ZL1 1LE Nürburgring Lap Time + Video Released

>"The all-new 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE took on the Green Hell and clocked in at an impressive 7:16.04, making it the fastest Camaro to ever lap the famed German track. With the introduction of the Camaro ZL1 1LE, available in the summer of 2017, Chevrolet has established a new production sports car benchmark for track capability."

youtube.com/watch?v=t4zSIVpVMaw&feature=share

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BVpZgxqh7Yx/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Im stealing that wing and putting it on my 240

Cars still faster than the ZL1 1LE:

2016 NextEV Nio EP9
2009 Radical SR8LM
2018 Lamborghini Huracan Performante
2005 Radical SR8
2013 Porsche 918 Spyder
2015 Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 Superveloce
2015 Nissan GT-R Nismo
2017 Mercedes-AMG GT-R
2009 Gumpert Apollo Speed
2010 Dodge Viper SRT-10 ACR
2018 Porsche 911 GT3
2012 Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package
2005 Donkervoort D8 RS

Cars now slower than the ZL1 1LE

2010 Porsche 911 GT2 RS
2003 Radical SR3 Turbo
2013 Nissan GT-R
2012 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
2015 Ferrari 488 GTB
2014 Mercedes SLS AMG Black Series
2011 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0
2016 BMW M4 GTS
Ect.

>All these autotragics

Thank you based GM for still producing manuals.

>Faster than GT-R
How will Nissan ever recover?

The new 10 speed autos are good, no doubt about that. But on a track the manaul tends to equal the 10 speed if not slightly beat it, in the hands of a skilled driver of course.

The 10 speed smokes the manual in the 1/4 mile tho.

>three year old GT-R still faster
>80% of the top 20 cars are non-american
???

you mean the metric nobody gives a flying fuck about except for children and niggers?

street racing = recklessly endangering the public
drag racing = a waste of time and tires
on the track = you make up that .02s and then some in the next corner

how many of you have ever driven on a track?

>implicating all racing isn't a waste of time and tires
Idiot.

>insane canards, splitters and spoiler
>still TWENTY-FOUR SECONDS slower than a car with 20 less hp and a lot less rice-aero

????

E for effort I guess

>6 speed manual
>4 seats
>rear wheel drive
>5 figure price
>faster than most supercars

I can't wait to hear the excuses

>Europeans will literally defend this

Track racing lasts more than 12 seconds and takes considerably longer to really wear shit down (my condolences to bike bros who can get maybe one race out of a rear tire)

Better luck next time GM

>Nissan needs a 150k car, 80k body kit, AWD and DCT to go (*LITERALLY*) 1% faster than Cleetus in his 70k muscle barge who has to shift gears himself

Lmao

>B-but I am poor!!

Lol

>inb4 somebody will make 600hp hot-"hatch" that is 5s faster

I'm glad GM is killing it, since it'll push Ford to make the new Mustang even better (and hopefully lighter) and bring the 7th gen closer. I'd get a Camaro, but I want something I can see out of.

>literally owns a shitty GMC truck

>YFW the HP wars got out of control and were topping out
>so car companies got together to sperg over the ridiculously long nurburgring
>now you all argue over lap times instead of power
Stay manipulated faggots.

>car companies compete with each other
>we get better products

Damn we got BTFO

You got slower street cars, for better track cars... And literally less than 1% of you race on the track.

Does a go-kart track count?

This. The track isn't a pure performance measure but matters.

>1% of you track your cars
This is somethng I agree on, if you want to make a small fortune in racing you start with a large one. Unless you're making a $100k+ salary and don't have a family. You won't become a competitive driver to even get to a capability level to max out these cars. You can try with experience in terms of time but you'll be three seconds slower than the dedicated/wealthy.

>not in this thread user.

>AWD and carbon monocoque vs RWD and the same chassis as a fucking rental car
I know you're shitposting but you could at least try.

>TWENTY
>FOUR
>SECONDS

yes and? I do not go around telling people my truck is better than theirs because it was cheaper

It would be much more interesting to see the price tags of each of the cars, to see what you get for the money.

Hell of an accomplishment, watched the video earlier. The lap didn't really appear too smooth but can't argue with the results

I think the real casualty here isn't the GT2 RS as people say... I think it's that BMW has seriously lost their edge

Pretty soon all their lost M engineers will create top spec Kias and Hyundais that'll post better ring times than their most "hardcore" M4... and then it'll just be pathetic

Bit hypocritical of you to call someone poor then.

