardly need them though, since the mirrors are gigantic.
I can see the use of them, though.

my right mirror has a camera on it for when i signal right

At least they are trying to be safer. I have the feeling lots of drivers of the new cars have blind spots but don't care because anyone that hits them in the back gets the blame. So they just change lanes.

Sometime All it takes is a split second to turn your head and the car ahead of you slam there brakes.

Wink mirror.

Got one from Autozone in clearance dirt cheap because the box was kinda worn.