Gt2 had a good run, here's to next gen to really push the envelope!

He's from Mexico. Being poor is something he is used to.

Car tuned for Nurburgering, now ruined

t. James May

Why not just call it the Z28? It's not like they can make this car any faster while still keeping it street legal (hence the GT4.R)

The Camaro is already the antithesis of what James May likes already. This won't change that.

>Almost 700k dollars less
>Only 20 seconds

>It's not like they can make this car any faster while still keeping it street legal
Shit-loads of carbon fiber with a very high-revving DOHC V8 as a spiritual successor to the DZ302. since this car is 70k there is still more money that can be spent making it more exotic and using better/lighter materials.

you talk like a fag and your shits all retarded

>700k
>americans in charge of doing math

I guess this is why you had to import/kidnap european scientists after WW2

1. 2016 NextEV Nio EP9 - $1,200,000
2. 2009 Radical SR8LM - $175,000 - $200,000 (couldn't find the exact price on this one so I went based off of what Radical is charging for other models of the SR8)
3. 2018 Lamborghini Huracan Performante - $274,390
4. 2013 Porsche 918 Spyder - $847,000
5. 2015 Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 Superveloce - $530,000
6. 2015 Nissan GT-R Nismo - $149,990
7. 2017 Mercedes-AMG GT R - $349,000
8. 2009 Gumpert Apollo Speed - $390,000
9. 2010 Dodge Viper SRT-10 ACR - $110,000
10. 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 - $144,650 (base price)
11. 2012 Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package - $445,000
12. 2005 Donkervoort D8 RS - Notable to find a price

13. Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE - $69,995

14. 2010 Porsche 911 GT2 RS - $208,065
15. 2003 Radical SR3 Turbo - $63393 - $88746 (pricing is based on what it costs in recent years to buy it, I can't find how much it cost in 2003)
16. 2013 Nissan GT-R - $96,820
17. 2012 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 - $129,945
18. 2015 Ferrari 488 GTB - $230,000
19. 2014 Mercedes SLS AMG Black Series - $275,000
20. 2011 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 - $146,000
21. 2016 BMW M4 GTS - $134,200

There ya go.

I think the Donkervoort is/was like $165k.

N-attack is more than $150,000. 2013 GTRs weren't sold below 100lk. ZR1s are like 100-110k.

Some of it might be incorrect. Finding the exact prices on some of these was surpringly difficult.

Its always so funny to see these results. Dose this thing have a solid rear axle still? Pushrod v8? Over produced pointless aesthetics?

Chevy is like the poor kid getting picked on by the rich kids. Every few years it saves all its bottle and can money and shows up on a shiny new bike and blows everyone away but in between it just trolls and acts like a retard.

that was fuckin nice

Typical dumbass Euro.

Anyway, yes it's a pushrod V8, is physically more compact than a smaller-displacement DOHC V8 because of it. No, Camaros have had independent suspension since the 90's.

>2013 GTRs weren't sold below 100lk
Pic related
>ZR1s are like 100-110k
MSRP was somewhere between 125 and 130k when you added the track pack or whatever it was called, which I'm assuming the one that went around the 'Ring had.

Stop spreading misinformation please.

>forgetting the pic like a retard
It's 2:25 am, sorry.

Civic is faster

The car that was tested on the ring was the Black Edition. which is over 100k. pic from motortrend.

>Nissan GT-R Nismo
and you can own it for 175k USD

The fact that a fwd Civic hot hatch is faster than anything BMW currently offers aside from the $140k M4 GTS is fucking ridiculous.

>12 seconds slower than a Camaro while costing double the price, having DCT, being unable to clear a speed bump, and not having back seats

How is this possible?

German cars outside of Porsche have a serious obesity problem.

BMW literally cannot compete

Germamy, once again, have made themselves irrelevant

>(((10 speed))) auto
>Good
V Haram

Does this make the ZL1 the fastest manual transmission car to go around the Ring? ACR-X isn't street legal.

>Cars faster than a sub 100k camaro
>Lists all 100k+ Vehicles
Really tickles my nickels

The regular ACR is Manual.

WHERE's THE C7 Z06's lap?

It can't get around without overheating. It would be slower.

>ywn shame snobby stuck-up rich cunts on the track with your fat, stupid, American muscle car
>ywn overtake high-tech German spaceships and Italian supercars and listen to their pretentious owners bitch about cheater tires and displacement
>ywn silence their boasting about the superiority of automatics and the importance of heritage with obscenely loud supercharger whine and squealing tires

>I am poor the post

Americans claim to have so much money yet their cars are always cheap

Nope

Someone put this weeb loser out of his misery

That was probably the most exciting Burgerking lap I've watched. He was manhandling that thing like a fucking madman.

>Eurofags have to make an over priced vehicle.
>Can't keep out with America on price.
>Complains of a cheap fast car.

It will have a +50k mark up price like the old z/28 did

If you are wrong kys.

The reason we do vehicles at a cheaper price point in America is for people to actually have a chance at buying something cool and fast. We don't make cars that can and will only be obtained by rich business men and there kids who will only ever drive it as a show piece.

I ducking love knowing I live in a country where when we get our hands on a sports car we don't fucking treat it like a baby never actually using it for what it is intended to do. We drive the shit out of our cars and we don't give a fuck.

>europe
Land of small econoboxes and luxury cars only the rich will ever buy
>america
Land of massive trucks, sports cars and imports along with massive highways and parking lots to fit them.

Feels good man.

THIS. The whole point is for these super cool god machines to be accessible and enjoyed by as many people as possible. America has the best car culture because anyone can get into it. In Europe you better be a multimillionaire or billionaire to be able to enjoy it. Even then chances are the car rusts away in a garage. We actually like to enjoy our cars and drive the shit out of them.

>americans are this delusional

tell us more about your loaned cavalier pls

Boom goes the thread! This guy knows.

Impressive driving. I'd like to see more of that guy's footwork

I've seen a surprising number of new camaros in London (not zero)

On closer inspection the lap starts at the end of the concrete wall but ends further back where the wall starts

Is GM cheating or what?

This is how literally every single manufacturer times their laps on Nordschliefe. Watch any other video and it'll be the same points.

Are you a fucking retard?

lel this post triggered ameribetics hard

>2 posts
>triggered

The wisest user speaks

The unofficial hand timed lap was in the 7:13:XX range.
instagram.com/p/BVpZgxqh7Yx/

You're a poor Mexican that owns a gmc truck. Why haven't you killed yourself yet?

I am not poor and I like my life???

thats how all laptimes work

If you aren't poor why not buy a GT-R?

(the Nismo was a limited run and the base model is slower than a GT350R or ZL1, I should warn you)

don't really like the GT-R

>BURGERKING
>GOOD METRIC

lmao people actually believe a civic type R is faster than multiple porsches and lambos on a track. Do you REALLY think companies are all giving it the same go? Honda literally cheated their run, while porsche is just sending some guy and a car and not giving a shit.

Camarillo pretty much did the same thing because one of the people who works on the Camaro was the driver and they did that entire thing on street tires that come with the car, not slicks.

assmad 911 fangirl detected

Why do you like Nissan? They make nothing else worthwhile.

The Camaros *actual* competitor, the 370Z is inferior in every way (not even the visibility is bettee).

First off, stop tripshitting faggot.

Second that's a nice time for a 70k car.

Accurate.

Why does everybody here get so autistic over laptimes when nobody here could get remotely close to that guys time?

idk just do

>inferior in every way
the nismo 370z looks much better than the camaro desu, the new 1le is kinda ok but it still has the gaping mouth grill

>b-but performance
lmao they are all slower than a shifter kart or a formula car

on top of that, they compare cars that aren't even track cars.

>looks much better
>he judges car based on looks

>slower than a formula car
Wow

>the car is slower than x anyway
Please stop saying this autistic shit. It's a street car no shit it's going to lose to cars specifically designed and tuned to be track usage only. For a 69k muscle car to lap the ring and place 14th fastest in the world is pretty fucking incredible. In the real world the ZL1 1LE would literally wipe the fucking 99% of anything else on the streets.

why would you use any other metric?

the only important part of a car is the looks, then it's straight line performance

>oh wow look at all these useless data because its still slower than a 10k shifter kart

reminder benchracing is an ironic meme and you autists are taking it serious

>straight line is everything
God you sound boring as fuck